PGA / LPGA / personal golf

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Nicksfix, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Jezza819

Jezza819

Hmmm that is going to be difficult. Have you tried just swinging something like a broom stick or something like that with just a little weight to it in both directions to get some idea of which side you feel is better and more powerful for you?

2. ENTERSANDMAN13

ENTERSANDMAN13

Like Jezza said, start at a driving range but i'd recommend getting a lesson just so you start off doing the basics right, you don't necessarily need one but will stop you getting bad habits early on.

What ever is more comfortable for you, just get a club and go on feel, if you have a lesson im sure they would have a left and right handed club for you to try. Id go to a range and enjoy, golf can be quite disheartening at the start when the realisation hits you of how hard it actually is, but youll see results fairly quickly if you keep playing.

Spinal movements will only be noticeable when your swing speed starts picking up (being a beginner id advise just concentrating on hitting the ball straight rather than a mile though ;)) Just warm up before and youll be fine.

Your legs will ache if you're not used to walking much, and your shoulders maybe. I cant really remember though because i started when i was 9 and nothing ached back then!

3. Jezza819

Jezza819

Plus get ready for blisters on your hands even with a glove on. It takes a while to get your hands toughened up.

4. Omnis

Omnis Staff Emeritus

Probably not because I'm used to Kendo lol.

I think I'm gonna swing righty. It'll probably be cheaper. Lol. I'll be the anti mick. And since I'm starting out I'm pretty interested in the One Length concept. I basically want to just work on one iron swing, a driver swing, and a wedge shot. Putting is putting.

Definitely gonna pick up the Sigma Fetch putter. Can't believe nobody thought of the pickup cutout before. And the adjustable handle is a huge plus.

Kinda torn on irons. If I wanna do one length I have to see if I should build something out of players irons vs game improvement vs super GI to get properly gapped distances. I guess I could do a set of cobras but I don't really want to drop that much all at once. I'd rather wait until the F9s get obsolesced.

5. ROAD_DOGG33J

ROAD_DOGG33J Premium

@Omnis The clubs will look great in a 'Vette.

6. Omnis

Omnis Staff Emeritus

I know. I am preparing. I already got the new balances and the shorts.

ROAD_DOGG33J likes this.