Physics thread

• Thread starter LVracerGT
  • 1,459 comments
Just tried your tune for the RUF a few laps around Nordschleife and it was an absolute dream to drive. The car felt more alive and more communicative than with the original tune. Easier to drive, but not less entertaining.

Thanks, I updated the tune with 5.5 degree caster for now :) This is a nice video of RUF CTR ( not the MNP 911 car ), but a customer RUF CTR, notice with the boost raised to 1.35 Bar, it had 524PS ( most likely at the wheel ).

If you listen to conversation, the RUF CTR was driven on low boost setting, 0.8 / 0.9 Bar, less than stock boost 1.1 Bar.

Thanks for the feedback :) Regarding tire pressure, it's odd that in pcars, the rear tire pressure needs to be lower to improve tire wear. The 930 Porsche rear weight bias with low tire pressure tend to wear out faster due to under inflation , hence factory manual and sticker set the pressure to 2.5 - 3.0 Bar with front at 2.0 Bar. It's most probably just the tire model used :) Have you tried your setup on Denloc tire ? See if rear 2.8 bar works on the Denloc.

For caster, 930 caster range can be from 3-6 degrees, track setup often goes up to 7 degrees, I will update the caster. 5.5 degrees also has been used pretty well.

The front sway increase to 35Nmm, did it add more understeer ? and with wastegate at 2.15, did the YB increased in power output ? Wastegate pressure affect how much boost allowed before opening/vent to atmosphere ( effectively a boost limiter )

TCS at 1%, did you use traction control ? I never really played with the TCS value :)
I have not tried the Denloc tires. Will give it a go later. I didn't have any problems with tire wear at default pressure or my adjusted pressures. The issue still remains the mechanical failure. :confused:

I increased the front sway with intention to add understeer. I thought I could decrease tail slide if the front end turns into the apex less.

I don't understand your TCS question. Under game options, I set Assists to "Real." I don't have TCS assigned to buttons. E.g. I don't adjust TCS real time on track.

Well, I guess you can say so. I'm not a drifter so all the sliding was generated naturally, without any complicated techniques (of course, because I can't do those).

BUT. Not nice news.. I've done some testing: rain + the Yellowbird. AND it seems now that Panjandrum is right (which isn't bad news :) ).

In rain I get no "pendulum effect" with sudden off throttle with steering input in fast corners at Monza. I tried also with BMW 1-Series Coupe. The same result: the rear end doesn't come around.
ONLY when you jerk the steering wheel more suddenly the pendulum effect happens, like in my video above.

Sorry for the confusion mr. Panjandrum. You are on the right track. Something must be off in Pcars physics. With my abilities I could not find that in my sweaty Nordschleife lap. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it immensely.
What was your diff setup on the 2 cars you tested?

I have not tried the Denloc tires. Will give it a go later. I didn't have any problems with tire wear at default pressure or my adjusted pressures. The issue still remains the mechanical failure. :confused:

I increased the front sway with intention to add understeer. I thought I could decrease tail slide if the front end turns into the apex less.

I don't understand your TCS question. Under game options, I set Assists to "Real." I don't have TCS assigned to buttons. E.g. I don't adjust TCS real time on track.

That's weird with mechanical failure ...

Gotcha with the front swaybar :) It's really driver preference to have stiffer or softer bar.

The TCS is a confusing part for me, I never use assist on Pcars ( DS4 ) thus I never knew or tried to find out what it actually does. The YB had no traction control so altering the value should not have an effect.

Here is a special video for all of you, the famous Best Motoring full test of F40, 512 TR and CTR Yellowbird.

Watch from start to finish - compulsory. Highlights include :

CTR overview -the CTR was most likely a conversion build with 1400kg weight and 37/63 split as well as wider rear tire at 275 ( the MNP 911 car was 1222kg with 40/60 ), look at the rear suspension torsion bars, the engine, interior, the roll cage ( the bars underneath the dash etc ) The F40 has 1210kg and 39/61 split.

Test track battle, CTR vs R32 GTR and F40 vs CTR, 0-400 + top speed.

