Patch 3.0 Still Buggy :-(

• Thread starter TT92
  • 460 comments

TT92

Premium
Australia
WA
TT__777
All comments are for what I have found on my PS4 so far after about 3 hrs play.

* First crash happened in about 60 seconds of starting the game after 3.0 installed while entering garage

* Career GT3 rolling start at Laguna Seca I could overtake all cars bar 1 on the countdown and go from rear of grid to second place during the countdown. BTW I could not reproduce this by re-running the season again.

* Selecting Race soft tyres I end up with hards or mediums fitted. At Ruapuna in the Audi eTron I could not fit wets at all after a pit stop. I had to start the race on wets and wear them out! Some other tracks (Watkins Glen) are OK.

* In GT3 career events even though I have skipped qualifying I still get listed as fastest time.

* I have lost all FFB a couple of times and had to reboot wheel (T300).

* Some career events are still locked and inaccessible and winning team championships are not being logged.

* AI still too fast in the wet (mainly cornering speed).

What is good, I can now see what tyres are fitted and the wear. What is bad, I can completely wear the tyres out and not drop any lap time. With the above problem of not having the tyres fitted that I have stipulated I can see that at places like Monza there is only 0.3sec difference in lap time from softs to hards. Really?! That's close to real life isn't it? At Ruapuna the Audi eTron did 8 laps on wets, in the rain and worn out because I had to start in the dry with them. (due to the above pit stop glitch)

The FFB is a lot better and the Bentley Continental now drives very nicely.

So my verdict on the update......................... 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

IMHO this update has not been tested properly and some of the main bugs form launch are still there, namely crashes and loss of FFB.

I will probably do a bit more messing around but I do think I am putting this disc back on the shelf and returning to GT6. This game is still badly broken and quite frankly I do not think SMS have got a clue about making a stable, playable game/sim.

Hmm I really wanted the various wheel issues to be sorted. I think patch 2.0 made my T300 worse in terms of loss of FFB and wonky wheel syndrome and I bet 3.0 doesn't fix it either. Input device functionality should be right up at the top of the list really.
Haven't had a chance to play yet but won't be too long.

Just plugged my new wheel in (that arrived this morning), Fanatec GT3, & guess what? IT'S NOT RECOGNISED! Tried it in both modes & the wheel menu isn't even there under "Controls", it just shows the DS4 menu. Happy happy joy joy!

:ouch:

Get a PC and get Assetto Corsa, the developers actually care about their customers! Plus the FFB actually works and the physics are better. Gave up on Project Cars within a month or so. Try the GT86 in AC, as good as it gets IMO.

To those people who say "they have not experienced any bugs on PS4":

* Is it the disc version or download version?

* What wheel (if any) do you use?

* How many hours played on PCARs

I use a Thrustmaster T300, I have the Disc version and about 260 hours.

Also do an endurance race that requires a pit stop and try an change to wet tyres! See what you get ;-)

I also have not had one issue with any other PS4 game or app.

Also do an endurance race that requires a pit stop and try an change to wet tyres! See what you get ;-)

* Disc version for me.
* DS4 only
* 140+ hours
* Have experienced all sorts of bugs, as i've mentioned in the old Pcars bug thread a while ago. Never crashed my system with Pcars.
* PS4 is only 2 months old.

Could the crashes be wheel related, age of your PS4, any buildup on the blu ray, disc fully clean with no scratches etc, faulty Pcars install file, does it crash if you only try the DS4? Etc. Loads of variables with new games and systems thesedays . Have you ruled all of these out already?

I'm hoping it's a bug for the platinum trophy and all future DLC free from your race :lol: . But i'm guessing you've found a new tyre bug?

