PENALTY SYSTEM IS STILL A PIECE OF ****!!!

Penalty system is a disgrace right now, to the point where I'm 100% convinced some dudes are manipulating it.

It basically almost always give you a penalty if someone bumps you, but then proceeds to go off circuit or into a barrier...

I've seen it manipulated where a guy goes for an aggressive overtake coming out of the last turn at Barcelona, the other guy shuts the door fairly, so then he sort of taps the back of the guys car and purposely veers slightly off track to make sure his car touches the barrier... Next thing the other guy has a 5 second penalty.

There's one that happened to me yesterday, coming out of T1 at Goodwood, I'm on the inside line, a guy is off the circuit slightly ahead, and he comes flying back on wildly, bangs into me, then goes flying the other way, touches the barrier and what happens? 5.5 second penalty for me. I'll upload it later when I have time

I don't know. Penalty system is screwing with some things, but reset helps a bit. Got screwed after a cowboy kept turning into me on dragon trail. After 2 penalties in 2 laps from same driver turning in on me and spinning out I caught the unghosted driver crashing in the chicane. And a wonderful tixket to the pack of arseholes racing in the B and A SR lobbies. Lost 25 SR points in 3 races while manically driving solely to avoid contact and keep clean. That same 3 races saw 8 players get reset at the end over the total. Don't know what portal to hell I opened but dropped 4500 DR points and still stuck in A SR until I find a way to avoid abandoning all racing to get my SR up. Some people are just psycho cowboys and you have to deal with it. After that actually got 2 really good lobbies with only the random penalty pusher and recovered a bit, but still work to do. The vagaries of racing. Although if this was anything to go by avoid any Aussie with an A/DR and B/SR, pure smash and bash.

I wonder if next upgrade, they will be allowed to serve the penalty by lifting off at the next straight. By GT rules, that was a 0.5 second penalty, certainly no more than 1sec.

TBH I would only have penalised Vettle if there had been contact with Hamilton but both drove amazing to not contact and keep the battle alive only for the stewards to rob us of potentially the best finish of the season. At this stage they may as well go to single lap time trials because there is next to no racing now allowed in F1. We will never see another battle like Senna/Prost or Schuey/Mika etc.

I see the FIA applying GTS style penalties in F1 like the Canadian GP yesterday! :banghead:

I've seen this posted a few times now and it's just rubbish and shows that everyone who posts this is just copying something they have seen and think is funny and/or they have no idea of how the GT Sport penalty system works.

If you did what Vettel did in Sport you would never get a penalty, unsafe re-joins (whether in control or not) and crowding cars off the track are 100% allowed and always have been. The real funny thing here is if this did happen in Sport, is that every person posting the above comment and/or complaining about the Vettel penalty would want the driver doing this to them to actually get a penalty in GT Sport. ;)

I've seen this posted a few times now and it's just rubbish and shows that everyone who posts this is just copying something they have seen and think is funny and/or they have no idea of how the GT Sport penalty system works.

LMAO at you, first sorry to disappoint you but no I'm not copying and pasting it is my own thoughts, or are you saying anyone who makes a comment after the very first person to ever state something is just copying and pasting? :odd: Second the comment about it been a GTS penalty was a bit of sarcasm (yes you need to be able to understand sarcasm ;))

Oh and I wouldn't want anyone getting a penalty for what Vettle did but then I'm a racer so...

If you did what Vettel did in Sport you would never get a penalty, unsafe re-joins (whether in control or not) and crowding cars off the track are 100% allowed and always have been. The real funny thing here is if this did happen in Sport, is that every person posting the above comment and/or complaining about the Vettel penalty would want the driver doing this to them to actually get a penalty in GT Sport. ;)

GT Sport would have given a 0.5s penalty for the corner cut. What happened afterwards was absolutely fine (under GT Sport rules) ;)

What Hamilton needed to do was touch the back of Vettel and then touch the wall, giving him a further 5 second penalty :lol:

I know its been said many times but had enough of the SR down from being bump drafted now. I was leading the race at Dragon Trail and the car in 2nd spent an entire lap bump drafting me intentionally instead of going for a pass. I got a red SR for that taking me from an A to a B and he had a blue A. To then have him after the race saying that was fun, good race, lets play again sometime. I couldn't bring myself to respond!

