Patch 3.0 Still Buggy :-(

• Thread starter TT92
  • 460 comments
Further to your observations, the AI ignore track limits, will cut corners to overtake you on the grass, pull off of a straight to overtake you on the grass, will deliberately swerve in front of you to block overtaking (even when being lapped) and are super fast in the wet, on slicks! When you cannot drive and are literally doing Doughnuts on your tyres they are happily pulling away at sometimes better than their dry qualifying times.
Quite odd that you have this. I've seen less and less of these occurrences after patch 2.0. (I'm on 3.0 now.) AI performance in the rain is clearly slower. I have not lost a single track position to AI in the rain since patches. AI has returned to track behind me 90% of the time they go off track.

Quite so.

I'm in the middle of my second season, having gone from Tier 8 shifter karts to Tier 7 superkarts (though oddly it's May and I haven't driven one of them yet). I've not lost a race yet, but the Driver Profile says I've entered 6 more races than I've won... I repeatedly don't get bonus points for pole or race fastest lap despite them being in the series/event regulations. I've seen a few other little weird niggles, like my car suddenly appearing on the grid at the race start overview and bouncing on the spot briefly (seems to only have happened with the BMW 1 Series) and the fact that the game's in-game fans and team staff can't cope with the concept of you winning 4 or more races in a row and keep praising you on your three-in-a-row...

Now, I'll point out for clarity that I'm playing with the pad on the middle settings at default - so auto gears, AI set to 50, the whole 'average gamer' schmear - but the AI are absolutely imbecilic. They're not slow per se, but they are pig-ignorant and prone to absolutely ludicrous, wild manouevres after getting within a pixel of you - you simply cannot correct a line in the middle of a corner like they do. AND WHY IS THE GAME SO DAMN LOUD?! I LITERALLY CAN'T TELL WHAT I'M DRIVING BECAUSE ALL OF THE ENGINE SOUNDS ARE JUST A WALL OF NOISE AND WHEN YOU'RE DRIVING ON KART TRACKS THE AI SOUND LIKE THEY'RE RIGHT NEXT TO YOU WHEN YOU HAVE A 30 SECOND LEAD - though some of the opponent cars do sound very nice indeed (Atom 300 particularly). That's not a bug though. Probably.

I'll keep plugging at it and hope that I can get a wheel to give it a proper stretch, but for now to me this is just another arcade racing game (Project JAARG? :lol: ) to stack in the pile with Driveclub, NFS and so on.
Plays with a pad, with auto gears and AI set to 50, calls game 'arcade'...
Better turn aids off, play with a wheel and set the AI to something respectable before judging the game ;)

Quite odd that you have this. I've seen less and less of these occurrences after patch 2.0. (I'm on 3.0 now.) AI performance in the rain is clearly slower. I have not lost a single track position to AI in the rain since patches. AI has returned to track behind me 90% of the time they go off track.
I second that.
Though their rain driving ability changes from race to race.

Input device, auto shifter and AI level should be irrelevant when it comes to judging a game as arcade ...... what defines arcade ?

I can play Daytona USA arcade cabinet with a wheel, shifter on AT and AI on easy .. or on MT and AI on very hard with grip loss ....

Input device, auto shifter and AI level should be irrelevant when it comes to judging a game as arcade ...... what defines arcade ?
I guess simplified physics. Using a pad on standard settings won't give you as much input as you would get with a wheel. He just gives me the impression he didn't really bother with the game yet he jokingly classifies it on the same level as NFS.

I mean come on... NFS? Even comparing it to driveclub sounds ridiculous.

even after 3.0 is very buggy, today it even crashed PS4 (PS4 restarted) ... I have hate/love relationship with pCars, driving itself and FFB is very good, but everything else is bugged as hell

I guess simplified physics. Using a pad on standard settings won't give you as much input as you would get with a wheel. He just gives me the impression he didn't really bother with the game yet he jokingly classifies it on the same level as NFS.

I mean come on... NFS? Even comparing it to driveclub sounds ridiculous.

No, input device do not alter the physics in any way. The car, suspension, tires are still running on same physics engine, and pad do not have less input than wheel. Both have same range of input value, both can brake - gas and steer at 100% value. The only thing that wheel get, that pad don't have is the FFB.
I have played Pcars on DS4 with zero assist ( no brake assist either ) and it does not hinder me from driving + experience the physics at play.

For game comparison, I leave that to @Famine to explain his view :)

No, input device do not alter the physics in any way.
It might however change how you perceive the physics, especially if your input device is not dialed in properly (there's a lot of sliders for the pad too). And having no FFB also means losing some of the available feedback.

In any case, this is only one of the reasons i can't take the 'arcade' comparison of Famine seriously.