I can tell that my mate's PS4 with Pcars is a mortal enemy :lol: less than 6 months old ( not many hours as it was played mainly on weekend + afterwork, about 10-15 hours a week ) PS4 when started Pcars, and it crashed randomly all the time up to about once every 2 hours, it could be anywhere, menu, track, pits, race etc. Disc based, tried reinstall, new save and do all the updates and still no fix :( It plays Witcher 3 and many other games without a hitch if anyone thinks the PS4 is a dud. Anyway, the crashing issues is there, some experience it, some don't, just like the invisible walls/exploding cars. I experienced it when I borrowed the console and PCars, managed about 4 hours play in total with at least 1 crash, checked the disc, it was in pristine condition, as I'm a bit of OCD :lol:, I had a special fan that I used on PS3 and PS4 was raised to give best possible ventilation and cooling, it was no use, the fans seems to be fine too.

I can tell that my mate's PS4 with Pcars is a mortal enemy :lol: less than 6 months old ( not many hours as it was played mainly on weekend + afterwork, about 10-15 hours a week ) PS4 when started Pcars, and it crashed randomly all the time up to about once every 2 hours, it could be anywhere, menu, track, pits, race etc. Disc based, tried reinstall, new save and do all the updates and still no fix :( It plays Witcher 3 and many other games without a hitch if anyone thinks the PS4 is a dud. Anyway, the crashing issues is there, some experience it, some don't, just like the invisible walls/exploding cars. I experienced it when I borrowed the console and PCars, managed about 4 hours play in total with at least 1 crash, checked the disc, it was in pristine condition, as I'm a bit of OCD :lol:, I had a special fan that I used on PS3 and PS4 was raised to give best possible ventilation and cooling, it was no use, the fans seems to be fine too.
That's got to suck for your friend, I have a launch day PS4 and I have only had one crash with it after 70+ hours.

Disc version for me.

Thrustmaster T100 wheel (Basic but good little wheel!)

Got PS4 at end of February 2015 and hardly played it til PCARS came out on 7th May, i've had maybe 2 crashes on it in that time. I haven't had any problems with the other games or apps on the machine...A funny one this....

Going to PS4 main menu while playing Pcars .
Landmines on and offline
Invisibly walls on and offline
Loosing control over the car on and offline
Qualifying strategie pitsetup not possibly to put more than 2.0 tyres presser .
Stuttering while replay
stuttering while online and someone comes in
And we could go on and on and on and on

But ...... must say like it is , when there are no issue iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii love to play the bitch .

My game never crashed on ps4 and lost FFB on my T300GTE only once, are you sure your ps4 is fine? Wheel firmware is updated? Do you plug and unplug it only with console turned off as written in thrustmnaster guide?
I've done 542 races by now.

The crashes i'm pretty sure are console related.

I haven't had a crash for a while but have had a few with this game in the past. Pretty sure no other game has made my PS4 crash (i have about a dozen games). My biggest irritation is expecting my T300 to veer off to the side as the grid loads, or loss of FFB for more than one race in a row. Restarting races is a real killer, and creates a big problem for me as the above issues pop up more often than not when i do. I don't get it. I don't get how SMS can't sort the wheel problems out, they don't seem that rare from what i've read.

So my 3 recurring bugs are wheel veering (to 10 o'clock), loss of FFB and loss of engine audio.

140 hours for me and I've experienced most bugs and it's crashed many times (PS4).

Regarding 3.0, i've only played a couple of hours since release of the patch but i have noticed that when adjusting the fuel load it does not always convert it to expected laps. e.g. i will have 30 litres of fuel, and then below in smaller font it says "30l" again, as opposed to saying "fuel will last for approx 11.5 laps".

It's only a small thing in comparison to what the OP has experienced, but it does make me question whether SMS bother to thoroughly test these new features/fixes prior to releasing the patch, and we have seen this with each patch.

* Disc version for me.
* DS4 only
* 140+ hours
* Have experienced all sorts of bugs, as i've mentioned in the old Pcars bug thread a while ago. Never crashed my system with Pcars.
* PS4 is only 2 months old.

Could the crashes be wheel related, age of your PS4, any buildup on the blu ray, disc fully clean with no scratches etc, faulty Pcars install file, does it crash if you only try the DS4? Etc. Loads of variables with new games and systems thesedays . Have you ruled all of these out already?

