PENALTY SYSTEM IS STILL A PIECE OF ****!!!

Got to say, I've been running my alt from the back and my main with a QT and honestly my alt is doing better. Less pens and better results because I'm not getting punted or pens most of the race. It's more fun and although the races aren't any cleaner I'm not suffering because of it. Occasionally you have a really slow, really bad driver to cope with, but it's better than having to cope with all the macho men at the front who think they can drive but can't.

I have no problem with no qualifiers.

But I think once every 20 races there should be one of the classic lobby glitches to spice things up. Like starting way back at Suzuka. Or spinning round and round for a minute.

Motivation for qualifying and not qualifying last. :D

Botched starts happen plenty from the back. There's always the chance someone stalls during auto-drive piling up the rest of the cars behind him. Naturally not qualifying always puts you behind these start traffic jams. They're only beneficial though when starting from the back. The field is more spread out, easier to make passes.

Same for standing starts where every start there are one or two idiots that can't get their car going, 3 to 5 with false starts added on top. Starting from the back in a standing start race with false starts is the hardest. On Spa I simply waited for the smoke to clear before turning on the engine :cool:

Last edited:

I got one in the last Nations race. I almost smashed my wheel up

Only the reason given was incorrect. The penalty unfortunately (according to this awesome system) was just. You see, this system is extremely simplistic. One could almost say ridiculous and idiotic. :lol: Works like this: they were ahead - contact between you two - you were ahead = penalty for the one who's gained from the contact. If the car you're passing touches you before you're ahead, you're done. Makes overtaking in this game even more fun, doesn't it? :lol: And because you left the track slightly right after the contact, a wrong penalty reason was triggered. It's a known (to us here) bug and it's been in the game for ages now. I've gotten loads of these and still get them like every other race. :lol:

As mentioned in another thread, I have watched by my estimation 7000 laps of racing around Bathurst and never seen anyone pull a move on the outside of Murrays unless lapping someone who yields. The corner is just not conducive to dual line racing at all, take the outside there and you are at the mercy of fate.

Personally, I think trying that move at Murray’s.....
Was dumb.

I told you it was a legitimate overtaking opportunity :lol:

Not sure if this is possible, since the game tracks data in other areas could it not track penalty’s? If a player has a certain amount of accumulated penalties you are penalized. SR seems to easily rebuilt, if your SR looks like a yo-yo your not learning.

I told you it was a legitimate overtaking opportunity :lol:

Of course it is. I've done it myself countless times. You just have to be overtaking a player who knows what they're doing.

Just a couple of examples of why it's extremely difficult to keep your SR at 99 when racing from the back. According to this penalty system I was the unsafe one in these incidents. Something like this happens literally every race at Bathurst. Show me a racer on this planet who would not go for an overtake in a situation like this.

If the game wants to punish me for what happened then I think it would be more than fair that they were punished too. How the hell are they going to learn proper racecraft? The game basically told them that I was the one who had done something wrong.

if your SR looks like a yo-yo your not learning.

I assure you, my SR says absolutely nothing about MY driving and/or sportsmanship. As you have just seen in the video above. :lol:

Last edited:
Show me a racer on this planet who would not go for an overtake in a situation like this.
A similar thing happened to me in the last game, but I passed the guy on turn 3 not the cuttings. He had to know I was there as he lost so much speed at Griffins but he cut straight into me, luckily I kept control and didn't get a pen. The one time all week I get a bit of luck with pens. But I've had too many pens in that area this week and most have not caused any difference to the cars involved which makes it totally stupid.

8 seconds of penalties and 24 SR down in one race:

That first penalty proves how basic the algorithm is. It basically says if there is contact and one car goes off the track give the penalty to the car who gained a position. How hard can it be to add an extra condition to say of one of the cars didn't leave the track and one did give the penalty to the car that stayed on the track :ouch:

I got T-boned by a dive bomber turn 1 lap 1 at rb ring. I was then penalized 3.0 seconds for getting t-boned by a dive bomber, I guess for not getting out of the kamikaze's way?

