Patch 3.0 ps4 anticipation

• Thread starter Fizzy1979
  • 52 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I don't know about everyone else but I feel I shouldn't play pc2 till we get the new patch, though I've been playing the demo and really enjoying it, that's what we should've got back in September

I don't know about everyone else but I feel I shouldn't play pc2 till we get the new patch, though I've been playing the demo and really enjoying it, that's what we should've got back in September
How are the graphics on the demo compared to the game at present. Are you on Pro?

How are the graphics on the demo compared to the game at present. Are you on Pro?
If I choose high resolution from the graphics menu then yes it's most defo better than the full game, the game just looks brighter and fresher,I think when they release the patch this week I suspect I'll be playing in that graphics mode, there's two more graphics modes, one that favors graphics detail and the other that favors stable frame rate, but I'd honestly recommend the higher resolution mode, bring on patch 3.0, chen you won't be disappointed oh and I'm running a ps4 pro with a Samsung mu9000 55 inch

Thanks Fizzy I'll be in high res mode too then! PS4 Pro 4K HDR LG 43", it would be a shame not to really. :cheers:

When is this Patch expected? and, have they made mention of the ridiculously low volume on the current version? Cheers!

I've got the full game, & I play it almost every day. But I've never tried the demo.

Since you've played the demo, what is the differences in terms of performance between the current full game on xbox1/ps4 & the demo?

I've heard few other people say the demo has got better physics & graphics. But I've never had a 1st opinion about it.

When is this Patch expected? and, have they made mention of the ridiculously low volume on the current version? Cheers!
Well the patch has been sent to Sony for approval so if we're lucky they may roll it out tomorrow, I'm not sure if they've fixed the volume issue in this patch, there was no mention of it in the notes for the PC patch that was released this week

I've got the full game, & I play it almost every day. But I've never tried the demo.

Since you've played the demo, what is the differences in terms of performance between the current full game on xbox1/ps4 & the demo?

I've heard few other people say the demo has got better physics & graphics. But I've never had a 1st opinion about it.
I can't comment how much better it is than the standard post because I've got the ps4 pro, but yes there is a difference in gameplay and visuals, the cars feel better to control, more intuitive and not so on the edge, like I said above there's 3 graphics options available,I favor the higher resolution myself, but overall the demo looks fresher and just nicer, apparently the patch that's coming out will make the full game better than even the demo, streets ahead apparently

Thanks Fizzy I'll be in high res mode too then! PS4 Pro 4K HDR LG 43", it would be a shame not to really. :cheers:
I'm thinking I have the very same tv. I bought it recently but I'm having trouble making the Game mode setting brighter. It's supposed to be the best mode to play games in since it minimizes input lag, but I'm having a hard time making the picture bright enough. Are you having similar issues or found a workaround?

I'm thinking I have the very same tv. I bought it recently but I'm having trouble making the Game mode setting brighter. It's supposed to be the best mode to play games in since it minimizes input lag, but I'm having a hard time making the picture bright enough. Are you having similar issues or found a workaround?
King pen forget playing it in game mode, I've never played pc1 or pc2 in game mode, bruv trust me for this game turning game mode on is a hindrance and detrimental to picture quality especially on the tv we have,I tell you what I'll post the picture settings I use for pc2 on here in a little while, go by those settings I post, to be honest I don't use game mode at all, never have on the present Samsung mu9000 neither on my previous Samsung ks8000

I did find using game mode really has a big affect on brightness, if you ask me game mode is a load of rubbish and I don't recommend it to anyone

My picture settings

Attachments

• 20171130_215541.jpg
    20171130_215541.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 55
  • 20171130_215551.jpg
    20171130_215551.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 50
  • 20171130_215602.jpg
    20171130_215602.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 20171130_215612.jpg
    20171130_215612.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on pro and there poor compared to gtsport. Im on pro with 4k and using rs500. I stopped playing after 2 weeks from release... and feel total waste of money and felt happier playing pc1. Game looks and feels like half finished project.... will not buy another from project cars franchise...

I see that Fizzy has been very helpful with some recommendations. If you do want to utilise game mode but adjust the brightness just click other options down the bottom of the on screen menu on the right hand side and then you will be able to adjust individual settings to your hearts content. Once you have done that you will notice that the description in the menu will change from Game Mode to Game Mode User. I am at work atm so if some of my explanation is not exact it is because I can't see my tv.
Personally after messing with the settings in game mode and making games look washed out etc I just left it on game mode without adjusting and am totally happy with the picture quality.
Hope this helps out somewhat.

I'm on pro and there poor compared to gtsport. Im on pro with 4k and using rs500. I stopped playing after 2 weeks from release... and feel total waste of money and felt happier playing pc1. Game looks and feels like half finished project.... will not buy another from project cars franchise...
I'm disappointed to hear that about the graphics. Owners of the XboxX have been raving about how good it looks, like a high end PC and I also read that Pro is not too different in the demo and upcoming patch, a few minor discrepancies but great looking nevertheless. I'll find out soon enough when the patch arrives. I wasn't expecting GTS level graphics but was hoping for a big boost over what PC2 is delivering atm.

I'm disappointed to hear that about the graphics. Owners of the XboxX have been raving about how good it looks, like a high end PC and I also read that Pro is not too different in the demo and upcoming patch, a few minor discrepancies but great looking nevertheless. I'll find out soon enough when the patch arrives. I wasn't expecting GTS level graphics but was hoping for a big boost over what PC2 is delivering atm.
Demo is only 5 gigs. Could find out for yourself now.

