Payback: Abandoned cars Thread

• Thread starter Jay84
  • 265 comments
I love when the abandoned car is off road and a tank. Just point it straight at Airfield 73 and all the cops just glance off your sides :lol:

Mr M says in the previous video before the Silvia one that the Beetle is the last seasonal abandoned car. Does that mean the cycle will stop after the last car on nfs wiki (Land Rover on June 4-11)? The only one I will be missing is the Reaper Ford 18 so I hope it continues until October at least.

Mr M says in the previous video before the Silvia one that the Beetle is the last seasonal abandoned car. Does that mean the cycle will stop after the last car on nfs wiki (Land Rover on June 4-11)? The only one I will be missing is the Reaper Ford 18 so I hope it continues until October at least.
I honestly don't know. They might run it for one more year or until the end of this one (or maybe just seasonally), or they might just open up the skins since all the cars are in the game, just dressed up uniquely.

I honestly don't know. They might run it for one more year or until the end of this one (or maybe just seasonally), or they might just open up the skins since all the cars are in the game, just dressed up uniquely.

I hope they continue for another year or so. I mean there's barely any news of the next NFS, and it's not that much work to set the abandoned cars each week. I'm sure they could even program a fixed rotating roster to do it automatically forever (well, until the servers go down at least).

Thanks for jumping in GTvsForza. Here's the vid and location.

As for the M3 and Cruiser it is up for debate as to whether they will I'm afraid.

P.S the Nova is up at the original M3 location just west of Braxton. It'll be a good long run home.

Another easy run home with the GT-R's speed (despite it's crappy handling). Now just need to wait for the Shark Attack Defender and I'm done (unless they added more cars down the line + hopefully the Ford Reaper comes back).

And just for reference, if you're an OCD like me, I've listed all the default vanity items with the Abandoned cars (boss cars don't have any installed so I haven't included them).

BMW M3 E46 "Most Wanted" - N/A
Dodge Challenger SRT8 "Cold Rim" - Blizzard Neon, Air Sus, Ice Cream Horn
Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (FVPD) - FVPD Neon, Cop Siren Wail Horn
Ford Roadster "Reaper" - Orange Wave Neon
Jaguar F-Type R "Lucky" - Mint Smoke, Green Step Neon
Lamborghini Diablo SV "2019" - Purple Nitro, Purple Smoke, Rainbow Dance Neon
Land Rover Defender 110 "Shark Attack" - Cyan Nitro, Steel Blue Wave Neon, Drunken Sailor Horn
Lotus Exige S "Love Mobile" - Red Nitro, Coral Smoke, Coral Wave Neon, Classic Car Ahoga Horn
Mercedes-Benz G 63 AMG "Santa Claus" - Rainbow Nitro, Mint Smoke, Red & Green Wave Neon, Air Sus, Jingle Bells Horn
Nissan 350Z "Rachel Teller" - Green Wave Neon, Air Sus
Volkswagen Beetle "Spring Bug" - Rainbow Nitro, Green Smoke, If You're Happy & You Know It Horn

Last edited:
Holzman's High on a nasty hill top, Yodel Ay Yodel Ay Yodel Ay Hee Hoo.

Can you get him down from there before the sound of music drives me insane ;) :)

California Dreaming amongst the mesas at the top of the map. See if you can get the love bug to Rav before the summer of love.

It's far out man :)

Rachels day has gone down the tubes. She's washed out and in the gutter hiding from the city heat. Picker her up with a blast across the plains to Rav and a few cold beverages.

This is it (maybe). Only once seen in the wild, we now have its mature offspring. What we have is the rare land shark. This one has found home among the trees just west of the south desert (not far from the original sighting). This elusive fish rarely bites, using its strength and mass to wear out prey and attackers alike. Given how rare it is, don't let it get away and bring all you've got to catch tis prize.

I really hope that this isn't the last one. I'm still missing the Reaper Ford. Missed it by 2 months between it being released and me getting the game late last year :ouch:

@cudwieser Do you have the Reaper Ford? If so, could you list what vanity items are on the car by default (nitro, tyre smoke, horn, neon, air sus)? I might just recreate it myself if it's not coming back.

I can't really remember off hand I'm afraid. (forgive the pun). Best I can suggest is a google search.

https://www.google.com/search?q=nfs...AUIECgB&biw=1366&bih=654#imgrc=Xepr8fyQrNtnUM:

Graciously all of the cars barring the interceptor use parts from in the game with the vinyls being the only things a bit different (There are some exceptional artists out there and doubtless there will be vinyls up before too long) .

Oh I definitely wasn't expecting you to recall off the top of your head. I thought just whenever you log on the game next, you could just do a quick check. Nevermind though, I did a youtube search and found a guy showing the vanity items right after he obtained the car. My list on post #253 is now complete. Not that anyone cares except me lol.

Oh I definitely wasn't expecting you to recall off the top of your head. I thought just whenever you log on the game next, you could just do a quick check. Nevermind though, I did a youtube search and found a guy showing the vanity items right after he obtained the car. My list on post #253 is now complete. Not that anyone cares except me lol.
You'd be surprised. The biggest issue with EA is a general cookie cutter laziness with their franhises of late. I expect and amalgam of NFS Payback/2015/Most Wanted for NFS2019.

Alas this is it for Payback's abandoned cars. Thank you to Jay 84 for starting this this thread and all those who contributed info and vids as well as the video creators. Equally so to the commentators who kept us all on the not so straight and sometimes very narrow, getting the cars home (Noise bomb silvia being the 'best' challenge)

There's still plenty in the other nfs topics I'll be lurking in so I'm not away yet.

It's been emotional and I'll maybe see you on the other side when NFS19 comes out in 2020 :P :D

I wonder how hard it is to program a fixed rotation for the abandoned cars that goes on ad infinitum. Quite disappointing that they can't even keep the cycle going when there's barely any news of the next game...

I wonder how hard it is to program a fixed rotation for the abandoned cars that goes on ad infinitum. Quite disappointing that they can't even keep the cycle going when there's barely any news of the next game...

You'd think. If nothing else a free dlc for the vinyls and a quid for a cop car is even simpler, but this is EA we're talking about. They're all about the money and consumers be damned.

Back