Brake test F40 vs CTR from 150kmh while turning, some lock up and sideway near the end :D 512 TR did quite well, and MR2 spun out :lol:

Wet performance of F40, 512TR and CTR, watch how the driver ( Takashi Ohi, I thought it was Nakaya-san ) control wet drift on the CTR and F40 on running water track surface, aquaplaning, bring it on !! :D

Then winding road check on CTR, watch the foot work and steering as well as how the CTR behaved on the road.

Then the wheel Dyno Session at Veilside :D The F40 had 530 PS and CTR had 518 PS, the figure in brackets are manufacturer claim. These figure were from wheel as I also saw another Dyno run with the F40 and CTR on later year Best Motoring ( also at Veilside ), the F40 and CTR has to be running near/full boost :eek: These guys are crazy :lol:

The next part is the Super Battle at Tsukuba, watch how F40 dominates the track and CTR slowly passing each car :D

Listen to the sound of F40 :)

Last edited:
@Ridox2JZGTE - I've read that SMS car modeling takes into account the year. Modern cars have state of the art brake systems, and older cars may be prone to brakes overheating. This may explain the mechanical failure I encountered with CTR. I've mainly played offline career, and most events so far with high powered cars have been modern cars. This CTR is my first experience with mechanical failure that wasn't result of an accident on track.

That's weird with mechanical failure ...

Gotcha with the front swaybar :) It's really driver preference to have stiffer or softer bar.

The TCS is a confusing part for me, I never use assist on Pcars ( DS4 ) thus I never knew or tried to find out what it actually does. The YB had no traction control so altering the value should not have an effect.

Here is a special video for all of you, the famous Best Motoring full test of F40, 512 TR and CTR Yellowbird.

Watch from start to finish - compulsory. Highlights include :

CTR overview -the CTR was most likely a conversion build with 1400kg weight and 37/63 split as well as wider rear tire at 275 ( the MNP 911 car was 1222kg with 40/60 ), look at the rear suspension torsion bars, the engine, interior, the roll cage ( the bars underneath the dash etc ) The F40 has 1210kg and 39/61 split.

Test track battle, CTR vs R32 GTR and F40 vs CTR, 0-400 + top speed.

Brake test F40 vs CTR from 150kmh while turning, some lock up and sideway near the end :D 512 TR did quite well, and MR2 spun out :lol:

Wet performance of F40, 512TR and CTR, watch how the driver ( Takashi Ohi, I thought it was Nakaya-san ) control wet drift on the CTR and F40 on running water track surface, aquaplaning, bring it on !! :D

Then winding road check on CTR, watch the foot work and steering as well as how the CTR behaved on the road.

Then the wheel Dyno Session at Veilside :D These are very likely adjusted HP figure at the crank, the F40 had 530 PS and CTR had 518 PS, the figure in brackets are manufacturer claim. If the figure were from wheel, then the F40 and CTR has to be running near/full boost :eek: These guys are crazy :lol:

The next part is the Super Battle at Tsukuba, watch how F40 dominates the track and CTR slowly passing each car :D

Listen to the sound of F40 :)

Please stop comparing real life to a video game. It's a video game. It's not real! No matter what they call it,its not real! Real Driving
,blah,blah. IT IS A VIDEO GAME.! The more I see posted about how it replicates real world is a joke. Have you ever driven any if your Replicas in real life? Having driven about 25 cars from GT5 and GT6,well it ain't the real driving simulator,nor is PCars.
If you have actually put your arse in the car and drove it on a closed circuit,I get it. If not have at er. Most people have no clue as to what the car really handles like. As for your videos,their professional drivers,I'm sure you and I are not!

Last edited:
Thanks, I updated the tune with 5.5 degree caster for now :) This is a nice video of RUF CTR ( not the MNP 911 car ), but a customer RUF CTR, notice with the boost raised to 1.35 Bar, it had 524PS ( most likely at the wheel ).

If you listen to conversation, the RUF CTR was driven on low boost setting, 0.8 / 0.9 Bar, less than stock boost 1.1 Bar.

