PCars, 4 months in...half price RRP...

• Thread starter theapex
  • 77 comments
Yes I've had some wonderful racing experiences in Project Cars from day one.

@VBR I've raced almost exclusively in private rooms with friends only. Some of the groups on here do exactly that (I organise one) and are worth trying (or some of the groups on the official site). I know you're not keen on voice chat in rooms but even if you don't have seperate headset controls for voice chat you can turn that off by opening your own private party outside of pCARS and you won't hear anyone else in the room (only game audio).

In our group we encourage all of our members to host events/races and so there's something on regularly. Some still host by only using the message function to people on the group's message group and get by fine.

I believe you can do a short subscription of ps+ before committing to a full year.

I can confirm this being a member of the WMD2 club now. Forum has only just started the brainstorming phase on what will be done for PCARS2, so it's a long way off indeed.

Getting close to GT6's sales even, (yes i know more platforms). Yet for a dev with a tiny budget and one that focuses on the simulation aspect of motor racing those numbers are very good indeed.

I read that first as "brainwashing phase"...lol.

VBR
I was saving that until the patch when we get upgraded online features! Honestly, I really don't wanna pay for PS Plus, I'm so used to PS3 & free onlne.

:ouch:
And you would think ..... ok they ask to pay for online no problem if it is for the better why not:odd: grrrrrr
Today I did a online race ..... man ..... cars that are going to the left and right , cars that jump in the air , stuttering when someone leaves the room and I saw behind me a jumpstart to .
What is next ... landmine or so .

Last edited:
I think it's a necessity that SMS improves the online mode and stability with regards to bugs, if PCARS wants to succeed.
Then again they aren't stupid and know what we want, so i hope they implement some improvements fast before people that play online jump ship.

I think it's a necessity that SMS improves the online mode and stability with regards to bugs, if PCARS wants to succeed.
Then again they aren't stupid and know what we want, so i hope they implement some improvements fast before people that play online jump ship.

Without a doubt. The question is, are they capable of fixing the problems online? Things have gotten worse since 3.0

Don't get me wrong, i like the game just that not sure i like Ian Bell, his previous is folding a company but then asset stripping and....hmmm, starting up another company.... don't you just love that style of business.....

At least in my area, this is common practice. Business names come and go, but the faces and services offered remain the same.

With the benefit of hindsight, that's a good deal. Nearly half the price I paid and patched to 3.0 which is quite good

I agree. Project Cars is my hot lapping game, and with all the options at my disposal, I can pretty much tailor my experience to my mood. Not to many games can come close to that I have played.

I once worked for a guy who's previous business went bankrupt. In Australia, by law he couldn't own another business for a certain amount of time, so the business was in his wife's name lol.

I once worked for a guy who's previous business went bankrupt. In Australia, by law he couldn't own another business for a certain amount of time, so the business was in his wife's name lol.

Yep thats a classic! Some quite high profile businessmen from the UK do this too..mentioning no names as they will see me in court.
The problem is for me on an ethical level is if they go into administration, asset strip company, but then don't have to pay debtors or staff wages...then start up the next week in another name.. what about the small suppliers they don't pay? Its disgusting..
I know its business..but it shouldn't be like that, but then look at the world we live in...sorry way off topic now..

Yep thats a classic! Some quite high profile businessmen from the UK do this too..mentioning no names as they will see me in court.
The problem is for me on an ethical level is if they go into administration, asset strip company, but then don't have to pay debtors or staff wages...then start up the next week in another name.. what about the small suppliers they don't pay? Its disgusting..
I know its business..but it shouldn't be like that, but then look at the world we live in...sorry way off topic now..

Yeah the guy I worked for thankfully wasn't one of these high profile rich pieces of you know what. He was somehwat shady though lol. His business went under when I left, as I was basically doing the jobs of 3 or 4 people, for bugger all $$, so I moved on to better things.

Nope, not kidding. I asked for a reason.

