PD expecting too much from gamers?

  • Thread starter Thread starter niceness-dk
  • 109 comments
  • 8,822 views
What PD needs to add in is some kind of race generator where you can use the custom track editor and then select whatever kind of cars you want to race against and get a set amount of XP/credits based on that.

Frankly I'm pretty bored of being forced to re-race Daytona until I hit 30 or 40. The game is fine up until level 25, but then there are NO races to be had.

Your not foreced to re race Daytona.... go race GRand Valley 300km, the Le Mans 24h, the Sunday Cup if you want. Every race earns EXP so drive different races with differnt cars and enjoy it. Challenge yourself by giving yourself a stock MX5 and trying the MX5 championship. Try doing races iwht manual gears (if you don't already). Challenge yourself on other races and earn EXP while getting better and enjoying the game?
 
Your not foreced to re race Daytona.... go race GRand Valley 300km, the Le Mans 24h, the Sunday Cup if you want. Every race earns EXP so drive different races with differnt cars and enjoy it. Challenge yourself by giving yourself a stock MX5 and trying the MX5 championship. Try doing races iwht manual gears (if you don't already). Challenge yourself on other races and earn EXP while getting better and enjoying the game?

But wouldn't it be nice if the endurance race rewarded you for your hours of effort?

Two hours on Grand Valley earns you less than 10 minutes the Indy Speedway, does that seem balanced to you?
 
But wouldn't it be nice if the endurance race rewarded you for your hours of effort?

Two hours on Grand Valley earns you less than 10 minutes the Indy Speedway, does that seem balanced to you?

+1 on the cash reward POW..

You are rewarded the XP for the time spent though. What's wrong, IMO, is that you are not rewarded for being in a higher level. You get the same reward when you are lvl 25 as you get when you are lvl 35.. Maybe that should be changed. It's really waste of time to spend 10 minutes racing Sunday Cup and get 1000 xp and 13.000 cr., when you need 821.000 xp to get to the next level. The gap between lvl 39 and 40 is 5.900.000 xp!
 
But wouldn't it be nice if the endurance race rewarded you for your hours of effort?

Two hours on Grand Valley earns you less than 10 minutes the Indy Speedway, does that seem balanced to you?

Not balanced no, but surely the aim of this game is to enjoy driving the cars? Getting experience and leveling up is a by product?

If you play call of duty online you'll know that playing team deathmatch gets less XP than domination or demolition but each mode has their different merrits and is enjoyable for what it is. Earning XP is a nice little by product that earns more cars(GT5) guns(Cod) moves(pokemon).
 
+1 on the cash reward POW..

You are rewarded the XP for the time spent though. What's wrong, IMO, is that you are not rewarded for being in a higher level. You get the same reward when you are lvl 25 as you get when you are lvl 35.. Maybe that should be changed. It's really waste of time to spend 10 minutes racing Sunday Cup and get 1000 xp and 13.000 cr., when you need 821.000 xp to get to the next level. The gap between lvl 39 and 40 is 5.900.000 xp!

If your sole aim of the game is to get to level 40, platinum trophy the game and then put it to bed then yes maybe the sunday cup is pointless. For me i just want a game i can enjoy playing for the next few years, if i get to 40 then awesome, if not then well i will have spent a good few years enjoying the game getting close.

I'm only level 17 on a spec and 12 on b spec and i'm not in any rush. I'm still spending time enjoying stuff like the french car trophy as each of the different renaultsports is a hoot to drive!
 
I will say that i do think the online portion of the game should be changed to allow XP earning/gambling and cash earning/gambling. Such as wagering XP or your cash on the outcome of the race. Even putting cars up as prizes
 
Not balanced no, but surely the aim of this game is to enjoy driving the cars? Getting experience and leveling up is a by product?

If you play call of duty online you'll know that playing team deathmatch gets less XP than domination or demolition but each mode has their different merrits and is enjoyable for what it is. Earning XP is a nice little by product that earns more cars(GT5) guns(Cod) moves(pokemon).

True. I just feel that it's an aspect that could be looked at for revision.
 
If you can't beat a challenge, use some minor driving aids just to beat it and then come back and beat it without the aids once you get better.
 
If your sole aim of the game is to get to level 40, platinum trophy the game and then put it to bed then yes maybe the sunday cup is pointless. For me i just want a game i can enjoy playing for the next few years, if i get to 40 then awesome, if not then well i will have spent a good few years enjoying the game getting close.

I'm only level 17 on a spec and 12 on b spec and i'm not in any rush. I'm still spending time enjoying stuff like the french car trophy as each of the different renaultsports is a hoot to drive!

I'm not gonna put the game away for the next years. I'm just more of a time trial-guy. Wanna drive all the cars around the 'Ring, but that doesn't get me anywhere in this game.

