[PETITION] Make Gran Turismo 7 available to play offline.

And some impeccable manners.....
I don't really care about manners, especially when there is absolutely no real need to have a game be always online, and not even give you the ability to save games locally, leaving you at the whims of the server if it goes down, on whether or not you're actually able to play a game offline. Especially when the game is being advertised as having a heavily expanded single player component, one you can't even use if the servers go offline for any length of time. How do you not see how blinkered that is?

Because I don't care about the single player part I guess.
Or maybe I'm smooth-brained, what do I know.

Anyways, I guess the real reason is I am always connected all the time.

Last edited:
Because I don't care about the single player part I guess.
The vast majority of people do. Polyphony certainly wouldn't have cynically added a single player component to Sport after the game bombed and copies could be had for 20 bucks in Gamestop bargain bins if the vast majority of people realized that making a game entirely focused on online racing with no real single player content was a bad idea. They absolutely wouldn't have spent a good amount of time in the most recent trailer peppering the game with references to past GT games and by showing off as much of the single player components as they could if people weren't interested in a single player portion.

All of this falls by the wayside when you need an internet connection to access 85% of it, and that's being charitable.

Agree. It would open the door for hacks if GT7 had an offline save, as you said look what happen to GT5.

It should be have an offline save once the server goes down for GT Sport, but who is going to play GT Sport once GT7 comes out ?.
Exactly, by the time they shut off the GT7 servers, guess what, GT8 will be out and I'll want to play that and won't care about GT7 servers. On and on we go :)

Jerome

Last edited:
I'm not saying GT7 being online only is good or bad, but here's what I think.

If the post-launch support for GT7 is anything like what it was for Sport, you're going to want an internet connection to go along with this game for sure. Not to mention if all the community features carry over from Sport, you'd be missing out on a lot without one.

When it comes to issues like bad connections or stuff like that, I don't have amazing internet and I think connection issues that bricked the game were a problem for me like once or twice while playing Sport for four years. So I'd say the amount of issues I had were negligible.

But yeah with that said, I definitely do support offline saves after the lifecycle of the game is over. We'll see how they handle Sport but I don't see anyone wanting to revisit it once GT7 comes out with all that game's content and a ton more.
Try a cheap mesh system. You can plug a satellite near your PlayStation and ethernet it to that and you should have a stable connection. The satellite should also boost the Wi-fi signal.

A solid 3rd party router usually doesn’t hurt either.

Not that I’m pro online only saves, I’m not, but for you specifically something like that could be a good investment all round. It may may not help of course, but worth doing some research on at least.

Last edited:
I absolutely understand the concern about end of life.
But frankly I can't understand the fuss about demanding an internet connection to play.
Haven't you all already have one?
It doesn't need PS+ so there's no cost.
I have an active internet connection anyway and if I wanted to take the console on a camping trip (I don't) I could just connect it to my phone's hotspot.
It's not going to be bandwidth demanding exactly...
Based on your post, I believe you from Sweden don't have internet problems.
Here in Brazil we have many problems. As I said before, Igor's connection fell right in the Olympic Final...

And we have another inconvenience with this obligation: How am I going to do the 24 hours of Le Mans with my friends in the country house where there is no internet signal? ;)

Exactly, by the time they shut off the GT7 servers, guess what, GT8 will be out and I'll want to play that and won't care about GT7 servers. On and on we go :)

Jerome
ZkiFHyb.png

Oh yeah, I'm sure you're the expert, knowing your history with cheating for money.

Would PD/Sony found out that I had my Playstation on overnight to get a few hundreds credits for GT Sport, would they take any action against me, no the would not because you can leave your PS on to do races overnight.

Last edited:
Microsoft was the first to usher in this era.

You have an always on console with always on software.

You have to live in the developed world in an area with good internet.

When asked about areas of the US with less developed internet they replied "why would I want to live there?"

When asked about what people do if they're on nuclear sub or carrier? Then we have the xbox 360.

And this is the current situation in 2020/2021 with them both.

I certainly do not agree with them but knew this coming into GT Sport late 2017.

:lol: Awesome.

