PGA / LPGA / personal golf

• Thread starter Nicksfix
  • 978 comments
Nicksfix
Best of luck to you. đź‘Ť

Well, let's just say I have plenty of room for improvement. It rained all night last night which made the course a mud hole. When we stepped on the greens, water came through the grass. I ended up with a 94. I think I chunked 5 shots. It was pretty miserable, but I did par my finishing hole. That's the only thing I can take away as a positive.

Playing in inclemate conditions can be pretty tough. Lack of fairway roll, the ball sometimes just just buries itself into the ground (pending how wet the course is), the greens turn retardedly slow as far as putting, the greens get too soft making approach shots a bit more of a challenge (your not going to get that nice roll back), even chip shots can become a test. It's just part of the game, a challenge to try to overcome. I'm not the biggest fan of golfing in those conditions, but I still do it at times for some reason. :crazy:

At least you ended it on a good note. đź‘Ť

Nicksfix
Playing in inclemate conditions can be pretty tough. Lack of fairway roll, the ball sometimes just just buries itself into the ground (pending how wet the course is), the greens turn retardedly slow as far as putting, the greens get too soft making approach shots a bit more of a challenge (your not going to get that nice roll back), even chip shots can become a test. It's just part of the game, a challenge to try to overcome. I'm not the biggest fan of golfing in those conditions, but I still do it at times for some reason. :crazy:

At least you ended it on a good note. đź‘Ť

They allowed pick, clean, and place. I have a flatter swing than some, so I hit a low tee shot with tons of roll. I was averaging about 230 on tee shots where I'm always at least 250. That was the difference between 2-3 clubs usually. Each green was a crap shoot because some were weirdly dry while others were sopping wet. My wedge game was god-awful because I use all bladed wedges. I can't go a whole round catching every wedge perfect. Another positive is that I didn't lose a single golf ball.

They allowed pick, clean, and place.

We do the same thing. :lol: .....shhhhhhhhh.

I have friend who implements one of his own rules as well. He calls it the "Fluff Rule". A ball of his gets buried deep in some crap, he calls out this rule and "fluffs it up" as he so named it. Not that we mind, hell, we are just a bunch of amateurs out there having a good time. Besides that, he is usually the one who finishes last on the card, so we allow him to fluff. :lol:

Another positive is that I didn't lose a single golf ball.

That's always a plus. đź‘Ť

Sometimes it's fun to play in the wet weather. Where I live in Ontario it's just so dry all summer that playing in the wet weather can be a nice challenge. I'm getting so excited for golf season though, 2 months and I'll be home for the summer and playing golf ideally two or three times a week. I'm still a hacker who sucks at everything except driving, but it's just so much fun to play.

At V.H.G.C sometimes we enjoy a full variety of weather, heaps of wind, rain, sunshine, no wind, hail, all in one game, it comes down to who can keep their head for the round, any other course in my region is worth 6 points on your handicap because of our unusual weather and the 101 year old trees, so many trees,

Bought a ping i20 3 wood to match my driver today, needless to say I already love the club and it's only a matter of time before I get used to it đź‘Ť

Stavingo
Bought a ping i20 3 wood to match my driver today, needless to say I already love the club and it's only a matter of time before I get used to it đź‘Ť

Great.

I got my first medalist award in a match on Tuesday. I only shot 83, but in a 20 mph wind with rain, I'm not disappointed.

Lol "only" 83? My best score ever is an 86 on a rather short course and in perfect conditions.

On that note, hoping to make improvements this summer, I'm pretty consistently able to break 100, I would like to be breaking 90 towards the end of the summer.

Lol "only" 83? My best score ever is an 86 on a rather short course and in perfect conditions.

On that note, hoping to make improvements this summer, I'm pretty consistently able to break 100, I would like to be breaking 90 towards the end of the summer.

When it's competitive high school golf, 73 is where the medalist usually is :lol: It was odd when it happened. I played god-awful on the back as conditions worsened. I went 4 over on my last 3 to shoot the 83.

How's that new club working out for you ?

When it's competitive high school golf, 73 is where the medalist usually is :lol: It was odd when it happened. I played god-awful on the back as conditions worsened. I went 4 over on my last 3 to shoot the 83.

So close to that 70's mark ... yet so far. Nice round though đź‘Ť.

Tiger cleans up a Doral

Final Leaderboard stats at Doral ... Lefty tied for 3rd, coming in at -14.

Nicksfix
How's that new club working out for you ?

So close to that 70's mark ... yet so far. Nice round though đź‘Ť.

Tiger cleans up a Doral

Final Leaderboard stats at Doral ... Lefty tied for 3rd, coming in at -14.

Tiger almost choked it away. Thats very untigerlike lol. I wanted mickleson or stricker to win.

I have a 9 hole match tomorrow, so I should be able to get rained on again. Forecast calls for thunderstorms.

R1 Driver? I'm a huge supporter of the R series by Taylor made, But after the R11 the R series has lost their zing factor, I have had the R5, R7, R9 Superspeed, R11, R11S and have tried the R1 several times, I revert to the R11 every week, If I had the R9 still I would go back to that,

I have been dabbling in the Titleist driver's of late, the 913 is so easy to hit, and shape, but is a little inconsistent in distance for my liking,

Yeah the R1... haven't tried a demo one yet.

I have an old R7 425 Quad gathering dust in the garage. My driver I use these days is my R9 Supertri and if I'm really honest, it does the job well enough.

I don't need the R1 but I wouldn't mind 18 holes with one... for curiousities sake...

Shot an 84 in a match today. Not a single hole worse than bogey. 6 pars and 12 bogeys. This is actually the first 18 hole match I've played without making a double or worse. My driver was hot. I was hitting it 260 all day which is great for me. I wasn't hitting greens though. The putter was not good either. I hit food putts, but they weren't falling in the hole.

Shot an 84 in a match today. Not a single hole worse than bogey. 6 pars and 12 bogeys. This is actually the first 18 hole match I've played without making a double or worse. My driver was hot. I was hitting it 260 all day which is great for me. I wasn't hitting greens though. The putter was not good either. I hit food putts, but they weren't falling in the hole.

Ahh I know that feel with the putter all too well, local course is coring the greens at the moment, crazy hard to putt on.

Same, god knows why, the greens were better then they have been for 2 years, The fairways need attention, badly,

Not bad at all. đź‘Ť It could have been worse ... you could have pulled a John Daly. :ouch:

I have noticed in my adventures lately that the courses around here are starting to do their spring cleanup. Won't be long ... I hope to get out there soon.

Same, god knows why, the greens were better then they have been for 2 years, The fairways need attention, badly,

Even worse, they core the greens around the time when Major pennants is on and the club matchplay championship as well :lol:

I was going to post that one along with the Sergio shot, but I forgot. :dunce: That was an amazing shot.

Yep. I'm going to try my luck at night golf tonight. A couple of friends and I are going.

Have fun with that. You'll need these. (see below)

Sounds fun, doesn't a particular brand of some sort make golf balls that glow in the dark? :lol:

These ? Gimmickey, but I wonder how they really fly / play ?

Back