PhotoMode Competition - Week 50 - closed

• Thread starter Brock5000
  • 117 comments
I consider the Ford GT to be in with those, as the GT40 is listed. So I'm entering with a Ford GT.

Haha, the Ford GT LM? There's no way that's in the P1 or P2 classes, it's based on a road car. The rules have changed since the '60s ;) Not only does it not exist, but it would be in the GT class same as the Viper and 'Vette. Of course, if you want to enter it feel free, but I wouldn't expect it to make the poll. I'm pretty sure he only wants P1 and P2 (Prototype-style) cars, as much as I'd love to enter with a Viper.

I wouldn't think the fantasy LM cars such as the NSX LM Edition, Camaro LM Edition or the Super Touring ones (Impreza, FTO, RX-7, etc.) would count.

I'm thinking he mentioned the R92CP and similar looking for the ones commonly known as "prototype" LM cars.

The GT40 got included because in the 60s rules were different, but I don't think a modern-day GT counts. That's just my take on it.

Brock5000
which fantasy cars do you mean? afaik there's a few that would fit in the GT1 class. I left out the vette & viper as they are a class down and I think Freddy wants to see the cream of the crop, new and old.

Freddy's description says "R92CP, GT40, GT-ONE etc..." so if you think the car would fit in with them, use it.

but, youre leaving out the cream of the crop of todays real gt1s? :confused: granted, the viper and c5-r raced as gts, theres very little differnce between the gts they raced under and the gt1 thats in place now.

I got 11 shots to decide between, erm its going to be hard to decide. Which one I will enter for this weeks PMC.

Final Entry

w00t! No more stupid black bar. I'm glad I figured out how to get rid of it. I really does ruin pictures.

TVR&Ferrari_Fan
I got 11 shots to decide between, erm its going to be hard to decide. Which one I will enter for this weeks PMC.

choose a crappy one... do us all a favour ;)

Diego440
choose a crappy one... do us all a favour ;)
Nah, but did you say this because you saw the 11 shots i got to decide between. Anyone who wants to see the shots I got to decide between, can well look at them in my photomode gallery.

I'd like to see no fantasy cars, but that's entirely up to Brock/Freddy. I would think the GTS-R and C5R would be valid, and the M3 GTR, at least more so than any of the fantasy ones. There are, however, a few fantasy cars that are pretty similar to the real ones (the Camaro LM and either of the Ford GT's are very evenly matched with the GTS-class cars).

Just my $0.02.

SlipZtrEm
I'd like to see no fantasy cars, but that's entirely up to Brock/Freddy. I would think the GTS-R and C5R would be valid, and the M3 GTR, at least more so than any of the fantasy ones. There are, however, a few fantasy cars that are pretty similar to the real ones (the Camaro LM and either of the Ford GT's are very evenly matched with the GTS-class cars).

Just my $0.02.

Does someone care to make up a list of the fantasy cars that might be cosidered as LeMans spec? Call me a noob but I'm not familliar with them (ie. I'm crap with such fast cars!) :dunce:

If most people feel the Viper and Vette etc should be included as LeMans cars then say so. Freddy wont be back until the end of the week and I may have to pick the top 20 in his absence so let's get this sorted.

Re the PD Ford GT, in some ways it could be considered the spiritual successor to the classic GT40 that is synonomous with LeMans, so from that point of view I think it fits in as the original GT40 is on Freddy's list.

May as well enter this week. 👍
Found this shot in my computer.

Final Entry👍

TurboRegal
Would a Zonda LM qualify as a LeMans Car?

Edit: After looking really really hard for about 5 seconds, I realized what LM probably stands for... Sigh...

Has a point... So if its an LM race car is it allowed?? This question is unknown.. just go with a car that has the LeMans sticker on it.:sly:

But really I'd like to know as well. I love my collection of LM race cars.

This is by no means definitive, but these are all the cars I would think are eligible as "Le Mans spec". I included some of the lower-class racers (namely the Viper, Vette, and M3), and fantasy cars are in red.

Audi R8 Race Car '01
BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01
BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '01
BMW V12 LMR Race Car '99
Chaparral 2D Race Car '67
Chevrolet Camaro LM Edition '01
Chevrolet Corvette C5-R Race Car '00
Dodge Viper GTS-R Team Oreca '00
Ford GT40 Race Car '69
Ford GT LM Edition '02
Ford GT LM Edition Spec-II '04
Jaguar XJR-9 Race Car '89
Mazda 787B Race Car '91
Mercedes-Benz AMG CLK-GTR Race Car '98
Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9 Race Car '89
Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car '98
Nissan R89C Race Car '89
Nissan R92CP Race Car '92
Pagani Zonda LM Race Car '01
Panoz Esperante GTR-1 Race Car '98
Pescarolo Courage C60/Peugeot Race Car '03
Pescarolo PlayStation C60/Judd Race Car '04
Peugeot 905 Race Car '92
Toyota GT-one Race Car '99
Toyota Minolta 88C-V Race Car '89

A few cars end up being kind of iffy, landing inbetween the current GT1 and GT2 classes. They are:

Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Race Car '01
Jaguar XJ220 Race Car '01
Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car '01
Mazda RX-8 LM Race Car '01
Nissan 350Z LM Race Car '01

I had a hard time deciding between 11 shots, i hope i picked the right one to enter.

Final Entry

HMs

Freddy will have though time choosing the top20 :crazy: Some very nice entries already. Arsenal's pic kicks ass!
I think I'll enter this week. I've had a dry season and I finally seem to got over it :dopey: I'll enter maybe even today :dopey:

slip - you forgot the jaguar xjr9. plus, i think the other jag race car did go to le mans, but, from what ive heard thats not the colours it used at the race.

After my 3 week break from competitions I'm ready to participate again.

Final entry

Ignore the black bar. My Imageshack is still jammed even after I've sent them messages about my problem. They even answered but it just isn't working.
So I'm sorry for the black bar.
And please give some feedback on the pic.

Thanks!

[empty space]
slip - you forgot the jaguar xjr9. plus, i think the other jag race car did go to le mans, but, from what ive heard thats not the colours it used at the race.

Other Jag racer? You mean the XJ? I was tempted to put it in (and the NSX-R LM Racer) because while they're fantasy cars, they're very close to cars that did compete at one point.

Final Entry

pmc50pv7ec.jpg

SlipZtrEm
Other Jag racer? You mean the XJ? I was tempted to put it in (and the NSX-R LM Racer) because while they're fantasy cars, they're very close to cars that did compete at one point.

thats the one. the others such as the fto lm and rx8 lm would be accepted into the current gt2 class. the fto lm would have to be converted to fr since awd is illegal.

The BMW M3 GTR never raced at LeMans either. Here's my take: Submit a picture of whatever you want, but the farther from the true, prototype-class cars that have actually raced at LeMans it is, the less chance you have of winning. Nobody's going to sue you for using a car that doesn't apply, so do whatever you want and let whoever's choosing the top-20 decide if it fits or not.

Back