I know where you are coming from, I do. It's just that we don't really have a say in it, do we (unfortunately)? I just rarely ever want to fire up old GT games for nostalgia, I always prefer the latest physics/graphics, etc. But that's just me. I have GT4 as my fav Gran Turismo game and #2 of all time...haven't touched it since GT5 came out.

Don't get me wrong, I think it'd be fair if we could have offline game saves when the online servers are turned off, then if someone enjoys that specific game enough, they can be content. 👍

Jerome

Last edited:
:lol: Awesome.

I know where you are coming from, I do. It's just that we don't really have a say in it, do we (unfortunately)? I just rarely ever want to fire up old GT games for nostalgia, I always prefer the latest physics/graphics, etc. But that's just me. I have GT4 as my fav Gran Turismo game and #2 of all time...haven't touched it since GT5 came out.

Don't get me wrong, I think it'd be fair if we could have offline game saves when the online servers are turned off, then if someone enjoys that specific game enough, they can be content. 👍

Jerome
That's fair, but I'd imagine most people, especially here, would prefer to experience more of what each installment has to offer before jumping onto the next one, and that's not even going into the nostalgic value of going back to older games 10-20 or more years down the line.

I don't really care about manners
Well, they do have a point, and I might be more inclined to reply to your counterpoints if you saw fit to deploy some.

Anyway, benefit of the doubt; games have lifespans now, clearly, and this didn't really used to be the case. PD clearly see a value in having a "current" product and not servicing their past titles, I won't guess at their reasoning for it as there are plenty of sound reasons to operate this way.

It's in PDs interest, obviously, to sell the next game in the series, and one way to make sure they do that is to categorically cut off the old game, it makes an effective statement that you can't expect any developer attention on that game anymore, that is an obsolete product in the eyes of the people who made it. As a consumer, you don't really have a leg to stand on stamping your feet over this, as it's well within their rights to do so, whether you personally like it or not.

You have to understand, people who want offline saving in a Gran Turismo game (particularly in reference to Sport, a deeply thin game when it comes to offline content), they're in a niche. Most people don't care, and this isn't going to be reflected in a nexus for the passionate such as GTPlanet, but by and large I can assure you, were you to survey the playerbase across the board, most people simply wouldn't care.

Most people want to be on the current game on the newest hardware and couldn't care less what happens to what they leave behind. This is true, accepting it will probably help people wrap their head around what I'm sure seems like a baffling call from where you're sitting.

Now we've both claimed we sit on the majority side of this argument, so realistically from the point of a passive observer, we can throw those points out of the window, but we are still here in reality, where PD has taken the decision not to enable offline saving with this game, and, having proposed some reasoning for that (conjecture though it may be), rather than simply scratching my head and accusing them of some unspecified villainy, I do feel I might have the right of it.

Observe the landscape around you in this hobby, before you go crying about retaining features and ways of doing things from the PS2 era, if only because I'd rather you save yourselves the wasted effort;

PD will not budge over this, and I'm almost sure they're confused why people are even asking that they would.

Last edited:
Well, they do have a point, and I might be more inclined to reply to your counterpoints if you saw fit to deploy some.

Anyway, benefit of the doubt; games have lifespans now, clearly, and this didn't really used to be the case. PD clearly see a value in having a "current" product and not servicing their past titles, I won't guess at their reasoning for it as there are plenty of sound reasons to operate this way.

It's in PDs interest, obviously, to sell the next game in the series, and one way to make sure they do that is to categorically cut off the old game, it makes an effective statement that you can't expect any developer attention on that game anymore, that is an obsolete product in the eyes of the people who made it. As a consumer, you don't really have a leg to stand on stamping your feet over this, as it's well within their rights to do so, whether you personally like it or not.

You have to understand, people who want offline saving in a Gran Turismo game (particularly in reference to Sport, a deeply thin game when it comes to offline content), they're in a niche. Most people don't care, and this isn't going to be reflected in a nexus for the passionate such as GTPlanet, but by and large I can assure you, were you to survey the playerbase across the board, most people simply wouldn't care.

Most people want to be on the current game on the newest hardware and couldn't care less what happens to what they leave behind. This is true, accepting it will probably help people wrap their head around what I'm sure seems like a baffling call from where you're sitting.

