Pedal compatibility

• Thread starter Colm McC
  • 3 comments
Ireland
Ireland
This is probably an out-of-date question, but is it possible to get fanatec csl load cell pedals to work with GT5 on ps3 with logitec g27 wheel.

The only possible way I can imagine that being done is with Drive Hub. Plug the G27 into Drive Hub's Controller port, & then plug the CSL's USB cable into either the Wheel or Accessory ports. Drive Hub should now combine the pedals with the G27, convincing the PS3 it's a G27 pedal set.

However, seeing as the CSL has a load cell I can't be sure that it would work at all because the G27 brake pedal doesn't have one. So, I'm not 100% on this...

Last edited:
Thanks for your help. Just for the background, I am putting together a sim for my 6 year old, who is a kart racer. We had a lend of a logitec g27 wheel and pedals for a few weeks which he was using on my old PlayStation 3 and gt5, on a coffee table and a kid chair. I want to build a rig with a kart seat. I have purchased a set of csl load cell pedals which came up s/h. He won't need the power of fanatec wheel but if this the most straight forward method I might just buy a new one. I was hoping to get away with a cheaper wheelbase for the moment.
What other good options do I have?

What other good options do I have?

It all depends what your budget is. If you have a look in the GT5 options menu, it will tell you what wheels are compatible with the game on that console. Unfortunately, mixing wheels & pedals sets from different manufacturers doesn't always work (unless an adapter exists for it). You can use Logitech pedal sets on older Fanatec wheels like the CSR with this adapter, but, it's no longer sold new. If the G27 wheel is working fine, then I'd say get a NIXIM V2 brake mod for it, it will feel like a load cell. I have that installed in my G25 pedal set, & it doesn't feel that far off my Fanatec CSR Elite pedals load cell brake.

Last edited:
Back