GT Sport would have given a 0.5s penalty for the corner cut. What happened afterwards was absolutely fine (under GT Sport rules) ;)

I know it would lol. I was been sarcastic as in the penalty in real life F1 was a joke (IMO) and the penalty system in GTS is a joke. I wasn't saying the penalty IRL matched that of GTS just making a comment seen as the thread is titled " The penalty system is still a piece of **** " it seemed the best thread for it and was meant to highlight the fact that unfair penalties even take place at the top level of real motor sport. ;)

LMAO at you, first sorry to disappoint you but no I'm not copying and pasting it is my own thoughts, or are you saying anyone who makes a comment after the very first person to ever state something is just copying and pasting? :odd: Second the comment about it been a GTS penalty was a bit of sarcasm (yes you need to be able to understand sarcasm ;))

Oh and I wouldn't want anyone getting a penalty for what Vettle did but then I'm a racer so...

There are a lot of people who agree with you, on the Vettel penalty and on it being a Gt Sport penalty. The first I concede is a bit debateable on whether it was the right call or not and the place to argue that is the F1 thread but anyone who says it's a Gt Sport penalty is wrong and it is not funny or accurate or clever or sarcastic to call it a GT Sport penalty because you would not be penalized for that in GT Sport, all it is, is wrong.

There are plenty of things wrong with the Sport penalty system but here it will do exactly as you want it to, allow Vettel to do what he did without penalty, well unless it decided he needed a corner cut penalty and that would depend on his DR and SR at that particular time. ;)

To then have him after the race saying that was fun, good race, lets play again sometime. I couldn't bring myself to respond!

Harsh bud, yes bump drafting is so annoying

There are a lot of people who agree with you, on the Vettel penalty and on it being a Gt Sport penalty. The first I concede is a bit debateable on whether it was the right call or not and the place to argue that is the F1 thread but anyone who says it's a Gt Sport penalty is wrong and it is not funny or accurate or clever or sarcastic to call it a GT Sport penalty because you would not be penalized for that in GT Sport, all it is, is wrong. ;)

Okay wow look it was sarcasm as in the GTS penalty system is flawed and so is the real life F1 system/rules. Obviously you don't get it and we won't see eye to eye so for the sake of everyone else can we just leave it there :gtpflag:

What Hamilton needed to do was touch the back of Vettel and then touch the wall, giving him a further 5 second penalty :lol:

Only just saw your edit, lol so true :lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok back to Gt Sport penalty system then. Watch this on board. :lol:

Here from both cars point of view so you can actually see why I was given a penalty.

Now maybe I'm an idiot because this wasn't the only time this happened to me like this and got me a penalty and yet I kept on trying to overtake there but I can bet no real steward would ever give a penalty for any of them, then again no one knows for sure. :lol:

Now maybe I'm an idiot because this wasn't the only time this happened to me like this and got me a penalty and yet I kept on trying to overtake there but I can bet no real steward would ever give a penalty for any of them, then again no one knows for sure. :lol:

Harsh penalty, looked like you had the move done before the contact so racing incident IMO

It was a harsh penalty and I had completed the move before the contact and if anything it was a racing incident, just a shame sport does not care about any of that. It just sees contact + car off and blames the one still on track, even when you are behind the car you had contact with, like in this one.

Not as clear cut as before and I can see why it might blame me but it would not have happened without the in the middle of the track driving (an issue at the moment after the penalty zone inclusion), the little twitch into my line meaning I went on the grass before the corner and my opponent intentionally driving off the track after the contact. I'm also behind afterwards, you'd think the game could take that into account quite easily, surely an easy improvement to make rather than just dishing out penalties. :crazy:

Not as clear cut as before and I can see why it might blame me but it would not have happened without the in the middle of the track driving (an issue at the moment after the penalty zone inclusion), the little twitch into my line meaning I went on the grass before the corner and my opponent intentionally driving off the track after the contact. I'm also behind afterwards, you'd think the game could take that into account quite easily, surely an easy improvement to make rather than just dishing out penalties. :crazy:

The penalty system is so flawed, looked like a good battle and as you say you ended up behind so nothing gained. I suppose any system they use will have some flaws but the current one is able to be gamed so easily by those that like winning by cheating that it just frustrates any of us that want a battle but try to keep it clean.