Now we've both claimed we sit on the majority side of this argument, so realistically from the point of a passive observer, we can throw those points out of the window, but we are still here in reality, where PD has taken the decision not to enable offline saving with this game, and, having proposed some reasoning for that (conjecture though it may be), rather than simply scratching my head and accusing them of some unspecified villainy, I do feel I might have the right of it.

Observe the landscape around you in this hobby, before you go crying about retaining features and ways of doing things from the PS2 era, if only because I'd rather you save yourselves the wasted effort;

PD will not budge over this, and I'm almost sure they're confused why people are even asking that they would.
I am certain that PD has no say in this. It's the publisher and hardware seller that decided this. Sony.

I wonder how many people these days don't have internet connection at their homes to make this such a big deal.
If you are talking about the future when the game shuts down the servers, for example in GT Sport, then they might add a final update that may allow you to save offline... Nobody has even thought about this very simple solution?

Last edited:
Anyway, benefit of the doubt; games have lifespans now
Was I doubting that? Of course they do - that isn't being doubted. What is being doubted is the purpose of being an effectively always online game when there is an increased focus on single player content. What is the point of trumpeting this in both trailers that have been released if they are going to be knocked out the second there is a server outage, or the game reaches end of life?

It's in PDs interest, obviously, to sell the next game in the series, and one way to make sure they do that is to categorically cut off the old game, it makes an effective statement that you can't expect any developer attention on that game anymore, that is an obsolete product in the eyes of the people who made it.
...and yet after being delisted, Forza Motorsport 7 will still be available for those to play with online, and indeed, offline. So has Forza Horizon 3, 2, and 1. And 4 will follow this too. This isn't the empirical argument that you think it is. Hell, 95% of Battlefield games still have servers up, run by fans. And since BF3, EA has continued to allow for their own servers to be used in these games in order to shoulder the load with regards to surges of interest, such as the case with BF4 after 2042 was announced. So yeah - that blows a hole in your argument that you can't expect any developer attention, and it's relatively recent too!

You have to understand, people who want offline saving in a Gran Turismo game (particularly in reference to Sport, a deeply thin game when it comes to offline content), they're in a niche.
They're gonna care when their save data doesn't match with the server's save data and wipes out potentially hours of their progress simply because Polyphony believes that online saves were a good idea. You play DiRT Rally 2.0 - the same issues plagued the game at launch, and still do, because Codemasters forces you to log onto Racenet and does the same thing in principal as GTS and presumably GT7. But once more - at least I'll be able to play DR2.0 offline when the servers are turned off!

Why do you think GT has the fanbase it does? The fact that for 4 games in the series, one only really needs a system, and a copy of the game (or in the case of emulation, an ISO and the requisite emulation software) in order to play. Hell, you can still play GT5 and 6 even though they had the servers shut off. Yet GT Sport won't be, and what happens to those who own the game, physically or digitally? You have a paperweight, even with it's single player content that was bolted on after the fact.

I also laugh at your reasoning that most people want to game with the latest. Oh yeah, like Microsoft hasn't had success adding backwards compatible games to Game Pass from both the original Xbox and the 360, consistently, while Sony would rather sell it back to you at a raised rate while also more or less shouting the same arguments you are, when it's proven to be not the case at all. Why a sizeable group people on this very site clamor for a remaster of GT's 1 through 4 even though the logistics make it impossible. Why retro gaming is becoming more popular.

rather than simply scratching my head and accusing them of some unspecified villainy, I do feel I might have the right of it.
What 'right'? It's been proven that there hasn't been a desire to hack save files in order to add hybrids into daily/FIA races in Sport, so any actual reasoning for making save files locked down and require a handshake with an online server are blown apart. The FIA certainly didn't mandate it. There has been other online focused racing games, in the past decade, that you can still play with an offline save, and can also play 85% to 90% of without trouble. Yet GT Sport, you won't be able to be. And GT7 is saying that you won't be able to either. For a game that pushes single player content the way it does, how can anyone not see how absolutely blinkered that dichotomy of beliefs is?

I have observed the landscape. 95% of racing games offer some sort of offline play in the last decade. And I have not seen any arguments, certainly from your circular logic or anyone else, that says making online saves a thing is a good idea, when the reasonings for doing so are broken down for the falsehoods they are.

