PENALTY SYSTEM IS STILL A PIECE OF ****!!!

While I got absolutely sideswiped to oblivion today I can’t say I got alot of SR downs for it though. (Could’ve raced alot better myself to avoid some of those situations but the problem just is that the lobbies I got put in today did not have any intention to leave room whatsoever).

While I got absolutely sideswiped to oblivion today I can’t say I got alot of SR downs for it though. (Could’ve raced alot better myself to avoid some of those situations but the problem just is that the lobbies I got put in today did not have any intention to leave room whatsoever).

sideswipes seem to have no affect. That’s probably a problem in and of itself. It seems to be more divebombing.

If you guys know that the penalty system is rubbish, why do you get into daily races and complain about it? You know you'll be in for a bad time so why bother? I don't bother anymore because I know that I'm going to be screwed over. And if I do enter a daily race, I won't complain about the idiotic penalties as I knew full well heading into the race that I'd get them. Just put up or shut up, nothing's going to change because PD simply doesn't want to make a competent system anymore. Hopefully it gets a complete overhaul for the next game or the same stuff will keep on happening.

If you guys know that the penalty system is rubbish, why do you get into daily races and complain about it? You know you'll be in for a bad time so why bother? I don't bother anymore because I know that I'm going to be screwed over. And if I do enter a daily race, I won't complain about the idiotic penalties as I knew full well heading into the race that I'd get them. Just put up or shut up, nothing's going to change because PD simply doesn't want to make a competent system anymore. Hopefully it gets a complete overhaul for the next game or the same stuff will keep on happening.

If everyone is like me, they know that they can progress if they get into a good room. I started 5th in about 3 rooms last night. Got a 2nd, 13th (punted) & 10th (also punted). Needless to say, I only gained DR in one race. We just need to vent our frustration about the other 2 races. Somewhere deep down, we wish & pray that PD is reading these grievances & are taking our input into consideration. It makes us feel better about the situation.

Similarly, why are you commenting on a subject you pretend to care nothing about? We are complaining because we want the game to be good, or better. We want the game to live up to it’s potential. I’m not entirely sure why you are.

Similarly, why are you commenting on a subject you pretend to care nothing about? We are complaining because we want the game to be good, or better. We want the game to live up to it’s potential. I’m not entirely sure why you are.
Adding to that,even with a very poor penalty system the game is still better than any other games I have tried. And even with the occasional infuriating dirty race the good times makes up the balance enough to make me want to race every day.

Adding to that,even with a very poor penalty system the game is still better than any other games I have tried. And even with the occasional infuriating dirty race the good times makes up the balance enough to make me want to race every day.

giphy.gif

Totally agree, Gt Sport has the best online experience, the whole reason we comment here is because there are some obvious flaws. If these would get fixed the entire experience would be superb, who would not want that?

Because if the primary goal of the product is the online experience and you deliver a POS online experience then the product is a failure. Seems to have missed the mark on what it was intended to do for entertainment. I've only been playing 2 months for some COVID boredom relief, so can't imagine what some of the long timers feel.

Because if the primary goal of the product is the online experience and you deliver a POS online experience then the product is a failure. Seems to have missed the mark on what it was intended to do for entertainment. I've only been playing 2 months for some COVID boredom relief, so can't imagine what some of the long timers feel.

We've watched the quality of the online play go downhill. In essence, we know that the gameplay can be better, but PD gives us the mess that we have today.

So after today's race C at Fuji I can see why people have left the game, especially ones who love to race from the back, you are almost guaranteed a penalty or three for nothing.

Hit a car from behind slightly, penalty to me even though they are still on track and still in front of me. :boggled:

Hit clean in the back, still my fault. :ouch:

Get pushed off track, shortcut penalty time. :banghead:

Contact not a big deal, can happen but I shouldn't get a shortcut penalty for it. :rolleyes:

The game even blames two cars for one incident now too. :eek:

I was helped around by a slight touch but can sort of understand why I get a penalty, the R4M driver is innocent though and gets the biggest penalty. :boggled:

There was more nonsense too, will add the videos in the next day or two.