No sense in complaining, next race I promptly punted the early braker at the top of the hill, and then rode the car outside me into the sand in the late apex turns #ifyoucantbeatemjoinem #8wheelsturnbetterthan4

Last edited:
I got T-boned by a dive bomber turn 1 lap 1 at rb ring. I was then penalized 3.0 seconds for getting t-boned by a dive bomber, I guess for not getting out of the kamikaze's way?

No sense in complaining, next race I promptly punted the early braker at the top of the hill, and then rode the car outside me into the sand in the late apex turns #ifyoucantbeatemjoinem #8wheelsturnbetterthan4
So if you can't be part of the solution you want to be part of the problem...

I picture a large computer control room like a NASA space launch...
It’s Polyphony Digitals GT Sport control center...It’s where the industries best are hard at work studying statistical anomalies and the games pen system in real time...The code is running like the Matrix on a huge screen covering a giant from wall....Once in a while anomalies are reported, and play is observed in real time on the big screen.
“Look, I see groundfish has gotten a one second penalty!”
“Quick switch screen to full, zoom in. Quick get me another sake!”
“Yes sir”
“I’ve got you now Groundfish, you’d better not move a single eyelash wrong or I’m putting the system in manual mode and taking you down!”
“Here’s the sake, sir”
:::gulps::: “Look there his inside wheel cut that corner”
“Sir, the game didn’t penalize that”
“Manual mode”
“But...he didn’t cut the track...sir...what are you doing?”

:::reaches down places large switch into manual mode::::
::::begins typing::::;
“Let that be a lesson, Groundfish!”
“Sir he didn’t do anything and now you give him a track limits penalty”
“Please calm down sir”
“Quiet!!!Bring more sake!!!!”
::::Groundfish slows at pen zone:::
::::Groundfish in ghosts as car passes through::::
“Haha that will be 2 seconds Groundfish and an SR DOWN ARROW hahaha!”
“Sir, here’s the sake”
::::gulp::::
“Here’s another SR DOWN Groundfish, for that car no touching you as it flew into the wall...hehehe soon you’ll be reset just like all the others today”. .::::evil chuckle:::
::::finishes another sake::::
“Sir we are seeing disconnects in EMEA, should we bring them up on screen?”
“Nevermind those people, this is between me and Groundfish”
::::Groundfish serves penalty::::
:::::race ends:::::
::::Sr to low A::::
“BRING ME MORE SAKE!!! OPEN THE MATCHMAKING FILES, I want to choose myself who he will race”
“Sir, how is this improving the game?”
“DID I ask for sake? Do you fail to hear? Or do you not listen?”
::::Groundfish loading screen shows opponents::::
“Let’s see you get out of this room alive, Groundfish...hahaha”
::::gulp:::
“Sir Groundfish is ahead I don’t think your plans working”
“Ha, you fool can’t you see I’m in his traction files, watch this....”
::::my car gets close to grass and suddenly spins::::
“You see? Now we give the SR down too, for crashing with another car behind!”
::::Groundfish throws down headphones. Quits game::::checks KudosPrime::::
“Wow still A? Cool”
:::enters c race:::

::::GTS boss gulps:::
“HAHAHA THIS IS MY FAVORITE PART, FIRST SHOW A THEN AFTERWARDS SHOW B C!!!!!
HAHAHA GET ME MORE SAKE!!!!”

Last edited:
So if you can't be part of the solution you want to be part of the problem...

I want to compete.
I race ppl clean. they still door me when they cross over. So no point in racing them clean. Especially when I'm getting penalized for racing clean and the other guy is not.

Last edited:

If you're only hitting cars that repeatedly hit you that's fair 👍. I extend that to people who enter multiple races with a 1 bar connection too.

I want to compete.
I race ppl clean. they still door me when they cross over. So no point in racing them clean. Especially when I'm getting penalized for racing clean and the other guy is not.
I see your problem. But maybe, if this is something that happens a lot, try to not put yourself in that spot? Get overlay before the corner or do a crossback?

