Photoshop Multiple Cars Thread + Tutorial

• Thread starter franz
  • 453 comments
Well it's something I think is missing from the GT games - choosing what size rims you want to buy. ;)

Civ
Well it's something I think is missing from the GT games - choosing what size rims you want to buy. ;)
well if you want bigger rims, put some racing tires on your car, with those when you buy rims there bigger!

wow, I just found this thread. I'm usually in the drifting forum and stuff but you guys' works are amazing!

I've decided not to go through 19 pages of the thread to find out how to do this.

Can anyone explain clearly how to get multiple cars into the picture?

Some detailed instructions would help so much. Thanks.

I have photoshop so i guess that's a + -_-;

For a pic in Phototravel, take a car, any car and find a spot you like. Put the camer in an easy place to remember, I usually use the corner of the boundry. Also set the zoom and camera filter options in an easy to remeber way. Next, put the car in a spot that easily allows other cars to be positioned around it. Take & save the picture and remember where the car is. Now go get another car, put the camera in the the same spot and the car in a spot that is not where the first car was. Once you do that for the desired amount of cars throw them into Photoshop. I then use the rectangular marquee tool to roughly cut out one car and place it on one of the other pictures. Erase the portions that are covering other cars and viola! You have your self a brand new multi car shot.

Wow, that was long. Especially for 2 am.

SkylineGoes
The picture is a bit dark don't you think. Other than that, it's pretty nice 👍

Thanks! It's maby a bit dark. I could try to make it a little lighter some day and see what does it look like.

you mean, to put 2 cars, one being partialy covered by the other? I've never done it for this purpose, just for wallpapers and stuff, but what you can do (if you are using photoshop) is to use the pen tool (with this tool you can put up some points arround the place that you want to cut, then make a right-click over it and select "make selection" or something like that, the PS i have is in spanish, so i dont know how to call it, and then cut it) , and select the area that you want to cut, but cut the shape of the car only where it may be in "touch" with the other, and for the rest you may leave some of the background so you'll have a little more things to match the car with when you paste it to the other, i.e., leave some of the track, or the branches of a tree, or a sign or something, and then you'll get the car to be in the right position. Be aware of the position of both cars, again by using reference marks, or you may get the cars to be in the same place. But it will be much easier to leave some space between cars, in that way you wont have to cut the shape of the car, but just arround it, using the background to locate the car in the right place. I think that this will help you.

If you are using photoshop, try to google "photoshop path"
I use it all the times to crop an image or layer

method to do multiple car in photoshop
-align two layers to correct position
-use pen tool to create an area around the car
-press "load path as a selection" under path window
-select that top layer and press "create layer mask"

now you are done

MY> I will do more multiple car when I have time
I am too busy at the moment ... don't even have time to play TT :(

franz
If you are using photoshop, try to google "photoshop path"
I use it all the times to crop an image or layer

method to do multiple car in photoshop
-align two layers to correct position
-use pen tool to create an area around the car
-press "load path as a selection" under path window
-select that top layer and press "create layer mask"

now you are done

MY> I will do more multiple car when I have time
I am too busy at the moment ... don't even have time to play TT :(
Can i borrow your TT :) :sly: :dopey:

this is my first time using photoshop
IMG0000xxxx.jpg

IMG0jg002xx.jpg
the second one isnt multiple car but i just wanted to know if people liked it

thank you:)👍

the ae86 took a while cause i had to find a pic of a ae86 with a bodykit on it but i liked how it came out same with the 3 D1GP cars

edit: when i can il send more car pics with body kits on them

Hey Franz, i'm downloading Pantshop Pro 9 off of Filecloud right now cause i was gonna see how it is, would i be able to do this stuff with it?

EDIT: nevermind it was a patch, i didn't read the thing, things are never true if it seems to go to be true >.<

Back