Patience poll

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 212 comments

How much patience do you have left for an update?

• 0 - no patience remaining.

Votes: 155 28.7%

Votes: 80 14.8%

Votes: 64 11.9%

Votes: 64 11.9%

Votes: 58 10.7%
  • 5 - I don't care when the next update is released.

Votes: 119 22.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Driver rating and ranking system go hand in hand. The common misconception people like you have is that in an effort to win people wil just crash their way to the front. The driver rating prevents that. The more you crash the lower your rating. Add in driver rating to the lobby restrictions and then you don't have to race with anyone who crashes and bashes to the front. Problem solved. This isn't Call of Duty, its a relatively simple thing to control.
I don't agree with a computer based judging system at all. We all know how great the AI is at driving, we should let it judge us?

I leave it up to my friends.

I normally don't qualify so I start at the rear of the pack. I don't see most of what happens up front.

I encourage my friends to rat out dirty drivers, I even ask "do I need to kick someone?" after I drive through a bunch of smoke and crashed cars.

This seems to work well for me and those that like to race in my room.

Let's see here... Just for summary;

December - 2 large updates and community. It was also fair to assume other coming soon features might happen as well.

A couple small patches and 2 cars, one VGT and an M4.

Hmm so there were 2 updates that were over a gig in size, if those do not count as large then I wonder what you were expecting? There was also a 3rd 4th and 5th car [Hudson, Red Bull Kart and Red Bull Jr] and several small patches on top of the two large ones.

Community features were expected in Jan and I would say that it was not fair to assume any of the other features would come before Jan as the Community seemed like it would be the first and I think they actually stated it would come after the 1st of the year though not how long after

Hmm so there were 2 updates that were over a gig in size, if those do not count as large then I wonder what you were expecting? There was also a 3rd 4th and 5th car [Hudson, Red Bull Kart and Red Bull Jr] and several small patches on top of the two large ones.

Community features were expected in Jan and I would say that it was not fair to assume any of the other features would come before Jan as the Community seemed like it would be the first and I think they actually stated it would come after the 1st of the year though not how long after
So I missed a few items, I suppose that highlights the value in comparison to the true marketing expectation...

If i order a stake, but instead get chicken... With no explanation, I'm not going to be amused.

The patches could have been 20 gig... That still didn't add up to anything... Bug fixes are flaws, not enhancements.

After this much time we should be well beyond community features so its fair game at this point... No?

Fact - thread is about patience. Only the 0's have no patience

0 < 1+2+3+4+5

Whatever you say, buddy. Because if there is a line to be drawn it would surely be between 0 and 1. All the people that voted 1 and 2 are definitely happy and never complained in a thread, not.

I know you would die for PD, but you've gotta face the facts. The small vocal minority is that of the people that are completely happy. And that is the 22% of vote 5.

Not to mention a lot of people voted 5 as new low of -1.

0 is the highest voted situation and you still try to diminish the numbers of the extremely unhappy. Le sigh...

Why should I care how big the updates were? For all I care some of the ninja updates were much more welcome than vettel challenges and concept toyotas.

The fact some cars were added soon after release only highlights the fact they weren't ready with the game upon going gold.

Some people are happy with 10 year old game design..obviously you are. Obviously most people aren't because online is pretty barren.
Drop it. The guy is satisfied with sim driving with a controller... Explaining the virtues of modern computer age to him will be in vain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever you say, buddy. Because if there is a line to be drawn it would surely be between 0 and 1. All the people that voted 1 and 2 are definitely happy and never complained in a thread, not.

I know you would die for PD, but you've gotta face the facts. The small vocal minority is that of the people that are completely happy. And that is the 22% of vote 5.

Not to mention a lot of people voted 5 as new low of -1.

0 is the highest voted situation and you still try to diminish the numbers of the extremely unhappy. Le sigh...

Patience, or no patience. You can't be half patient. Or quarter patient, or one fifth patient.

Drop it. The guy is satisfied with sim driving with a controller... Explaining the virtues of modern computer age to him will be in vain.

I can see you have sufficient expertise in many, many different areas (excluding patience and statistics).

So can you explain to the rest of us how triple posting falls inside the virtues of modern computer age?

Last edited:
So I missed a few items, I suppose that highlights the value in comparison to the true marketing expectation...

If i order a stake, but instead get chicken... With no explanation, I'm not going to be amused.

The patches could have been 20 gig... That still didn't add up to anything... Bug fixes are flaws, not enhancements.

After this much time we should be well beyond community features so its fair game at this point... No?
The point is that you said we got a couple of small updates rather than large ones. We actually got 2 large updates just like they said we would and we also got some small ones. Both updates contained additional events as well as some bug fixes and both included at least 1 car. Your post made it sound like we only got the 2 cars and the ninja patches which is simply false.

