PGA / LPGA / personal golf

• Thread starter Nicksfix
  • 978 comments
I predict Dustin Johnson wins a major this year. He is overdue.

Not a bad choice. đź‘Ť
I am sort of looking for Zach Johnson, Bubba Watson, Matt Kuchar, Charles Howell III, to play some good golf this year. Rory McElroy, another one who's name I think we may hear a lot of this year. Tiger, well, I just don't know. I think he will be competitive to a degree, but not the Tiger of old. Still pulling for Lefty however. :D

hope Phil Mickelson returns to form this year, and I'd like to see John Daly in the mix again, chipping with a cigarette, drinking a beer, just having a good old time,

Nicksfix
Not a bad choice. đź‘Ť
I am sort of looking for Zach Johnson, Bubba Watson, Matt Kuchar, Charles Howell III, to play some good golf this year. Rory McElroy, another one who's name I think we may hear a lot of this year. Tiger, well, I just don't know. I think he will be competitive to a degree, but not the Tiger of old. Still pulling for Lefty however. :D

I would like to see Jason Dufner win a major. He graduated from my school :)

So now the Ladies side is officially underway, the ISPS Handa Womens Australian Open has started. Any thoughts, hopefuls on the LPGA side of things ?

Brittany Lincicome, Christie Kerr, Paula Creamer, Karrie Webb, Natalie Gulbis, Suzann Petterson, Angela Stanford, Stacy Lewis are some of my hopefuls.

So now the Ladies side is officially underway, the ISPS Handa Womens Australian Open has started. Any thoughts, hopefuls on the LPGA side of things ?

Brittany Lincicome, Christie Kerr, Paula Creamer, Karrie Webb, Natalie Gulbis, Suzann Petterson, Angela Stanford, Stacy Lewis are some of my hopefuls.

Hopefully Webb can snatch up a win :)

Scott Stallings is leading the Humana Challenge by 5 strokes heading into the final round.

Scott Stallings ?!?!?! Where did this come from ? Good Luck Scott.

Here is the leaderboard heading into the final round. Have a look at the bottom part of the page ... those who failed to make the cut. Wow, some big names in that list.

Leaderboard

Nicksfix
Scott Stallings is leading the Humana Challenge by 5 strokes heading into the final round.

Scott Stallings ?!?!?! Where did this come from ? Good Luck Scott.

Here is the leaderboard heading into the final round. Have a look at the bottom part of the page ... those who failed to make the cut. Wow, some big names in that list.

Leaderboard

Also notice Rory McIlroy missing the cut. I'm assuming the pro v1 plays much better than the 20XI.

Had my first competition round yesterday after 5 months, after blading the driver, topping the 3 wood, and slicing the 7 iron still walked off the first hole with a bogey, ended the day with 37 point's,

^

Not bad. đź‘Ť
In about 2-3 months (hopefully, weather pending), we should be able to get out around here and beat some balls around. :lol:

Public weekend off and it has to rain on Sunday and Monday, so no comp rounds for me :grumpy:

And I'm so close to dropping back down to 9 again.

My high school golf team is just starting to practice for the season. It's really cold though. The annual blue/grey tournament is in less than a month.

My high school golf team is just starting to practice for the season. It's really cold though. The annual blue/grey tournament is in less than a month.

It's Alabama ... how cold is cold down there ? :lol: 50's - 60's ? That's golfing weather here (this time of the season), the courses are packed on these type of days, even though the fairways and greens are still halfway frozen, there are always those die-hards who have to get out there and swing. Of course, we do have the Chili Open coming up at the end of February, this really attracts the die-hards, myself included. Cool event, looking forward to it.

Good Luck this year, keep us posted. đź‘Ť

Nicksfix
It's Alabama ... how cold is cold down there ? :lol: 50's - 60's ? That's golfing weather here (this time of the season), the courses are packed on these type of days, even though the fairways and greens are still halfway frozen, there are always those die-hards who have to get out there and swing. Of course, we do have the Chili Open coming up at the end of February, this really attracts the die-hards, myself included. Cool event, looking forward to it.