To those people who say "they have not experienced any bugs on PS4":

* Is it the disc version or download version?

* What wheel (if any) do you use?

* How many hours played on PCARs

I use a Thrustmaster T300, I have the Disc version and about 260 hours.

Also do an endurance race that requires a pit stop and try an change to wet tyres! See what you get ;-)

I also have not had one issue with any other PS4 game or app.

Have you ever deleted your P.Cars profile on the PS4?

Like I said in a previous post I always do with mine because I noticed a while back everytime we get an update things would get fubar in the game. I did deleted my profile again with ver.3 and did a few race yesterday and today will do more with rain to see if they fix the tires fiasco.
Hopefully I can keep my profile for the next patch. Sorry you are having all those problem.

Plays with a pad, with auto gears and AI set to 50, calls game 'arcade'...
Better turn aids off, play with a wheel and set the AI to something respectable before judging the game ;)
Apparently you didn't bother reading the post you quoted:
I'll keep plugging at it and hope that I can get a wheel to give it a proper stretch, but for now to me this is just another arcade racing game (Project JAARG? :lol: ) to stack in the pile with Driveclub, NFS and so on.
Do you also think I accidentally mentioned the fact I'm using a pad and default average game settings, or do you think I included it as a caveat?

Didn't mention anything about the physics, for reference - just that the AI are morons, the engines are too loud to be discernable and there's some very stupid, obvious bugs in there. Not sure how the controller type or driving assists affects any of that.

Perhaps, I don't know, read the post so you can find out how much I bothered with it and why I'm saying what I said?

Radical concept, I know.

Well if that wasn't your definite conclusion, i'd like to hear your final one once you do get everything set up properly.

Apparently you didn't bother reading the post you quoted:Do you also think I accidentally mentioned the fact I'm using a pad and default average game settings, or do you think I included it as a caveat?

Didn't mention anything about the physics, for reference - just that the AI are morons, the engines are too loud to be discernable and there's some very stupid, obvious bugs in there. Not sure how the controller type or driving assists affects any of that.
Perhaps, I don't know, read the post so you can find out how much I bothered with it and why I'm saying what I said?

Radical concept, I know.
Quite so.

I'm in the middle of my second season, having gone from Tier 8 shifter karts to Tier 7 superkarts (though oddly it's May and I haven't driven one of them yet). I've not lost a race yet, but the Driver Profile says I've entered 6 more races than I've won... I repeatedly don't get bonus points for pole or race fastest lap despite them being in the series/event regulations. I've seen a few other little weird niggles, like my car suddenly appearing on the grid at the race start overview and bouncing on the spot briefly (seems to only have happened with the BMW 1 Series) and the fact that the game's in-game fans and team staff can't cope with the concept of you winning 4 or more races in a row and keep praising you on your three-in-a-row...

Now, I'll point out for clarity that I'm playing with the pad on the middle settings at default - so auto gears, AI set to 50, the whole 'average gamer' schmear - but the AI are absolutely imbecilic. They're not slow per se, but they are pig-ignorant and prone to absolutely ludicrous, wild manouevres after getting within a pixel of you - you simply cannot correct a line in the middle of a corner like they do. AND WHY IS THE GAME SO DAMN LOUD?! I LITERALLY CAN'T TELL WHAT I'M DRIVING BECAUSE ALL OF THE ENGINE SOUNDS ARE JUST A WALL OF NOISE AND WHEN YOU'RE DRIVING ON KART TRACKS THE AI SOUND LIKE THEY'RE RIGHT NEXT TO YOU WHEN YOU HAVE A 30 SECOND LEAD - though some of the opponent cars do sound very nice indeed (Atom 300 particularly). That's not a bug though. Probably.

I read your comment, but I am curious on if you consider GT6 a sim along with Asseto Corsa.
I will admit the game has some flaws (like all games for that matter) but SMS is slowly fixing and improving the game :)

Last edited:
Quite so.

Yeah, I just commented on AI at the main forum. They increases situational awareness and this can generate odd results when your aggressive.

The miss counted races are due to practice and qualifying being counted as races in your profile (and losses to boot!).

I think the volumes in engine is a coverup for poor 5.1 surround support. I do hope this changes with a fix.

I get the bouncing with wheel and have to hold it tight to avoid a miss start. It's very odd.

All this stuff should have been easily fixed... Minus AI, the only real fix there is all AI being a separate brain... That's never going to happen.

