Pd

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_Monkey
  • 19 comments
  • 1,277 views

GTP_Monkey

May the force be with you
Premium
Messages
3,024
England
Top Valley, NG5
Why oh why didnt PD make the Mclaren MP4 handle anything like it did in top gear ?
 
The one time I got to drive one (special licenses in SSR5 last one I think.) I loved it I came 2nd.
 
Why oh why didnt PD make the Mclaren MP4 handle anything like it did in top gear ?

It seems as if you watched Top Gear yesterday. Sebastian Vettel was faster than The Stig and faster than the other F1 drivers that have driven on the Top Gear Test Track.
 
it feels better stock with sport softs than the 458 on the same tyres but I have to say both are very good
 
It's appears you are confusing handling with driver ability.
 
The car has been tweaked hundreds of times since GT was released, the version PD drove probably had much less technical aid(as pointed out during the lap on TG), however I disagree. The car handles fantastic and is my favorite Premium in GT5.
 
Ferrari_1996
It seems as if you watched Top Gear yesterday. Sebastian Vettel was faster than The Stig and faster than the other F1 drivers that have driven on the Top Gear Test Track.

Good to know.

Anyone who hasn't watched Top Gear yet can find out what they missed out on right hear.
 
It seems as if you watched Top Gear yesterday. Sebastian Vettel was faster than The Stig and faster than the other F1 drivers that have driven on the Top Gear Test Track.

Yes Vettel did an amazing lap.

It's appears you are confusing handling with driver ability.

Deffinateley not confusing watch the show even clarkson admitted the handling is something else and when the stig drove it, the lap time was the second fastest ever done on the top gear track. during the show it showed how the suspension worked and the affects over bumps and no other car in or even near its class can match the ride either. In game its good but not exceptional unlike its older brother.

Go watch the show.

Edit : been tuning and playing with it for the last 3 hours and made quite a few improvements will add nurburgring lap times soon against the F1
 
Last edited:
Deffinateley not confusing watch the show even clarkson admitted the handling is something else and when the stig drove it, the lap time was the second fastest ever done on the top gear track. during the show it showed how the suspension worked and the affects over bumps and no other car in or even near its class can match the ride either. In game its good but not exceptional unlike its older brother.

Go watch the show.

I did watch it. Point is it looked clean and tidy because it was being driven clean and tidy, if they wanted to make it look like it handles badly they could of. If you change your driving style in GT5 then it will probably handle better.
 
I did watch it. Point is it looked clean and tidy because it was being driven clean and tidy, if they wanted to make it look like it handles badly they could of. If you change your driving style in GT5 then it will probably handle better.


I dont see how you can judge my driving style in GT5 when you have never seen it :)

Im actually quite a smooth driver and attained what i believe some very good times around the ring in a whole plethora of cars, So i think it wise to weight and see what i come up with shortly.

Also remeber that mclaren did most of there testing on the top gear track which should influence this.
 
I dont see how you can judge my driving style in GT5 when you have never seen it :)

Im actually quite a smooth driver and attained what i believe some very good times around the ring in a whole plethora of cars, So i think it wise to weight and see what i come up with shortly.

I'm not saying your driving style is bad, it probably just doesn't suit the car. My usual driving style means I get on the throttle quite early and end up drifting out of corners or sliding into them. This works for me in a Pug 905 yet in a C9 I'll end up in the wall so I change the way I drive to accommodate the quirks of the car.
 
I'm not saying your driving style is bad, it probably just doesn't suit the car. My usual driving style means I get on the throttle quite early and end up drifting out of corners or sliding into them. This works for me in a Pug 905 yet in a C9 I'll end up in the wall so I change the way I drive to accommodate the quirks of the car.

I fully understand what your saying, I'm off now to do the 4 nurburgring endurance in it so that shouild give time to aclimatise to and will post the fastest lap.

Edit : going to do 20 laps of the nordshliefe instead as my F1 lap lap times where on there.
 
Last edited:
I think the MP4 sounds just awful in GT5, nothing like it did on Top Gear.


:(
 
Its clear the one pd put in the game was a development mule and its future handling and final spec were unclear. Maybe they could fix it in an update to make it like the one on sale now.
 
Ok ive had 6 hours driving and tuning this car today and heres my best round the ring 6,31.334 thats with all parts from the tuning shop BUT no engine bhp increases, oil change and its now at 603 bhp. 11 secs slower than my F1.

I started with a tune from the tuning section and have changed it quite a lot to suit my style of driving and i believe its pretty good now not as sure footed as the F! and not as easy to drive as the Italia but here is the tune let me know what you think.

McLaren MP4-12C '10

Aerodynamics: 0/28


Transmission how to process:
1- Select .reset to default
2- Select final gear at 3600 .
3- Select top speed at 390 km/h = 242,3 mph
4- Set each gear at this ratio:
1: 3845
2: 2708
3: 2030
4: 1613
5: 1313
6: 1097
7: 0943
It give a top speed above on the right of 372 kmh = 231,2 mph


Drivetrain: (front/rear)
Initial Torque: 0/10
Acceleration: 0/33
Deceleration: 0/20

Suspension: (front/rear)
Ride Height: -15/00
Spring Rates: 15.4/15.8
Dampers Extension: 8/7
Dampers Compression: 6/7
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/4
Camber: 3.0/2.0
Toe: -0.12/-0.18

Brake Balance (front/rear): 7/7
 
I have a question, not about the MP4-12C specifically, but about brake balance. Does it actually make a difference if you change the balance from, say, 5/5 to 7/7 or 2/2?
 
If say you have it at default 5/5 and find your car rear end wants to wag its arse under hard braking up the rear setting a couple of digits and it should make you brake hard and also in a strait line.
 
ucwepn
Its clear the one pd put in the game was a development mule and its future handling and final spec were unclear. Maybe they could fix it in an update to make it like the one on sale now.

Have you read the write up.
Put the car in demo mode and they basically say the same as the top gear guys.
They say it's better in performance than the 458.

When I drive both cars I find it to be opposite.
 
I think it suffers from the generic PD suspension settings with strange camber and toe values.
 
I have not driven it, but have driven the Veyron when I first won it. It didn't seem to handle nearly as well as I expected based on the Top Gear performance.

I didn't know the MP4-12C was that good. I'll have to try it out some time ;)
 
Back