Payback: Abandoned cars Thread

• Thread starter Jay84
  • 265 comments
Oh and another thing I noticed - Apparently it was a typo in the patch notes about the Mercedes C-class. They evidently meant G-class - the one that's already in the game. So no new car there apparently.
Fair enough. How did you find out?

^^^ Just deductive reasoning... The patch notes mention fixing a bug with the Mansory kit on the C-63, but the G-63 is what we have in the game and it does have a Mansory kit. Before the full list of abandoned cars was released on the NFS wiki, a YouTuber found the code within the game files, and there was no mention of a C-class in either. The game files AND the leaked release list DO show a G-class however... and since there was no marketing or mention of including a new Mercedes (which would logically be as big of a deal as the other DLC cars), then it stands to reason that it was a typo that wasn't caught.

IMO Mercedes is just as much at fault as Ghost is - Why on earth would you have two completely different vehicles in your lineup and call one a C63 and the other a G63? Their nomenclature is just dumb.

^^^ Just deductive reasoning... The patch notes mention fixing a bug with the Mansory kit on the C-63, but the G-63 is what we have in the game and it does have a Mansory kit. Before the full list of abandoned cars was released on the NFS wiki, a YouTuber found the code within the game files, and there was no mention of a C-class in either. The game files AND the leaked release list DO show a G-class however... and since there was no marketing or mention of including a new Mercedes (which would logically be as big of a deal as the other DLC cars), then it stands to reason that it was a typo that wasn't caught.

IMO Mercedes is just as much at fault as Ghost is - Why on earth would you have two completely different vehicles in your lineup and call one a C63 and the other a G63? Their nomenclature is just dumb.
I thought it was pretty logical (generally, not because they're German). Any who :)

Meh, maybe it's the American in me, but I've never liked car manufacturers using letters and numbers to designate a car. You don't get typos like this when you are distinguishing between a "Duster" and a "Challenger" for example. You mention a Huracan and there's no ambiguity about what car you are referring to. A Giulia? Instantly recognizable. But a "C-class?" D-class? G-wagon? 135i? M3? What the heck is that? No passion, no personality, no imagination. Utterly forgettable. Ford tried changing the "Taurus" to "500" and what happened? Sales plummeted. They had to bring the name back. /old man rant over LOL

Last edited:
Meh, maybe it's the American in me, but I've never liked car manufacturers using letters and numbers to designate a car. You don't get typos like this when you are distinguishing between a "Duster" and a "Challenger" for example. You mention a Huracan and there's no ambiguity about what car you are referring to. A Giulia? Instantly recognizable. But a "C-class?" D-class? G-wagon? 135i? M3? What the heck is that? No passion, no personality, no imagination. Utterly forgettable. Ford tried changing the "Taurus" to "500" and what happened? Sales plummeted. They had to bring the name back. /old man rant over LOL

You might have a greater confusion when referring to dusters

dacia-duster-4-star-car.jpg

:P :)

^^^ Once again Ghost teases us with a great idea and falls short on execution. At least give us the ability to change wheels and wraps, even if there are no additional body parts for the car. I can't think of any good reason why they couldn't at least do that. I also agree with Theo, it should've been a runner class. It'll probably be on a cycle like the other abandoned cars, but with so many of them now it'll take forever to come around again.

If anyone is curious, unlike all Abandoned Cars, the Crown Vic is not unlocked in the showroom after successfully storing it.

I hopped on to grab La Catrina's 240Z. Made it in one try... barely! A couple of cop crashes were genuine "OOOO!!" moments... it was good fun! The car is crazy drifty for being a racer. If you get off the roadway onto dirt, forget it... It's like hitting a banana in Mario Kart lol.

P.S. You know, as flawed as the cop system is, it still delivers some great fun at times. I think the warts are becoming visible on The Crew2 now, which just shows how much Payback delivers in some key areas. It definitely scratches an itch that other games in the genre can't seem to pull off.