Wait... stock boost is at 1.1 bar? Default setup is at 2.2 bar? Or did I read that wrong in the setup? :eek::ill::confused:

Please stop comparing real life to a video game. It's a video game. It's not real! No matter what they call it,its not real! Real Driving
,blah,blah. IT IS A VIDEO GAME.!
I don't understand why you keep attacking Ridox's posts. Or do you just like stirring the pot for some reason? What is the harm in discussing real world physics, suspension and theory and trying to apply it to pCARS? If we're not supposed to do this, then SMS should not have included tuning options in the game.

You're free to play the game as you wish. If you don't have something constructive to add to a thread, please move on.

I don't understand why you keep attacking Ridox's posts. Or do you just like stirring the pot for some reason? What is the harm in discussing real world physics, suspension and theory and trying to apply it to pCARS? If we're not supposed to do this, then SMS should not have included tuning options in the game.

You're free to play the game as you wish. If you don't have something constructive to add to a thread, please move on.
Clearly every video game maker can't get the specs correct,I'm assuming you would agree with that correct?
So in hindsight,if you cannot get correct specs,its not a replica? Am I missing something here? OK hold on its almost a replica!

Clearly every video game maker can't get the specs correct,I'm assuming you would agree with that correct?
So in hindsight,if you cannot get correct specs,its not a replica? Am I missing something here? OK hold on its almost a replica!
I completely agree with you. It's a video game. Racing simulators are multi million $$ machines at Red Bull Racing HQ/et al manufacturers. GT6/Forza/pCARS/etc are simcade. That said, what is your concern with Ridox playing the video game as he chooses? And you're attacking Ridox because SMS couldn't get all the car specs correct? I'm sorry, I don't understand your logic.

I completely agree with you. It's a video game. Racing simulators are multi million $$ machines at Red Bull Racing HQ/et al manufacturers. GT6/Forza/pCARS/etc are simcade. That said, what is your concern with Ridox playing the video game as he chooses? And you're attacking Ridox because SMS couldn't get all the car specs correct? I'm sorry, I don't understand your logic.
OK usually you respond to something you own correct? Owning the system would help too. So as for stirring pots or whatever,dig deeper my friend. Hey I have no problem with someone wanting to replicate whatever. But at the end of the day,if you own the game,well gripe about it,if not,shhhhhh

Here is the best way to explain it.Having driven my friends new Mustang and the games,well should I make a replica? I'll drive over and get the owners manual. Wanna bet it ain't close? Can't explain it,never had the car going 150 MPH in the city or highway,let alone a race track.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait... stock boost is at 1.1 bar? Default setup is at 2.2 bar? Or did I read that wrong in the setup? :eek::ill::confused:

Just got clarification from Jussi, Casey Ringley said the boost is 1.2 Bar for the YB, and 0.55 for BMW 2002 Turbo. These are over atmospheric boost pressure, so in Pcars tuning page, the wastegate pressure includes atmo pressure. YB in pcars wastegate 1.75 - 2.2 bar, this means 0.75 - 1.2 Bar of boost, while BMW Turbo 2002 1.55 bar on wastegate pressure, this means 0.55 Bar of boost ( stock of the real car )

And I posted this to Jussi :

Jussi Karjalainen;1104218
Pretty sure what he meant in the descriptions was "1.2 bar over atmospheric". He also said the 2002 Turbo has 0.55 bar pressure, which obviously can't be the in-game setup figure. =)

Oh. okay, thanks for the clarification :) So wastegate pressure in pcars include 1 bar atmospheric pressure, got it :)

Some more info that I have gathered in the past about CTR :

Back in 1992, Best Motoring did a full test on CTR, it was highly likely steel bodied CTR as it was heavier ( one of 22 all steel were built and only 6 CTR were lightweight body from aluminum and fiberglass ), tipping the scales at 1400kg, with 37/63 distribution. When tested on wheel Dyno at Veilside HQ, it did 518PS, beaten by F40 at 530PS ( these are highly likely adjusted HP at the crank or it maybe wheel HP running close to full boost ) The CTR tested had Bridgestone Expedia S-01 tire which was quite new back in 1992, 225/45 ZR 17" front tire, and 275/35 ZR 17" rear tire. CTR was tested on 0-400, top speed at oval test track, braking test while turning from 150kmh, wet handling ( heavy running water ) that made the car drift/sideways in a circle ( very controllable ) similar to the F40, winding road check and finally super battle at Tsukuba in which the CTR lost to the F40.