I was on the verge of being Dr A & Sr S.
After less than 10 races at the weekend and constantly being hit from the side or punted from the rear and subsequently now racing with even worse drivers and being hit x10 than before, I am now D E!!! Wtf I even stayed at the black tonight to keep away and a straggler came past dived up inside smashing me out the way and guess what........

That's right I got the big orange bad boy Sr again.

This was **** in the beginning and that was understandable and it even seemed to progress and get better but after the last 2 big updates it's just got worse and is now in my opinion a TOTAL CROCK OF ****!!!

I certainly won't be playing this again as the guys I'm with now don't seem to care about the rank and just bump you out the way to win instead of racing! Took me long enough to nearly be A S and now it's ruined due to being rammed from behind and getting a penalty for it.
In what racing league etc does the guy getting rammed from behind ever receive a penalty?????
And when you crash alone or skid of by mistake and lose time off track and positions, they don't give you another penalty do they because you've just had it by loosing enough time crashing!!
THE REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR
MY ASS!!!!

Oh I've got plenty of video footage to put together very shortly to follow this ******** up aswell. Some on you tube already, potterp81 if you want to see.

I’m with brother. I went from a 99 SR to a 1 in single night and it took me a month of Sunday’s to scratch back and at the expense of my DR because I had to drop back out of the grid to keep away from the idiots and pick my way through the carnage caused. I’m busy building a PC to go to iRacing and get away from this madness. I’ve raced a number of things in my long life and if this existed in the real world two thirds of the morons would be banned for life. GT Sport (and F1) are completely penalty crazed. I’m done with both.

On saturday I joined into GR4 event at recently added track Goodwood. 15 laps race with fuel and tire consumption.
Though I was not fastest fellow on track I drove clean and kept my car on track. Gained positions due people front of me went off track and such.
At Fordwater, rather fast corner, I had brief battle with car I had recently overtaken due opponent went off track. My opponent jumped into inside corner and hit my car rear in such good angle I went to grass and hit barrier. My rude opponent got away with that clean and I got 5 second penalty.

That was enough for me and I quit from race. Not with rage, but extremely disappointed.

Penalty system is a disgrace right now, to the point where I'm 100% convinced some dudes are manipulating it.

It basically almost always give you a penalty if someone bumps you, but then proceeds to go off circuit or into a barrier...

I've seen it manipulated where a guy goes for an aggressive overtake coming out of the last turn at Barcelona, the other guy shuts the door fairly, so then he sort of taps the back of the guys car and purposely veers slightly off track to make sure his car touches the barrier... Next thing the other guy has a 5 second penalty.

There's one that happened to me yesterday, coming out of T1 at Goodwood, I'm on the inside line, a guy is off the circuit slightly ahead, and he comes flying back on wildly, bangs into me, then goes flying the other way, touches the barrier and what happens? 5.5 second penalty for me. I'll upload it later when I have time
Yes, it is actually abused by more and more drivers. I see more and more drivers intentionally ram the other and then make a quick dive into the grass or against the wall. The result of this is almost always 5 seconds for the victim. Divebombs with 2 or more wheels in the grass have become normal. It's quicker than staying on the track, the driver wins a position and the victim usually gets a time penalty. For the DiveBomber, such a behavior has only advantages at almost 0% risk. Here is also the complete madness of the current system. A completely unfair behavior is rewarded in several ways. Is that about good game design? That would be like a shooter who rewards camping or the use of glitches, wallhacks and aimbots.
For me it is almost impossible to stabilize my SR S. Almost every time I race normally I fall victim to such divebombs and lose SR. So I often have to run some races slowly at the end of the field to regenerate my SR again. Of course I lose DR in doing so. Now think about the ratio of preparation time to good race time. For a potentional good race, I have to invest a lot of time to: qualify myself, bring SR back to S and, when things go badly, endure several races that are destroyed by other riders. The relationship of work that must be spent and fun has become extremely bad. This can not really be the meaning of a game. I have absolutely no problem with penalties or bad results if I have caused them myself. That's OK and absolutely fair. But I hate it when I am unfairly punished or victimized by cheating. Yes cheating, because taking advantage of the faulty penalty system is nothing more than cheating for me. The fact that PD cheating not only tolerates but even encourages by the increasingly degraded algorithms annoys me very much.

