PCCP CHAMPIONSHIP = Finished

• Thread starter Mr Grumpy
  • 523 comments
GT4 hard to drive to me even in PC2. Still trying to find good balance with Cayman.
Since playing PC2 with no aids (wheel or controller) I've found all cars to be better balanced even if they're supposed to have aids in real life, just adjust the brake balance & pressure to your liking so you're in control but can force a lock up if you need to. It's probably placebo but it really feels like the aids were an afterthought on top of the physics engine which causes weird balance behaviour, since turning aids off this game has come alive for me, it's taken time to get used to it but it's been worth it.

Last edited:
GT4 hard to drive to me even in PC2. Still trying to find good balance with Cayman.

I love the Cayman GT4 in pCARS2 - I'd go as far as to say it's one of my favourite cars in the game. The Ginetta GT4 though - can't get my head around that one at all...

Since playing PC2 with no aids (wheel or controller) I've found all cars to be better balanced even if they're supposed to have aids in real life, just adjust the brake balance & pressure to your liking so you're in control but can force a lock up if you need to. It's probably placebo but it really feels like the aids were an afterthought on top of the physics engine which causes weird balance behaviour, since turning aids off this game has come alive for me, it's taken time to get used to it but it's been worth it.

It's the SC that ruins it for me, I'll often use ABS if it's available, and sometimes a tickle of TC depending on the car, but the SC might as well be labelled "make the car slow". Horrible.

I don't run any aids, after troubles with abs I had year ago, i have decided to turn everything off and focus on set ups. Here I have difficulty to balance loose behaviour and stable midcorner, since car just keep oversteer there heavily. If adjust suspension in this regard, it becomes slightly heavier on a feel, which in return always makes me turning too much or at least go through slowly.

I don't run any aids, after troubles with abs I had year ago, i have decided to turn everything off and focus on set ups. Here I have difficulty to balance loose behaviour and stable midcorner, since car just keep oversteer there heavily. If adjust suspension in this regard, it becomes slightly heavier on a feel, which in return always makes me turning too much or at least go through slowly.

Try higher rear camber, lower front camber. I always found that setting alone can stabilise a car (possibly with a 2 degree difference)

Also I find a higher lsd preload can help with mid corner balance.

@Mr Grumpy Yes, preload helps, but the line become very wide and the more preload, the more chance to lose control off throttle to kerbs and bumps, because differential reacts on that difference too. I'm only for month since found out good numbers to attack kerbs like a pro, don't want to loose it:)

I'll try chamber though. Wonder if you know what ranges are good? Myself usually use higher front about 2+ and rear on FR like 1.8.

Last edited:
@Mr Grumpy Yes, preload helps, but the line become very wide and the more preload, the more chance to lose control off throttle to kerbs and bumps, because differential reacts on that difference too. I'm only for month since found out good numbers to attack kerbs like a pro, don't want to loose it:)

I'll try chamber though. Wonder if you know what ranges are good? Myself usually use higher front about 2+ and rear on FR like 1.8.

Depends on the car & default setups, but I normally try to have between 1 & 2 degrees difference between front and back (higher at the back) if you get any understeer you can always gain a bit more turn in by lowering the front roll bar.

Some cars come with really high camber at default like in the 3.5 range so I'll leave the rear & drop the front down to 2.5 or 2.

All this being said, this is what I used to do when I used abs, now I don't I'm quite comfortable using default settings loose or stable. I've not touched any setups during the PCCP championship.

True, but I like to experiment and finding something that fits my style. When I had started VGTA league, and took RSR it was like everyone claimed slowest in class. By the end of championship I was untouchable at twisty tracks and could hold up on high speeds too. Having more from a car is what I want, that's why bothering with settings.

I was doing it right now :)
What a combo 👍
I never thought racing against AI can be so fun. I definitelly will do career mde when everybody move to PS5.
Sorry for delay and my time is
3D6B51BD-89ED-460E-9AFF-6F0976E3AB38.jpeg

Last edited:
Don't wait for me on this one, slipped in the shower and hurt my back over the weekend. Might be a few days at best before I can post a time, which is annoying becuase in TT mode I was right on the pace with @Morgoth_666. I'll try and get something in but like I say, don't wait for me.

Hope you will get better dude.
Guys please be patient and wait for @gregc . It's only two races left, we have the same amount of points and I would like to have a fair battle. BTW, greg, my result is more or less identical Morgoth's, but I did to many mistakes in this race and hope I can do better. So greg, keep going :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the thoughts guys, much appreciated :).

Hopefully it will start to ease up over the next couple of days, just trying to keep it moving a little at the moment.
Word of advice... Despite how much pain you're in do not take pain killers as this can mask the pain & you could end up doing more harm thinking it's healed. Just grit your teeth, ride it out & let it heal naturally.

Word of advice... Despite how much pain you're in do not take pain killers as this can mask the pain & you could end up doing more harm thinking it's healed. Just grit your teeth, ride it out & let it heal naturally.

Good advice mate, and that's exactly what I'm doing - it's not unbearable, and this way my body will tell me what it can cope with.

Thanks again :)

I have neurology on back and I would say it is a bad advice. Organism sometimes can not handle pain for too long, even if you feel it's tolerable. I have once spend all day ignoring a pain and fall unconscious from pain shock.
@gregc Dunno if it is related to the case, but I advice to not avoid painkillers completely.

Last edited:
I have neurology on back and I would say it is a bad advice. Organism sometimes can not handle pain for too long, even if you feel it's tolerable. I have once spend all day ignoring a pain and fall unconscious from pain shock.
@gregc Dunno if it is related to the case, but I advice to not avoid painkillers completely.

It wouldn't be the internet if you didn't get conflicting advice :lol: In all seriousness - if the pain becomes very bad I'll of course take something, but at that point I'll also be off to see the doc too (if that's even possible at the moment....). Right now while I'm sitting or standing/walking it's an ache more than anything else. Sudden movements are out though!

Latest Posts

Back