Stock boost on CTR is 16 psi or 1.1 Bar, at 1.2 Bar it can reportedly output more than 520PS at the crank, revlimit at 7400RPM ( from US delivered lightweight CTR in late 80's ). Original RUF fuel tank capacity is 106L. RUF CTR has boost valve / control kit that most people didn't know as it's sort of hidden :) RUF CTR 330 brake kit system offered also includes brake proportioning valve for rear brake circuit. RUF CTR also had front brake duct spoiler option ( not used on the MNP 911 car ) + rear brake duct and RSR style cross brace. The late 80's US delivered lightweight CTR claimed weight was 1147kg, while the MNP 911 car was 1222kg when tested by Sport Auto 1988, so the weight difference might be the fuel :) Almost forgot, RUF CTR have 2 ring & pinion offered 8:32 and 9:31. The 9:31 is original part for the RUF 6 speed transmission offered for RUF CTR ( fitted on the US CTR ), the 6 speed can take the 8:32 as well. Another ring & pinion 9:36 also offered for 5 speed RUF transaxle.

The RUF CTR has been built in variety of paint color, from the famous yellow, green, blue, silver, black and red, many of them are in yellow. There are only 2 AWD RUF CTR, one of them based on US Carrera 4 fitted with 6 speed RUF transaxle and 550+PS output. The lightweight AWD aluminum / kevlar bodied CTR was the final line of "yellowbird" series 1 CTR and it did 0-60 in less than 3s.

Never hurt to know more about a car :D Sadly the AWD RUF CTR is not very well known like the original car, they are amazing cars too :D Maybe Pcars 2 can include the AWD RUF CTR :P

,blah,blah. IT IS A VIDEO GAME.! The more I see posted about how it replicates real world is a joke. Have you ever driven any if your Replicas in real life? Having driven about 25 cars from GT5 and GT6,well it ain't the real driving simulator,nor is PCars.
If you have actually put your arse in the car and drove it on a closed circuit,I get it. If not have at er. Most people have no clue as to what the car really handles like. As for your videos,their professional drivers,I'm sure you and I are not!

The video I posted is for knowledge purposes and entertainment. I didn't mention anything about replica or comparing to pcars or gt6 ... why are you so offended ?

@Ridox2JZGTE - I've read that SMS car modeling takes into account the year. Modern cars have state of the art brake systems, and older cars may be prone to brakes overheating. This may explain the mechanical failure I encountered with CTR. I've mainly played offline career, and most events so far with high powered cars have been modern cars. This CTR is my first experience with mechanical failure that wasn't result of an accident on track.

The car modeled in Pcars had the standard front spoiler, that's why it overheats ? I posted above about brake ducted front spoiler offered as option on RUF CTR.

The video I posted is for knowledge purposes and entertainment. I didn't mention anything about replica or comparing to pcars or gt6 ... why are you so offended ?

The car modeled in Pcars had the standard front spoiler, that's why it overheats ? I posted above about brake ducted front spoiler offered as option on RUF CTR.
OK so looking over what you just posted, your saying it had 106 litre fuel tank? Sorry bro,18.6 gallons aint 106 litres. Maybe your source is wrong.

OK so looking over what you just posted, your saying it had 106 litre fuel tank? Sorry bro,18.6 gallons aint 106 litres. Maybe your source is wrong.