Just wait for the patch

Well the patch has been sent to Sony for approval so if we're lucky they may roll it out tomorrow, I'm not sure if they've fixed the volume issue in this patch, there was no mention of it in the notes for the PC patch that was released this week

Thanks for your response mate. Am I the only one with volume issues? I've tried connecting my pro directly to my large tv, to my 34" PC monitor, via optical, through the controller pad etc. and still get only what seems 50% volume out when compared to GT Sport etc.

As for the quality of the demo on Pro, at least on my PC monitor (albeit a pretty high-end unit I use for photo editing), it's almost on par with GT Sport when hi-res or quality priority is selected. My monitor is a 1440p unit just in case. I did try the demo modes on my 70" 4K TV and it does not look as clean or sharp as GT Sport but it's still better than the full-game in its current state.

Out of curiosity, I downloaded the demo onto my son's Xbox1X and the graphics are almost the same as the Pro and not noticeable unless playing on a 4K screen. However, there is noticeable tearing and frame drops on the XB1X which are not found on the Pro and most definitely not on par with what I get out of the mid-spec'd PC attached to that 1440p monitor (actually not even sure it is a mid-spec anymore lol... AMD 8350/GTX1060-6Gb/32GbRAM

Thanks for your response mate. Am I the only one with volume issues? I've tried connecting my pro directly to my large tv, to my 34" PC monitor, via optical, through the controller pad etc. and still get only what seems 50% volume out when compared to GT Sport etc.

As for the quality of the demo on Pro, at least on my PC monitor (albeit a pretty high-end unit I use for photo editing), it's almost on par with GT Sport when hi-res or quality priority is selected. My monitor is a 1440p unit just in case. I did try the demo modes on my 70" 4K TV and it does not look as clean or sharp as GT Sport but it's still better than the full-game in its current state.

Out of curiosity, I downloaded the demo onto my son's Xbox1X and the graphics are almost the same as the Pro and not noticeable unless playing on a 4K screen. However, there is noticeable tearing and frame drops on the XB1X which are not found on the Pro and most definitely not on par with what I get out of the mid-spec'd PC attached to that 1440p monitor (actually not even sure it is a mid-spec anymore lol... AMD 8350/GTX1060-6Gb/32GbRAM
They tested it before the upcoming patch they should have waited ;)

I just wish they would delete the damn chicane from classic Monza 10 km circuit. Totally ruins the track, god. :banghead::banghead: That and a test course oval for top speed would be nice addition. I too get the feeling that graphics were somehow better on PC1. Regardless GT sport is a smooth 50-60 FPS on my used, stock standard PS4 whereas PC2 is only wthin a mile of that with few cars on track and sunny weather.

Also they could give some of the cars better base tunes, the cars are so bad stock, they need significant tuning just to drive a decent lap without a spin. The Stock car is just undriveable for me, I'm countersteering at Indy and running like 54 sec laps, its like im on ice.

'Regardless GT sport is a smooth 50-60 FPS on my used, stock standard PS4 whereas PC2 is only wthin a mile of that with few cars on track and sunny weather.'

The above simply isn't true.

6.45ish onward here:

You said we don't come within a mile of 50 FPS unless there are a few cars only on screen. We're pretty much a solid 60 FPS in sunny weather with a full field. We drop to an average of 50 in the very worst case scenario (Monaco, rain, full field).

They tested it before the upcoming patch they should have waited ;)

uhmmm I'm talking about what I SAW with my own eyes last night while comparing the 'patched up' demo on XB1X and my PS4P demo. The tearing and frame-drops are still there on XB1X. Like I said, it looks marginally better than PS4P but definitely NOT as smooth. oh! and most definitely NOWHERE near as close to a 'high-end' PC.

Last edited:
uhmmm I'm talking about what I SAW with my own eyes last night while comparing the 'patched up' demo on XB1X and my PS4P demo. The tearing and frame-drops are still there on XB1X. Like I said, it looks marginally better than PS4P but definitely NOT as smooth.

Ignore :) Sorry.

@IanBell, While we have you here for a little while, are you allowed to say if console users will get the ability to name lobbies and/or have lobby text chat?

If they're not possible to be included could you explain the technical reasons why not?

My picture settings
Thanks man. Those settings look a whole lot better than game mode

I see that Fizzy has been very helpful with some recommendations. If you do want to utilise game mode but adjust the brightness just click other options down the bottom of the on screen menu on the right hand side and then you will be able to adjust individual settings to your hearts content. Once you have done that you will notice that the description in the menu will change from Game Mode to Game Mode User. I am at work atm so if some of my explanation is not exact it is because I can't see my tv.
Personally after messing with the settings in game mode and making games look washed out etc I just left it on game mode without adjusting and am totally happy with the picture quality.
Hope this helps out somewhat.
Yeah I messed with the settings a bit and forgot about game mode completely. Any input lag I'm experiencing right now is hardly noticeable. Thanks.

Was watching a YouTube video of the demo on pro and during the replay of the Renault 3.5 race I was immediately drawn to something that looked quite odd.
The drivers were sitting too high, like they were sitting on an apple crate lol.
SMS had it right with the original where the drivers were hunkered down nice and low, like they should be.
Perhaps the drivers in PCars 2 have been modeled on the Wookiee, tall lad that he is.

Back