Good Luck this year, keep us posted. đź‘Ť

I'll keep you updated. The high is 50 tomorrow I think. Its a humid 50, so it feels like 40. Last year it monsooned through the whole second day. I shot terrible. I think it was a 94. I want redemption this year. The blue/grey is late in Feb.

Lefty's (Phil Mickelson) bid for a 59 lipped out of the cup. He could have been one of the elite to have accomplished this. Only 5 other players in the history of the PGA Tour have seen this number ..... awesome feat indeed ! Nice round Phil. đź‘Ť

Article and video

Lefty's (Phil Mickelson) bid for a 59 lipped out of the cup. He could have been one of the elite to have accomplished this. Only 5 other players in the history of the PGA Tour have seen this number ..... awesome feat indeed ! Nice round Phil. đź‘Ť

Article and video

I saw that. Great job Phil. I really respect him as a golfer and a human. He'll probably shoot 56 tomorrow :lol:

Anybody remember the 58 ? Shigeki Maruyama at the 2000 U.S. Open.

Al Geiberger - 1977 Memphis Classic.
Chip Beck - 1991 Las Vegas Invitational.
David Duval - 1999 Bob Hope Invitational.

The 58 is quite impressive, but there is one that I do remember the most.

HINT ---> It wasn't a man.

Any guesses ?

Annika

She was quite the golfer. I'd love to see her make a return.

Nicksfix
Anybody remember the 58 ? Shigeki Maruyama at the 2000 u.s. Open.

Al Geiberger - 1977 Memphis Classic
Chip Beck - 1991 Las Vegas Invitational
David Duval - 1999 Bob Hope Invitational

The 58 is quite impressive, but there is one that I do remember the most.

HINT ---> It wasn't a man.

Any guesses ?

Annika

She was quite the golfer. I'd love to see her make a return.

In a high school golf event, Bobby Wyatt shot a 58 in the sectional tournament. It was at azalea city which is his home course. He plays on Alabama's golf team now.

Played at some course on the coast yesterday in some serious wind, put simply I had 1 over the front with 3 bridies cause most of the holes were downwind and then I had 6 over on the back 9 cause of the headwind :lol:

Was -3 for the first time in a round ever on Saturday, AND it was after only TWO holes! 6ft Birdie, followed by a chip-in eagle 3 from about 15m short of the green (about 25m to pin). However I was quickly brought back to earth... 3 putt bogey 4 on the next hole after running a 20ft downhill putt 8ft past... then from 60-70ft, a FOUR putt double bogey 7!

G. O. L. F.

In the end it was yet another 76

Was -3 for the first time in a round ever on Saturday, AND it was after only TWO holes! 6ft Birdie, followed by a chip-in eagle 3 from about 15m short of the green (about 25m to pin). However I was quickly brought back to earth... 3 putt bogey 4 on the next hole after running a 20ft downhill putt 8ft past... then from 60-70ft, a FOUR putt double bogey 7!

G. O. L. F.

In the end it was yet another 76

-3 after 2 holes. I bet you were all :D ... a birdie followed by a eagle chip in are quite impressive. đź‘Ť It's shots like those which make you come back for more.

Then again, 3 putt bogeys and 4 putt double bogeys are the ones that make you want to wing your clubs into the lake. :lol:

Golf .... don't you just love the game. :boggled:

Just finished playing my second practice round for the blue/grey. It's supposed to pour all day tomorrow. It might turn into a 1 day tournament.

Day 1: rained out. I'll play the second day of the blue/grey tomorrow which will be the only round. The course will hopefully dry out decently. I have a harder time chipping when it's wet.

Just finished playing my second practice round for the blue/grey. It's supposed to pour all day tomorrow. It might turn into a 1 day tournament.

Day 1: rained out. I'll play the second day of the blue/grey tomorrow which will be the only round. The course will hopefully dry out decently. I have a harder time chipping when it's wet.

Best of luck to you. đź‘Ť

Back