I got the info long ago, the US lightweight RUF CTR was on sale in 2012, this is the info I saved :

1989 porsche 911 CTR Conversion
United States PORSCHE VIN: WP0ZZZ91ZKS129559
Mileage: 24,000 km as of 01/15/2012
Exterior Color: Yellowbird Yellow
Interior Color: Black

Equipment
  • CTR1 Lightweight
  • 525 bhp Engine
  • 6-speed gearbox w/ 8:32 Ring & Pinion
  • Special Transaxle Cooling System
  • Matter rollcage
  • RSR-style X-bracing in front trunk
  • Carbon Kevlar Recaro Seats
  • Sabelt Racing Harnesses
  • RSR-style door panels / window
Modifications
  • Fuel Cell
Description

January 15, 2012: Posted for sale by The 901 Shop on eBay (Buy-It-Now $279,000) and their website with the following description:

Original RUF CTR YELLOWBIRD LIGHTWEIGHT
CAR: Ruf CTR, Twin Turbo in original CTR yellow and weighs just 2520 Ibs. – The lightest made.
- This is 1 of 6 CTR’s made from a very special and limited production series of Lightweight Aluminum Street/Track Versions. 22 additional steel bodied CTR’s were also made.
- This is the only Ruf built CTR in the U.S. and is currently registered for the street in Florida. It was built on a new 1989 911 Carrera chassis #9559 with original 28 gal. Ruf-made fuel tank. Fuel cell included.
- Adjustable suspension front and rear. Original Ruf CTR suspension included with car.
Ruf used thin black RS carpeting on the ceiling for weight saving.
- Floor has black carpet. All CTR’s come with German Matter FIA approved roll cages.
- Black leather Dash Board. Adjustable Boost Gauge and Brake Bias Adjuster-both within reach of driver.
- Black Recaro Kevlar Racing Seats with Sabelt 6-point Harnesses. RSR Style Window Openers/Closures.
- Aerodynamic headlight lens covers. Ruf CTR’s came without rain gutters to reduce aerodynamic drag.
- Special front RSR Style ‘X’ bracing integrated with car. Special CTR Lightweight Ruf brake ducted Front Spoiler.

ENGINE: 3.4 Liter, twin turbocharged 525 h.p. Street/Racing engine rated @ 1.2 Bar.
- This Street/Track version has 525+ h.p. rated at 1.2 bar with more torque throughout entire power band.
- Torque is 475 ft. Ibs. @ 5000 rpm. Original Ruf engine Dyno Test results available. Redline 7400rpm.
- Heads Flow Tested/Matched plus have Racing Valve Springs and Retainers, etc.
- This CTR has just 4.70 Ibs/hp. 1998 Ruf CTR2′ shave 5.90 Ibs/hp. Stock CTR series were rated at 469 h.p. @ 6100rpm with 1.1 Bar of boost and 425 ft. Ibs. of torque @ 5900 rpm. New 2010 Turbos have 7.00 Ibs./hp.

TRANSMISSION: RUF 6-Speed transmission. 8:32 Ring & Pinion (original 9:31 R/P included)
- Each Gear Set has its own dedicated sprayer through an internally custom built Oiling Rail System.
- Ring and Pinion has its own large mouth dedicated sprayer. Drops transmission temp 50 degrees.
- Transmission Pump and Transmission Oil Cooler mounted in Whaletail.
- This is the only CTR with this unique oil cooling spray rail arrangement and 8:32 R/P. Steel synchros.

WHEELS/TIRES: Ruf 8×17″ Front and Ruf 10×17″ Rear.
- Treaded tires are 215/45ZR17-Front and 255/40ZR17-Rear.
- Slick tires are either 220 or 245/620R 17 (F) and 265/630R 17 (R). 1 extra set of wheels included.
BRAKES: 13″ Rotors on all 4 corners
- Cross Drilled, Vented Brakes with 956 13″ Rotors and special Ruf S4 Calipers on all 4 corners.
- This Brake System combined with the light weight of the car makes for unbelievable stopping power.
PERFORMANCE: 0-60 3.4 seconds w/ 9:31 R/P, maximum speed experienced 215 mph.
- Highest sustained speed attained with this CTR on a German Autobahn was 215 mph @ 6400 rpm.
- A 13 mile lap at Old Nurburgring-amateur driver clocked at about 7 min. 30 sec. Pro in 956 about 6 min.
- This CTR makes a Porsche 959 seem reasonably docile.
- You might recall the Ruf CTR beat 959′s, 959 Sports and F-40′s in 1987 and beyond with relative ease.
- CTR’s still can beat all other Sports Cars produced before the McLaren F1
- This CTR has an original 24,000 km on the odometer or about 15,000 miles.