From the info that was released/posted prior to the game release I expected to get 2 large updates in Dec and we did get that. They also adjusted the payout on the races which was a welcome change.

I expected to get the community features in an early Jan update which I also expected to be a large update and possibly a second large update in Jan but this did not happen, instead we got a smaller update and the 2md part of the red bull stuff.

It was reasonable to expect the community features in Jan and additional feature(s) in late Jan or Feb followed by additional updates in Mar, Apr, May containing more of the features and fixes.

They dropped the ball in 2014. 2013 was on track.

3, because I know the driving experience will not change after the update and I'm not really expecting the track editor to come out soon.

PD wont be in control of anything. They cant control them. The system will be automatic. Not sure what you mean by organized. Quick match will probably make you join a random room with available space in practice mode, so basically it will save you the time of searching a room and it will send you into a random room... Thats about it.

I'm going off of the assumption that it will be like GT5P, which worked in the way I described. I could be wrong. We'll see.

I don't agree with a computer based judging system at all. We all know how great the AI is at driving, we should let it judge us?

I leave it up to my friends.

I normally don't qualify so I start at the rear of the pack. I don't see most of what happens up front.

I encourage my friends to rat out dirty drivers, I even ask "do I need to kick someone?" after I drive through a bunch of smoke and crashed cars.

This seems to work well for me and those that like to race in my room.
Luckily for most of the rest of us, the game doesn't need to be designed around the preferences of one person. It can quite easily be designed to consider the needs of those that race regularly with the same group and the likely much, much bigger majority that only races casually and infrequently online.

Patience, or no patience. You can't be half patient. Or quarter patient, or one fifth patient.

I can see you have sufficient expertise in many, many different areas (excluding patience and statistics).

So can you explain to the rest of us how triple posting falls inside the virtues of modern computer age?

You really are scraping the bottom to find something to come back with, aren't you?

How come there are FIVE degrees of patience in the vote options,people have identified with each every one of them and you still don't get the concept?
Even if we were to take only the extremes-0 and 5, you still are a part of the minority with 20%.

The point is that you said we got a couple of small updates rather than large ones. We actually got 2 large updates just like they said we would and we also got some small ones. Both updates contained additional events as well as some bug fixes and both included at least 1 car. Your post made it sound like we only got the 2 cars and the ninja patches which is simply false.

From the info that was released/posted prior to the game release I expected to get 2 large updates in Dec and we did get that. They also adjusted the payout on the races which was a welcome change.

I expected to get the community features in an early Jan update which I also expected to be a large update and possibly a second large update in Jan but this did not happen, instead we got a smaller update and the 2md part of the red bull stuff.

It was reasonable to expect the community features in Jan and additional feature(s) in late Jan or Feb followed by additional updates in Mar, Apr, May containing more of the features and fixes.

They dropped the ball in 2014. 2013 was on track.
The bottom line is 3 months after release the have given us not a single promised feature and missed two deadlines. GBs don't matter. Features matter. Promises matter.

Last edited:
I'm in the middle, 3. Sure they promised us said content over the course of the next year, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt here. The only thing I want is bug fixes. The online is a joke. Disconnecting sometimes every 5 minutes, but more typical to get a dc 2-3 times in a night. The voice chat is hit and miss, my friends come through clear on gta5 but here in gt6 world its every other word.

Fix the bugs first, then add bs content everyone will whine about. </rant>

I've agreed with most of what you've posted, but how are these two related in any way? The vast majority of GT6 players use a controller. I don't see how there is a correlation between comfy couch/casual gaming, knowledge of technology and it's users. Seems like an insult towards a lot of people in my view.

How come there are FIVE degrees of patience in the vote options,people have identified with each every one of them and you still don't get the concept?
Even if we were to take only the extremes-0 and 5, you still are a part of the minority with 20%.

The bottom line is 3 months after release the have given us not a single promised feature and missed two deadlines. GBs don't matter. Features matter. Promises matter.
There are Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence. Pardon the Dream Theater reference, but there are six choices. ;)

I know that keeping promises matter, but the fact that we haven't seen our Big Update in February means it just isn't ready yet. Do you want even MORE buggy things to complain about, so you'll have an excuse to make a "Does PD suck NOW?" poll?

And I know that the possible push by SONY to have Kaz produce a GT7 game may be the culprit, and a reason to feel betrayed, but we know nothing yet. An update is coming a day early next week, so maybe they are taking us seriously. Let's see what happens.

I am aware that we did not get what we expected in Jan and that we got nothing in Feb. That should have been clear in my previous post.

However related to what I posted the bottom line is that we were told we would get 2 large updates in December and we got 2 large updates in December. We also got a few things we did not know was coming. It wasn't until Jan that we saw the expected update not arrive.

My point was that to say we were promised 2 large updates and only got 2 small updates is simply not true as well as the only got 2 cars part also not true.

