• 771 comments

mister dog

(Banned)
Belgium
Spain
misterdog
misterdog7
Simple, post your first impressions of playing the game :cheers:
I'll contribute tomorrow as Santa crawls through the chimney at midnight, and that's past my bedtime.

Always nice to hear people share their first impressions as things (experiences), get watered down after you get used to something.

XB1 version. Looks great, sounds fantastic, options equal to the PC version. But like I said in the main thread, game pad controls are far from ideal. Way too twitchy even with deadzone set high and sensitivity set to 0
Did you try my suggested settings?

Congratulations SMS, Just lapped my first practice run, Nurburgring Nordschleife & Lotus 48
I must say, I am speechless.

on many counts.

1) That Sun as I came to the Karussel, not sure if real sun, or CGI...
2) that Lotus 48 sound, and the cockpit view, and the track... and and

(still speechless)

my hardware is 3 years old, and and, it's flawless (wondering why my GTX970 is in the mail if I should cancel it, it's running A-OK on my 5 year old GTX460

3) my Thrustmaster wheel, it's AHALIVVVE!!

4) I am a giddy 40 year old, you should see my gawk as I post this.

5) Kazunori, and PD, I hope you're playing this and going back to the drawing board

6) OMG i don't know what to do next, I know! (alt-tabbing)

THANK YOU SMS, FLAWLESS EXECUTION.

2 clicks to play the game, track, car, go

unbelieveable.... still speechless, folks, gentlemen and women, do enjoy this epic craft of a game, well worth 50x this price.

Extreme first impression: only played the 1 available quick race weekend at Autodrome Dubai as the game continues download.

Lifelong console gamer. WOW. Not sure how quickly I'll be racing... because I'm just :drool::drool::drool::drool: while hotlapping! I may just be content doing free runs!! Not sure what's going to happen to me when the full game is downloaded. :crazy:

Went straight to public online, 5 laps round Silverstone in a GT3, first few corners were a game of dodge but it settled down after a lap, long story short, 2st and 3rd went wide on last lap, I saw my chance to get on the podium, flawed it on the exit.... Spun it! :banghead:

over heated tires, ended up 7th place :grumpy:

I love it! :gtpflag:

How full was the race? Any lag?

No private lobbies?

Still unsure really, bit of a pain running a T500 on ps4 as all buttons do not work plus the calibration issues is annoying.

Menus seem abit hit and miss too but I'm sure I'll get used to them.

2 online races, 1 I had to quit as wheel stopped working, 2nd I actually won :D

3 laps nordsheilfe start at night and finish at night, great race andba real challenge.

Oh no change of car on replays either??

Overall I'm happy but seems like some simple functions are missing.

How full was the race? Any lag?

Did not notice any in the 3 races I had tbh, and a few had red bars in the menus so I was kinda expecting some.

Races were full every time, come the end I'd say about 9 or 10 stayed in on average.

Record so far, pad with no aids... 7th, 9th (got sideways then t-boned... limped home in last place haha) and 2nd :)

Really enjoying it so far, jumped into free practice first in the Focus RS just go get a nice feel for the physics.

Must admit I'm struggling with the Shifter Karts a little, can't seem to get a handle on them at all, any tips?

The feel of driving in this is superb. Absolutely superb. Love it. This pisses all over any other racing/driving game that has ever appeared on a console, period. Also, playing this on the PS4 and I haven't noticed any "ghosting" whatsoever, so far. I reckon it's a non-issue. Other than some slight tearing the game looks terrific.

I must say the force feedback from my T300 is incredible. every bump and dip come straight through and if I'm not mistaken I can even feel the dirty air from other cars affecting my handling. that's amazing!

having some really tough races even at 60% but the feeling of driving is superb.

very impressed so far.

XB1 version. Looks great, sounds fantastic, options equal to the PC version. But like I said in the main thread, game pad controls are far from ideal. Way too twitchy even with deadzone set high and sensitivity set to 0

Setting deadzones wide is NOT something you'd want to do. Basically you'll move the stick and nothing nothing nothing BAM. Full lock.

Not impressed with the driving thus far. Having some issues with wheel and pedal responses. Most of the time it seems fine but then a few times in every lap I have had issues where there was some sort of lag in the control. For example I release the throttle going into a corner but the throttle stays on a little after I have released it, sometimes steering seems slow to react as in I turn the wheel and nothing happens initially so naturally I turn a little more and then it bites and have steered to much. Sometimes downshift is not happening. Just in general seems to be an issue with the controls which was very frustrating and caused me to go off track on each of my first few laps in the game.

