NTX

Portugal
Porto, Portugal
ntx1982
nmft
compbannerwu1.png

qualifying2uipl0.jpg

Theme: Japan VS USA
Cars: Any Japanese or American car(s) (racing models can be used)
Tracks: Any
Phototravel: Yes

NOTE: The theme is for both PMC and 2.0 divisions

RULES

pmcum1.jpg

• Brightness/Contrast Photoshop or other graphics programs may only be used to crop, resize, adjust brightness, contrast or gamma, rotate, add a border, or to remove the “Gran Turismo/©SCEI” watermark, if you so wish.

• Photoshop or other graphics programs may NOT be used to change levels, hue, saturation, sharpen, apply filters or otherwise manipulate the image in any form.

• When using brightness and/or contrast filters to alter an entry, it must be uniform throughout the entire picture.

20en3.jpg

Photoshop adjustments, tools, and filters list:

• Crop
• Resize
• Levels
• Brightness/Contrast
• Hue/Saturation
• Blur filters
• Noise filters
• Sharpen filters
• Tools:
• Type tool
• Sharpen tool
• Burn tool
• Dodge Tool
• Blur tool
• Smudge tool
• Clone Stamp Tool (for removing watermark)
• Rims resize allowed

[Note:No plug-ins for any of the above adjustments or filters are to be used]
You can use layers for overlay and layer adjustments, but not to alter the geometry and original subject matter of the picture: like adding stickers and body kits, and objects that are not in the original image.

All entries should be uploaded by IMAGESHACK , and sent to NTX1982 in a PM.
You must type either "PMC" or "2.0" above your entry,
to let me know which division you are qualifying for.
Do not add a signature to your entry.
Do not post your entry in your gallery.
Do not use a photo from your gallery.
You will be allowed to change your entry once.
Deadline is 7 days from the time this post was made.

There will be 16 competitors from each division to qualify for the tournament.
32 total.
The poll will be anonymous.

I am not going to enter this one, due to it starting a bit too early for my liking and I have some other stuff to get out of the way.

It may be starting earlier, but the poll shows that that's what most people wanted. I don't mind when it starts at all... I just know I’ll definitely be entering 👍

Good luck to everyone qualifying. I’ll once again be participating under the 2.0 rules… with the aim for success. :)

Btw NTX, should we also send a theme suggestion with our entries?

U guys can send themes suggestions via PM with your entry, or say it here:tup:
Hope to see a full grid in both divisions, so guys...enter the Photomode Tournament, and win prizes*.

*Prizes not available in your area.:)

Can we resize wheels in the 2.0 division or not?

I was practically up all night trying to think about which car to use, I can tell you now it isn't going to be the Prius :)

Nice to see you entering Krame :cheers:

I don't know if I'm entering, I've been unspired lately and I can't seem to be bothered to put hours into my work as everyone beats me these days. Yes, I know, taking part is what counts but eventually, you're going for that win. Ever since I stopped with the lens blur cleaning, I haven't been able to deliver stunning work, hell, I don't even know if I've ever delivered a real stunning. (Not just some suck up :eek: ,but a real :eek:).

I'll make some shots but I already know I don't stand a chance against the big names in here. Moglet and Alex beat me in colours and tones, Krame in the wheel blurs, and Charger and franz beat me in the cleanup.

Oh well, I'll stop complaining for now :lol:

[empty space];2678261
so, the theme is basically open? you dont need to have one car from each country in the picture?
Indeed. Some theme clarification would be greatly appreciated. :)👍

Also, just as Moglet has asked if we can enlarge rims; I take it’s also OK to take 3d rims from phototravel and replace the wafer thins in photodrive, à la alexwrc?

[empty space];2678261
so, the theme is basically open? you dont need to have one car from each country in the picture?

If U wanna U can have a battle shot of a Japanese car VS a American car.
If not U can simply take a normal shot from one car. Of course it must be Japanese or American.
👍

EDT: And to answer Alpha about "3d" rims...I think its ok, because its not a thing that is taken/made outside GT4:tup:

I take it’s also OK to take 3d rims from phototravel and replace the wafer thins in photodrive, à la alexwrc?
I don't think it should be allowed (not even wheel enlargements)... I'm still sticking to my opinions made on the previous "wheel enlargments" thread. :scared:

I don't think it should be allowed (not even wheel enlargements)... I'm still sticking to my opinions made on the previous "wheel enlargments" thread. :scared:

Well, basically, from what I´ve understand, its replacing Photodrive rims for the ones in Phototravel, and if its that I think there is no problem, because its a "modification" that comes from inside GT4. Of course this only can be applied in 2.0 division.
But now if U guys don´t wanna, I think its better to made another thread with a poll just to know if this "kind of modification" can be allowed.
👍

If U wanna U can have a battle shot of a Japanese car VS a American car.
If not U can simply take a normal shot from one car. Of course it must be Japanese or American.
👍

EDT: And to answer Alpha about "3d" rims...I think its ok, because its not a thing that is taken/made outside GT4:tup:

so, its one or the other, but, not a true vs. k.

[empty space];2678658
so, its one or the other, but, not a true vs. k.

I put that theme to give people a wide range of choice:tup:
Now its up to U guys to understand the theme in your own way.

next monday ... hmm. ill have something in. i want to use the vs, but, the pictures id like to use are ruined by wheel clipping through body work or some bad textures. (pmc)

So...lets do a count update:

2.0 Division - 2 entries (and incredible BTW)
PMC Division - 1 entry (maybe 2 if I decide to enter PMC side)

Keep them coming:)

Hmmm, I want to do 2.0, but I'm not sure if I'll have time. I definitely want to enter though. I'll see what quality shots I can fire off and that may be the deciding factor.

Ok maybe I will do a suicide participation, enter 2.0 division with a PMC shot!!!
BTW 2.0 side has 3 entries right now, and this last one I received....damm, incredibe!!!
👍

EDT: Ok guys...4 entries, damm, U are really giving your best...ai caramba!!! This is gettin crazy!!!

My theme idea.

Theme: Peaceful
Explanation: Take a shot that to you reflects peace and tranquility.
Track: Any
Car: Any or none at all
Phototravel: Yes

5 entries in 2.0 division now!!!
U guys are insane...really!!! Another superb shot received!!!
Maybe I will enter PMC because the lack of entries so far.

Keep them coming!!!!

EDT: 6 awesome entries in 2.0 division.
PMC has now 3 entries, including mine.

Hope to see more guys, c´mon go shoot your picture now.👍

Back