PGA / LPGA / personal golf

• Thread starter Nicksfix
  • 978 comments
Mark O'Meara with an impressive day, I watched Spieth go around 11,12,13 rock solid. Tiger was scrambling but did birdie 11 which is not easy.

Charlie Hoffman is the only one within 9. One of those 2 will win unless they both choke a very fat one

I think if John Senden can keep his nerve he will be there at the end of day 4, but then there are several golfers that ended day one at square or higher and they certainly can pull it back,

It'll take consecutive 67s or below just to pass Spieth if he goes even Saturday and Sunday. I have a feeling that with as strong as Spieth's game is, he'll finish at -20 assuming he plays Saturday and Sunday like he did yesterday and today. Plus, it's about to rain cats and dogs in Augusta. Scoring may be harder this afternoon with all the wind and rain I got in Auburn a few hours ago which is headed to Augusta soon

That may take out some big names if it happens before the end of the fay
It was pouring here by 10 am central which is 11 local time in Augusta. The back nine for the McIlroy Mickleson group may get wet

Yeah, projected cut is +2, some big names in that, and they are still on the course

At 8:30 central the skies were gray and there was a swirling breeze in AU. If nothing else, the weather may cause some wind. Rory is having a bad day. No one right now is playing well enough to challenge Spieth or Hoffman. The course is playing so damn hard. Tomorrow, the course will be softer assuming it does rain which should allow for players(other than Spieth) to shoot a 65.

Last edited:
I'm enjoying this one as much as a handful of past years. You gotta love things like Sandy Lyle carrying a one iron and a putter with hickory shaft. He shot a 74 and a 76 which is not to shabby for his age, didn't make the cut but 👍

63 year old, 2 time champion Gentle Ben says goodbye to Augusta, when questioned during his post round interview he says "It feels like I won the tournament" hah! Hard to believe he's played in 44 of them, what a Class Act.

Of course these things only add to the great play this year.

So glad Spieth took the green jacket. He's a great kid who will probably win many more. Finally, there's an American rival to Rory McIlroy

I've been a long time fan of the game, but I never formally played 18 holes in my life, until Monday. As part of my birthday celebration, I'm going to play my first round of golf at my local golf course, and I am a bit nervous about it.
courseId=15256&facilityId=14656&view=wide&img=1&t=1438384001.png

Just so that I don't make an *** out of myself, and to see if I am reading the above scorecard right, men can play the white tees, right? [Since I know that women play on red tees, and the white tees are also for women in a tournament setting.]

Does anyone else golf? Now that I'm 30 I've decided that I will take up golf. Maybe I will also web log about it

Is it recommended to start with a driver at a driving range to establish a swing?

Does anyone else golf? Now that I'm 30 I've decided that I will take up golf. Maybe I will also web log about it

Is it recommended to start with a driver at a driving range to establish a swing?

Definitely start at the range and find your swings with different clubs.

I'd suggest starting off with hitting shorter clubs before moving onto the big sticks.

Let us know if you need anymore pointers 👍

So like, how do you figure out whether you should swing right or left? Do you go get a golf club fitting as part of a lesson/intro to golf? Or do you just kinda roll with a 5 iron as a training tool and then progress from there? You think it's better to go to driving range or to a retail center that has the virtual golf projection systems?

Physically, how much thoracic mobility should you have for golf? What gets most sore after a round? I'm really bored of walking around my uglyass neighborhood and at gyms. I'd rather be on a beautiful golf course on a sunny day sweating and chasing a ball around with a stick.

So like, how do you figure out whether you should swing right or left? Do you go get a golf club fitting as part of a lesson/intro to golf? Or do you just kinda roll with a 5 iron as a training tool and then progress from there? You think it's better to go to driving range or to a retail center that has the virtual golf projection systems?

Physically, how much thoracic mobility should you have for golf? What gets most sore after a round? I'm really bored of walking around my uglyass neighborhood and at gyms. I'd rather be on a beautiful golf course on a sunny day sweating and chasing a ball around with a stick.

Which way do you swing a baseball bat? I'm naturally left handed but swing a baseball bat & golf club right handed. It's just the way I've always done it and it feels more natural. I think Jordan Speith is naturally left handed but swings right handed and Phil Mickelson is naturally right handed but swings left handed.

That's the thing. I'm a lefty and I swing a bat lefty. However, I did kendo for ten years and the left hand is the power hand on the bottom of the sword, so in essence it's a "righty" baseball grip with lefty footwork.

So for golf I'm conflicted between the hand placement and the footwork. Kendo ruined it for me.

Back