I rushed to lvl 30 because I was curious to try the X1. I'm not frustrated that I can't get it at this time. I just think that the difficult varies too much. It has been to easy until now, where it is too hard and too repetitive. The thought that you have to do the whole a-spec mode all over just to get from lvl 39 to 40 is killing me. But most likely PD let us get xp from online races.
 
but surely the aim of this game is to enjoy driving the cars?

Exactly the problem. XP gets in the way of the point of the game.
 
I don't think PD thought this reward/unlock thing through. I can't believe they expect people to know to get the 24hr version of the Nurburgring you have to Silver every part of the Intermediate AMG school Special Event. Why is this beautiful version of an epic track locked from all players at the start? And it would still be locked for those who can squeak by with a Bronze. It's total crap that they did this.

One of my friends is a big GT fan and he's also handicapped. I've always gone to his house to play games with him and unlock things for him. Now that he has moved away we still get on our PS3s and play games. In some online portions of games I can get online with him and while playing help him earn XP points towards new stuff to unlock. But with GT he will forever be stuck with no way to unlock that cool 24hr track. It's hard to believe but there are people who love GT who just aren't that good at the game. I cannot believe Kaz or PD would choose to make a game system where they totally leave these fans locked out. I don't like that one bit. :(
 
i don't think pd thought this reward/unlock thing through. I can't believe they expect people to know to get the 24hr version of the nurburgring you have to silver every part of the intermediate amg school special event. Why is this beautiful version of an epic track locked from all players at the start? And it would still be locked for those who can squeak by with a bronze. It's total crap that they did this.

One of my friends is a big gt fan and he's also handicapped. I've always gone to his house to play games with him and unlock things for him. Now that he has moved away we still get on our ps3s and play games. In some online portions of games i can get online with him and while playing help him earn xp points towards new stuff to unlock. But with gt he will forever be stuck with no way to unlock that cool 24hr track. It's hard to believe but there are people who love gt who just aren't that good at the game. I cannot believe kaz or pd would choose to make a game system where they totally leave these fans locked out. I don't like that one bit. :(

+1 !!
 
Hey dudes, things are challenging. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?!?!

Please fix.


Also give me the X-1 race car without effort cuz this is getting absurd. Srsly PD dudes.
 
Grinding is a proven gaming mechanism that rewards long term play but I don't think the game is furnished with enough variation to make the amount of racing needed to progress to X1 levels, well, fun...

With games like Call of Duty, the multiplayer aspect adds longevity to the game and this could - and should - be the case with GT5 but I'm sorry to say PD missed the boat with their online offering.

Multiplayer would have been a great way to boost xp after finishing the extreme races while progressing toward the X1, skills perfected, courses learned with the infinite possibility that human opponents can offer.

Agreed, as much as the online racing isn't always perfect with lag and so on, gaining the same XP as in the single player game when taking part seems like a very common sense, fun approach to me. I'm only at a lowly level 15 cos I've not had much time to dedicate to the game sadly, and frankly most of the A-Spec events, as in previous games, don't appeal to me all that much, I do struggle to make myself play them all. Really, I just love this game for time trialling, online races against real, skilled opponents, and just doing silly things like watching back replays and trying to take nice photos. Racing in some of these events (like the big American 'trucks') is difficult to do first time round, and even the better races get tiresome after even just a few goes, it's dis-heartening to think I'm gonna have to race and re race over and over again the same events just so I can buy a car I really want to take it into Practice.
 
Your not foreced to re race Daytona.... go race GRand Valley 300km, the Le Mans 24h, the Sunday Cup if you want. Every race earns EXP so drive different races with differnt cars and enjoy it. Challenge yourself by giving yourself a stock MX5 and trying the MX5 championship. Try doing races iwht manual gears (if you don't already). Challenge yourself on other races and earn EXP while getting better and enjoying the game?

None of those are challenging though, that's the issue. All they are is a HUGE time sink. I can spend 1 hour an get the same result compared to spending 2 hours and getting half the xp/credits.

The game just needs more content that's the issue, that or better rewards for the effort you put into the game.

As for trying to get to 40 as fast as possible, that's not the point: the point is that there is no real reward after completing the extreme events. Sure you can do endurance races, but until they are patched to allow you to save/pause, those are a huge HUGE waste of time. It seems silly that for a game with 40 levels, once you hit ~25 you've basically done every racing event there is.
 
Last edited:
Why would anyone expect to be given an X1 if they cant competently put it around the track? What good is the car if they are unable to drive it?

The challenge is to teach you the car, the reward for learning it is being given the car.
I get that the car is really hard to learn, which is as it should be, theres nothing else in the game like it, you SHOULD have to put some time in to learn how to use it.

If you arent good enough at using the car to recieve it, then you can wait until level 40 to buy it.

I dont see the problem here.
 
