Performance upgrades or changing parts or probably both.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Smoke&Slide
  • 24 comments
  • 1,740 views
Messages
2,119
United Kingdom
Somewhere only we know.
Messages
FanofGT5
Thinking about this, would the parts be for increased gains only or could the game allow you to replace worn parts ?.If this is irrelevent, lock the thread mods.
 
Last edited:
Do you mean to replace them as they wear out? If so that would mean that car milage and how the car was driven would have to be taken into account, that would be awesome in my opinion. If you miss a shift or downshift too early then there will be tranny wear and tear more than normal so you would have to replace parts more often.
 
Yeah thats it Cletus.There is a whole list of things, that would need replacing e.g. all replacement fluids, starter motors, radiators + fans & hoses, belts, timing adjustments, tappet adjustment, ecu fettling or carburettor balancing + replacement jets, spark plugs, heater plugs for TD/D engines, distributors, plug leads/HT leads etc, air filters, oil filters, fuel filters, crank breathers, fuel lines, brake lines, brake discs/clamps, tyres, alternators, batteries, electrical system, airflow meters, lamba sensors, catalytic converters, exhausts plus gaskets & brackets.There is a whole load of wear & tear items.Also imagine trying to race a car with a cold engine & gearbox, the car ain't going to like you for it.Here is a good example, a S1 E Type with a 4 speed manual Moss gearbox.Most of this changes, depending on how recent the technology is.
 
Last edited:
I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be like you have just described!👍
 
not gonna happen.
 
Why wouldn't it Dave ?.I don't know if this is possible, would be nice if this confims the reason it takes 3 months to make one or a few cars.3 months could be that when real time damage first came on to the scene, it had taken 3 months to design that one vehicle.I'll keep my fingers crossed.
 
Last edited:
I would love for it to be in, I love fiddling with cars. I just don't think it will. Don't think Kaz thinks it needs to be that deep. It's a racing game, you're the driver, not the pit crew.
 
I doubt this game would simulate parts that would rust away, especially on salted roads.So thinking about that, standard exhausts & other worn/damaged parts due to salt wouldn't be replaced.Would be cool if that was used on iced roads.I'll keep dreaming of rust woo hoo lol.
 
I vote a huge no for maintenance and a huge yes for super detailed upgrades and downgrades.

The former will just waste/time credits and take away from driving.
 
they should make it so high strung super cars and race cars need a engine rebuild after a certain amount of kilometers or hours
but make it so you dont have to change all the parts yourself just press a button and it dose it for you
 
Last edited:
they should make it so high strung super cars and race cars need a engine rebuild after a certain amount of kilometers or hours
No, they shouldn't. Giving a car a run through the car wash and changing the oil to get tiny bit more out of the engine is one thing, having to mess about with engine rebuilds and general wear and tear on parts...total waste of time.
 
I couldn't see PD being able to get away with more than the manufacturers designated maintenance schedules and even so, the possibility of people not doing the routine maintenance would create too many variables. Across the board performance drop...

Do we really want the most reliable car in the game to be the Volvo 240 GLT Estate '88 ?
 
What I would like to see is the need to replace broken parts or even a whole car if you wreck it. That would at least limit the number of people online who concentrate on everything else but racing. It would also make people more careful which I think would add realism.
 
Broken cooling on your fiat panda because of the huge turbo you put on without an intercooler!
 
If 4x4s/SUVs were in, imagine the fun you'd have with a Mercedes Unimog, Landy Defender, Landcruiser BJ42, 3.9ltr Range Rover & various Jeeps etc.Imagine the modifications & drivetrain upgrades/swaps you could do, then take them up a 75 degree muddy slope or on a huge offroad course.With weather ofcourse.Could drive through the Ozzy bush, across a 50 mile long beach, that trip the TG boys went on recently.
 
Hey peeps, i found this website & they are based in the U.K..If you want to, read through the topics.You might be amazed at what they can do.

http://www.simul-x.com/
 
Really interesting... engine vibrations , and the tyre deformation was really nice, that brings me some questions... would GT have "blow" tyres possibility?
 
Yeah thats it Cletus.There is a whole list of things, that would need replacing e.g. all replacement fluids, starter motors, radiators + fans & hoses, belts, timing adjustments, tappet adjustment, ecu fettling or carburettor balancing + replacement jets, spark plugs, heater plugs for TD/D engines, distributors, plug leads/HT leads etc, air filters, oil filters, fuel filters, crank breathers, fuel lines, brake lines, brake discs/clamps, tyres, alternators, batteries, electrical system, airflow meters, lamba sensors, catalytic converters, exhausts plus gaskets & brackets.There is a whole load of wear & tear items.Also imagine trying to race a car with a cold engine & gearbox, the car ain't going to like you for it.Here is a good example, a S1 E Type with a 4 speed manual Moss gearbox.Most of this changes, depending on how recent the technology is.

I think its going a bit too far. There should be general parts replacement maintenance, but not in that much detail. i.e. a little more than GT4 had, but a lot less than what you propose.
 
It's a possibility that tyres could burst & deflate, ooooo what about run flat tyres.Cletus & me want it Seismica, with fingers crossed.It maybe too complicated, though i just think & agree with others that the driving skills would dramatically get better, making people concentrate on driving instead of many getting rammed off the circuit.
 
I think its going a bit too far. There should be general parts replacement maintenance, but not in that much detail. i.e. a little more than GT4 had, but a lot less than what you propose.

While I agree that it may take it a bit far I think that it would be a great addition for the GT mode part of the game. I want completing GT mode to take as long as possible since we probably will not see GT6 for another 10 or 15 years after GT5 release, so bring on "wear-n-tear" and engine rebuilds and anything else that will prolong my GT enjoyment. Better get your a$$ buisy KY! Just kidding on that last sentence.
 
I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be like you have just described!👍

Me too, that does sound awesome, but I guess they wont want to over-complicate it as it may scare off casual gamers...

Man I hate casual gamers... surely that what Arcade mode is for!

:)
 
[UK] ANDYW;3716626
Me too, that does sound awesome, but I guess they wont want to over-complicate it as it may scare off casual gamers...

Man I hate casual gamers... surely that what Arcade mode is for!

:)

Arcade mode, standard physics, and damage turned off= casual gamers. I wish PD would make a GT dedicated to the "hard core" only, then we could have it our way! They could even give it a warning lable Saying how this game is not for the casual gamer.
 
Back