Penso's Garage - Renault Clio Cup SMS-R Championship Tune now live

Sure go ahead, anything that helps and people find useful is welcome. If you want to post some specific changes to tunes for DS4 users that's fine too. I'll link it in the second post too.

So, the problem I was having WAS my controller configuration. The steering sensitivity, Speed Sensitivity and Controller Filtering Sensitivity to be exact. The other settings in the configuration do matter. But none more than those named.

I did see where a member posted that the speed sensitivity and ctrl filter sensitivity were most important.
This was before update 1.4 came. And trust me (I have both PC and PS4 versions) nothing worked for me prior to 1.4 on the PS4.

Once you sort out the differences between these settings (and you will the first time you go 100 MPH and find you barley move when you turn your wheel) every car in the game is yours to command. Carts too.:P

Everyone has different reaction time and eye hand coordination. So one setting will not be a cure for everyone.

What I am posting (IMHO) will be a good starting point. All you have left to do is learn the settings, and drop a tune on your vehicle of choice. With this controller setting I can drive any car well without tuning it. Tuning is just that, fine tuning the car for your personal use.:cool:

These settings may have been posted by others. I am not trying to steal anyone's thunder.:nervous:
This is what my research yielded over most of last weekend. I hope it helps those who need help.
Make sure you set the controller input mode first. If not you'll scramble your settings.
GOOD LUCK MATES.:gtpflag:

Controller Input Mode: 3
Advanced: ON
Soft Steering Damping: ON
Visual Wheel Filtering: ON
Opposite Lock Help: OFF

Steering Deadzone: 10
Steering Sensitivity: 5
Throttle Deadzone: 10
Throttle Sensitivity: 35

Brake Deadzone: 10
Brake Sensitivity: 35
Clutch Deadzone: 10
Clutch Sensitivity: 45

Speed Sensitivity: 60
Controller Filtering Sensitivity: 70

Force Feedback: 100
RPM/Gear Display: Yes

Johnny

I used your BMW Z4GT3 tune on PS4 along with the controller configuration I posted above. It crosses over from the PC side very well indeed. My only changes were front camber 3.0, Radiator opening 25. Bottom line at least for the GT3 Z4 the PC tune translated to the PS4 just fine. 👍 I used SPA for reference and it was good at Road America too.
I think those two courses are similar. Your tune is very controllable on the PS4 with the controller for me.
Using the right stick for gas and braking.

I have to use the standard disclaimer: I am not going to be on the leader board for GT or PCars anytime soon.
But I can still kind of represent. I might be as smooth as you if I ever get the wheel (G27) back. But I won't be as fast.
:gtpflag:

Hi Johnny

I try to find your setup for the BMW 1 Series M Coupe and do not see here, like you said it would be available later in one of the previous posts, hence my question, or am I doing some confusion :confused:

Cheers

Hi Johnny

I try to find your setup for the BMW 1 Series M Coupe and do not see here, like you said it would be available later in one of the previous posts, hence my question, or am I doing some confusion :confused:

Cheers
Unfortunately I crashed my game (entirely my own fault as I had read the warning not to do something and just forgot) and the most recent save I had didn't include the BMW tune so I have to start over with it. Won't have time for at lease a few weeks for it unfortunately.

Unfortunately I crashed my game (entirely my own fault as I had read the warning not to do something and just forgot) and the most recent save I had didn't include the BMW tune so I have to start over with it. Won't have time for at lease a few weeks for it unfortunately.

Oh sorry what happened, I hope that everything goes back to normal as soon as possible, I'll wait here for the tuning ;)
Thank you

Congratulations Johnny on getting tune of the week with the Clio 👍, I've been playing with it a bit more the last few days and with a few small changes the car can take on most tracks without a struggle.

Now to try out some other tunes from around here.

Is there any reason why there's no GT4 tunings anywhere? I suck at tuning so have been making an enormous effort to read everything available about PCARS tunings to understand the settings and it's effects.
My problem is that I'm participating in a series that start tonight and my BMW M3 GT4 is, generally speaking, pretty well balanced for Watkins Glen but the front left tire is getting way higher temperatures (108 to 112c) than his brother on the right (100to 102c) and I don't know exactly what to do to get then even, and better, getting both into the high 90's range.
Any suggestions? Many thanks.

