PENALTY SYSTEM IS STILL A PIECE OF ****!!!

A lot of drivers in GT Sport have not learned the dynamics of driving, and have not learnt or refuse to learn how to analyze the field of other drivers around them. Many drivers still drive like they would in a kids game, happy to just knock into anything and everyone. But there are many, who wish to achieve high driver ratings, and put effort into driving cleanly, but because of the poor penalty system, have to suffer because of the morons who refuse to respect other drivers.

No way, they really have (I don't want to say fixed, too early to tell) done something to the penalty system. Well done, PD. :bowdown: Hopefully the SR 99 ranks will get a lot thinner now. Now I'm just waiting for the "anything is better than this POS penalty system" people to start complaining about unfair penalties that they've been given for some moron hitting them. :lol:

Last edited:
No way, they really have (I don't want to say fixed, too early to tell) done something to the penalty system. Well done, PD. :bowdown: Hopefully the SR 99 ranks will get a lot thinner now. Now I'm just waiting for the "anything is better than this POS penalty system" people to start complaining about unfair penalties that they've been given for some moron hitting them. :lol:

they did what exactly?

I can deal with the occasional wrong penalty, but the game was not really playable as a clean racing game with the penalty system. I think we just had luck last week with the Wet SPA combo, where it was a bit tricky for the dirty drivers to act. In the FIA it was really carnage, I took an 11th place at Laguna Seca in the 3rd attempt just to escape it. On Sunday at RBR, I have quit the 3rd race and leave it like that. This cost me 7K DR points and it ruined all my good week at SPA.

Tried some Nurburgring GP this week on my alt account and it was chaos - I even had 2 races where I started pointing back after same drivers played dirty moves on me, and I do not do that ever.

Curios today after work if I can start do daily races again or I keep time trial the Nurb 24h for Saturday FIA.

I've been playing, done multiple race B's and C's, even a race A!

Race A was a different game entirely, very clean and respectable but a bit of a procession, race B more of the same some dive bombing which the correct person was awarded 2 secs penalty and a red S (or A!) at the end.

Minor bumps are not penalised so barging past is still "allowed" as long as the barged car doesn't leave the track.

Overall it actually seems quite fair. No doubt in a few days people will have learned how to game the system and we'll be back to square one.

I'm very disappointed that no YouTuber I follow is live streaming "Trying out the new GT Sport penalty system" yet. :lol:
Haha - "Gran Turismo Sport - Are Penalties Fixed? New Update"

Not that it's working for me, something seems to be making YouTube not work in any of my browsers :(

Oh, no, spoke too soon, it works in Chrome but not Firefox or Edge, wow, what a coincidence!

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha - "Gran Turismo Sport - Are Penalties Fixed? New Update"

Not that it's working for me, something seems to be making YouTube not work in any of my browsers :(

Oh, no, spoke too soon, it works in Chrome but not Firefox or Edge, wow, what a coincidence!

i'm watching it , he got a 4sec penalty for .....guess what ? being divebombed with nobody going off the track , yet game decides "forced another car off track" , like he said "the **** penalties are back" !

This made me laugh

Main Features Implemented
Sport Mode & Lobby
 - Fixed an issue wherein collisions between cars were not incurring a penalty, even for incidents where they should have.

Reads like the few correct penalties were in the minority and they were well aware of it lol. I'll head out on Laguna Seca in a bit and see what it's like. Yesterday, the first few laps would have landed half the room in SR.B in the old system!

@djidane57 Looks like a 'not leaving room' penalty, could it be? Shared blame as well. Contact, one car on the egde, the other not giving enough room. Of course ignoring the other rules of who owns the apex in the first place, but it's a start I guess.

I've been playing, done multiple race B's and C's, even a race A!

Race A was a different game entirely, very clean and respectable but a bit of a procession, race B more of the same some dive bombing which the correct person was awarded 2 secs penalty and a red S (or A!) at the end.

Minor bumps are not penalised so barging past is still "allowed" as long as the barged car doesn't leave the track.

Overall it actually seems quite fair. No doubt in a few days people will have learned how to game the system and we'll be back to square one.

I’ve done a few race B’s this morning and whilst the standard is up it’s still not brilliant. I’ve had two penalties, neither of which were really my fault, one perhaps was half and half...

that said, remember that it’s going to take a few races for the kids to lose their S rating so I’d give it a day or so before getting too worried

Clip 1 and 2 we where just testing the theory that if you just hit someone door side you can inflict a penalty on them and clip 3 is a similar thing happening in Sport mode, which makes me think penalties can be exploited somewhat in the 1.55 update.

What do you guys think ?

Clip 1 Link:

Clip 2 Link:

Clip 3 Link:

Folks, all these streams are great and all but we seem to have forgotten this:
You will not use profanity in the forums, nor link to content which contains offensive language without sufficient warning.
If the streamer is literally yelling "HOLY ****ING **** YOU GOT A FIVE SECOND PENALTY FOR THAT!" or "THE ****ING **** PENALTIES ARE BACK", that's profanity which you've linked to - by straight-up embedding the videos - without any warning whatsoever.

You can use Spoiler tags around media links to hide the embedded player. I'll be editing some of your posts so you can see what that looks like.

