[PC] DCS 1.5 & 2.0 Open Alpha

One thing I noticed and couldn't figure out with the game. In the Frogfoot, I was free to look around with the mouse, but I couldn't do it in the P-51D, nor could I figure out how to activate mouse look.

One thing I noticed and couldn't figure out with the game. In the Frogfoot, I was free to look around with the mouse, but I couldn't do it in the P-51D, nor could I figure out how to activate mouse look.

The Mustang has a clickable cockpit so you can click on and interact with everything in there. The Frogfoot however does not so that's why you can look around with the mouse. That's how it is by default at least, not sure how to enable mouse look.

There is a key to activate mouse look, I think it's left ctrl C.

Currently downloading this to see if it will work on my somewhat low-tier laptop. I have low hopes of it actually running it, but it's free, so why not.

Keep in mind that DCS 2.0 may reduce minimum requirements, though this isn't really a game for a low end laptop. Do you have a graphics card at least?

How big is the entire map on DCS? Also, if anyone has information about it, what will the largest map be in DCS 2?

More or less:

That one probably^ (I doubt Las Vegas or Straight of Hormuz maps will be bigger).

(Edit: OP Updated).

Black Sea is about 400 by 300 miles

SoH is projected to be about 180 by 180 miles

NTTR is projected to be about 600 by 600 miles (expanded from the original 220 by 220 miles) though I can't seem to find where this was mentioned on the ED forums, I hope this hasn't changed (unless it went up in size, NTTR has received one more airport that it was originally supposed to come with and there is talk of one additional airbase yet to come).

The DCS Mig-21Bis Facebook page just posted "Meow". https://www.facebook.com/pages/DCS-Mig-21Bis/515416408503951?fref=nf

Wildcat, Hellcat, or Tomcat.

yDqS2VK.jpg

That's a dense map! Water looks weird in the second shot though. Somehow I'm not as excited about this map as I am about the NTTR and Normandy map.

DCS Mid-Winter Sale!

Warm up these cold February nights with a new DCS module! Starting at 18:00 (Moscow time) on Friday the 13th, and lasting for three days, we are offering a huge 70% off sale on most DCS products from our e-shop at::
http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/

DCS: F-86F Sabre: $49.99 to $14.99 (70% off)
DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora: $49.99 to $14.99 (70% off)
DCS: Bf 109 K-4: $49.99 to $14.99 (70% off)
DCS: UH-1H Huey: $49.99 to $14.99 (70% off)
DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight: 49.99 to $14.99 (70% off)
DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3: $39.99 to $11.99 (70% off)
DCS: A-10C Warthog: $39.99 to $11.99 (70% off)
DCS: Black Shark 2: $39.99 to $11.99 (70% off)
DCS: P-51D Mustang: $29.99 to $8.99 (70% off)
DCS: Combined Arms: $19.99 to $5.99 (70% off)
F-15C for DCS World: $9.99 to $2.99 (70% off)
A-10A for DCS World: $9.99 to $2.99 (70% off)
Su-25 for DCS World: $9.99 to $2.99 (70% off)
Su-27 for DCS World: $9.99 to $2.99 (70% off)
DCS: MiG-21Bis: $49.99 to $37.49 (25% off)

Not interesting for me, all I want is 2.0 and the new maps!

I need a little help. I can't seem to find how to change between ccrp and ccip mode in the su25t. How do you do it?

I need a little help. I can't seem to find how to change between ccrp and ccip mode in the su25t. How do you do it?

I recommend my technique.

YBBAaHi.gif

;)

Some eyecandy nobody wants :rolleyes:

"As to the when questions: we are projecting sometime between March and June 2015 based on the current blocking bugs. We realize that this is taking a very long time, but building a new graphics engine from the ground up is a massive task, but we think that you are starting to see the the time and effort has been worth it."

le sigh. Not surprised that suddenly Q1 2015 moved to "maybe by summer".

Russian aircraft have a unique CCRP mode compared to US planes. You aim the bomb pipper on the target and then hold the trigger. Keep holding the trigger while flying directly over the target. The bomb is released automatically.

Russian aircraft have a unique CCRP mode compared to US planes. You aim the bomb pipper on the target and then hold the trigger. Keep holding the trigger while flying directly over the target. The bomb is released automatically.

I know that. I mean how to switch between the modes? Is it dependant on what type of bombs or altitude etc. or is there a button for it?

There is no switch for CCRP. I'm not an expert with the Su-25, but I think any type of bomb works the same way and I don't know of an altitude limit. Select the target with the pipper and hold the trigger, the plane will decide when to release. You don't need to keep the pipper on the target, or even have the target on the HUD to do this.

Got my hands on Prepar3d. Tried out the F-35. The digital cockpit is so weird, I miss al the gauges! Felt like a toy for the first few moments :P

Best part is that the world is the map. Too bad the stock airports are not so pretty. Those downloadable upgrades aren't cheap either (holy crap :scared:). But it's nice to go in the air from my local airports now and then.

Of course, I wouldn't be doing this if DCS had brought out 2.0 and new maps.....

Got my hands on Prepar3d. Tried out the F-35. The digital cockpit is so weird, I miss al the gauges! Felt like a toy for the first few moments :P

Best part is that the world is the map. Too bad the stock airports are not so pretty. Those downloadable upgrades aren't cheap either (holy crap :scared:). But it's nice to go in the air from my local airports now and then.

Of course, I wouldn't be doing this if DCS had brought out 2.0 and new maps.....

Which version of the F-35 is it? A, B, or C?

Latest Posts

Back