PhotoMode Competition - Week 51 - Closed

• Thread starter Brock5000
  • 97 comments
Not necessarily. In any case, saving at high detail is wasted when the image is viewed on the web browser, they simply don't translate the detail. Saving a jpeg at full detail will appear the same as one saved at 80%, or high detail when you save for web in photoshop. Although you may notice a difference when the pic is open in photoshop or like programes, in browsers it is almost imperceptable.

Compare the difference on this image, which was origianally a multi-layerd 2MB psd file.

1. save for web 'high' - 2. save as jpeg level 12

If you focus on an area of high compression and flick between the pics you may pick up a change, but I challenge you to pick which is the lower res file without looking at the filename :)

Final Entry

sixcarspreview8iv.jpg

1. Plymouth Superbird
2. Honda NSX LM Prototype Road Car
3. Tommykaira ZZII
4. Mercedes SLR McLaren
5. Cadillac Cien
6. TVR Cerbera Speed 12

Competition closed.

I'm waiting for the top 20 to be sent through to me, then the poll will be put up. Please be patient. :)

Hey guys my pc died last night, I though it was just the psu but I replaced that and it's still kaput. I'm using a painfully slow pc to log in now but I won't be able to do the top 20 poll today. Hopefully it should be fixed later today, but either way I will try to get the poll up by tomorrow.

sorry for the delay :(

Back