I'm hoping it's a bug for the platinum trophy and all future DLC free from your race :lol: . But i'm guessing you've found a new tyre bug?

The PS4 does not crash only the game. It returns to the XMB screen and sends Sony a bug report (with video). It doesn't matter wether it is wheel or DS4.

No other game, on any system has ever crashed as often as this :-( That includes PC back to DOS 5, PS1/3/4.

My game never crashed on ps4 and lost FFB on my T300GTE only once, are you sure your ps4 is fine? Wheel firmware is updated? Do you plug and unplug it only with console turned off as written in thrustmnaster guide?
I've done 542 races by now.

The crashes i'm pretty sure are console related.

Losing FFB I only unplug/re-plug USB from wheel and it is fixed instantly. All firmware is up to date.

BTW I have done over 1,600 races (won over 700).

Last edited by a moderator:
It is (still, it seems - I only got it 3 days ago and briefly tried it on both v1.0 and v2.0 before updating) an hilariously buggy game, but unlike games from - to pluck a random example - Bethesda, I've never had it crash to XMB or shut the console down.

It is (still, it seems - I only got it 3 days ago and briefly tried it on both v1.0 and v2.0 before updating) an hilariously buggy game, but unlike games from - to pluck a random example - Bethesda, I've never had it crash to XMB or shut the console down.

Even SMS said they addressed the issue (in 1.5 or 2.0) that caused crashing when trying to access your tuning garage. Alas, the issue is still alive and well :-( That is what caused my first crash at approximately 60secs after installing 3.0, I tried to access my garage settings.

Also (as I reported) try the Ruapuna Audi challenge and try and swap to wets in a pit stop. The first several times I did it, it alternated between Race Hards and Race Mediums. I ended up having to start, in the dry, on wets. It was the only way to get the tyres.

Also if you drive long enough you will encounter the invisible solid wall in the middle of the track that just instantly destroys you car. That one is hilarious, although, I have not (yet?) seen it after 3.0.

So unfortunately I will be returning to GT6 and have notified all my friends that were waiting for this game to get sorted to not bother. It is still months (years?) away from being an acceptable, playable game.

To quote another GTPlanet poster "Somewhere buried in here is a really good game."

Preview.jpg

Man, 260 hours with a controller?! That's some serious dedication for pcars. I play pcars on PC with a CSW v2 and enjoy it most of the time but its hard to take pcars to seriously considering some very basic bugs that seem hard to squash... In this case it makes me wonder what bugs are deeper in the system... But I still play it more than other games atm.

But Forza and GT6? I prefer the controller and my lazy butt on the couch.

its hard to take pcars to seriously considering some very basic bugs that seem hard to squash...
Quite so.

I'm in the middle of my second season, having gone from Tier 8 shifter karts to Tier 7 superkarts (though oddly it's May and I haven't driven one of them yet). I've not lost a race yet, but the Driver Profile says I've entered 6 more races than I've won... I repeatedly don't get bonus points for pole or race fastest lap despite them being in the series/event regulations. I've seen a few other little weird niggles, like my car suddenly appearing on the grid at the race start overview and bouncing on the spot briefly (seems to only have happened with the BMW 1 Series) and the fact that the game's in-game fans and team staff can't cope with the concept of you winning 4 or more races in a row and keep praising you on your three-in-a-row...

Now, I'll point out for clarity that I'm playing with the pad on the middle settings at default - so auto gears, AI set to 50, the whole 'average gamer' schmear - but the AI are absolutely imbecilic. They're not slow per se, but they are pig-ignorant and prone to absolutely ludicrous, wild manouevres after getting within a pixel of you - you simply cannot correct a line in the middle of a corner like they do. AND WHY IS THE GAME SO DAMN LOUD?! I LITERALLY CAN'T TELL WHAT I'M DRIVING BECAUSE ALL OF THE ENGINE SOUNDS ARE JUST A WALL OF NOISE AND WHEN YOU'RE DRIVING ON KART TRACKS THE AI SOUND LIKE THEY'RE RIGHT NEXT TO YOU WHEN YOU HAVE A 30 SECOND LEAD - though some of the opponent cars do sound very nice indeed (Atom 300 particularly). That's not a bug though. Probably.

