PGA / LPGA / personal golf

• Thread starter Nicksfix
  • 962 comments
It was a lighted golf course. We didn't need glow golf balls. I shot even par. 3 birdies and 3 bogeys on 9 holes.

Nicksfix
Good round bud. :cheers:

There is nothing wrong with a par round. 👍

Nope, nothing wrong with it at all. It was the most fun I've ever had hands down. I got to the first tee, and I kept thinking "what am I doing? Am I crazy? I'm really playing golf at night! " I birdied the first hole btw. I recommend playing a lighted golf course at night at least once.

Nope, nothing wrong with it at all. It was the most fun I've ever had hands down. I got to the first tee, and I kept thinking "what am I doing? Am I crazy? I'm really playing golf at night! " I birdied the first hole btw. I recommend playing a lighted golf course at night at least once.

Haha I sorta get that feel when I'm hitting balls of the range at night, just feels so unorthodox :lol:

My friend made a 13 in the high school state tournament on a hole. He was 1 under through about 8 holes. He still managed to shoot an 83.

I played a 5 day tournament, a guy had 28 on a par 3. My friend played with him and he put 10 balls in the water.

No clue what he finished with.

I seen a bloke play of 0, drove a par 4 green and walked off with 18, damn near killed him, To his credit it is the toughest green on the course and no one walked off that hole lower then a bogey, The greens worked well for me that day, I love them stupid fast,

I played a 5 day tournament, a guy had 28 on a par 3. My friend played with him and he put 10 balls in the water.

No clue what he finished with.

This is the point in time when you throw your clubs in the lake and say to hell with it, I'm going to the 19th hole. :P

TDZdave
I seen a bloke play of 0, drove a par 4 green and walked off with 18, damn near killed him, To his credit it is the toughest green on the course and no one walked off that hole lower then a bogey, The greens worked well for me that day, I love them stupid fast,

Wow. That's enough where my putter would be in 18 pieces after that hole :lol:

@stavingo: I've hit 4 in a row in the water before and made a 12. If I was old enough to drink, I would've.

@stavingo: I've hit 4 in a row in the water before and made a 12. If I was old enough to drink, I would've.

You see, the smarter golfers with short tempers tend to play stableford event days :sly:

A couple of years back while we were out, a buddy of mine found a Ping putter in a tree. One can only imagine what triggered this event :lol:. He was going to keep it, but decided to turn it in at the front desk, just in case the said golfer returned and inquired if anyone found a putter out there somewhere on the course. As aggravated as I may get at times playing this game, I still don't think that I could bring it upon myself to break a club, or just send it flying into no mans land.

Nicksfix
A couple of years back while we were out, a buddy of mine found a Ping putter in a tree. One can only imagine what triggered this event :lol:. He was going to keep it, but decided to turn it in at the front desk, just in case the said golfer returned and inquired if anyone found a putter out there somewhere on the course. As aggravated as I may get at times playing this game, I still don't think that I could bring it upon myself to break a club, or just send it flying into no mans land.

Yea. I've broken 2 clubs neither from anger. I use a scotty cameron circa 62. I like it. I also use a winn mid size pistol grip. I use the claw grip because I had the yips really bad about a year ago.

Yea. I've broken 2 clubs neither from anger. I use a scotty cameron circa 62. I like it. I also use a winn mid size pistol grip. I use the claw grip because I had the yips really bad about a year ago.

Nice putter 👍
I've experimented with the claw grip, and to no good avail. I've even went into Foxxy Golf and experimented with belly putters .... talk about uncomfortable as all hell. Passed on that idea :lol:. I'll stick with my Odyssey White Hot 2 ball putter ;).

The weather is getting there, the local courses are cleaning up, won't be long until we are swinging up here. Some have been out already, but it's not the best of conditions yet. I can wait a couple of weeks. The local driving range has opened up last week. I think I'll get out (hopefully this weekend) and work out the Winter bugs before hitting the "buddies and friends tour" :lol:.

The claw was definitely an adjustment. I'm glad that I switched though. The long putter was a no go for me either. I had no clue what the crap I was doing. My friend had to hide his because he kept trying it every now and again. It was really messing him up.

I fractured my driver shaft on the 12th hole by throwing it into the ground, then smashed it into 4 pieces at the 13th hole, I had never been so angry at a golf course, I was so angry while swinging I hit my 9 iron 180 meters on the fly,

I fractured my driver shaft on the 12th hole by throwing it into the ground, then smashed it into 4 pieces at the 13th hole, I had never been so angry at a golf course, I was so angry while swinging I hit my 9 iron 180 meters on the fly,

Well since we're talking about breaking clubs, I'll go through my count.

Broke my SW on my old set my thumping it hard into the ground (ladies flex, what do you expect? :lol:)

Then in that same set I broke my 3 wood on the practice net by hitting down too hard into the mat and it broke.

Then on my current set, I broke my 8 iron cause I hit a really bad recovery shot and ended up with a wipe, hard whack onto the top of my carry bag broke that shaft.

Then a few months later broke my 5 wood via hitting my ball of some hard packed dirt (don't ask about anything cause I won't have a clue)

Then earlier this year I broke my 4 iron by trying to hit out of the trees, and on my follow through there was a tree in the way and I warped it around it snapped.

And then I broke my 5 wood on my current set again the exact same way how I broke my old 3 wood.

So that's what, about six? :lol:

My most embarassing break was my 3 iron of my old set, Was hitting it so long all day, longer then my 3 wood in some cases, decided to lay up from the bunkers on the par 5, 13th, hit the ball so sweet off the tee and watched the club head chase it, 220 meter's down the fairway later we found the ball 1 meter short of the bunker and the 3 iron head in the bunker, :lol: I couldn't believe my luck, Specially when the pin placement was perfect for another 3 iron shot, hit the sweetest 4 iron shot to the edge of the green, it rolled off then pitched it to far then a 2 putt for bogey, I was so annoyed :lol:

^
Horror stories about clubs. :nervous:

I can honestly say that I have never broken a club in a fit of rage. I've slammed the head into the ground, maybe should have broken or bent one, but never did. Now what I can say is that I am guilty of taking a ball, and out of frustration winging it into oblivion, along with expressing the English language :lol:. Into the pond / lake / woods, wherever, just get this thing out of my sight. You then get back into the cart, regroup, hit the next hole and somehow things seem to get better. Amazing how that works.

So, it's Masters week. Who do you like ?
Here are the notable pairings for Thursday and Friday.

Go Lefty.

How about Bubba Watson's Hovercraft at the golf course. Kinda cool.

Bubba's hover craft is awesome. I wonder what one might cost :lol: I'm wanting Jason Dufner to win the masters btw.

Bubba's hover craft is awesome. I wonder what one might cost :lol: I'm wanting Jason Dufner to win the masters btw.

That thing would be so fun, after my rounds I'd just take it out to my local river just to have a drive around :lol:

For me, I'm feeling that Tiger may haul ass in the masters.

Matt kuchar is a sleeper in my books. I wouldn't Adam Scott or tiger or phil to win either. If bubba doubles up, I might have to buy a bubbacraft.

Bubba's hover craft is awesome. I wonder what one might cost :lol:

20K :ouch: Ahhhh, he can afford it, that's chump change for Bubba :lol:.

I think this years Masters will be very interesting. As much as I'd like to see Lefty win, guys like Tiger, Snedeker, Bubba, Kuchar are also some hands on favorites to win.

How about some outside shots at winning the coveted Green Jacket ?

Furyk ? Cink ? Choi ? Rose ? Harrington ? Els ? Singh ? Any stabs at an outsider walking away with a Masters Title under their belt ? Could be.

Back