I picture a large computer control room like a NASA space launch...
It’s Polyphony Digitals GT Sport control center...It’s where the industries best are hard at work studying statistical anomalies and the games pen system in real time...The code is running like the Matrix on a huge screen covering a giant from wall....Once in a while anomalies are reported, and play is observed in real time on the big screen.
“Look, I see groundfish has gotten a one second penalty!”
“Quick switch screen to full, zoom in. Quick get me another sake!”
“Yes sir”
“I’ve got you now Groundfish, you’d better not move a single eyelash wrong or I’m putting the system in manual mode and taking you down!”
“Here’s the sake, sir”
:::gulps::: “Look there his inside wheel cut that corner”
“Sir, the game didn’t penalize that”
“Manual mode”
“But...he didn’t cut the track...sir...what are you doing?”

:::reaches down places large switch into manual mode::::
::::begins typing::::;
“Let that be a lesson, Groundfish!”
“Sir he didn’t do anything and now you give him a track limits penalty”
“Please calm down sir”
“Quiet!!!Bring more sake!!!!”
::::Groundfish slows at pen zone:::
::::Groundfish in ghosts as car passes through::::
“Haha that will be 2 seconds Groundfish and an SR DOWN ARROW hahaha!”
“Sir, here’s the sake”
::::gulp::::
“Here’s another SR DOWN Groundfish, for that car no touching you as it flew into the wall...hehehe soon you’ll be reset just like all the others today”. .::::evil chuckle:::
::::finishes another sake::::
“Sir we are seeing disconnects in EMEA, should we bring them up on screen?”
“Nevermind those people, this is between me and Groundfish”
::::Groundfish serves penalty::::
:::::race ends:::::
::::Sr to low A::::
“BRING ME MORE SAKE!!! OPEN THE MATCHMAKING FILES, I want to choose myself who he will race”
“Sir, how is this improving the game?”
“DID I ask for sake? Do you fail to hear? Or do you not listen?”
::::Groundfish loading screen shows opponents::::
“Let’s see you get out of this room alive, Groundfish...hahaha”
::::gulp:::
“Sir Groundfish is ahead I don’t think your plans working”
“Ha, you fool can’t you see I’m in his traction files, watch this....”
::::my car gets close to grass and suddenly spins::::
“You see? Now we give the SR down too, for crashing with another car behind!”
::::Groundfish throws down headphones. Quits game::::checks KudosPrime::::
“Wow still A? Cool”
:::enters c race:::

::::GTS boss gulps:::
“HAHAHA THIS IS MY FAVORITE PART, FIRST SHOW A THEN AFTERWARDS SHOW B C!!!!!
HAHAHA GET ME MORE SAKE!!!!”
No need to picture, that's what happens. They have a screen with all the public enemies on. You're in number 1 spot.

I want to compete.
Then race clean. Yes there are idiots around. But when you stoop to their level then someone else sees you as dirty and you then become a problem which only increases the cycle.

This is not clickbait! This is an example of how bad the penalty system is at the moment. Hope you have a laugh here and share this around so Poliphony Digital will do something about it finally. It really can't get any worse than this!

Can everybody like this on YouTube?

If you're only hitting cars that repeatedly hit you that's fair 👍. I extend that to people who enter multiple races with a 1 bar connection too.

You would have a full time job on the NA server :lol:

The only way to get PDs attention is when the top boycotts the FIA races. However the carrot is big enough for that not to happen. Divide and conquer works all the time. Players keep arguing over whose fault it is more people drive dirty, extending the cycle etc, while the real problem remains unaddressed. Yes, it would be nice if everyone drove clean and contact free, thus no need for a penalty system. But that's not how the world works. Even with the best intentions accidents and minor contact happens.

On the other side of the coin, if everyone would start driving dirty, it would get PDs attention as well :yuck:

Back