*Photomode Tutorials*

• Thread starter tigerx
  • 24 comments
backfire - you'll need some good timing, they usual come out when you brake hard and down shift.

multiple car shots - you'll have to use photoshop and take different cars in the same location and put all the pics together into one or you can play in arcade/race and go next to a AI car and then save the replay and play it back and press select to take a picture

panorama - take multiple pics and stitch them together

If you trying to capture just the backfire, then you're not taking good photographs.

Why is backfire you main focus anyway? It's unburnt fuel igniting in the exhaust pipes, which is less fuel the engine is using, that's a bad thing.

Look at real photography tutorials, if you want to be good in Photo Mode.

I'll be putting together a basic PhotoMode tutorial later this week, unless someone beats me to it. Here's a quick couple shots of the 100+ I've taken in the last few days:

Yes, I was just about to ask, if any skilled real-life photographer could explain some of the options in Photomode, filters, and some other stuff.

Practice makes perfect, simple as that. I can tell you all about apertures, shutter speeds, exposures, POV's, etc. but just by messing around in photomode, soon you'll know what each thing means w/o even touching a book. 💡

MR8
Practice makes perfect, simple as that. I can tell you all about apertures, shutter speeds, exposures, POV's, etc. but just by messing around in photomode, soon you'll know what each thing means w/o even touching a book. 💡

Agreed, however if they want def.

Aperature is how wide your lens is opening, wider the aperature the more light the film is exposed to.

Shutter speed is simple, how long is the eye open, the longer it's open say a long time like 1/250 the blurier the picture will ikley be, however 1/6000 would be insanely sharp.

These two chould be where you do the bulk of your changes. Along with the POV. I am a bit upset that when taking pics of replay footage you can't manually change the focus and you also can't opt to track the car.

In the real world, you open the aperature to let more light in so you can reduce the exposure time (to eliminate blurring). The downside is the shorter the exposure, the less depth of field (in-focus area) you have.

If you closed the aperature right up, and allowed a long exposure, you'd get a nice depth of field, so you could get say, a whole car in focus and have the background in semi focus.

If you opened it up, you could put a lot of focus on a particular part of the car, and have the background uber blurry, to help make the focused detail stand out better.

That's a basic rundown on those two options.

Oh, and if you have the aperature closed up and the exposure time is short, it should come out dark.

Not having GT4 i can't give you a perfect rundown, but i've had a lot of experience with real cameras, and it looks very realistic in it's approach.

well i kinda noe what those do already, but there are like techinques and like photoshopping techniques that i don't noe too. so if anyone can write a good tutorials about it, then it'll be awesome.

tigerx
well i kinda noe what those do already, but there are like techinques and like photoshopping techniques that i don't noe too. so if anyone can write a good tutorials about it, then it'll be awesome.

Dude photoshop is not photography, it's digital editing. Honestly, nobody can give you a quick tut on photoshop. GT4 is a SIM, so in reality you'll need to grab a book on Photoshop man. Not something that can be taught in a forum. In reality, my suggestion is just forget about it.

i noe photoshop, i'm saying about what steps do you do to put 2 car together in a picture or 1 huge panaroma shot. i dont' need extreme details, just like quick and simple procedure.

I have a problem of stitching pictures together in photomode because the lighting seems to change when I move the camera so its almost impossible to stitch them together seemlessly, can anyone help?

2 cars in same oicture would be with clone tool from two pics at exact same angle.
Panorama i guess would be copy and pasting both pics into one Large 'new' image.

Are there any real photographers who can vouch for photomodes realism eg: do alterations to camera settings affect the shot the way you would expect and by the correct intensity?

911_gt3_rs
Are there any real photographers who can vouch for photomodes realism eg: do alterations to camera settings affect the shot the way you would expect and by the correct intensity?

I've found that the settings in PhotoMode have been simplified for ease-of-use. Crank up the shutter speed and the aperture on a real camera and you'll end up with a dark, under-exposed picture. In GT4 these setting don't seem to affect the exposure at all - I can set them wherever I want to get my desired motion blur and depth of field, then control the exposure separately.

i suck at photoshop
i only know how to clone stamp because i watched a video of someone else doing it
i want to know, how do you stitch images together?

drfterxl
i suck at photoshop
i only know how to clone stamp because i watched a video of someone else doing it
i want to know, how do you stitch images together?
If you have Photoshop CS, or even 7 I think, there is an option under AUTOMATE, called Photomerge. Look in the HELP or while in PS, press F1. There is a LOT of info in there.

Good luck!👍

CrackHoor
Crank up the shutter speed and the aperture on a real camera and you'll end up with a dark, under-exposed picture. In GT4 these setting don't seem to affect the exposure at all ...
Correct, with some of the settings that GT4 uses in photomode, you would have to have 3200 speed film on a tripod! :)

SoulScreme
Dude photoshop is not photography, it's digital editing. Honestly, nobody can give you a quick tut on photoshop.
Amen ... though I have tried. (Check my sig :sly: ) It take LOTS of hours of ... well ... playing with it. (it = photoshop) 👍

ChristmasGTO
I have a problem of stitching pictures together in photomode because the lighting seems to change when I move the camera so its almost impossible to stitch them together seemlessly, can anyone help?
• Try to not point your camera at the the light source - put it at your back if possible
• Try to use a wider angle setting.
• Don't move to far between shots - give just about 1/5 the images width of overlap.

This is what I do in REAL LIFE photography. Hope it helps

For panorama
I would use 1/3 middle portion of each taken photo
Many people should experience dark area around each photo
so try to move very little for the next angle

when picking a camera, try to choose a camera that is far away from the car
to check it, zoom out as much as you can, if your car is so small in the screen, that means the camera is far enough
then you can zoom in to your desire value

also note that your camera angle should try to parallel to horizon
if your camera look up and look down, your panorama will be very hard to stitch

for stitching part, I use Layer mask and use gradient tool to draw the mask
my strategy is covering leftmost 1/3 for each photo, except for the first photo you start with

if you want to put multiple car on panorama, try this
take series of photos for panorama with 1 car only
then take the next car to the same scene with same camera position
then just take a photo of that car center on the screen
if the car is too big and can't fit 1/3 of the screen
try to take couple photos of it
and make sure center 1/3 screen covered the whole car by couple shots

Back