Payback: Abandoned cars Thread

• Thread starter Jay84
  • 265 comments
Disappointed that we got the same car as a few weeks ago. I thought the rotation is supposed to go through the whole list of abandoned cars sequentially instead of random :grumpy: At least I can sell it for some loose change.

Disappointed that we got the same car as a few weeks ago. I thought the rotation is supposed to go through the whole list of abandoned cars sequentially instead of random :grumpy: At least I can sell it for some loose change.

It seemed to have lost form around Christmas. It might get back on form in February with the cop car next week as seems to be the zeitgeist.

It's weird how I had to wait almost a year for this M3, but when it does, it comes again just under a month later. Are frequent repeats like this normal?
Not really, but all pattern seems to have gone to pot, so it may become a new norm. :)

Cheers. It's the least I can do. I play this game like many here and while I'm technically pinching anothers work, it takes little to spread the news. Much thanks has to go to MrMNEK and others for the true hard work. That aside It's dull just posting a vid on it's own so a little pun and play on words can make a difference :)

P.S Music and Motoring both need tuning. No reason they can't go together ;) :)

The Elise is a long way away from base. I got rhino'd three times en route :crazy: The good handling helps though and brought it home in one try.

Also I find it funny that cops will follow you flying off a cliff but then you can see on the minimap that they just drive back up the vertical cliff to get back on the road like it's nothing :lol: Second funniest is they will just stop following you once you're about 1km from Rav's garage. Does the Airfield have some police repelling magnet or something? :lol:

The Elise is a long way away from base. I got rhino'd three times en route :crazy: The good handling helps though and brought it home in one try.

Also I find it funny that cops will follow you flying off a cliff but then you can see on the minimap that they just drive back up the vertical cliff to get back on the road like it's nothing :lol: Second funniest is they will just stop following you once you're about 1km from Rav's garage. Does the Airfield have some police repelling magnet or something? :lol:

Rav has that effect on the authorities. Seriously it's been Deus EX since the beginning and doubtless will always be a thing to soothe the pain of such pursuits. BTW the first time that locale was used was with the Akai Kamura Noise Bomb Silvia boss car and god the fall out was epic. The cops were intense and brutal and a drifter on dirt really didn't help. Add a lack of pace and the fight was very, very real. Just ask @CleanCut :)

My theory is Rav spread an urban myth about a cop abducting alien that lived at the airfield, Area 66 style. Since then no cop dared to venture near the place :P

According to NFS wiki we have the schedule for all upcoming Abandoned cars until June: https://nfs.fandom.com/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_Payback/Abandoned_Cars. The only car missing from rotation is the Ford Roadster "Reaper", which has only appeared once so far previously :grumpy:

Also it's mentioned that you can buy 6 of the Abandoned cars from the dealers. I can't seem to find them though. Do they get unlocked after a certain level?

On July 12, 2018, the BMW M3 Evolution II E30, Mazda RX-7 Spirit R, Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R, Plymouth Barracuda, Volvo 242DL, and Volvo Amazon P130 were made available for purchase from car dealers.

My theory is Rav spread an urban myth about a cop abducting alien that lived at the airfield, Area 66 style. Since then no cop dared to venture near the place :P

According to NFS wiki we have the schedule for all upcoming Abandoned cars until June: https://nfs.fandom.com/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_Payback/Abandoned_Cars. The only car missing from rotation is the Ford Roadster "Reaper", which has only appeared once so far previously :grumpy:

Also it's mentioned that you can buy 6 of the Abandoned cars from the dealers. I can't seem to find them though. Do they get unlocked after a certain level?
Not as far as I know. They're available from chapter 2 onwards. As for the seasonal cars I suspect the last dlc will be unlocking the wraps as they are the only great difference between the abandoned and regular cars. The only one outstanding is the cop car.

Not as far as I know. They're available from chapter 2 onwards. As for the seasonal cars I suspect the last dlc will be unlocking the wraps as they are the only great difference between the abandoned and regular cars. The only one outstanding is the cop car.

I probably should've been clearer: can you buy these 6 abandoned cars in the same livery as they were when you found them? I guess not and you can only buy the stock versions, which is a shame IMO. Your channel has everything except Abandoned #1-5, and I'd like to see what these liveries look like. I think they could've easily left these cars scattered around permanently like the derelicts. You start off with Race builds of each, then once you claim all 6 you move on to Drift build and so on. Gives us more to do in the awfully short career mode/collectibles chase.

Not sure what the seasonal cars and last dlc bit is referring to. I haven't installed the Speedcross and the 5 cars pack DLC. If I install those do I get to unlock the abandoned wraps for use on their stock counterparts purchased from the dealer?

The Ford Reaper I suspect is a Halloween special, so we'll have to wait until October till it comes round again.

I probably should've been clearer: can you buy these 6 abandoned cars in the same livery as they were when you found them? I guess not and you can only buy the stock versions, which is a shame IMO. Your channel has everything except Abandoned #1-5, and I'd like to see what these liveries look like. I think they could've easily left these cars scattered around permanently like the derelicts. You start off with Race builds of each, then once you claim all 6 you move on to Drift build and so on. Gives us more to do in the awfully short career mode/collectibles chase.