Clip 1 and 2 we where just testing the theory that if you just hit someone door side you can inflict a penalty on them and clip 3 is a similar thing happening in Sport mode, which makes me think penalties can be exploited somewhat in the 1.55 update.

What do you guys think ?

Clip 1 Link:

Clip 2 Link:

Clip 3 Link:

First one looks like not leaving room, the car on the edge of the track is deemed correct.

Second one looks like the car going way below the speed for that section of the track is in the wrong.

Third one, not leaving room again.

So yep, without looking at the history (coming from off track, no claim to the apex) easily exploited again... I'm signed up for the next race, I'll keep my eyes open. It's nice to see PD try something new but seems they're still not looking at what happened before contact was registered.

First one looks like not leaving room, the car on the edge of the track is deemed correct.

I think the car might have hit the barrier after the contact and got 5s for it.

look at 7:21 , another penalty for absolutely nothing

The German in the Audi might have tapped the Pole in the Audi in front of him who then immediately lost his position to the Porsche. That's the only explanation for that 4s penalty.

Well, it looks like the official statement from PD should have been something like this:

An update for Gran Turismo Sport has been released. The following is a list of the main features introduced:

Main Features Implemented
Sport Mode & Lobby
 - a lot of players have been saying that any system would be better then what we have now so we have taken all that time just to revert to the previous (equally as bad) version. Enjoy.

Thank you for your continued support and stop complaining you whiny 🤬!!! :lol:

Just kidding. It's way too early to know for sure. We'll have to play and see. Again, looking forward to the videos.

Last edited:
Now granted I had some fun with the dailies being a bit of a ram fest at Brands and the slippery spa. I was on the wrong end of a few moves but it was mostly clean. Except Brands I knew what I was signing up for there. But I did read a lot of, I'll take anything over nothing comments.

I watched the three clips and I agree with Sven.

What do you guys think ?

Clip 1 Link:

Clip 2 Link:

Clip 3 Link:

It's really hard to tell what the penalty system is going to actually be like by these clips because of the unusual speed differential.

Well, it's still a ram fest in the first couple laps, penalties don't really work. And even a car with 7 sec penalties left with blue S and was hardly slowed down at the penalty zone. I was 2 sec behind him and he simply ghosted and kept the ideal speed to make the corner drafting inside of my car...

I got 2 penalties the first race (only one with a red S, yay) First one I could have avoided, car lost control in front of me.
AH8Boni.gif

2 sec for me for hitting the car spinning out. I should have brake instead of lifted to avoid him. It was a DR.C driver and I'm DR.A.

The second one, I guess there must have been slight contact between me and the laggy car in front of me right before a missile took him out
cOpyTM6.gif

No penalty for the missile of course.

Dive bombs, barge passes, bumping, all still fine. It's still a mess. Those 2 penalties cost 10 SR to 89. I'm back to 99 already while getting bumped of the track 3 times or more without any penalties handed out.

It's far from fixed. Just what we had before they stopped penalties all together. The rear tap and go off track penalty is back. Gamers rejoice!!!!

But the SR Downs for contact are still gone, only time penalties deduct SR. This is not going to fix the SR rating problem but maybe it will put a few bad apples in SR.A for a race or two. One red rating in a room that used to be all mostly red before, so much bumping.

So faulty penalties back on, SR Downs still off, hmm might be even better for dirty driving.

I think thinning out the SR.S ranks will be the biggest impact on the game and that will take several days to play out. Literally, SR 99 races were beginning to look like E lobbies.

But the SR Downs for contact are still gone, only time penalties deduct SR. This is not going to fix the SR rating problem but maybe it will put a few bad apples in SR.A for a race or two. One red rating in a room that used to be all mostly red before, so much bumping.

So faulty penalties back on, SR Downs still off, hmm might be even better for dirty driving.

Well, that's disappointing to hear...

Lol what a wreck fest, I quit the last race, pointless exercise.

First I got bumped wide, then avoid a car who got bumped into a slide, to get touched by a car squeezing through the inside, penalty for me.
Xh45qBg.gif

Then someone decides to brake way too early for the corkscrew, I try to avoid, fail, chain reaction
LSPSJq8.gif

More penalties for me.

Then after getting pushed wide off track by a nose on my inside bumper I try to recover only to get rammed into the pit lane.
Pcd7Gye.gif

The game resets me one lap down in reverse with another penalty :lol: (other car went off as well)

My SR went down to 59 after that one lap :lol:

I'm the only SR.B driver in a room full of SR.S next race haha. I went up to 72 after that one. No CRB, got bumped at least a dozen times and got a 0.5 sec avoidance penalty (track limits) Only 3 red S at the end of that bumper fest.

Last edited:
Based on a few races it seems like this isn’t the 1.52 system, but a hybrid of 1.53 and 1.54. Side contact penalties are there, and seem a bit more aggressive than 1.52, but front/rear contact seems to either be missing or reduced for the instigator. Have seen tons of penalties being dished out for side contact while also seeing blatant punts go unpunished.

Either way, it’s better than nothing and I’m glad to see some of these dirty drivers getting near-insta demoted back to where they belong.

Back