See the date on this article? http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-18-ms-forza-5-fastest-selling-racing-game-in-xbox-history

Now look at the date on your article: http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/6/5478004/microsoft-xbox-one-forza-5-bundle

In other words, there was no Forza/XBone bundle until after Forza 5 had already sold 1.3 million copies a month earlier. Attributing the sales of Forza 5 to bundling as you did, without clarifying when the bundling began, is misleading.

The way your post was worded to imply that all XBones came with a Forza game is also incorrect (1 million Xbone sold means 1million Forza5) because the Forza bundle was not the only bundle available. I count at least 12 separate bundles so it's not likely that Forza being bundled really encouraged anyone to buy the game that would not have bought it and the console anyway, given that there are a wide range of options to choose from.

It is impossible to tell how many games they sold via bundles. I was giving an example. Usually games with bundle obviously sells more and give more incentive for people to buy it. DC is one of the example of selling 2million in 8months. There are also different bundle releases around the world, like on release time or during Christmas etc.

As far as Pcars goes I do not think "hardcore sim" :confused: has anything to do with it. Rally games is more difficult to make numbers as there is not much following. Nascar, F1 does better but those are also trackside games. GT and Forza are car games with lots of content, variety obviously GT is much more than Forza. Where as Pcars is more of GT racing game although it has good variety of cars. I think it mainly falls under motorsport game genre rather than just car game with variety. GT for example has city tracks, original track, fictional tracks which are really good, few rally stages and ovals and different environments like day/night, weather etc. Forza is good in customization, paintjobs etc. Having racing cars on tracks is not going to cut it. Pcars2 they are going for more variety but it will release in GT7, Forza7 window so that will be interesting :odd: Having a big publisher support obviously makes a difference so that is not going to help them. But hardcore sim or sim or arcade has nothing to do with it

It is impossible to tell how many games they sold via bundles. I was giving an example. Usually games with bundle obviously sells more and give more incentive for people to buy it. DC is one of the example of selling 2million in 8months. There are also different bundle releases around the world, like on release time or during Christmas etc.
Not necessarily. When there are a dozen or more games on bundle, people will simply buy the bundle with the game that they would have bought anyway after buying the console.

As far as Pcars goes I do not think "hardcore sim" :confused: has anything to do with it. Rally games is more difficult to make numbers as there is not much following. Nascar, F1 does better but those are also trackside games. GT and Forza are car games with lots of content, variety obviously GT is much more than Forza. Where as Pcars is more of GT racing game although it has good variety of cars. I think it mainly falls under motorsport game genre rather than just car game with variety. GT for example has city tracks, original track, fictional tracks which are really good, few rally stages and ovals and different environments like day/night, weather etc. Forza is good in customization, paintjobs etc. Having racing cars on tracks is not going to cut it. Pcars2 they are going for more variety but it will release in GT7, Forza7 window so that will be interesting :odd: Having a big publisher support obviously makes a difference so that is not going to help them. But hardcore sim or sim or arcade has nothing to do with it
I beg to differ. PCars lacks most of the things that made GT popular. No huge car list, no quirky cars, no game economy, no unlockable content, no sense of ownership of your cars, no customization, no car upgrades etc. etc. etc. All the things that made GT really popular just aren't in PCars. The only real similarity between the games is the presence of cars and tracks.

Not necessarily. When there are a dozen or more games on bundle, people will simply buy the bundle with the game that they would have bought anyway after buying the console.

I beg to differ. PCars lacks most of the things that made GT popular. No huge car list, no quirky cars, no game economy, no unlockable content, no sense of ownership of your cars, no customization, no car upgrades etc. etc. etc. All the things that made GT really popular just aren't in PCars. The only real similarity between the games is the presence of cars and tracks.

I agree about Pcars. It is different to a game like GT. They got something right. If they want to make numbers they have to change and being hardcore sim as some people here are suggesting has nothing to do with it. I cannot change your or for that matter anyone else mind about Forza numbers. Whatever you like to believe :banghead:

Back