@Sven Jurgens With another unfair penalty, game completely ignores the hit on you and slaps you with a 5 second wall penalty as if you just drove straight into it. :banghead:

This is always going to be a problem here because you can't really remove the wall penalties at this track as otherwise you'd know someone would find ways to bang into them and gain time but it's the same at other tracks too, where hitting the wall can't ever help you gain time and that truly is bizarre.

@Sven Jurgens With another unfair penalty, game completely ignores the hit on you and slaps you with a 5 second wall penalty as if you just drove straight into it. :banghead:

This is always going to be a problem here because you can't really remove the wall penalties at this track as otherwise you'd know someone would find ways to bang into them and gain time but it's the same at other tracks too, where hitting the wall can't ever help you gain time and that truly is bizarre.

It wasn't a wall penalty, those pop up immediately, plus Bathurst is very forgiving in wall hits. It was a straight up 5 sec BS penalty since the other car was outside track limits when the contact occurred. The game still can't keep cause and effect apart.

I wish wall penalties were more sensitive on the mountain as I frequently have to brake for / dodge people using the wall at Reid park and Frog Hollow. Actually I haven't seen anyone get a 5 sec wall penalty yet, only sometimes 0.5 or 1.0 sec for cutting the dipper too close. No penalties seen at The cutting or Forest Elbow either.

That video pretty much sums up why I just avoid sport mode now.
The video really summarizes everything. On the track completely chaos takes place with many dirty or over motivated drivers and the highest punishment gets just the cleanest and most prudent driver. Even the viper driver who goes completely over all limits gets for it only 1.5 seconds. And of course the rammer is not punished at all.

@Sven Jurgens I swear I've had a wall penalty pop up a little late before but maybe I'm wrong here as I've mostly got them after being hit off the track and I'm a bit busy at that point trying to get back onto the track. :lol:

I couldn't see the car exceeding the track limits in your video but you were racing so obviously you'll know that it did, so that explains that. It's similar to the use the grass on the inside to push past trick I've seen people use as that won't get them a penalty either, they may not even know it can get the innocent driver one but if they did they'd probably think that means they should be doing these sorts of moves and you are in the wrong because the game says so or that it is just funny that they can get the other driver a penalty. :ouch:

@Sven Jurgens I swear I've had a wall penalty pop up a little late before but maybe I'm wrong here as I've mostly got them after being hit off the track and I'm a bit busy at that point trying to get back onto the track. :lol:

I couldn't see the car exceeding the track limits in your video but you were racing so obviously you'll know that it did, so that explains that. It's similar to the use the grass on the inside to push past trick I've seen people use as that won't get them a penalty either, they may not even know it can get the innocent driver one but if they did they'd probably think that means they should be doing these sorts of moves and you are in the wrong because the game says so or that it is just funny that they can get the other driver a penalty. :ouch:

I only know of Tokyo that has delayed wall penalties. Sometimes when you brush the wall under the bridge it can take a few seconds before it decides to give you a 5 sec penalty. Most of them, clear hits, are instant. I guess a brush can be interpreted as wall riding which pops up later.

The hit happened here. Since my left wheels are on the white line, his wheels couldn't have been inside track limits.
g3zd.jpg

Contact, one car is outside track limits right after contact, thus penalty for me. If he had not hit me, he would have gotten a shortcut penalty and hit the wall himself. The track limits are the solid line there, not keep two wheels on the kerb as so many other broken tracks :lol:

Got an SR down for this (I'm in the Aston Martin). Guess I should have gone on the grass and waited for the others to pass..

And this is what I hate even more about the penalty system. Yes, maybe I could have done more to avoid contact, but I lost a position and he gained a position. Why an inmidiate penalty of FIVE seconds??? I know it's not easy to make an A.I. penalty system, but it should not be hard to wait 2 corners to see if I gained anything.

Last edited:
Back