PCCP CHAMPIONSHIP = Finished

• Thread starter Mr Grumpy
  • 523 comments
@richroo, welcome buddy :)

Give the OP a glance over & let me know your car/track combination, any questions you may have just ask.

Also @Bloodytears, championship rules state laps times around the 1:30s so I'm changing your track to Nurburgring Sprint. Sorry mate, it's why I changed mine from Silverstone Classic aswell.

Last edited:
The championship will start as soon as we fill the full 10 player entries, a round will finish as soon as the last driver has submitted their total time screenshot.

I can't get that rule (sorry my english isn't good). If you are starting tomorow does ir mean round 1 race must be done tomorow or there is no deadline (we can grinding this for days, weeks, years? :) )

I can't get that rule (sorry my english isn't good). If you are starting tomorow does ir mean round 1 race must be done tomorow or there is no deadline (we can grinding this for days, weeks, years? :) )
Hi Napalm, good to see you over here.

There is no fixed time for you to run the races so it allows you to fit it in when you are able to. However it's probably best not to take years to get a result posted up. :P
Race untill you're happy with your overall time.

There perhaps should be a maximum time limit though Mr G otherwise it could, in theory, be never-ending. ;)

I think we are all aiming for that spot. ;)

Not sure I'm aiming for it, but I'm expecting to be about there!

This first week in particular should be interesting just to see how we all compare. The line up of races looks like a fun mix too, though there's a couple there that I'm not looking forward to lol.

OK, I'm inn. Since I am noob at tuning and will probably use default setups, last place is booked :)

I’m running default loose setups. Currently in multiple leagues have no time to create setups. I might fiddle with camber, tire pressure and aero where it applies.

Last edited:
This first week in particular should be interesting just to see how we all compare. The line up of races looks like a fun mix too
Yes indeed. I think we'll all have cars and tracks we will like more than others. I'm looking forward to try them all out. Great idea Mr G. 👍

@Mr Grumpy - I've just had one quick go around Oulton* and just to clarify, is this the information and format you will require from everyone?

I've included the pre and post race screens. Maybe just the post one would do.
Edit: Post race screen is sufficient.
I went for medium cloud in this test to give a bit of light and shade. It's exactly the same ambient and track temperatures as clear anyway.
Project CARS 2_20200806165223.jpg
Project CARS 2_20200806165103.jpg

i even got a penalty!

This is not my final entry just a test. I'd forgotten to turn off tyre wear anyway. :dopey:

*That Aston is a handful :)

Last edited:
Shall we give 2-3 days as a baseline for completion of a track? We can always give an extra day for anyone that needs it or a nudge if we're waiting for someone (cough @richroo cough) :lol:

@IfAndOr it's only the post screen I need (within a spoiler) just like you've done mate.

@richroo you still joining us? If so I need your combination asap please mate

@Napalm_LT welcome mate, give a quick glance over the 1st post about rules/settings & information then hit me with your combination.

Take a look at post 3 for examples.

Sry always late to the party...( praise jah )
catching up ...
where we at ?

where we at ?
Race 1 - 9 Laps
Oulton Park Fosters - Aston Martin DBR1/300
01. Pick the appropriate car
02. Pick the appropriate track
03. Opponents = 9
04. Opponent skill = optional
05. Opponent aggression = optional
06. Opponent field type = identical
07. Player grid position = player last
08. Number of laps = set the required amount
09. Date type = default date
10. Start time = 12:00
11. Season = defaulted with date
12. Weather = clear
13. Start type = standing
14. Mandatory Pit stops = no
15. Rules & regulations = default
16. Driving assists = optional
17. Damage = off
18. Tyre wear = off
19. Fuel usage = off
20. Car setups = optional

I think Mr G just needs a car & track combo for your "home race".

Got my new Sony - 55" Class - X900H Series - 4K UHD TV - Smart - LED - with HDR :D:bowdown::cheers::gtpflag:and i'm ready to burn rubber.

And boy looking at pcars 2 through a 55" 4k tv is like wow all i can really say since i'm in awe right now. :D
Its a big TV. What distance from your seat to TV?

@Chikane_GTR I got the same set up, space is very limited in my room, so have no other choice.

As for the first race, hope I'll never have to do it again... On default suspension very soft, breaks ineffective, only good thing that car not very slippery. Also it takes some time to understand gearing, especially from standing start. Plus AI ain't make it even a little easier. Top guys disappeared right on a first lap, guys behind were fast only 1/4 of the track, but enough to push me every time at first sector on every damn corner. On sector two they are gone somewhere behind.

Back