I read your comment, but I am curious on if you consider GT6 a sim along with Asseto Corsa.
I've never played AC, so I can't comment.
I will admit the game has some flaws (like all games for that matter) but SMS is slowly fixing and improving the game :)
It has a lot of them. I've not encountered anything game-breaking yet - though others have - but the really daft things that any amount of playtesting would have revealed. As mentioned, I'm plodding through on "average gamer settings" (which by definition will be the settings that the average gamer uses) and I've seen so many things in three days on the third major version of the game that a professional playtester would have picked up. There's loads of things they've tried to do with it and either left in a "that'll do" state or not tested properly.

I don't think that it is an improvement over anything else available at the moment. The career mode is a good USP, but it seems to have been implemented poorly. As I mentioned, it's something no-one else has really tried - but again, a bit of playtesting would have ironed out the flaws. I like the fact that you can race anything (except DLC) from the start. In all other departments, the other 'simcades' like GT6 and FM5 have it soundly beaten.

The miss counted races are due to practice and qualifying being counted as races in your profile (and losses to boot!).
One assumes they count as losses if you skip them altogether? I only remember not topping the time sheets in two practice sessions - one of which I did a 1st place lap in the first 2 laps by 5s then simulated the rest of the session and was mysteriously beaten at the death by a car that ran 5s slower in a real-time only qualifying session and I lapped in the race...

one of which I did a 1st place lap in the first 2 laps by 5s then simulated the rest of the session and was mysteriously beaten at the death by a car that ran 5s slower in a real-time only qualifying session and I lapped in the race...
This has always happened in Simbin/SMS games from GTR/GTR2 through Race and now into PC. As soon as you simulate a session, made up AI times faster than you always appear pushing you to the back.

This has always happened in Simbin/SMS games from GTR/GTR2 through Race and now into PC. As soon as you simulate a session, made up AI times faster than you always appear pushing you to the back.
Are they reusing coding?

was this not changed after Patch 3 ?

I think the volumes in engine is a coverup for poor 5.1 surround support. I do hope this changes with a fix.
There is a whole topic about that on the main forum.
As for me: I have Logitech Z906 installed with optical to my PS4 and my 5.1 sound is really good, front/rear as well as left/right and SW too.
My guess is that most people are missing in their connections.

I'm glad you said that, because I thought I was imagining it.
There is a whole topic about that on the main forum.
As for me: I have Logitech Z906 installed with optical to my PS4 and my 5.1 sound is really good, front/rear as well as left/right and SW too.
My guess is that most people are missing in their connections.
I have to play with headphones so I don't wake my children up.

I've just had a chat with some other PCARS players and the ones not running 5.1 systems say it's an awful wall of noise and the one with a 5.1 system says it's great. Referring back to my "average gamer settings" comment, I don't think that the average gamer has a 5.1 system attached to their PS4, so for it to be an awful wall of noise for the average gamer is poor design and - again - seriously lacking playtesting.

Yeah the sound is not great. On top of the crackling/distorted engine noises on some cars (SP/300, I'm looking at you) there's almost no separation when using surround sound. I don't feel like I'm in a pack, the whole audio is a bit flat really. In stereo it's acceptable I suppose, but this is 2015, folks.

I'm glad you said that, because I thought I was imagining it.
IIRC it tended to happen if you were at a track that was added on, or if you were using a mod. To be fair, it tended not to happen if you were using default cars and tracks (which all of PC is ATM).

I like the fact that you can race anything (except DLC) from the start. In all other departments, the other 'simcades' like GT6 and FM5 have it soundly beaten.
Definitely not in the dynamic weather, physics, tuning and track departments. But to each their own I guess. QA you're right about IMO (and you didn't even mention regression, like some of the controller issues).

I have to play with headphones so I don't wake my children up.

I've just had a chat with some other PCARS players and the ones not running 5.1 systems say it's an awful wall of noise and the one with a 5.1 system says it's great.
I've got the PC hooked up to my Denon Receiver + 5.1 HK speakers and while some cars are great, particularly the race cars are a LOT louder than others. I have to turn the volume down to half of what it's normally at when racing those in the evenings or the rumble from the sub can be heard all the way up the third floor. (Never mind the kids, the mrs. wrath is worse :D) When playing on my laptop (stereo) it's less of an issue. I like AC's sounds better (more coherent and smooth), but would pick both over GT any day (though some of the newer cars in GT6 are certainly promising).

As for AC, it is coming to PS4 in 2016, so something to look forward to methinks. :)

Last edited:
Definitely not in the dynamic weather, physics, tuning and track departments. But to each their own I guess. QA you're right about IMO (and you didn't even mention regression)
... and graphics, AI, cockpit view, FFB, ...

The only thing where GT is better (for now) are replays and maybe photo mode (don't really use that a lot), but in all other departments, GT is not even close...

EDIT: I should mention that I don't race MP.

Last edited:
Back