Maybe PD could make the X1 available in arcade mode

This is a fine point: everything must be available in arcade mode like in Forza for two reasons:

* to test drive any car before you buy it

* to be able make a lap with every car in game without spending two years and earning 2 billions ingame dollars to buy all of those 20 mil cars and the rest of 900 which are not in your garage.

And anyway X1 is a fake car, so why do your bother so much about it?
 
Last edited:
I have to say i have no interest in driving the X1 it just looks stupid and unrealistic flying around the track at a zillion mph:tdown:👎

Online XP and CR are the way forward for gt....!
 
it does set the bar a bit high, for everyone, but the absolute elite gamers.

That's how it should be imo. The X1 isn't a toy. Only the elite should have the privilege to win it.
 
The challenge is to teach you the car, the reward for learning it is being given the car.

I dont see the problem here.

That's because you're not even addressing the issue. Poor game design and skill are unrelated.
 
Only the elite should have the privilege to win it.

As for me I haven't found GT5 physics refined in one row with the best simulators and that's why I don't feel like spending hours hot lapping.

I do it in another games but GT5 is more about pure fan, like racing with opponents and so on.

Spending hours to build your racing line with inches precision and master the control of this particular car are simply not in the main focus of the game
 
my gawd... instant gratification generation... want everything given, don't want to work for anything... I feel sad for our youth. sad. 👎
 
Getting gold does require perfection but so does the license tests. Bronze is easy as long as you have some experience with the F1 cars. Nurburgring GP was by far the hardest simply because I'm terrible at that track in any car.

Good luck to controller users though.
 
As for me I haven't found GT5 physics refined in one row with the best simulators and that's why I don't feel like spending hours hot lapping.

I do it in another games but GT5 is more about pure fan, like racing with opponents and so on.

Spending hours to build your racing line with inches precision and master the control of this particular car are simply not in the main focus of the game
Didn't you ever do the online TT's in GT5p?
 
Being at best average on racing games I find that GT5 is the first GT game where I am unlikely to at least Bronze all the licenses. The S license Overtaking tests are becoming a pain (S-8 is my sticking point at the moment). The Alfa is noticeably slower that the last cars you need to pass for the Bronze. Bring back an S License where you need to beat a fast lap. There seems too much emphasis on overtaking. I know you need to overtake, but in a race you can if necessary get "creative" without getting disqualified. Frustrating...

Same with the Camper Van event. I can't see myself Gold-ing that and I won't even mention the Elise event (gave up in disgust). Can't see any danger of my having the TG Test track available in Arcade and Practice. Having said that the Advanced TG Event was ridiculously easy in comparison. I Gold-ed it in only a few attempts. I just drove flat out all the way around.
 
Being at best average on racing games I find that GT5 is the first GT game where I am unlikely to at least Bronze all the licenses. The S license Overtaking tests are becoming a pain (S-8 is my sticking point at the moment). The Alfa is noticeably slower that the last cars you need to pass for the Bronze. Bring back an S License where you need to beat a fast lap. There seems too much emphasis on overtaking. I know you need to overtake, but in a race you can if necessary get "creative" without getting disqualified. Frustrating...

Same with the Camper Van event. I can't see myself Gold-ing that and I won't even mention the Elise event (gave up in disgust). Can't see any danger of my having the TG Test track available in Arcade and Practice. Having said that the Advanced TG Event was ridiculously easy in comparison. I Gold-ed it in only a few attempts. I just drove flat out all the way around.

Buy a steering wheel...
 
my gawd... instant gratification generation... want everything given, don't want to work for anything... I feel sad for our youth. sad. 👎
👍 I am one of those youth so its not always true, but the fact of the matter is that everyone would be complaining if there wasn't any grinding just as much.
If everyone had reached the end of the game and unlocked everything just 2 weeks after release, NOONE would be happy with that final product. There would be countless threads complaining about the 5 year wait etc. etc.
I personally won't leave an event until I gold it and its not like I have a ton of time to play. I work 60 hrs a week and go to school 4 nights a week.
Just be patient, realize that the game is an experience in and of itself and that noone should be able to afford or earn an f1 car (let alone a prototype) overnight.
 
my gawd... instant gratification generation... want everything given, don't want to work for anything... I feel sad for our youth. sad. 👎

That entire post is a huge assumption that I would bet is wrong. There's reality, and then there's fantasy. They each have a set of rules.
 
what at first seems impossible or even extremely difficult is not really so. What is required is an investment of time so that you learn the particular track and how to drive it. Racing around any track over and over will teach your hands and feet how to win. You can look at a track and even have it memorized but this won't make you successful. You'll know when your hands and feet catch on when you lap times keep getting a little quicker , and then it's like your in the zone. You have solved that track.
At least that's how it is for me
 
Last edited:
I personally won't leave an event until I gold it and its not like I have a ton of time to play. I work 60 hrs a week and go to school 4 nights a week.

The good chances are when GT6 come out you will be still in the middle of GT5
 
Back