Is there any reason why there's no GT4 tunings anywhere? I suck at tuning so have been making an enormous effort to read everything available about PCARS tunings to understand the settings and it's effects.
My problem is that I'm participating in a series that start tonight and my BMW M3 GT4 is, generally speaking, pretty well balanced for Watkins Glen but the front left tire is getting way higher temperatures (108 to 112c) than his brother on the right (100to 102c) and I don't know exactly what to do to get then even, and better, getting both into the high 90's range.
Any suggestions? Many thanks.
I haven't had any game time for a couple of weeks. Off the top of my head, higher tire pressures, open the brake ducts, put more brake balance to the rear, lower the camber at the front. Are you using a wheel by the way?

Your Clio tune helped me gain some time.
It is the first car I use a tune on, apart of changing BB and gears.

I only wanted to race the first weeks and not spend time on tuning and I was also fairly happy with the stock settings.
Won three career seasons in a row with AI at 60-70-80%, but 80 was hard work for me.

With this tune I can win with AI set at 90%
👍

(PS4)

any chance of the BMW Z4 GT3 Silverstone GP, Hockenheim GP, Brno, Sakitto GP, Barcelona GP or Sonoma Raceway? just can't seem to find anything...my setups always ende overcooking/ overheating fronts...no matter what i do.

any chance of the BMW Z4 GT3 Silverstone GP, Hockenheim GP, Brno, Sakitto GP, Barcelona GP or Sonoma Raceway? just can't seem to find anything...my setups always ende overcooking/ overheating fronts...no matter what i do.
I'm still on hiatus. My Dad had come for a few weeks visit and fell in the bathtub and cracked his sternum and I spend my days and nights working and looking after him until he's back on his feet. Be a while before I get any quality playing time unfortunately.

I'm still on hiatus. My Dad had come for a few weeks visit and fell in the bathtub and cracked his sternum and I spend my days and nights working and looking after him until he's back on his feet. Be a while before I get any quality playing time unfortunately.
no worries and no problem at all, family first, best of health and wishing him a great recovery!

JP

Hope your dad mends well and soon. Take good care of him. If you have a chance, this clip is especially for you.
I think the car will bring a smile to your face. Also, I asked in a different thread why this variant of Nurb GP is not in the game? It's all there I don't think it would be a big challenge for SMS to work out. :cheers:

PLAY IT FROM THE VERY BEGAINING TO SEE SOME COOL LOOKS AT THE CAR!

JP

Hope your dad mends well and soon. Take good care of him. If you have a chance, this clip is especially for you.
I think the car will bring a smile to your face. Also, I asked in a different thread why this variant of Nurb GP is not in the game? It's all there I don't think it would be a big challenge for SMS to work out. :cheers:

PLAY IT FROM THE VERY BEGAINING TO SEE SOME COOL LOOKS AT THE CAR!

:) :cheers:
chevrolet-camaro.jpg

ford-capri-turbo.jpg

Hi Johnny, I built all of your tunes yesterday and every one of them felt fantastic.
Thank you very much for sharing them and I can't wait to try out some more.
I hope your Dad makes a speedy and full recovery.
Thanks again, good luck.

The Clio tune is terrible im afraid to say. I tried this around Snetterton 300 and only managed a 2.05. I then tried my own tune and managed a 2.03:500!!

The sway bars are wrong, should be max soft at rear, two clicks stiff on front, cambers should be set to 0, diff accel should be set to 100.

The problem with your tune is the car tends to suffer from lift off oversteer and your sway bar settings only make this worse. I shall post my full set up once the next round of competition starts.

The Clio tune is terrible im afraid to say. I tried this around Snetterton 300 and only managed a 2.05. I then tried my own tune and managed a 2.03:500!!

The sway bars are wrong, should be max soft at rear, two clicks stiff on front, cambers should be set to 0, diff accel should be set to 100.