I am using the PC version with a CSR Elite Wheel and Club Sport Pedals.
I tried two different cars on two different tracks and ran into the same issues in both cases.

I have not had any issues like this when playing Forza or GT using the same setup

I haven't tweaked many of the in game settings yet, just mapped the buttons and went to the track.

Anyone else having this type of issue or have an idea what I can do to resolve it?

Not impressed with the driving thus far. Having some issues with wheel and pedal responses. Most of the time it seems fine but then a few times in every lap I have had issues where there was some sort of lag in the control. For example I release the throttle going into a corner but the throttle stays on a little after I have released it, sometimes steering seems slow to react as in I turn the wheel and nothing happens initially so naturally I turn a little more and then it bites and have steered to much. Sometimes downshift is not happening. Just in general seems to be an issue with the controls which was very frustrating and caused me to go off track on each of my first few laps in the game.

I tried two different cars on two different tracks and ran into the same issues in both cases.

I have not had any issues like this when playing Forza or GT using the same setup

I haven't tweaked many of the in game settings yet, just mapped the buttons and went to the track.

Anyone else having this type of issue or have an idea what I can do to resolve it?
You calibrated the wheel to 900(?) degrees and also calibrated pedals in the controller menu? I dunno, fanatec wheels seem a bit weird with pcars sometimes.

I've seen a couple of people reporting Fanatec issues so far. Mainly a lack of FFB.

Started career and bypassed the karts, a little hard for me to keep those things steady. As for the starter F cars, very fun racing them. I am really digging the helmet camera, I tried shutting off all HUD assists and it makes the game immersive as hell 👍!

A few races in my career and I can already tell I am going to enjoy the game. It runs great on my PC and the Fanatec CSR feels great!

The fan chat is a nice touch, funny how the fans react to your racing....I wonder if it will mirror real life and start trolling me?

So far it seems solid and as much as I hated the delays, it finally feels good to finally play the game.

I think I figured out what the issue was here. I had the wheel plugged into a USB 3.0 port. I switched it to a 2.0 port and seems to be ok now.

Edit: Actually that may or may not have been the issue. I was runnign FW 7.21 and was going to update to 7.57 as a test but the firmware would not load while plugged into the USB 3.0 port. I changed to the 2.0 port and loaded the 7.57 FW on it then drove a few laps on a couple of tracks and had no issues.

I will try the 3.0 port again later and see if the problem reappears.

I think I figured out what the issue was here. I had the wheel plugged into a USB 3.0 port. I switched it to a 2.0 port and seems to be ok now.

Edit: Actually that may or may not have been the issue. I was runnign FW 7.21 and was going to update to 7.57 as a test but the firmware would not load while plugged into the USB 3.0 port. I changed to the 2.0 port and loaded the 7.57 FW on it then drove a few laps on a couple of tracks and had no issues.

I will try the 3.0 port again later and see if the problem reappears.

When I test Fanatec in-house alpha drivers or firmware I always do the following. Just so I know every registery change is passed over by Windows upon boot.

1. Uninstall old drivers
2. Reboot PC
3. Install new drivers
4. Reboot PC
5. Update firmware
6. Reboot PC and wheel
7. Recalibrate wheel center
8. Reboot wheel
9. Check wheel and pedal operation and calibration in the Fanatec Driver properties
10. Boot the game if all is fine

I can't help you much with your issues though as I only have a CSWv1 and CSWv2 available when it comes to Fanatec wheels.

Really enjoying it so far, jumped into free practice first in the Focus RS just go get a nice feel for the physics.

Must admit I'm struggling with the Shifter Karts a little, can't seem to get a handle on them at all, any tips?

I reckon you mean the 125cc kart?

I can't handle the karts either. For me the issue lies within the lack of chassis flex due to not enough development time left over.
If the chassis would flex you'd lift the rear inner wheel during cornering, which would reduce grip in a gradual manner. Now you just approach peak grip and due to the slick tyre nature, if you go over it with the karts it snaps on you and sends you for a spin.

So it means you'll really have to learn the limits of the kart's tyres in this case. More so than you would with a big car on four wheels that has normal radial slick tyres.

My best advice is start slow and build up speed a bit lap by lap. Don't get into the almighty digital racer mode where you can easily push reset, but go at it with a mindset that there is no reset button. In other words you just need to switch off the HUD and imagine that it's real.

Back