PC2 becoming unplayable because menus are getting ultra slowPS4 

• Thread starter Vendrah
  • 71 comments
Hi,

I had posted a day or two ago on the general discussion that the menus were getting slower. They still are.
The more I play, the more times I turn the PS4 and PC2 on, worse it becomes.
It is now extra slow. It takes about 5 minutes to start the game until I get the car on track. And everyday that time is increasing over and over! Im being patient but I will have to declare that the game has become unplayable in just a few days.
I had done a video exploring this issue, which is better than if I described the details on words.

Info: PS4 Pro, Digital Deluxe Edition. Some others are reporting this issue on regular PS4.
Video:

Important notes

1 - The screen really becomes gray on the beginning of the video, it is not a issue from PS4.
2 - While the game is frozen, every external music or voice chat (party) works completely ok. I can press PS and scroll throught PS4 menus with no problems at all.
3 - The races are working completely fine.
4 - The issue while selecting cars, the one that it starts switching views of cars and category/factory mode, becomes from the wheel and the pedals (I have to press them to stop and I had forgot to) and it doesnt belong to the game.
5 - When I started the game at the very first moment, in friday, everything was normal and menus were faster than they were in PC 1.
6 - I know I already said that but I need to repeat: Its getting slower and worse each day!!!!!!!

@IanBell @The_American Help!!!

PS: I am posting that on PC Official forums too.

Agree, I am having the exact same issues , this is no good for my high blood pressure, and it's been like this since day 1 and really getting to the point of playing frzzby with this game

Standard 500GB PS4 ver.1 Update 5.0

I have been doing some testing here. Deleting all saved files and setups works.

So I have now tried keeping my setups and saved replays and fitted a Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD. It still loads slow :-( Some menu transitions are a little quicker but not the result I was hoping for :-(

Tip save your setups and replay data to a USB storage device first so you get to keep them and put them back at a later date. BTW do this from PS4 > Main menu > Settings > Applications Saved Data Management > PCARS2 Save all the files first to USB then delete the stuff from the HD. BTW only get rid of replays and setting, nothing else ;-)

The menu lag is getting worse by the day for me. I try to connect to an online lobby, disconnect, then get stuck in menu lag for up to a couple minutes.

Single most frustrating gaming experience I've had. The worst part is that the odd time it works, it's really good, so it makes all the UI and connectivity issues that much more frustrating.

Standard 500GB PS4 ver.1 Update 5.0

I have been doing some testing here. Deleting all saved files and setups works.

So I have now tried keeping my setups and saved replays and fitted a Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD. It still loads slow :-( Some menu transitions are a little quicker but not the result I was hoping for :-(

Tip save your setups and replay data to a USB storage device first so you get to keep them and put them back at a later date. BTW do this from PS4 > Main menu > Settings > Applications Saved Data Management > PCARS2 Save all the files first to USB then delete the stuff from the HD. BTW only get rid of replays and setting, nothing else ;-)
Whoosh...right over my head.

Yep seems way faster to me. Although the last thing I did on PC2 was delete all my saves and left it to rot in favour of GT Sport demo until the first patch.

Back