PCars in VR

All I can tell you is good luck!

My system:

Oculus Rift CV1
CPU: i7 4790k, OC
GPU: 1080 TI, OC

With SuperSampling at 1.5, in order to get ZERO drops below 90 FPS without using any ASW, these are the Settings I have to use...

Hide Crowds: YES

Post Processing: OFF
Bloom: OFF
Crespular Rays: OFF

Texture Res: HIGH
Texture Filter: Aniso 16x
V-Sync: NO
AA: DS4X
Reflections: LOW
Environment Map: LOW
Car Detail: MEDIUM
Track Detail: LOW
Shadow Detail: LOW
Enhanced Mirror: NO
Detailed Grass: OFF
Particle Level: LOW
Particle Density: LOW

If you are willing to use ASW, of which I can hardly see any ill-effects, I can bump the settings up a notch. If I tune down the SuperSampling, I can go even higher. But you'll prefer to have higher SS.

I'll be honest here, there are better racing games for VR than Project CARS. The graphical requirements of the game to even run at the bare minimum are such that games that should be much less visually impressive offer a significant jump in VR visuals. Raceroom in VR is a lot better. I am sure Assetto Corsa and iRacing are also.

For comparison, I can run Raceroom with all the Graphics Settings on HIGH and run it SuperSampled to 1.5. That game just flat out looks a lot better than Project CARS in VR. Add in the better Sounds and out-of-the-box FFB, and Raceroom is just better. And it's not even close.

If Project CARS 2 doesn't do some magical trickery with its hefty graphical requirements between now and release, the settings will be much the same.

Last edited:
Back