Once more, Forza Horizon 4 is almost as online as GTS and GT7 will be, maybe even a bit more. But one can choose (and very easily, in fact!) to play offline. When it's all said and done, when the game is delisted and the servers turned off, one can very easily play the game if they have it. And it certainly allows for offline saves, like most every other developer in the industry.

Aside from straight out acting like Polyphony are somehow brain dead morons who are confused about why these concerns are being raised, they know. If they didn't, then they wouldn't have cynically added single player content, however basic and bolted on they were, to GT Sport when the game was lagging behind in sales because people pointed out, correctly, that it was a game that had nothing if you weren't into online racing. They wouldn't have spent the past two trailers pointing out, in great detail, the single player content in GT7, and certainly wouldn't have spent the last trailer rehashing GT history for a cheap pop of nostalgia like the WWE pushing out old legends for the same purpose.

Polyphony may be outdated and ignorant in some ways (the fact that their media relations are simply Kaz posting a silhouette picture on Twitter when he feels like it, when other Japanese developers are able to go in front of a camera and hype people up, and post patch notes on their websites and social media feeds, even translated, proves this pretty conclusively) but they certainly aren't stupid like you're trying to posit. They know what they are doing. Yet they still believe that making a game effectively always online, while also touting its single player capabilities right from the hop, is a good idea. How can anyone with half a brain not see the cynical nature of this? This is effectively what you are trying to tie yourself into knots to defend, by the way.

I am certain that PD has no say in this. It's the publisher and hardware seller that decided this. Sony.
Then they both deserve blame. Sony for being the arrogant pricks that they are now that they have a clear lead in the gaming space, and have for a console generation and a quarter, and Polyphony for effectively lying to people by way of making a single player focused game always online. 'Arrogant Sony' exists as a meme for a reason. And likewise, why should people trust Polyphony to add offline capabilities to GT Sport, or not turn the servers in GT7 and leave you, the player, up ****'s creek if you want to play the game again 10, 15 years down the line, when their own history with shutting down servers and support for their games in record time after the newest game has been released is well established?

This truly reminds me of Polyphony locking the credit cap increase behind the Lewis Hamilton DLC. People twisting themselves into knots trying to defend Polyphony and make up ludicrous reasons to do so, when 99% of devs, Japanese or Western, would have added that for free in a patch, usually in the first or second patch released. Except this isn't exactly as small fry as a credits cap, is it?

Last edited:
Was I doubting that? Of course they do - that isn't being doubted. What is being doubted is the purpose of being an effectively always online game when there is an increased focus on single player content. What is the point of trumpeting this in both trailers that have been released if they are going to be knocked out the second there is a server outage, or the game reaches end of life?

...and yet after being delisted, Forza Motorsport 7 will still be available for those to play with online, and indeed, offline. So has Forza Horizon 3, 2, and 1. And 4 will follow this too. This isn't the empirical argument that you think it is. Hell, 95% of Battlefield games still have servers up, run by fans. And since BF3, EA has continued to allow for their own servers to be used in these games in order to shoulder the load with regards to surges of interest, such as the case with BF4 after 2042 was announced. So yeah - that blows a hole in your argument that you can't expect any developer attention, and it's relatively recent too!

They're gonna care when their save data doesn't match with the server's save data and wipes out potentially hours of their progress simply because Polyphony believes that online saves were a good idea. You play DiRT Rally 2.0 - the same issues plagued the game at launch, and still do, because Codemasters forces you to log onto Racenet and does the same thing in principal as GTS and presumably GT7. But once more - at least I'll be able to play DR2.0 offline when the servers are turned off!

Why do you think GT has the fanbase it does? The fact that for 4 games in the series, one only really needs a system, and a copy of the game (or in the case of emulation, an ISO and the requisite emulation software) in order to play. Hell, you can still play GT5 and 6 even though they had the servers shut off. Yet GT Sport won't be, and what happens to those who own the game, physically or digitally? You have a paperweight, even with it's single player content that was bolted on after the fact.

I also laugh at your reasoning that most people want to game with the latest. Oh yeah, like Microsoft hasn't had success adding backwards compatible games to Game Pass from both the original Xbox and the 360, consistently, while Sony would rather sell it back to you at a raised rate while also more or less shouting the same arguments you are, when it's proven to be not the case at all. Why a sizeable group people on this very site clamor for a remaster of GT's 1 through 4 even though the logistics make it impossible. Why retro gaming is becoming more popular.

