Patience poll

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 212 comments

How much patience do you have left for an update?

• 0 - no patience remaining.

Votes: 155 28.7%

Votes: 80 14.8%

Votes: 64 11.9%

Votes: 64 11.9%

Votes: 58 10.7%
  • 5 - I don't care when the next update is released.

Votes: 119 22.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
7e3gk.jpg

Don't care. Burnout Paradise is too much fun and thanks to my Bimmer M4 I got the money for it.

They did come with all their features on the disc though.
Lots and lots of them were shorter and had less stuff than GT6.

Nowadays there's an issue with so many players/gamers being really hard to please.

I'll give it a 5. PD is known for delaying stuff because they're preparing something larger for it.

Nowadays there's an issue with so many players/gamers being really hard to please.

That is not the reference, though. The reference are the advertised features.

I guess that I don't care anymore. I moved on to different things, haven't touched the game in more than a month and doesn't seem like it's going to change any time soon.

Also because Burnout Paradise is staving me off until the update is out.

I guess that I don't care anymore. I moved on to different things, haven't touched the game in more than a month and doesn't seem like it's going to change any time soon.
Ignoring the online mode?

I suppose we'll know for sure on Tuesday. Seems a bit of a risk to make an announcement about something if it's actually nothing.

Actually we'll know more Monday as the maintenance is 24 hours ahead of the regular one. For some in North/South America/Hawaii/Galapagos Islands ;) the update will finish Sunday.

4 - I'm being kept busy by my Uni stuff, so I don't have much time for gaming anyway. Although I AM excited every time an update is out (at least when it brings new stuff or fixes major problems).

You mean the mode with a myriad of problems/bugs and lacking basic features? Yeah, totally. Not touching that again at its current state.
It has problems yes, but its totally playable. All you need is a decent connection and no wireless (you need the ethernet cable) and you can have endless fun with the inmense combination of race configurations.
Ignoring it is a complete error.

I picked 5. PD can take as long as they want as far as I'm concerned. They're just giving me another reason not to buy GT7.

It has problems yes, but its totally playable. All you need is a decent connection and no wireless (you need the ethernet cable) and you can have endless fun with the inmense combination of race configurations.

Hahahaha, again it is the player's error for not liking the game. That is rich...

I went with 4. Quite frustrated at the complete absence of communication, but I've got other games to play on both PS3 and PS4 to keep me occupied as well as competing in racing series on GTP.

I voted for 0. I want the stuff that I was promised when I bought the game for 80 EURO. Not in a week, not in a day, I want it NOW. I think we've been patient enough.

I don't like searching through lobbies for 30 minutes because I might stumbe upon something decent at some point (that will most likely get ruined by people leaving/joining/host changing settings/one of the frequent bugs). I've tried on multiple occassions and it's only been a waste of time and effort. I'd rather do something else where having fun is less of a gamble.

Hahahaha, again it is the player's error for not liking the game. That is rich...
One thing is liking/disliking the game, and another is labeling the online mode as "useless" which clearly isn't.
I don't like searching through lobbies for 30 minutes because I might stumbe upon something decent at some point (that will most likely get ruined by people leaving/joining/host changing settings/one of the frequent bugs). I've tried on multiple occassions and it's only been a waste of time and effort. I'd rather do something else where having fun is less of a gamble.
I usually dont need more than 2-3 minutes to find a good one.

Humans are devolving. While our thumbs are becoming more dextrous from smart phone usage, we are also getting fatter and our brains aren't working as hard. Impatience is a side effect of that.
You're missing the forest for the trees. What you're witnessing is the evolution of the consumer/manufacturer relationship. The internet has allowed instant feedback on consumer satisfaction, and any company will ignore it at their own peril. Not all the feedback is good, but anyone wishing to continue to prosper in the future had best find a way to decipher all the noise to get to the music.

One thing is liking/disliking the game, and another is labeling the online mode as "useless" which clearly isn't.

I usually dont need more than 2-3 minutes to find a good one.
I agree it's not useless. But it's also not user friendly and not glitch free. Can you invite a friend to play with you? Can you search for a lobby with even a couple of parameters like tires and PP? Matchmaking?

A lot of work needs to be done to make online more attractive to casual players.

I agree it's not useless. But it's also not user friendly and not glitch free. Can you invite a friend to play with you? Can you search for a lobby with even a couple of parameters like tires and PP? Matchmaking?

A lot of work needs to be done to make online more attractive to casual players.
Invite a friend to play? Of course. In GT6 you can now find the rooms with your PSN friends.
Not glitch free? Agree, but glitches dont happen that often.
Not user friendly? Meh... Its not complicated. I think the problem is that players dont want to learn anything, they want everything to be extremely easy and extremely simple... Sometimes you need a little bit of time to learn how things work.

Like so many other things, technology has advanced and PD has failed to keep up. You couldn't apply this logic to, lets say, refrigerators or cars for something more complex. Just because older fridges or cars had less stuff in them doesn't mean the newer models are advertised with all the new things they come with, but are sold without them and tell their consumers "the rest will come later, but we're not going to tell you how long you will have to wait to get them."

This is purely failure on PD's part to be a respectable developer who is faithful to their (once) loyal fanbase.

Like so many other things, technology has advanced and PD has failed to keep up. You couldn't apply this logic to, lets say, refrigerators or cars for something more complex. Just because older fridges or cars had less stuff in them doesn't mean the newer models are advertised with all the new things they come with, but are sold without them and tell their consumers "the rest will come later, but we're not going to tell you how long you will have to wait to get them."

This is purely failure on PD's part to be a respectable developer who is faithful to their (once) loyal fanbase.
Bad analogies are awesome.

I voted the don't care option, I bought GT6 without reading into any of the features it was supposed to offer simply because I've had an amazing experience with all of the previous games, I was just expecting more of the same with some new cars, tracks and possibly a physics update. As far as I see it everything they're adding in updates is a bonus and just makes the game that much better, if I'd have read into all the features which were supposedly meant to be in the game then I'd probably feel a little different but I'd still be satisfied with the product.

I'd rather they spend the time they need to make sure the update is all working correctly than releasing an update full of bugs, it would be nice if they communicated with us some more but as it is I'll just be pleasantly surprised when the update arrives.

"I know we've only known each other four weeks and three days, but to me it seems like nine weeks and five days. The first day seemed like a week and the second day seemed like five days and the third day seemed like a week again and the fourth day seemed like eight days and the fifth day you went to see your mother and that seemed just like a day and then you came back and later on the sixth day, in then evening, when we saw each other, that started seeming like two days, so in the evening it seemed like two days spilling over into the next day and that started seeming like four days, so at the end of the sixth day on into the seventh day, it seemed like a total of five days. And the sixth day seemed like a week and a half. I have it written down, but I can show it to you tomorrow if you want to see it."

You broke my brain. Can I report you for that? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back