Car moves over late and I make slight contact, bang that's a penalty. :lol:

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Track limits are part of the penalty system, right? Ugh. The track limits at La Sarthe don't even try to be consistent. Most tracks it's either keep two wheels inside the stripes or two wheels on the curbs, but here the definition of track limits changes depending on the corner. At Corvette and Porsche it's keep two wheels on the curbs, but try to take Indy or Dunlop like that and you'll get a penalty. At Mulsanne you can completely cut the apex and smash the bollards with no consequence, but if you straddle the curb at the apex of the kink before Indy that's a penalty? There's not even a stripe there. :rolleyes: And why are the curbs at the chicanes so far back from the stripe if I have to keep two wheels inside the lines?

Track limits are part of the penalty system, right? Ugh. The track limits at La Sarthe don't even try to be consistent. Most tracks it's either keep two wheels inside the stripes or two wheels on the curbs, but here the definition of track limits changes depending on the corner. At Corvette and Porsche it's keep two wheels on the curbs, but try to take Indy or Dunlop like that and you'll get a penalty. At Mulsanne you can completely cut the apex and smash the bollards with no consequence, but if you straddle the curb at the apex of the kink before Indy that's a penalty? There's not even a stripe there. :rolleyes: And why are the curbs at the chicanes so far back from the stripe if I have to keep two wheels inside the lines?
I think it's more of a factor that the real track manages those limits in the same way, it's driven by where advantages would be gained if the limits were not in place, not simple definitions that apply to all 8.5 miles. And I think that because it's so long, it stands to reason that there will be more variation in the applying of the limits. It does create some challenges, though! I got a track limits penalty for nearly losing it after the kink on the entry to Indianapolis during the Supra event... I was already penalized for the tank slapper, but had to serve the time penalty as well, which hurt. I wasn't even sure at which point I really crossed the limit, but it doesn't ever surprise me at Sarthe because they are notoriously brutal in places there, and you're likely to find where those places are each time you race there.

I think it's more of a factor that the real track manages those limits in the same way, it's driven by where advantages would be gained if the limits were not in place, not simple definitions that apply to all 8.5 miles. And I think that because it's so long, it stands to reason that there will be more variation in the applying of the limits. It does create some challenges, though! I got a track limits penalty for nearly losing it after the kink on the entry to Indianapolis during the Supra event... I was already penalized for the tank slapper, but had to serve the time penalty as well, which hurt. I wasn't even sure at which point I really crossed the limit, but it doesn't ever surprise me at Sarthe because they are notoriously brutal in places there, and you're likely to find where those places are each time you race there.

Sarthe is trial and error to find the limits which have little to do with whether you gain and advantage or not. You can get away with plenty cuts that gain you time, while getting penalized for cuts where you already lose time.

It's the same with many tracks. N24 is another one that's totally inconsistent. I've even seen cars there follow the exact same path, same speed following each other to the inch, one gets a shortcut penalty, the other goes free. Makes no sense.

And why are the curbs at the chicanes so far back from the stripe if I have to keep two wheels inside the lines?
I'll have to eat some crow on this one, I went and watched a qualifying highlight from the 2017 race and the stripes at the real track are even further from the curbs than they are in the game... but the overall complaint still stands.

I should also add that I was at fault for one bad incident earlier too, my game sort of jumped at just the wrong time and it wasn't because of a car quitting either as normally happens. Watching the replay is even stranger, my car shifts to 6th (I wouldn't and didn't do this) and does not start to brake until way after I tried to stop and so I hit a car on the way off track. :embarrassed: Also a number of other cars seem to act off at this point too, very odd. :boggled:

Of course the game gave the poor driver I hit the penalty otherwise it'd been ok for them.:banghead:

Found a little thing in daily races. The more you get SR, the more dirty drivers you find. Best races are found in the SR A from 70 to 80. Most of the guys in those races are those who loose SR in an unfair way so will drive super clean....
But when you get in S, some guys are just worth SR F

Amen!

Some views of the most silly penalty, and the the classic penalty for getting hit. This was quite a few of my races last week. Kept dropping back here trying to avoid contact after getting bombed on the other 90 degree left as well.
These are really penalties still?