What 'right'? It's been proven that there hasn't been a desire to hack save files in order to add hybrids into daily/FIA races in Sport, so any actual reasoning for making save files locked down and require a handshake with an online server are blown apart. The FIA certainly didn't mandate it. There has been other online focused racing games, in the past decade, that you can still play with an offline save, and can also play 85% to 90% of without trouble. Yet GT Sport, you won't be able to be. And GT7 is saying that you won't be able to either. For a game that pushes single player content the way it does, how can anyone not see how absolutely blinkered that dichotomy of beliefs is?

I have observed the landscape. 95% of racing games offer some sort of offline play in the last decade. And I have not seen any arguments, certainly from your circular logic or anyone else, that says making online saves a thing is a good idea, when the reasonings for doing so are broken down for the falsehoods they are.

Once more, Forza Horizon 4 is almost as online as GTS and GT7 will be, maybe even a bit more. But one can choose (and very easily, in fact!) to play offline. When it's all said and done, when the game is delisted and the servers turned off, one can very easily play the game if they have it. And it certainly allows for offline saves, like most every other developer in the industry.

Aside from straight out acting like Polyphony are somehow brain dead morons who are confused about why these concerns are being raised, they know. If they didn't, then they wouldn't have cynically added single player content, however basic and bolted on they were, to GT Sport when the game was lagging behind in sales because people pointed out, correctly, that it was a game that had nothing if you weren't into online racing. They wouldn't have spent the past two trailers pointing out, in great detail, the single player content in GT7, and certainly wouldn't have spent the last trailer rehashing GT history for a cheap pop of nostalgia like the WWE pushing out old legends for the same purpose.

Polyphony may be outdated and ignorant in some ways (the fact that their media relations are simply Kaz posting a silhouette picture on Twitter when he feels like it, when other Japanese developers are able to go in front of a camera and hype people up, and post patch notes on their websites and social media feeds, even translated, proves this pretty conclusively) but they certainly aren't stupid like you're trying to posit. They know what they are doing. Yet they still believe that making a game effectively always online, while also touting its single player capabilities right from the hop, is a good idea. How can anyone with half a brain not see the cynical nature of this? This is effectively what you are trying to tie yourself into knots to defend, by the way.

Then they both deserve blame. Sony for being the arrogant pricks that they are now that they have a clear lead in the gaming space, and have for a console generation and a quarter, and Polyphony for effectively lying to people by way of making a single player focused game always online. 'Arrogant Sony' exists as a meme for a reason. And likewise, why should people trust Polyphony to add offline capabilities to GT Sport, or not turn the servers in GT7 and leave you, the player, up ****'s creek if you want to play the game again 10, 15 years down the line, when their own history with shutting down servers and support for their games in record time after the newest game has been released is well established?

This truly reminds me of Polyphony locking the credit cap increase behind the Lewis Hamilton DLC. People twisting themselves into knots trying to defend Polyphony and make up ludicrous reasons to do so, when 99% of devs, Japanese or Western, would have added that for free in a patch, usually in the first or second patch released. Except this isn't exactly as small fry as a credits cap, is it?
Just for the record, addressing your first point.

The "benefit of the doubt" I was giving was to YOU, in regards to the eye-rolling tone of your first reply, which as others pointed out was pretty rude. I don't care to get into rude discussions about stuff that I don't really care about that much, particularly in a public forum where others might want to post.

But I thought I'd give you the benefit of the doubt and try to explain my viewpoint a little more.

I can tell by your use of language in both replies that you're not budging on this, which is fine, you have every right to stand by how you feel, but I'm not really interested in arguing it any further, with the direction the tone of the conversation is now heading, as no one is paying me to defend the actions of multinational huge corporations that can look after themselves.

Peace out and I hope you enjoy the game when it comes.

Last edited:
The easy solution and the one that really would make Sony take notion is to not buy a PS5, but go buy an Xbox and Forza and then state everywhere that it's because you can play single player without internet. If you can get about a million or two to do so I think they might patch it...