Yes I know that every indication was that we would have the community features in an update sometime in Jan and a new track in Feb possibly some other features as well and we have not gotten these yet. That is reason for disappointment but it is not reason to post false information.

Explain it to me then.

I think there are far worse developer situations out there right now and PD's biggest issue is failure to communicate. Look at DICE and Battlefield - they supposedly stopped DLC development to address their game breaking issues like server crashes, save data erased if the game crashes, sound cutting out completely, rubberbanding making online a horrible experience and then there comes the DLC right on schedule and most of there issues still present. Look at Arkham Origins which has game breaking bugs and the developer announced no more patches to fix issues, we are working solely on paid DLC. PD on the other hand are working of fixing issues, working on announced features, adding free content, and paid DLC. Could they do better at communicating, sure. Could they push the updates out quicker? Probably but I also don't have insight into their development process or issues they are running across and I won't pretend to. I actually think it's unfair for a member of the industry to criticize this situation without knowing details, and that's aimed directly @Lawndart
I am very away of battle field, as I worked on a product using Frostbite 2, I know the DICE guys well. Also the Simcity debacle, and we might as well add Rome total war 2 to the list, along with a few others. Sure, some developers stop updating for reasons they won't admit, generally to do with funding.

But in each of those, there was communication. Whether we liked what was communicated or not, and the results, is a different story.

PD will update GT 6 again, I'm certain of that. But most games don't have a lifetime value beyond 3 months... Or rather, after 3 months most of you're users have moved on. How much you communicate and update can reduce that attrition.

And this attrition is what forces publishers to make larger decisions as the minority of players is so small it doesn't really matter how load they get.

GT is what we call an "evergreen" title. One that keeps selling long after release... But more than ever before there are distractions like new consoles, PC games on the rise (happens every console transition), and loads of new games not to mention an 8 year back catalogue of great games... And it's that back catalogue that drives sales of old consoles.

GT 6 has all the hallmarks of an abandoned product... Is it though? No, and this is the only benefit of being an age old studio that has vision ahead of customer expectation.

You know what they say, if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all. Companies follow this religiously. And Japanese companies have a lot of pride... Just admiring fault is shameful. But I speculate this as even I can't find enough logic beyond PD just limping through this cycle intentionally with all their eggs in GT 7's basket.

Those of us that played every GT game thoroughly know GT 6 is not up to par in comparison to any other version, nearly a blight on the franchise.

What does any other developer do when they know they just produced the runt of the litter? Either double down risking financial ruin or simply move on... No communication is the first indication of the later.

How GT5P worked? I never played it.

Prologue's online shut down a few years ago, but from what I remember, it listed pre-made rooms that each had a PP and tire limit. You would enter the rooms and race whoever was in there. It was nothing like GT5's or GT6's online.

Prologue's online shut down a few years ago, but from what I remember, it listed pre-made rooms that each had a PP and tire limit. You would enter the rooms and race whoever was in there. It was nothing like GT5's or GT6's online.
Well, in this case, I dont think this system makes sense, because there are too many PP / tire / weight / power combinations... Unless of course you can also create custom rooms.

I am aware that we did not get what we expected in Jan and that we got nothing in Feb. That should have been clear in my previous post.

However related to what I posted the bottom line is that we were told we would get 2 large updates in December and we got 2 large updates in December. We also got a few things we did not know was coming. It wasn't until Jan that we saw the expected update not arrive.

My point was that to say we were promised 2 large updates and only got 2 small updates is simply not true as well as the only got 2 cars part also not true.

Yes I know that every indication was that we would have the community features in an update sometime in Jan and a new track in Feb possibly some other features as well and we have not gotten these yet. That is reason for disappointment but it is not reason to post false information.
point taken

I've agreed with most of what you've posted, but how are these two related in any way? The vast majority of GT6 players use a controller. I don't see how there is a correlation between comfy couch/casual gaming, knowledge of technology and it's users. Seems like an insult towards a lot of people in my view.
No, my post is a more of a follow-up to another discussion in another thread. Casual gaming is fine. However one can't pretend to be fully experiencing sim driving and thus needing options for fine tuning the experience when using a controller.

Last edited by a moderator:
@snoopybg - Please stop double and triple posting. If no-one has posted anything after you, just edit your previous post. Thanks. 👍

2 - Because I'm not expecting anything major (at least most of what's been promised) till GT5 servers go offline.

You really are scraping the bottom to find something to come back with, aren't you?

You seem to be having difficulty with patience. I'll try and explain it in simpler terms.

Think of patience like a hole. You can't dig half a hole, but you can dig a hole twice the size of another hole.

There can be different size holes, but the fact remains, they are all still holes.

If you keep digging, your hole will just get bigger.

Last edited:
Maybe Kaz and PD have seen what the have to contend with with upcoming games and it took time to step up their game for all the GT6 needs.
a.k.a. OldDriverDan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back