Not sure what the seasonal cars and last dlc bit is referring to. I haven't installed the Speedcross and the 5 cars pack DLC. If I install those do I get to unlock the abandoned wraps for use on their stock counterparts purchased from the dealer?

The Ford Reaper I suspect is a Halloween special, so we'll have to wait until October till it comes round again.
Yes you can. You can change the panels to the dirty versions with original livery. As for speed cross all it unlocks are the events and the livered Mini and Q60. Saying that the speed cross events are very enjoyable in their own right with a decent payout and most events being near spawn points (the first uses Airfield 73).

Seeing as I have you La Catrina wants your help down the southern highway. If you're brave you can fight off the cops along the highway, if you're crazy you can short cut across the southern plains to the rocky tunnel straight to Rav. Good Luck :)

Yes you can. You can change the panels to the dirty versions with original livery. As for speed cross all it unlocks are the events and the livered Mini and Q60. Saying that the speed cross events are very enjoyable in their own right with a decent payout and most events being near spawn points (the first uses Airfield 73).

Seeing as I have you La Catrina wants your help down the southern highway. If you're brave you can fight off the cops along the highway, if you're crazy you can short cut across the southern plains to the rocky tunnel straight to Rav. Good Luck :)

How do I change panels? On body customization? I confess I haven't spent a single second customizing my cars visually so I wouldn't know the options :lol:

Yeah I got the Z as soon as your video went up yesterday :D Took the southern route by accident and turned out ok, brought it home in one try 👍

@cudweiser looking at last video on your channel, why did you lump the Land Rover Defender with the rest of the boss cars?

I agree we should've gotten Lina's P1, along with Marcus' DB11 and the Collector's gold Aventador. Would've cut grinding time significantly but this is EA we're talking about so there's your answer.

We should've also gotten more iconic cars from previous games. Darius' R8, Ryo's Evo X, Undercover's 911 GT2, Shift's M3 GT2, HP Zonda Cinque, The Run Shelby GT500. Those are the obvious ones. But obviously they didn't want to license an entirely individual model for free...

Interesting that you also set downforce all the way to minimum for better handling though. I always have mine set maximum unless it's a long highway race. I knew I shouldn't trust my sim racing background for NFS :lol: How do you set up your cars for all the other categories?

My settings:
Drag - top speed, nitro duration
Runner - heavy armor
Off Road - stiff suspension, light power steering
Drift - front weight bias, strong handbrake

@cudweiser looking at last video on your channel, why did you lump the Land Rover Defender with the rest of the boss cars?

I agree we should've gotten Lina's P1, along with Marcus' DB11 and the Collector's gold Aventador. Would've cut grinding time significantly but this is EA we're talking about so there's your answer.

We should've also gotten more iconic cars from previous games. Darius' R8, Ryo's Evo X, Undercover's 911 GT2, Shift's M3 GT2, HP Zonda Cinque, The Run Shelby GT500. Those are the obvious ones. But obviously they didn't want to license an entirely individual model for free...

Interesting that you also set downforce all the way to minimum for better handling though. I always have mine set maximum unless it's a long highway race. I knew I shouldn't trust my sim racing background for NFS :lol: How do you set up your cars for all the other categories?

My settings:
Drag - top speed, nitro duration
Runner - heavy armor
Off Road - stiff suspension, light power steering
Drift - front weight bias, strong handbrake

My Channel? If you're talking about the posted vids, they aren't mine. I've used Mr M's vids as he's been reliable and quick at finding the cars. I may not have honored the guy but they ain't mine.

My Channel? If you're talking about the posted vids, they aren't mine. I've used Mr M's vids as he's been reliable and quick at finding the cars. I may not have honored the guy but they ain't mine.

Oops sorry. Since you always post the videos as soon as they're uploaded on the YT channel, I thought for sure they must be yours :P

He's a bit late this week so I tried to find the location myself. With the clues and the list of previous locations on nfs wiki, it's actually not that hard. Took me 2-3 wrong locations before I found the right one, but with fast travel it took 10 mins tops of searching. The drive back to Rav is a huge pain though. Got rhino'd 3 times on my first try and did the rookie mistake of going off road too soon and got busted :crazy: Second try, kept it on tarmac and brought it home safely.

Oops sorry. Since you always post the videos as soon as they're uploaded on the YT channel, I thought for sure they must be yours :P

He's a bit late this week so I tried to find the location myself. With the clues and the list of previous locations on nfs wiki, it's actually not that hard. Took me 2-3 wrong locations before I found the right one, but with fast travel it took 10 mins tops of searching. The drive back to Rav is a huge pain though. Got rhino'd 3 times on my first try and did the rookie mistake of going off road too soon and got busted :crazy: Second try, kept it on tarmac and brought it home safely.

No probs :) He is pretty reliable which is why I post his vids here. As for locations there seem to have been about 16 different ones used (just picking that number from vague memory). If you go back though all the vids listed in this thread you'll see which locations the previous cars were found. Those locations seem to be on a loop.

Back