Patience poll

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 212 comments

How much patience do you have left for an update?

• 0 - no patience remaining.

Votes: 155 28.7%

Votes: 80 14.8%

Votes: 64 11.9%

Votes: 64 11.9%

Votes: 58 10.7%
  • 5 - I don't care when the next update is released.

Votes: 119 22.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't played for weeks. When the update comes, I'll jump back on to check things out and if it sucks, I'll stop playing again. To be honest, I've lost most faith in PD. When it comes time to buy my next racing game, I'm guessing I'll give the other ones a hard look and possibly pass on GT7 which sucks cuz I'm a playstation fan.

You seem to be having difficulty with patience. I'll try and explain it in simpler terms.

Think of patience like a hole. You can't dig half a hole, but you can dig a hole twice the size of another hole.

There can be different size holes, but the fact remains, they are all still holes.

If you keep digging, your hole will just get bigger.

Uhm....what? What the hell are you talking about?
And how does that change the fact the super happy people are less than the super unhappy?

Uhm....what? What the hell are you talking about?
Patience can't be quantified; you are either patient or you are impatient. Impatience generally causes irritation, which can be quantified and also leads to stronger negative emotions such as anger.

For example, I am becoming impatient with pointless circular conversations... its beginning to irritate me in fact. When that degree of irritation reaches a certain threshold, I'll probably lock this topic and may also hand out warnings.

Last edited:
Patience can't be quantified; you are either patient or you are impatient. Impatience generally causes irritation, which can be quantified and also leads to stronger negative emotions such as anger.

For example, I am becoming impatient with pointless circular conversations... its beginning to irritate me in fact. When that degree of irritation reaches a certain threshold, I'll probably lock this topic and may also had out warnings.
What are vote options 1,2,3,4 then for? What do they indicate? 49% voted one of those options. Are they patient or impatient?

The poll does not indicate happiness. Perhaps you are confused with a different thread?

Sure, people who voted 0 are really happy with the game. It must be a really nice place the world you live in.

What are vote option 1,2,3,4 then for? What do they indicate?

Options 1 - 4 indicate remaining patience. The OP has not supplied a time scale to reference these against.

Option 1 could be a day/week/month of patience. I'd suggest that each person that has responded would have a different idea/view of the time scale. But they are still being patient.

What are vote option 1,2,3,4 then for? What do they indicate?
Its the OP's interpretation of people's general level of irritation. The fact is says 'patience' doesn't make it an apt use of the term.

The only thing I want to check out is the course maker. I couldn't possibly care less about VGT cars. At this point, I've packed away my wheel and probably wont touch GT6 until the course maker or Senna DLC comes out... which ever comes first.

Options 1 - 4 indicate remaining patience. The OP has not supplied a time scale to reference these against.

Option 1 could be a day/week/month of patience. I'd suggest that each person that has responded would have a different idea/view of the time scale. But they are still being patient.
So patience CAN be measured ?

Its the OP's interpretation of people's general level of irritation. The fact is says 'patience' doesn't make it an apt use of the term.
NO? People were asked a question and they responded. Who are you to say what they meant? If voters felt either fully patient or fully impatient they would've voted 0 and 5 only. The fact almost half of them chose a middle option very strongly indicates they don't feel in either of the extreme situations.

No but the time it takes to lose patience can. I'll give you a clue - about 5 more minutes.
This was not a question to you.

P.S. I've always been fascinated how little power people need to be given before they use it in favor of their own battles.

This was not a question to you.
P.S. I've always been fascinated how little power people need to be given before they use it in favor of their own battles.
FYI I can answer any question I like, same as any member here.

I can also point out when you are being inappropriate, abusive, or off-topic, same as any other member.

Unlike other members, I can edit your posts, or delete them, and/or send you infraction points if its necessary... like the ones I just sent. You can have more if you like or you can have your account suspended, depending on how far you want to go with this.

Your move.

How much time is patient and how much is impatient?
This pointless conversation can be moved to PM if you wish to pursue it further. It will stop in this thread.

FYI I can answer any question I like, same as any member here.

I can also point out when you are being inappropriate, abusive, or off-topic, same as any other member.

Unlike other members, I can edit your posts, or delete them, and/or send you infraction points if its necessary... like the ones I just sent. You can have more if you like or you can have your account suspended, depending on how far you want to go with this.

Your move.
I'm curious did jimipitbull also get an Inappropriate Behavior?

I stopped caring back in mid January in fact I've often just looked at the game wondering if I'll open it up even if an update or DLC comes out that's how bad it's gotten.

Maybe Kaz and PD have seen what the have to contend with with upcoming games and it took time to step up their game for all the GT6 needs.
a.k.a. OldDriverDan
A lot of us are hoping this is the case. While I think Kaz is mostly indifferent to the other racing games out there and ficuses his attention on the real world, I do want him to be bothered by them and the goodies they bring to the table. I keep mentioning Forza as something he should be inspired by, in particular the mod system and especially the Livery Editor. If Race Mod and a Livery Editor showed up in GT6, we would have no shortage of race cars, as well as online racing leagues, and that's one thing Kaz has mentioned he wants to foster in Gran Turismo. Wile Race Mod is less essential to this, a Livery Editor of some kind is almost crucial. So, here's hoping. ;)

As far as taking a clue from Forza, I would much rather GT look into adding the leaderboard system, Online racing options [i.e. multiple filters and ability to add AI drivers to the mix, collisions on/off] and Rivals system than a livery editor.

Livery editor is nice to have but honestly it is pretty far down my list of wants. I would even rather have a way to save tunes to file and share them with friends via an in game gifting system.

Livery editor is nice to have but honestly it is pretty far down my list of wants.
This is true of some. But without a Livery Editor, you have people fighting over the "loaner" race cars, or the colors of the street cars in online clubs and leagues. And those guys want some kind of custom liveries badly. And then there are those of us who want our own virtual cars. Without a Livery Editor, denied.

That snoopybg comes across as a very angry man! I have a vision of alot of smashed keyboards around his room cos people don't agree or have a different opinion to him :P

Anyway on topic, I still have plenty of patience, sure the game needs the features like b spec, community, and course maker, but for me I'm still having fun driving all the cars on the new tracks, so that'll keep me going for a while :D

I've given up caring from any updates or news from PD. When it comes it comes. Till then I've got better things to do.

This is true of some. But without a Livery Editor, you have people fighting over the "loaner" race cars, or the colors of the street cars in online clubs and leagues. And those guys want some kind of custom liveries badly. And then there are those of us who want our own virtual cars. Without a Livery Editor, denied.

I'm not against a livery editor, just not very high on my list right now. I would also like to see a simple livery editor rather than something very elaborate like Forza has. Just the ability to add number plate, some decals and possibly some stripes would be fine with me.

I would however gladly trade that for a good leaderboard system and/or better options for online racing.

You may get your wish in a few hours, I guess we'll see. That early update is almost here...

Anyhow, done with late lunch, really need to have some fun. AARGH, and buy the Assetto Corsa beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back