PhotoMode Competition - Week 51 - Closed

• Thread starter Brock5000
  • 97 comments
pmc518mv.jpg

Welcome to Week 51 of the GT4 PhotoMode Competition

pmctheme8re.jpg

"The Field"
  • All six cars must be in the shot.
  • They don't have to be in focus, but you need to clearly be able to tell there are six cars. A peak of a fender forthat last car sneaking into the shot is fine.

Eligible Cars
  • Any cars.

Locations
  • Any track. No PhotoTravel.

Week 51 Theme & Top 20 chosen by week 49 winner vr6gti72

pmcdeadline1zu.jpg

• This competition will run for one week.
  • The approximate deadline is February 18th

pmcrules0bx.jpg

Please read all rules. Inability to follow rules may result in disqualification.

• You must use only your own work that has not previously been entered in any competition.
  • Only one entry may be submitted, mark it clearly as Final Entry.
  • Use to host your entry and copy the 'Thumbnail for forums' code into your post.
  • You may change your Final Entry once. If you do so, please edit your original entry make a new post linking to it. Minor updates to the same image are allowed.
  • Do not ask other members to choose your final entry.
  • Additional photos may only be posted in the form of either two honorable mentions in thumbnail form, or a single preview image that does not to exceed 400x300 pixels in size.
  • Photoshop or other graphics programs may only be used to crop, resize, adjust brightness, contrast or gamma, rotate, add a border or small signature, or to remove the "Gran Turismo/©SCEI" watermark, if you so wish.
  • If you don't have Photoshop or other professional image management software, try a shareware one such as IrfanView or GIMP.
  • Photoshop or other graphics programs may NOT be used to change levels, hue, saturation, sharpen, apply filters or otherwise manipulate the image in any form.

Disqualified List
  • tigermoth737 - failure to follow rules

For members who have not participated in a PhotoMode Competition, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about how the system works.

Well it was just a matter of time when someone was going to set this theme! :D This should be interesting... 👍

This theme should get some interesting shots. I ain't inspired, so I don't know if I will enter. Good luck everybody. 👍

everyone says that when they miss out on a poll they thought they were getting into :P :odd:
💡
if you want inspiration, challenge yourself to do better! :mischievous:

Brock5000
everyone says that when they miss out on a poll they thought they were getting into :P :odd:
💡
if you want inspiration, challenge yourself to do better! :mischievous:

its hard to know how to improve when you dont know what your missing. ;)

Brock's right. I mentioned in the poll that the last two weeks I was really surprised to get 0 votes both weeks. So this last week I tried something different with my Bentley shot. I wasn't nearly as confident with it, but so far I am leading in the poll (probably won't last :D ). Even if you don't get votes, you may at least come up with something that you really like anyway.

Thanks to your encouraging words, Brock, I got inspired and decided to enter. :)
And don't mind the border if you don't like it. ;)

Final Entry

126preview6kf.jpg

E_S, there's nothing wrong with the B/C. ;)

this might be a bit of a boring shot, but i love it anywayz:) :)

Moderator edit:
please re-post the image in the correct format ;) Please do not contact tigermoth737 - he has already been notified via PM 👍

tigermoth737 please read the rules and edit your post accordingly, this is the second time you have failed to follow them.

If you do not replace the full sized image with a thumbnail you will be disqualified from this comptition and we will have to ask a mod to remove your post.

Eh this theme seems somewhat boring to me. You cant really pull off an amazing pic of this theme without photoshop or luck. I'll give it a shot though, maybe I can find something interesting..

Final Entry

Preview
preview1cf.jpg

BTW how do you get the Black bar from the bottom of the picture to go away as i'm copying the Thumbnail for forums (1) into the reply but it's not working.HELP.

KarlG
BTW how do you get the Black bar from the bottom of the picture to go away as i'm copying the Thumbnail for forums (1) into the reply but it's not working.HELP.
I think you need to set up an account at Imageshack before you can remove the bar, but I'm not sure. Anyway, when uploading to your account there is an option to turn it off.

EDIT: Forget that, you don't need an account. In the submit reply page there is the box where you can select the photo that you want to upload (by selecting "host it"), right? OK, so don't use that, but click the link right above that box: "Image Hosting by ImageShack". This opens a new window that allows you to upload images, but with the option to turn the black box off.

Photoshop is fixed.

Now I've narrowed it down to three pics. And seeing that many people have posted race cars, I'm going to go the opposite way. Here goes:

Final Entry

Honourable Mentions

aresenal and atlop, those are both awesome shots. there are some really good ones. mine kinda sticks out like a sore thumb car wise. Maybe thats a good thing?????? Hopefully I'll get the nod but with the stiff competition I won't hold my breath. Good job guys!

atlop
I think you need to set up an account at Imageshack before you can remove the bar, but I'm not sure. Anyway, when uploading to your account there is an option to turn it off.

EDIT: Forget that, you don't need an account. In the submit reply page there is the box where you can select the photo that you want to upload (by selecting "host it"), right? OK, so don't use that, but click the link right above that box: "Image Hosting by ImageShack". This opens a new window that allows you to upload images, but with the option to turn the black box off.

Thanks for the Help. I'll use that next time:)

Final Entry

sorry for the double post. how do i put in a preview? I got the image resized, but i can't get it into my post. any help?

Back