The problem with your tune is the car tends to suffer from lift off oversteer and your sway bar settings only make this worse. I shall post my full set up once the next round of competition starts.
Sorry it didn't work for you. It wasn't tuned for Snetterton though, it was tuned for the Oulton Park TT. What works at one track may not work for another and one tune may not work for everyone. I like the option of lift off oversteer personally and use the throttle to control it on entry if necessary. Different strokes but I might give Snetterton a spin and see what happens. Haven't spent any time there yet and don't know the track. Just getting back into the swing of things after vacation and spending a lot of time golfing, haven't raced for a month or so now.

Last edited:
Driver Aids - All cars will be tuned with factory settings only, regardless of what a competition allows and lap times will reflect those settings. This means older cars will be driven with heel and toe downshifting, newer cars with paddles. ABS and TC where the series and/or car warrants it.
Sounds right to me, but I may not be able to tell "where the series and/or car warrants it." With all this a bit confusing especially this early with PC, would you consider specifying which aids we should use with each tune?

McLaren 12C GT3
Brands Hatch Indy
Bad news on this, Johnny. Patch 3 changed the car. Some of your settings can no longer be set- for instance Ride Height cannot be set higher than 75mm, whereas you specify 83mm front and 88mm rear.

Also, if you should redo this could you specify how the assists are set ("Real", "None", or whatever)?

Last edited:
So, the problem I was having WAS my controller configuration. The steering sensitivity, Speed Sensitivity and Controller Filtering Sensitivity to be exact. The other settings in the configuration do matter. But none more than those named.
Thank you for this setup. I just got the PS4 and Project Cars game Two days ago and have been having problems using the DS4. Your setup has helped quite a bit and I can now drive fast an comfortably. Thanks again
I did see where a member posted that the speed sensitivity and ctrl filter sensitivity were most important.
This was before update 1.4 came. And trust me (I have both PC and PS4 versions) nothing worked for me prior to 1.4 on the PS4.

Once you sort out the differences between these settings (and you will the first time you go 100 MPH and find you barley move when you turn your wheel) every car in the game is yours to command. Carts too.:P

Everyone has different reaction time and eye hand coordination. So one setting will not be a cure for everyone.

What I am posting (IMHO) will be a good starting point. All you have left to do is learn the settings, and drop a tune on your vehicle of choice. With this controller setting I can drive any car well without tuning it. Tuning is just that, fine tuning the car for your personal use.:cool:

These settings may have been posted by others. I am not trying to steal anyone's thunder.:nervous:
This is what my research yielded over most of last weekend. I hope it helps those who need help.
Make sure you set the controller input mode first. If not you'll scramble your settings.
GOOD LUCK MATES.:gtpflag:

Controller Input Mode: 3
Advanced: ON
Soft Steering Damping: ON
Visual Wheel Filtering: ON
Opposite Lock Help: OFF

Steering Deadzone: 10
Steering Sensitivity: 5
Throttle Deadzone: 10
Throttle Sensitivity: 35

Brake Deadzone: 10
Brake Sensitivity: 35
Clutch Deadzone: 10
Clutch Sensitivity: 45

Speed Sensitivity: 60
Controller Filtering Sensitivity: 70

Force Feedback: 100
RPM/Gear Display: Yes

Sorry it didn't work for you. It wasn't tuned for Snetterton though, it was tuned for the Oulton Park TT. What works at one track may not work for another and one tune may not work for everyone. I like the option of lift off oversteer personally and use the throttle to control it on entry if necessary. Different strokes but I might give Snetterton a spin and see what happens. Haven't spent any time there yet and don't know the track. Just getting back into the swing of things after vacation and spending a lot of time golfing, haven't raced for a month or so now.
Johnny it's not the track it's the car. They changed it with patch 3. Your tune can't even be set on a car anymore. I suggest you look at it. Same thing with the McLaren 12C GT3. See my messages above.

Regards,

Rick

Johnny it's not the track it's the car. They changed it with patch 3. Your tune can't even be set on a car anymore. I suggest you look at it. Same thing with the McLaren 12C GT3. See my messages above.

Regards,

Rick
Thanks Rick. I don't think I'll retune though. If anything I'll bring something new along. Still not back in the swing of things, too busy with work and real life stuff at the moment. :grumpy:

Back