PENALTY SYSTEM IS STILL A PIECE OF ****!!!

It wasn't for tapping the car ahead, it was for making contact with the white car that overtook you. If you look at the race positions, the game regarded the white car as having moved ahead of you some time before you got the penalty, but after the contact. How it arrived at 7 seconds for the duration of penalty, I have no idea, but the cause of the penalty was the contact while being overtaken that is causing the majority of penalties with the current system.

If it was for the fact that I had that light brush with the Audi R8, then that just makes the reason even more bull than it already is. It was very minor contact with the other guy, he wasn't as affected either.

Tried Race A in the Tesla - big mistake - rammed beyond belief and incurred 15 sec of penalties.

Moved onto Race C - same again

Then did two X Race B using the beetle. Finished as per grid on first and then made up two positions on the second finishing 5th.

In all these I didn't ram anyone, yet in 4 races I have lost 9,433 DR points and moved from DR B to DR D in less than an hour. I've gone from SR S to SR E in the process.

So virtually back to where I started in December - very demoralising and I wonder whether anything has changed with the points system?

So virtually back to where I started in December - very demoralising and I wonder whether anything has changed with the points system?

No. Your DR has been reset to match your SR, as your SR has fallen two levels below it.

Yep. With that I would advise staying out of dailies if your falling like that. If I find that a daily race is causing me more harm than good, I stay away.

Jimmy Broadbent just did the Nations Cup race on Gran Turismo TV live and got a stupid penalty at about the 34 minute mark. Hopefully having a main Gran Turismo influencer on the official Gran Turismo YouTube channel will make PD put effort into fixing the system.

So I have just had the cleanest race ever in my GTSport career, while in SR B. Traded the lead over 4 laps, multiple corners side by side and on each others' bumpers the rest of the time with NO Contact. To me this would show that currently the system is dropping the cleaner drivers into the lower SR rankings as the races I had in SR S and SR A that dropped me to B involved massive amounts of punting, penalties due to lag and the dirtiest drivers getting rewarded with blue SR ratings at the end. Maybe it is time to reevaluate how this works.
Apologies to @Sven Jurgens as I always doubted his reports of clean racing at lower ratings. Consider me proven wrong.

It still baffles me that with all that computing power they just can't get this penalty system right.
Track limits or yellow flags are implemented, yet the decision making AI collision system is just broken
And the logo is two drivers shaking hands. Yeah right. I'll just punt everyone so that at least I got pens I deserve, this game turned into a de facto Wreckfest
Polyphony apparently doesn't read these and doesn't care. Pathetic. I get hit in rear quarter panel by a dive bomber into a turn and I get the penalty.

Just lost 20,000 DR point because of this garbage.

time to boycott.

see you on iRacing
Boycott is right. Otherwise, Polyphony doesn't give a rat's a$$.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how it works but I got 1 penalty from getting blasted off at turn 2 lap 1 at autopolis. Didnt touch anyone else all race, didnt get off track at any point for the rest of the race. . . . and for a white SR:confused:. Just how little SR is this race giving out. And I can say that I am learning to enjoy the penalty for getting punted. It makes things perfectly absurd.

Raced in Daily Race B a couple of times today. Got Divebombed into turn 1, guy behind me cut the track and nearly took me out. Unlike most, I didn't get a penalty. I admit, despite connection rubbish, I've appeared to have gotten lucky in terms of penalties when racing. I hope Jimmy getting fired up over the ones he got during his stream, finally incentivises PD to fix things up to a point that there is at least a positive consensus between players in regards to the penalty system. I usually just prefer driving the cars on my own without AI or other online players anyway.

PD still cares enough to change it up and now doesn't need a patch anymore to change the penalties. More proof the penalties are handled on the server which doesn't know anything about where on the track contact occurs. Thus still trying to solve a difficult problem completely blind with the only knowledge, there was contact, change in speed after and whether someone left the road or positions changed.

PD still cares enough to change it up and now doesn't need a patch anymore to change the penalties. More proof the penalties are handled on the server which doesn't know anything about where on the track contact occurs. Thus still trying to solve a difficult problem completely blind with the only knowledge, there was contact, change in speed after and whether someone left the road or positions changed.

Yeah man, I’m a computer engineer... it’s a system and it’s totally jacked.

Agreed. Every FIA race today I was rammed off on purpose on the first lap and given a time penalty. There's no point entering the races any more until they sort it out once and for all.

Just got 21 seconds worth of penalties in one FIA race. All like this!! Pathetic!

yeah I had a similar issue except I was ahead on the straight and the guy came behind me, someone I got 7 seconds for barely contact that I didnt even initiate

Back