I hopped on to grab La Catrina's 240Z. Made it in one try... barely! A couple of cop crashes were genuine "OOOO!!" moments... it was good fun! The car is crazy drifty for being a racer. If you get off the roadway onto dirt, forget it... It's like hitting a banana in Mario Kart lol.

P.S. You know, as flawed as the cop system is, it still delivers some great fun at times. I think the warts are becoming visible on The Crew2 now, which just shows how much Payback delivers in some key areas. It definitely scratches an itch that other games in the genre can't seem to pull off.

I was meaning to say that there may be a few busted controllers with this car. It is gutless and the cops really mean business. Add to that the fact it's the longest distance abandoned so far and you will have a challenge. Saying that, one thing that saved me was the fact I went off road. It is a banana skin job, but It seemed to work for me.

Just went and grabbed the z before time is up....

Wow that was not fun! I honestly do not understand how people can enjoy the cops in this game. That was super frustrating, anytime a cop car was even close to me it felt like my car went flying. Just ridiculous how super aggressive they are and how wieghtless your car seems. Anyway, i got it, lets see what the next one is.....

I bagged the 240Z first time round - depsite the appearance of four rhinos! :lol:

I was expecting The Crew 2 to decimate any fun factor Payback had but strangely enough, I picked up a number of things this game has the edge on - the audio (voice acting & engine sounds), customisation, variety in activities and graphics (foilage) to name a few. To be fair, it is very early days for TC2 and Payback has come a long way since launch. Competition is very welcome in this sector! :cheers:

Just went and grabbed the z before time is up....

Wow that was not fun! I honestly do not understand how people can enjoy the cops in this game. That was super frustrating, anytime a cop car was even close to me it felt like my car went flying. Just ridiculous how super aggressive they are and how wieghtless your car seems. Anyway, i got it, lets see what the next one is.....
It oft pays to be aggressive in return.

I admit I've the had the urge to rage-quit more than once over the cop agression, but tbh, it's good fun most of the time. A better balance would be great, but then it would be too easy based on the rest of the game's programming. Sadly, it seems that they will never be able to capture the perfect balance that was Most Wanted '05. But until they finally do, I'll take Payback's cops any day over neutered ones.

I admit I've the had the urge to rage-quit more than once over the cop agression, but tbh, it's good fun most of the time. A better balance would be great, but then it would be too easy based on the rest of the game's programming. Sadly, it seems that they will never be able to capture the perfect balance that was Most Wanted '05. But until they finally do, I'll take Payback's cops any day over neutered ones.
Just give us a heftier set of wheels next time. How about Big Sisters Drag Mustang (from the far side of the city)?

It's Udo's Scoobie.

Seems pretty straight and quick.

It also seems we're going in approximate order of teir for the cars. That being the case the foreseeable schedule seems to be

Shift Lock R32 (drift) or Riot Club Mustang (Drag) over the next two weeks (until 24/7 (Dates in UK order))

Tier two from 31/7 to 14/8

Silver Six Porsche 2.8 RSR (Race), Free Ember Raptor (Off Road) and Noise Bomb Silvia (Drift)

Teir 3 From 21/8 to 4/9

Hazard Co C10 (off road), 1% Pagani (Race) and Diamond Block R35 (Drag)

In short between now and the first week in september we are looking to have all payback boss cars. Schedule may change if some randoms are thrown in otherwise we are at least clear through to the first week of September.

Last edited:
I highly doubt this is the case, but if the Most Wanted M3 abandoned car actually ends up the M3 GTR with the stripped out interior and V8 engine + straight cut gears sound I'm gonna absolutely lose it. :eek:

I highly doubt this is the case, but if the Most Wanted M3 abandoned car actually ends up the M3 GTR with the stripped out interior and V8 engine + straight cut gears sound I'm gonna absolutely lose it. :eek:
They wouldn't be cruel. Would they ;) :) ?

Back