[PC] DCS 1.5 & 2.0 Open Alpha

Heatblur uploaded some shots of the Viggen with the updated lighting and it looks incredible. Almost photolike at times.

This is my favorite shot, and new desktop wallpaper. :drool:

fiM30Kl.jpg

The FB link says the post has been removed.

Anyone messed about with 2.5?

It looks nice but sadly I still don't have a PC that can truly run it.
I have it installed but haven't had a lot of time, so far I'm really liking what I'm seeing. Performs about the same as 1.5 but looks better. It always bothered me that I had to have 1.5 for Causasus and 2.0 for Nevada. I was waiting for 2.5 before adding more content - Normandy soon, hopefully Persian Gulf isn't too far off.

I do like how it looks after watching several YT'ers and streamers. Mostly been watching 104th_Maverick livestream it on YouTube and he's a joy to listen to.

okay, major bump....

Just wondering if anyone still dabbles in this game and is kind enough to lend their time and help me in drafting a PC build. This would probably be the most intensive game I play but I'm just curious as far as what opinions/experience may be out there.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
Mobo: MSI B450
VCard: XFX RX5700X THICC III

Basically I need to know what kind of RAM to run. I've done a lot of reading and looks like this setup could easily handle 1080P at a locked rate, and even 1440 just fine, although I probably won't be using it much. I'm also building this PC for video and photo editing, as I know Intel would be a better option for gaming, I'm more specifically concerned with rendering and encoding times. I think a 3200 speed would be plenty, but I'm curious to know what else do I need to know about RAM, or what are some specific options.

Thanks

Back