PGA / LPGA / personal golf

• Thread starter Nicksfix
  • 974 comments
Nicksfix
I don't, but I've a friend who plays Mizuno's. He loves them. I've hit them, they were not all that bad of a club, and they are reasonably priced. I'm trying to remember what model of Mizuno's he has, thinking they may be MP-64's, don't hold me to it though.

Hey, if they are good enough for LPGA Champ Stacy Lewis and PGA Tour Pro Luke Donald to use them, then they must be good ..... huh ? ;)

I've been slacking this year, I've only made it out a handful of times ... just don't have the time it seems. I do need to get out there and brush up, I've got a scramble coming up in 3 weeks that I've got to play in.

My best friend has some mp-62s I think and he loves them, but I wanted second opinions lol.

I wanted to play my club's annual 4-ball, but I had to work the tourney instead. I played a bad round yesterday morning shooting an 85 with a triple bogey and no birdies. I am having ball striking problems with my irons. I hit 10/13 fairways and never had more than a 6-iron into the greens on the par 4s except for the hole I tripled.

With Edwin Watts golf closing half their stores, I was able to snag a new stand bag, and a dozen ProV's for $42

So who we got for the first major of the year ?

Going to be a tense finale that's for sure. 👍

A bump of epic proportions :P

But I think Bubba is gonna get that jacket again, all the aussies sorta bombed out in the third round so I ain't got anyone to cheer for :(

A bump of epic proportions :P

But I think Bubba is gonna get that jacket again, all the aussies sorta bombed out in the third round so I ain't got anyone to cheer for :(

Had to get shovel out, so yeah I suppose so. :P

Pretty good bet he could. 👍

I'll be hoping Westy can mount a Faldoesque come from behind win :D

Man it's been painful Stotty seeing him come up so close so many times. Hopefully he can pull it off today, would be a popular win that's for sure if he can. 👍

Great final round.

Thought Bubba was really solid after his dropped shot. He hits some crazy shots though - The drive on 13 was amazing and his shot out of the trees in to 15 was just hilarious.

He's certainly a character :)

Last edited:
Great final round.

Thought Bubba was really solid after his dropped shot. He hits some crazy shots though - The drive on 13 was amazing and his shot out of the trees in to 15 was just hilarious.

He's certainly a character :)
What's even more impressive is that Bubba is self taught. Each of his swings is different. Same way with Miguel Angel Jimenez if I'm not mistaken

In case anyone cares about video game golf, EA's new PGA title will no longer have Tiger Woods (something that we have all known for a while). They just announced this year's title to be Rory McIlroy PGA Tour.

I personally think that McIlroy is a good choice in replacing Tiger as the face of the franchise, however what is not known is that is this going to be for a set term or are they going to alternate from year to year.

what is not known is that is this going to be for a set term or are they going to alternate from year to year.
They should go the Madden route. Find someone whose name makes everyone think about golf (Jack Ncklaus?) or just go with PGA Tour, then change faces year to year.

They should go the Madden route. Find someone whose name makes everyone think about golf (Jack Ncklaus?) or just go with PGA Tour, then change faces year to year.
I think that for the last year and a half, it has been Rory that has achieved that. That being said, alternating the cover athlete/title from year to year would certainly do the franchise some good, especially considering the fact that EA has attempted this approach the last few Tiger games. It would be a pretty much straight forward cut and paste job from here on out.

I was wrong about Tiger, I must have heard commentators speaking of last year in the background or something. :embarrassed:

I was wrong about Tiger, I must have heard commentators speaking of last year in the background or something. :embarrassed:

Ah that's cool then, I think the final day will consist of a playoff between 5 golfers, 2 will be Australian,

Shame this weekend I'm filled with finishing assignments but I can tell the Masters is shaking up to be an absolute thriller.

Back