The easy solution and the one that really would make Sony take notion is to not buy a PS5, but go buy an Xbox and Forza and then state everywhere that it's because you can play single player without internet. If you can get about a million or two to do so I think they might patch it...
t. microsoft employee

t. microsoft employee
Frankly, getting a hundred or even a thousand to sign this petition is like pissing in the ocean and trying to heat it up.
I don't care for Microsoft much, but if that one, in my opinion, insignificant detail about the game is a deal breaker then to vote with your money is the way to go. It's about the only leverage we as consumers have.
PD and Sony know full well that even if a lot of people are outraged or mildly annoyed by this they will buy the game anyway

It's called an example. Considering Forza Horizon and Forza Motorsport are what I mostly play now (and I did buy a Xbox Series S, considering the fact that it was what was available to me, and Game Pass is a hell of a deal when you break it down to brass tacks), it's one that I'm familiar with. But then again, knowing this forum, that devolves into fights whenever Forza is mentioned in any regard, even in context, I'm not surprised this is basically the modus operandi.

If you're going to brow beat me for outlining the reasons why always online in a game that is pushing single player more then ever, and forcing saves to have a hand shake with an online server isn't a bad thing, then the least you can do is offer a rebuttal. At the very least, T10, Playground and Microsoft realize how blinkered something like this is and have taken steps to mitigate. Microsoft got the ball rolling on it, and were rightfully dragged over the coals for it, but they seem to be doing right by it now. Seems like Polyphony and Sony especially have something to learn.

It's called an example. Considering Forza Horizon and Forza Motorsport are what I mostly play now (and I did buy a Xbox Series S, considering the fact that it was what was available to me, and Game Pass is a hell of a deal when you break it down to brass tacks), it's one that I'm familiar with. But then again, knowing this forum, that devolves into fights whenever Forza is mentioned in any regard, even in context, I'm not surprised this is basically the modus operandi.

If you're going to brow beat me for outlining the reasons why always online in a game that is pushing single player more then ever, and forcing saves to have a hand shake with an online server isn't a bad thing, then the least you can do is offer a rebuttal. At the very least, T10, Playground and Microsoft realize how blinkered something like this is and have taken steps to mitigate. Microsoft got the ball rolling on it, and were rightfully dragged over the coals for it, but they seem to be doing right by it now. Seems like Polyphony and Sony especially have something to learn.
Grandpa is not the one who heavily lowered the tone of this exchange. That was you, reap what you've sowed.

Grandpa is not the one who heavily lowered the tone of this exchange. That was you, reap what you've sowed.
Excuse me for not following into line with thinking that making a game always online in effect, and not allowing you to have offline saves, and subsequently have progress be wiped out if the server thinks something is hinky, isn't a good thing.

I call ******** when I see it. And I see a whole lot of ******** in this thread, especially from people trying to twist themselves into knots to effectively defend Polyphony, and by proxy Sony, for adding this onto a game that ostensibly is putting more of a public focus on single player content while also doublespeaking behind their backs saying that you'll need an internet connection in order to access 85% of that single player content.

Considering Polyphony's own history with shutting down their servers, how can anyone think otherwise? Doesn't matter what the sales numbers say at the end of the day, when a sizeable chunk of the fanbase is more interested in GT7 because of the focus on single player content, it's gonna really suck when they play the game in 15 years time and realize that they can't play a vast majority of the single player content because it requires an internet connection. Yes, even Scapes, where you're basically photoshopping a car onto a high quality PNG. What's the excuse then? We're on to GT8, no one plays the older games, even when the nostalgia and desire to play the past GT games is as strong as ever, being stoked by Polyphony themselves?

Last edited:
especially from people trying to twist themselves into knots to effectively defend Polyphony, and by proxy Sony, for adding this onto a game that ostensibly is putting more of a public focus on single player content while also doublespeaking behind their backs saying that you'll need an internet connection in order to access 85% of that single player content.
I am not defending Sony or PD for making that decision. I just don't think it is a big deal..
But I'll leave you all here so you can stand around and wave your pitchforks while yelling about the injustice of a game studio and it's publisher making decisions about their own intellectual property.
Have fun.