Easy to understand here . . . you obviously brake checked the much faster (who was in a non-braking condition) driver behind you and on the turn you were obviously in the drivers way and he/she/it thought you wanted to leave your mark on that wall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Easy to understand here . . . you obviously brake checked the much faster (who was in a non-braking condition) driver behind you and on the turn you were obviously in the drivers way and he/she/it thought you wanted to leave your mark on that wall.

Yeah, PD's obsession with punishing brake-checking is well known. And according to PD you can now brake-check even when going full throttle and not even looking at the brake. :lol: Another proof that the system doesn't give a 🤬 about control inputs at the moment of contact. And the penalty for the, I must say, perfectly executed dive bomb is just not even funny anymore. I seriously don't get it. They keep saying that the penalty system is only supposed to penalize the one benefiting from the incident, right? I can't seem to figure out what he gained from getting sent into a wall because that was not a penalty for hitting a wall. The more I watch it the more it just looks to me that the one gaining from the dive bomb was the 🤬 dive bomber. But what do I know, I'm not a racing driver or a game developer. But to be fair, he might have been rear-ended, we don't know. The penalty for it is still a joke though.

But to be fair, he might have been rear-ended, we don't know.

Awesome point! It is totally possible that he was executing a smooth turn and was punted. It is hard for me but I try not to get too angry and often wait until the replay to get the entire story (did you notice I said "often" not "always"). I alsorealize it is too late then to complain to them.

Yeah, PD's obsession with punishing brake-checking is well known. And according to PD you can now brake-check even when going full throttle and not even looking at the brake. :lol: Another proof that the system doesn't give a 🤬 about control inputs at the moment of contact. And the penalty for the, I must say, perfectly executed dive bomb is just not even funny anymore. I seriously don't get it. They keep saying that the penalty system is only supposed to penalize the one benefiting from the incident, right? I can't seem to figure out what he gained from getting sent into a wall because that was not a penalty for hitting a wall. The more I watch it the more it just looks to me that the one gaining from the dive bomb was the 🤬 dive bomber. But what do I know, I'm not a racing driver or a game developer. But to be fair, he might have been rear-ended, we don't know. The penalty for it is still a joke though.

He gained an unfair speed advantage which should be penalized directly. It's his own fault hitting the wall after, should learn to steer :crazy:

Yeah, those were the oddest ones. I know why I got them, or at least why the system issued them for contact, but the ones for getting blasted through the corners and head on into the wall are just absolutely stupid. Especially since in many cases the punter has already passed me an driven away when I get the penalty. Still astounded I can get a brake check penalty while full on accelerator with no brake!
I did fine in the races in the end, but this stuff just keeps making it much harder than it had to be.

And yeah, the dive-bomber isn't malicious, just doesn't know where to brake. He plowed into the walls at those 90 degree turns multiple times in the race, even with no one in front of him.

So here is more penalty greatness but was this driver just lucky or do they know how the system works because you can bet if I did all of these contacts I'd get the penalty all three times but for them it was their opponent, two on me. :ouch:

Ok so they were not at fault for the last one but it's not even a situation that needs a penalty. Also it seems the penalty amount is just randomly generated too. :rolleyes:

See, I was hit here just like the 3rd video but it was my fault of course and not the driver behind, not that it should ever be a penalty anyway.

To be fair to this driver though they waited as I served my penalty because it was nonsense and later beat me fairly. 👍

Last edited:
So here is more penalty greatness but was this driver just lucky or do they know how the system works because you can bet if I did all of these contacts I'd get the penalty all three times but for them it was their opponent, two on me. :ouch:

Ok so they were not at fault for the last one but it's not even a situation that needs a penalty. Also it seems the penalty amount is just randomly generated too. :rolleyes:

See, I was hit here just like the 3rd video but it was my fault of course and not the driver behind, not that it should ever be a penalty anyway.

To be fair to this driver though they waited as I served my penalty because it was nonsense and later beat me fairly. 👍

you can almost think that the system is rigged towards certain players , for example the T1 exit , you and the german guy are in the exact same situation where you get both sneezed at on your rear bumper at the corner exit , but the penalty doesnt go the same way

Back