I'll keep plugging at it and hope that I can get a wheel to give it a proper stretch, but for now to me this is just another arcade racing game (Project JAARG? :lol: ) to stack in the pile with Driveclub, NFS and so on.

New lap indication under the fuel is totally wrong
I'm at the moment racing on Sakitto with the GT4 Ginetta55 .

So lets count a bit .

If I put my Kalashnikov machiiiiiiiiiiiine full with 95 Litre fuel , below under the fuel is mention I could do 32.6 laps .
I did for a test 15 full laps and used 34 Litre so I had 61L over .

So ......action lets count .

15L = 34L
Lets do another
15L = 34L
Not enough more please
Still = 27L over to have 95L
12L
= 27L
So ...... instead of 32.6 laps ( that is what they propose ) you can do 42laps average with 95L :rolleyes:

Yes OOOOOOooooooooooooooo k

Last edited:
Quite so.

I'm in the middle of my second season, having gone from Tier 8 shifter karts to Tier 7 superkarts (though oddly it's May and I haven't driven one of them yet). I've not lost a race yet, but the Driver Profile says I've entered 6 more races than I've won... I repeatedly don't get bonus points for pole or race fastest lap despite them being in the series/event regulations. I've seen a few other little weird niggles, like my car suddenly appearing on the grid at the race start overview and bouncing on the spot briefly (seems to only have happened with the BMW 1 Series) and the fact that the game's in-game fans and team staff can't cope with the concept of you winning 4 or more races in a row and keep praising you on your three-in-a-row...

Now, I'll point out for clarity that I'm playing with the pad on the middle settings at default - so auto gears, AI set to 50, the whole 'average gamer' schmear - but the AI are absolutely imbecilic. They're not slow per se, but they are pig-ignorant and prone to absolutely ludicrous, wild manouevres after getting within a pixel of you - you simply cannot correct a line in the middle of a corner like they do. AND WHY IS THE GAME SO DAMN LOUD?! I LITERALLY CAN'T TELL WHAT I'M DRIVING BECAUSE ALL OF THE ENGINE SOUNDS ARE JUST A WALL OF NOISE AND WHEN YOU'RE DRIVING ON KART TRACKS THE AI SOUND LIKE THEY'RE RIGHT NEXT TO YOU WHEN YOU HAVE A 30 SECOND LEAD - though some of the opponent cars do sound very nice indeed (Atom 300 particularly). That's not a bug though. Probably.

I'll keep plugging at it and hope that I can get a wheel to give it a proper stretch, but for now to me this is just another arcade racing game (Project JAARG? :lol: ) to stack in the pile with Driveclub, NFS and so on.

Yep ;-) That pretty well sums up what I get too.

The game counts practice sessions as races. Add your practice sessions up with races entered and that will be the figure you are getting. And don't forget any races you re-ran.

Further to your observations, the AI ignore track limits, will cut corners to overtake you on the grass, pull off of a straight to overtake you on the grass, will deliberately swerve in front of you to block overtaking (even when being lapped) and are super fast in the wet, on slicks! When you cannot drive and are literally doing Doughnuts on your tyres they are happily pulling away at sometimes better than their dry qualifying times.

I have just finished my 45th season and are 2 races away from finishing the whole career but the last few are bugged and locked so I can't get access to them. Yes, I know, I am a glutton for punishment but I wanted my PS Platinum trophy ;-)

Not saying I had no bugs at all, but very few.
- PS4 with ONLY pCars
- disc version
- T500RS
- 350 hrs, 4 th season, racing all they throw at me, including full 24/25 hr races and not scaling them down in time.

Never crashed...

Stiil a mystery to me how you are in season 45 allready ...:confused:

Last edited:
Back