Personality test

Discussion in 'The Rumble Strip' started by Technicolors, May 11, 2015.

1. Techy

Techy

Found a pretty cool website that tries to describe who you are and why you do the things you do. More or less a personality test. Here's the link to it: http://www.16personalities.com/

It'll take only a couple of minutes. Once you're done it'll give you a nice description on what kind of person you are. You can post your results here if you want.

Sorry if this has been posted before. Thought it'll be worth posting

VBR likes this.
  2. TB

TB Moderator

Defender, ISFJ-A

Reading through the description, that seems fairly accurate.

3. Liquid

Liquid Premium

ukfan758 and Swagger897 like this.
  4. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk Premium

MEDIATOR (INFP-T)

I don't think this was accurate, it doesn't allow for people (such as myself), that feel and think one way, but have to be and act another. I've had to take psychological tests before at work and the results have normally surprised.

edit: Okay so it's not a million miles off, but a number of the questions were contradictory in themselves for me.

250 GTO, Mike458 and Skython like this.
  5. Whitetail

Whitetail Premium

6. Dennisch

Dennisch Premium

7. Jet Badger

Jet Badger

8. GranTurismo916

GranTurismo916

9. Beeblebrox237

Beeblebrox237 Premium

Apparently I'm someone who doesn't really like personality tests and thinks they're a waste of time.

10. Danny

Danny Premium

ARCHITECT (INTJ-T)

It all checks out. :tup:

INTJ RELATIONSHIPS
    In romance, people with the INTJ personality type approach things the way they do with most situations: they compose a series of calculated actions with a predicted and desirable end goal - a healthy long-term relationship. Rather than falling head over heels in a whirlwind of passion and romance, INTJs identify potential partners who meet a certain range of pre-determined criteria, break the dating process down into a series of measurable milestones, then proceed to execute the plan with clinical precision.

In a purely rational world, this is a fool-proof methodology - but in reality, it ignores significant details that INTJs are likely to dismiss prematurely, such as human nature. INTJs are brilliantly intellectual, developing a world in their heads that is more perfect than reality. People entering this world need to fit this fantasy, and it can be incredibly difficult for INTJs to find someone up to the task. Needless to say, finding a compatible partner is the most significant challenge most INTJs will face in life.

POLITENESS IS ARTIFICIAL GOOD HUMOR
    Sentiment, tradition, and emotion are INTJs' Achilles Heel. Social standards like chivalry are viewed by INTJs as silly, even demeaning. The problem is, these standards have developed as a means of smoothing introductions and developing rapport, of managing expectations, the basis of personal relationships. INTJs' propensity for frank honesty in word and action tends to violate this social contract, making dating especially difficult for them.

[​IMG]As they mature, INTJs will come to recognize these factors as relevant, incorporating pace and emotional availability into their plans. But the meantime can be dangerous, especially for more Turbulent INTJs - if they are shot down too many times they may come to the conclusion that everyone else is simply too irrational, or simply beneath them intellectually. If cynicism takes hold, INTJs may end up falling into the trap of intentionally displaying intellectual arrogance, making solitude their choice rather than happenstance.

ALWAYS REMAIN COOL
    The positive side of INTJs' “giving up” is that they are most attractive when they aren't trying to be attractive, working in a familiar environment where their confidence and intelligence can be seen in action. Allowing others to come to them is often INTJs' best strategy, and if they perceive a potential to the relationship, they will spare no effort in developing and maintaining stability and long-term satisfaction.

As their relationships develop, INTJs' partners will find an imaginative and enthusiastic companion, who will share their world and at the same time grant a huge degree of independence and trust. While INTJs may never be fully comfortable expressing their feelings, and may spend more time theorizing about intimacy than engaging in it, they can always be relied upon to think out a mutually beneficial solution to any situation.

INTJs seek strong, deep relationships, and trust their knowledge and logic to ensure that their partner is satisfied, both intellectually and physically.
    But when it comes to emotional satisfaction, INTJs are simply out of their element. Not every partner has the sort of fun INTJs do in addressing conflicts and emotional needs as puzzles to be analyzed and solved. Sometimes emotions need to be expressed for their own sake, and putting every outburst under the microscope isn't always helpful. If this becomes habit, or INTJs think it may, they are capable of simply ending the relationship, rather than dragging things out.

TRUTH AND MORALITY
    INTJs are bewilderingly deep and intelligent people, bringing stability and insight into their romantic relationships. They prize honest, open communication, and all factors of the relationship are open to discussion and change, but this must be reciprocated. INTJs do what they think is right, and sometimes that comes across as cold - it's important to know that INTJs don't make these decisions lightly. They spend a tremendous amount of time and energy trying to understand why and how things go wrong, especially if they've devoted themselves to the relationship, and they certainly hurt deeply when things fall apart.

The challenge is finding partners who share those same values - though Intuitive (N) types are uncommon, they may be a must for many INTJs, as sharing this trait creates an immediate sense of mutual belonging. Having one or two balancing traits, such as Extraversion (E), Feeling (F), or Prospecting (P) can help to keep a relationship dynamic and growth-oriented by keeping INTJs involved with other people, in touch with their emotions, and open to alternate potentials.

Mike458, Draggon and Noob616 like this.
  11. Beeblebrox237

Beeblebrox237 Premium

@Danny It claims you have weaknesses. It must not be very accurate.

ukfan758, ECGadget, CallmeDan and 3 others like this.
  12. Aki Ko

Aki Ko

I've taken multiple tests like this and I'm consistently getting INFP.

I took this test for fun and looky here:

INFP-T

GranTurismo916 likes this.
  13. DG_Silva

DG_Silva Premium

ISFJ-A for me.

14. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

(Defender) ISFJ-A

Surprisingly, accurate. A big surprise too considering I didn't get this result the last time I took a similar test so I've changed somewhere along the way.

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  15. Joel

Joel Premium

I got Mediator (INFP-A) which I think is fairly accurate.

Granted, these kinds of things always seem to be more accurate than they really are. They're a bit like horoscopes where no matter what they say it's really easy to say "that's just like me!".

Mike458 likes this.
  16. Famine

Famine Administrator

I got Chaos Neutral (TLDR-W).

ukfan758, Luminis, Mike458 and 3 others like this.
  17. TB

TB Moderator

Is the -W for Wade? :lol:

18. Slash

Slash Premium

19. GTRacer22

GTRacer22 Premium

DEFENDER ISFJ.

Seems pretty accurate, and it's quite scary! :dunce:

20. Mike458

Mike458

I'm the INFP Mediator.

Also seems quite accurate!

21. Michael88

Michael88

The LOGICIAN INTP-T

I just read through the description and I have to say its remarkably spot-on.

VBR and Kryption like this.
  22. Kryption

Kryption

Logician (INTP-T)

There's a few things that's quite off, but in general it's pretty accurate lol.

Whether the chicken crossed the road or the road crossed the chicken depends on your frame of reference.

Albert Einstein
    The INTP personality type is fairly rare, making up only three percent of the population, which is definitely a good thing for them, as there's nothing they'd be more unhappy about than being "common". INTPs pride themselves on their inventiveness and creativity, their unique perspective and vigorous intellect. Usually known as the philosopher, the architect, or the dreamy professor, INTPs have been responsible for many scientific discoveries throughout history.

The Unexamined Life is Not Worth Living
    INTPs are known for their brilliant theories and unrelenting logic - in fact, they are considered the most logically precise of all the personality types.
    They love patterns, and spotting discrepancies between statements could almost be described as a hobby, making it a bad idea to lie to an INTP. This makes it ironic that INTPs' word should always be taken with a grain of salt - it's not that they are dishonest, but people with the INTP personality type tend to share thoughts that are not fully developed, using others as a sounding board for ideas and theories in a debate against themselves rather than as actual conversation partners.

This may make them appear unreliable, but in reality no one is more enthusiastic and capable of spotting a problem, drilling through the endless factors and details that encompass the issue and developing a unique and viable solution than INTPs - just don't expect punctual progress reports. People who share the INTP personality type aren't interested in practical, day-to-day activities and maintenance, but when they find an environment where their creative genius and potential can be expressed, there is no limit to the time and energy INTPs will expend in developing an insightful and unbiased solution.

Wisdom Begins in Wonder
    They may appear to drift about in an unending daydream, but INTPs' thought process is unceasing, and their minds buzz with ideas from the moment they wake up. This constant thinking can have the effect of making them look pensive and detached, as they are often conducting full-fledged debates in their own heads, but really INTPs are quite relaxed and friendly when they are with people they know, or who share their interests. However, this can be replaced by overwhelming shyness when INTP personalities are among unfamiliar faces, and friendly banter can quickly become combative if they believe their logical conclusions or theories are being criticized.

When INTPs are particularly excited, the conversation can border on incoherence as they try to explain the daisy-chain of logical conclusions that led to the formation of their latest idea. Oftentimes, INTPs will opt to simply move on from a topic before it's ever understood what they were trying to say, rather than try to lay things out in plain terms.

The reverse can also be true when people explain their thought processes to INTPs in terms of subjectivity and feeling. Imagine an immensely complicated clockwork, taking in every fact and idea possible, processing them with a heavy dose of creative reasoning and returning the most logically sound results available - this is how the INTP mind works, and this type has little tolerance for an emotional monkey-wrench jamming their machines.

Let Those Who Would Move the World First Move Themselves
    Further, with Thinking (T) as one of their governing traits, INTPs are unlikely to understand emotional complaints at all, and their friends won't find a bedrock of emotional support in them. People with the INTP personality type would much rather make a series of logical suggestions for how to resolve the underlying issue, a perspective that is not always welcomed by their Feeling (F) companions. This will likely extend to most social conventions and goals as well, like planning dinners and getting married, as INTPs are far more concerned with originality and efficient results.

The one thing that really holds INTPs back is their restless and pervasive fear of failure. INTP personalities are so prone to reassessing their own thoughts and theories, worrying that they've missed some critical piece of the puzzle, that they can stagnate, lost in an intangible world where their thoughts are never truly applied. Overcoming this self-doubt stands as the greatest challenge INTPs are likely to face, but the intellectual gifts - big and small - bestowed on the world when they do makes it worth the fight.

23. TB

TB Moderator

We're all a bunch of introverts.

That's why we hide behind our avatars and screen names. :lol:

24. Kryption

Kryption

But I'm an extroverted introvert, it doesn't make sense but if you knew me it would haha.

25. Joel

Joel Premium

Ugh, that is such an INTP thing to say. :p

ukfan758, kikie, Mike458 and 6 others like this.
  26. Wiegert

Wiegert Premium

ISFJ-T (Defender).

Don't really agree with ~50% Feeling. But I do tend to be a bit of a worryguts.

27. Cowboy

Cowboy Premium

Defender (ISFJ-A)

28. Smurfybug

Smurfybug

YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE IS:
    PROTAGONIST(ENFJ-T)

It actually shows what I am, I lead most of the time and I get offended easily but I care about others first.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
    Kryption likes this.
  29. Akmuq

Akmuq

30. Aesthetics

Aesthetics

ENFP-A (CAMPAIGNER)
    Last time I took this test, I got INFP-A and felt that it was't too accurate. This one is, this time, though.