• Thread starter MarcoM
  • 69 comments
So far:

• Season 1 content is known
  • Season 2 content is unknown :grumpy:
  • You don't have to be online all the time. Enough offline stuff in DR 2.0
  • The game is great
  • Problems with FFB and steering wheel synchronisation
  • In freeplay, you can start racing and choose cars and tracks without having to buy or unlock them. :cheers:
  • Racenet server is here to stay and no problem at all
  • If CM decides to shut down racenet or if CM goes bankrupt, they will probably patch the game so everyone can play it offline.

I'll pick up on this point

• If CM decides to shut down racenet or if CM goes bankrupt, they will probably patch the game so everyone can play it offline.

If CM decides to shut down racenet then this is a possibility, but by no means guaranteed. However, if, as you say, CM goes bankrupt then who is going to patch the game? I can't imagine any developers hanging around to do that if they're not getting paid.

However you need the my team tab in order to upgrade them, and without upgrading you won't go anywhere on the hardest difficulty levels when you run your own custom championships, too

No I mean in free play you have everything unlocked, fully upgraded. It's not an issue there.

Are the cars in free play fully upgraded?

I assume so. There's no upgrade mechanic in free play so one would assume the cars will be as best they can be in the game.

I'm not so sure. There would be no upgrade option if you had not purchased it for said vehicle either. Just like when you enter a Rally without the upgrade. Not saying you are wrong, I'm just not sure.

I'm not so sure. There would be no upgrade option if you had not purchased it for said vehicle either. Just like when you enter a Rally without the upgrade. Not saying you are wrong, I'm just not sure.

When you purchase a vehicle there are two upgrade tabs, one which is automatic and one where you buy the upgrades. Free play doesn't have this.

I'll pick up on this point

If CM decides to shut down racenet then this is a possibility, but by no means guaranteed. However, if, as you say, CM goes bankrupt then who is going to patch the game? I can't imagine any developers hanging around to do that if they're not getting paid.
Bankruptcy is not a sudden thing. It is something you can see coming so if CM wants to take care of their customers, they will be able and probably will patch the game before everything is finitos.

Bankruptcy is not a sudden thing. It is something you can see coming so if CM wants to take care of their customers, they will be able and probably will patch the game before everything is finitos.

^^ Exactly. Always online is a misnomer. Actually what it does(as I'm sure you all know) is simply connect to racenet where the key files are stored to update whever changes are made. If CM ever does go under or decide to discontinue support for 2.0 all they would do is what other companies have done, release a patch which moves all files to the user end and remove the online requirement. Not a big deal really and a red herring in the Racenet debate.

Back