PENALTY SYSTEM IS STILL A PIECE OF ****!!!

I have already ordered ACC and can't wait to play it.
I play AC and PC2 on a wheel but since I don't take the GTsport physics seriously I just stick to the controller.
I don't mind the door bashing and being leaned on, that's racing but being handed a penalty because someone bashed into me is ridiculously annoying.
I love playing GT5, the tracks,cars and physics are great for a simcade racer but GTsport lacks soul and any decent rules that keeps the racing clean and fun.

That's me out again. What a joke this game is. How can a system be created to punish the people who have been hit.

I am not quick and couldn't care less if I finish 1st, 5th or 15th. Just want a decent race.

Prefer wreckfest where you get rewarded for bashing fellow competitors. The online gaming isn't too bad.

Is PD actually aware how bad the current system is, or do they only see the over 40% increase in weekly active players since March 14th...
FEvuNIW.png

https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?stat_preset=weekly_sport_activity

Why fix it when your numbers are up like that! My GTS time has gone down 90% at least. Last time I played was Monday, couple races at Big Willow before people got overconfident again or skilled in how to ram through by giving the other car a penalty.

It seems more and more people that want decent races are avoiding sport mode, thus what's left becomes more and more chaotic. PD penalty logic + Corona bred a super bug!

They can't be happy it's like it is surely, no matter the numbers playing right now, I reckon the numbers playing would be even higher at the moment with even an old version of the penalty system, nevermind one that worked better.

I've been meaning to run from the back at Interlagos in any Gr3 car all week just for some stupid penalty videos mainly but they'd probably depress me after a while. :indiff:

After a few weeks carefully protecting my DR/SR from the garbage in Daily Races, and focusing only on FIA events, made the mistake of jumping back into the Dailies at Red Bull ring yesterday... that was a mistake.

The ignorant jerk featured torpedoing me and others in this video proceeded to ruin my race, and between this and the next race with similar *******s acting the same, I ended up with a 71SR in just two races, never once committing a true foul of any sort. And dropping 2000 DR in the process. It's toxic. These idiots should be banned from B and above rooms. Period. PD should find a way to see that it would be managed that way.

(and before anyone suggests that he just cooked it into the turn... rest assured, he did it again and worse over and over throughout the race, in different scenarios)

And then while racing the "SR Rehabilitation Series Invitiationals" at Big Willow, to try to correct the SR score, you deal with similar nonsense, as highlighted here. Pinballed and then penalized for hitting an idiot who came right back onto the track unsafely, and there goes two more races worth of SR, a three-race (1-hour) problem to deal with, again, no fault of mine. The system is screwed up, for sure.

As fun as GT Sport is, I'd pay for an 'elite' community where the SR system was actually policed and idiots like this (from any country) were left off the grid. I guess we get what we pay for.

Let's face it, the lockdown has brought people back to GTsport not because it is good but because nothing else rivals it on PS4 in terms of playing online.

The servers and racing is plenty and the game play is easy to a certain level.

You cannot beat competing against your fellow man or woman.

That said, when the rules is stacked against you why bother.

Sorry GTsport I gave you another chance and you blew it.

Message to the developers, ACC is coming to take your crown so GT7 better be mind blowing

@KosmoKazi I have only done the Big Willow race once, and I was absolutely missiled off at that same corner (just before you turn left to go up the hill). I was hit so hard I think I came out onto the track at the other side.

It’s the only race I’ve quit so far, and only because while trying to return I witnessed all manner of madness and was shunted again at the next corner... I despise the track anyway and will never actively race on it again, if I have a choice.

@KosmoKazi I have only done the Big Willow race once, and I was absolutely missiled off at that same corner (just before you turn left to go up the hill). I was hit so hard I think I came out onto the track at the other side.

It’s the only race I’ve quit so far, and only because while trying to return I witnessed all manner of madness and was shunted again at the next corner... I despise the track anyway and will never actively race on it again, if I have a choice.
Of all the crap I’ve seen, it’s actually been one of the better cleaner races for me, but I think it’s because I’ve been able to qualify up front most races, and drive ahead of the BS. This video was from one of the worse grid positions I’ve had, and for sure, if you are mid pack or back, there ain’t no getting up front after the first lap, and your odds of being cremated by an idiot are high.

you’ll notice I essentially concede 5th place on turn one at the start, to avoid SR problems, then the piranhas swarm, and it’s downhill from there. I tried to avoid confrontation if I didn’t start up front, and let them eat each other on the first lap, but in such a short race, if the sea doesn’t part after that, it’s pretty much game over from 4th back anyway. You really need a good start, launch control style with 4000 rpm and a clutch drop (let go of the brakes) just before the start lights go out.

Prefer wreckfest where you get rewarded for bashing fellow competitors. The online gaming isn't too bad.

I tried it out again after briefly playing months ago and I agree. It achieves what it sets out to do well (it is what it is). Where on the other hand, PD's claim of "Just like in real world driving, we want to reward those that drive, and race, clean." is questionable.

In Wreckfest, it didn't feel bad to be smashed into since it's part of the game and my experience of avoiding divebombing/general idiocy in GTS has proven to be invaluable, lol. People were also less likely to go full wrecking ball mode since it will inevitably end their race and car. In GTS, there's no damage simulation so many won't give a damn. For a game that encourages a demolition derby, I had some pretty clean and respectable battles with people. This seems to be happening less in GTS.

I really want to like GTS but lately, it's difficult to find enjoyment anymore. The game is married by an illogical penalty system with drivers who are exhibiting worse standards by the day. My patience for finding that 'elusive' clean lobby is wearing thin.