Last edited:
Frankly, getting a hundred or even a thousand to sign this petition is like pissing in the ocean and trying to heat it up.
I don't care for Microsoft much, but if that one, in my opinion, insignificant detail about the game is a deal breaker then to vote with your money is the way to go. It's about the only leverage we as consumers have.
PD and Sony know full well that even if a lot of people are outraged or mildly annoyed by this they will buy the game anyway
It wouldn't make any difference. Even if you put a massive crap on GT7 box art, people would still buy it. Not implying that GT is crap or anything. GT is always worth buying.

It's been proven that there hasn't been a desire to hack save files in order to add hybrids into daily/FIA races in Sport, so any actual reasoning for making save files locked down and require a handshake with an online server are blown apart.
Please show me a source of where ''It's been proven that there hasn't been a desire to hack save files in order to add hybrids into daily/FIA races in Sport'' is, and how the hell can you possibly know there's been no desire?

What we have seen is that since the advent of online saving for GT Sport there's been no hybrids and hacked cars in online racing in GT Sport.

Don't get me wrong here, I really don't care what people do to their game when it's offline as long as it doesn't have any effect on the online portion of any game.

-----
And as far as what happens down the track with GT Sport and GT7 saves when the servers shut down, I'll just wait and see what happens with GT Sport before throwing my toys out the pram like some others here.

Please show me a source of where ''It's been proven that there hasn't been a desire to hack save files in order to add hybrids into daily/FIA races in Sport'' is, and how the hell can you possibly know there's been no desire?
Do you see any videos on how to insert hybrid vehicles in GT Sport, that are as numerous as they were for GT5 and 6? Considering the fact that the PS4's internal security is leaps and bounds better then the PS3's (after Sony boasted that it was 'unhackable' and then had it promptly blown wide open by people out of practical spite) it has stopped most people from trying it. Not only that, but it's a simple thing that considering what GT Sport is at the end of the day (that is, a competition focused sim racer) that actual hacking and cheating is more often then not discouraged to begin with. Racing is inherently an act that has a very clear divide between those who are good, and those who are not. More often then not, that divide comes down to racecraft, and tuning set ups. Also, inherently, there is much more at stake, especially for FIA races (even though 99% of the general populace will never even sniff the FIA world tour events) and as such, people are probably going to be playing fair if there is no easy way to cheat. This isn't like Warzone, where Activision (in my mind, deliberately) ignored adding an anti-cheat system to boost player numbers, and then acted surprised that people were jumping into sponsored tournaments and using hacks, leaving these organizations with egg on their face, and subsequently making Activision's game look like the lawless wasteland it was, and indeed still is. Warzone, COD in general, is also a low-ceiling skill game, and with the game desiring people play with all users, also means that console players have to deal with the issue of hackers that they never had to deal with before playing in their own walled off garden.

GT doesn't have that problem considering it's only present on Playstation, and has a much higher skill ceiling. So really...

What we have seen is that since the advent of online saving for GT Sport there's been no hybrids and hacked cars in online racing in GT Sport.
is a lie, or at least partially one, considering that the entire internal security of the PS4 prevents people from easily breaking into the system security and subsequently making hybrids or hacking vehicles, and then letting them loose in online lobbies. Maybe online saves helped it, but I certainly don't think so, and it certainly doesn't take away from the very real concerns of people losing progress in their games if the server's saved data does not match up with that of what has been done online, and the concerns had with regards to potentially having large chunks of the game more or less inaccessible because Polyphony thought it be a good idea to make 85% of the game be inaccessible when there's a server outage, or if they reach end of life support and turn off the servers. Once more, it should be reminded that Polyphony's own history with regards to turning off the servers for their games is well known in this forum, and more often then not ends only months after the next game has been released. A sizeable chunk of online focused, Battlefield among them, keep up support for years, and in some cases, are still supported by the publisher by bearing the load of servers, as was shown by EA adding tons of new official servers after BF4 had a surge of popularity in the wake of 2042's announcement.

Yet even after bolting on a single player portion, GT Sport is in real risk of being a virtual paperweight once GT7 is released, considering how much of it is online based when it doesn't need to be. GT7 is at risk too considering that it follows in GTS' footsteps. Take into account Polyphony's recent history with shutting down the servers of their games, and why wouldn't people be worried? Why wouldn't people be critical?

Back