I tried it out again after briefly playing months ago and I agree. It achieves what it sets out to do well (it is what it is). Where on the other hand, PD's claim of "Just like in real world driving, we want to reward those that drive, and race, clean." is questionable.

In Wreckfest, it didn't feel bad to be smashed into since it's part of the game and my experience of avoiding divebombing/general idiocy in GTS has proven to be invaluable, lol. People were also less likely to go full wrecking ball mode since it will inevitably end their race and car. In GTS, there's no damage simulation so many won't give a damn. For a game that encourages a demolition derby, I had some pretty clean and respectable battles with people. This seems to be happening less in GTS.

I really want to like GTS but lately, it's difficult to find enjoyment anymore. The game is married by an illogical penalty system with drivers who are exhibiting worse standards by the day. My patience for finding that 'elusive' clean lobby is wearing thin.
I suspect that with cultural differences, the home market in Japan is a different story. I bet it’s clean and as intended…

I suspect that with cultural differences, the home market in Japan is a different story. I bet it’s clean and as intended…

I'm starting to suspect that as well. I guess in Japan everybody is so whipped into obedience by their culture and system that they just do as they're told. Who else would even consider watching two 3 minute videos as a sufficient qualification for racing? :lol:

I'm starting to suspect that as well. I guess in Japan everybody is so whipped into obedience by their culture and system that they just do as they're told. Who else would even consider watching two 3 minute videos as a sufficient qualification for racing? :lol:
I just think that there's an expectation of sportsmanship and honor that the game depends on, that most of the western world doesn't abide by. So they need to rethink it a bit. That, or like I said, I'd pay a small reasonable fee to play separate from the masses with more iRacing-like controls.

I only did a few races in the end (half from the back), the others on my GTP account because my pedals are acting up again (who knows how much time that's costing me) but did get this beauty in my last race. :rolleyes:

Also got dc'd in another race.:banghead:

You probably won't like this but even if it's his fault for not holding his line it's a very risky move and you shouldn't be surprised if it lands you a penalty.
And what was the deal in the next corner? Did you try to return the favour?

Edit: looked at your stats, and you should be allowed to expect better from your fellow racers in a so high tier

Last edited:
You probably won't like this but even if it's his fault for not holding his line it's a very risky move and you shouldn't be surprised if it lands you a penalty.
And what was the deal in the next corner? Did you try to return the favour?

I'm not blaming them for the penalty, its the stupid system, I wouldn't have got past anyway and the contact did nothing to either of us. Then I put a wheel on the grass as I was squeezed there and was not in control because of it but the game didn't even decide who was at fault for that, it just ignored it. If I'd have got a penalty for that it would have made more sense than the one I did get.

I'm not blaming them for the penalty, its the stupid system, I wouldn't have got past anyway and the contact did nothing to either of us. Then I put a wheel on the grass as I was squeezed there and was not in control because of it but the game didn't even decide who was at fault for that, it just ignored it. If I'd have got a penalty for that it would have made more sense than the one I did get.
I agree on that

Edit: when reading the interview with FIA about the penalties in GTS they are only supposed to trigger when someone is gaining from doing something not consistent with the rules of racińg.
I absolutely fail to see how any of you gained from that situation.

This (and @BaareCZ's video) exhibit lack of consistency with penalties and the punishment. A 1 sec penalty and -10 SR because another driver lightly tapped your inside (dumb in itself and complete nonsense). I've seen straight up malice, divebombing and punting give only SR down without a timed penalty. Once again, penalties not fitting the 'bills'.

Another thing that bothers me that seems possible to fix: giving my DR to guys that get past with penalty-deserving moves. Should be a way to eliminate that clean guys give up their DR to guys that get penalties. The cheaters are usually the ones that end up placing higher in too many races.

Another thing that bothers me that seems possible to fix: giving my DR to guys that get past with penalty-deserving moves. Should be a way to eliminate that clean guys give up their DR to guys that get penalties. The cheaters are usually the ones that end up placing higher in too many races.

That's why I've stopped caring about those things a looooong time ago. I could not care less about my rank in a game where you can win by gaming the penalty system and being a dirty 🤬. I will always race clean and therefore I will never be a top dog in GTS. I'm fine with that. The most important thing for me is to have fun races. And that doesn't happen anyway anymore because GTS has become a playground for complete morons. This game is dead anyway. You can tell from the support (or the lack thereof) it's getting.

Well the penalty system being what it is saw the birth of my R4M racing ID yet bizarrely it's the account I've encountered least amount of penalties on,
20 races so far and I can count the number of penalties on two hands.

The sport mode penalty system is indeed making me take the approach to play Sport Mode less so I am back to grinding my mileage exchange and daily workout's redoing the campaign races but it could always be worse we could be Forza Motorsport type of penalties!

It seems to me that PD have almost given up on trying to figure out what type of penalty system they want this game to be but nowadays I don't think about the effects to much, carnage is absolute in any Sport mode daily race so I just accept whatever gets 'dished' out but always live in hope that something might happen one day!

That's why I've stopped caring about those things a looooong time ago. I could not care less about my rank in a game where you can win by gaming the penalty system and being a dirty 🤬. I will always race clean and therefore I will never be a top dog in GTS. I'm fine with that. The most important thing for me is to have fun races. And that doesn't happen anyway anymore because GTS has become a playground for complete morons. This game is dead anyway. You can tell from the support (or the lack thereof) it's getting.

Same here, after months of complains and discussions in this thread, I just gave up on the system. I even reseted my SR and DR so I let the numbers go the way it is. Now I just race whatever the way the race is happening. A bunch of dirty jerks? I'll punt them all the way. Nice and clean overtakes? I'll give you the best version of my driving then.

Btw, I noticed that the DR-B and SR-S races were WAY dirtier than the ones after I reseted to D/E.

Back