Is this good enough ?

The original MNP 911 car hits the top speed record back in the 80's at 7000RPM. I also have the RUF 6 speed gear ratios ... do you wish me to also back it up ?

Last edited:
I got the info long ago, the US lightweight RUF CTR was on sale in 2012, this is the info I saved :

1989 porsche 911 CTR Conversion
United States PORSCHE VIN: WP0ZZZ91ZKS129559
Mileage: 24,000 km as of 01/15/2012
Exterior Color: Yellowbird Yellow
Interior Color: Black

Equipment
  • CTR1 Lightweight
  • 525 bhp Engine
  • 6-speed gearbox w/ 8:32 Ring & Pinion
  • Special Transaxle Cooling System
  • Matter rollcage
  • RSR-style X-bracing in front trunk
  • Carbon Kevlar Recaro Seats
  • Sabelt Racing Harnesses
  • RSR-style door panels / window
Modifications
  • Fuel Cell
Description

January 15, 2012: Posted for sale by The 901 Shop on eBay (Buy-It-Now $279,000) and their website with the following description:

Original RUF CTR YELLOWBIRD LIGHTWEIGHT
CAR: Ruf CTR, Twin Turbo in original CTR yellow and weighs just 2520 Ibs. – The lightest made.
- This is 1 of 6 CTR’s made from a very special and limited production series of Lightweight Aluminum Street/Track Versions. 22 additional steel bodied CTR’s were also made.
- This is the only Ruf built CTR in the U.S. and is currently registered for the street in Florida. It was built on a new 1989 911 Carrera chassis #9559 with original 28 gal. Ruf-made fuel tank. Fuel cell included.
- Adjustable suspension front and rear. Ruf used thin black RS carpeting on the ceiling for weight saving.
- Floor has black carpet. All CTR’s come with German Matter FIA approved roll cages.
- Black leather Dash Board. Adjustable Boost Gauge and Brake Bias Adjuster-both within reach of driver.
- Black Recaro Kevlar Racing Seats with Sabelt 6-point Harnesses. RSR Style Window Openers/Closures.
- Aerodynamic headlight lens covers. Ruf CTR’s came without rain gutters to reduce aerodynamic drag.
- Special front RSR Style ‘X’ bracing integrated with car. Special CTR Lightweight Ruf brake ducted Front Spoiler.

ENGINE: 3.4 Liter, twin turbocharged 525 h.p. Street/Racing engine rated @ 1.2 Bar.
- This Street/Track version has 525+ h.p. rated at 1.2 bar with more torque throughout entire power band.
- Torque is 475 ft. Ibs. @ 5000 rpm. Original Ruf engine Dyno Test results available. Redline 7400rpm.
- Heads Flow Tested/Matched plus have Racing Valve Springs and Retainers, etc.
- This CTR has just 4.70 Ibs/hp. 1998 Ruf CTR2′ shave 5.90 Ibs/hp. Stock CTR series were rated at 469 h.p. @ 6100rpm with 1.1 Bar of boost and 425 ft. Ibs. of torque @ 5900 rpm. New 2010 Turbos have 7.00 Ibs./hp.

TRANSMISSION: RUF 6-Speed transmission. 8:32 Ring & Pinion (original 9:31 R/P included)
- Each Gear Set has its own dedicated sprayer through an internally custom built Oiling Rail System.
- Ring and Pinion has its own large mouth dedicated sprayer. Drops transmission temp 50 degrees.
- Transmission Pump and Transmission Oil Cooler mounted in Whaletail.
- This is the only CTR with this unique oil cooling spray rail arrangement and 8:32 R/P. Steel synchros.

WHEELS/TIRES: Ruf 8×17″ Front and Ruf 10×17″ Rear.
- Treaded tires are 215/45ZR17-Front and 255/40ZR17-Rear.
- Slick tires are either 220 or 245/620R 17 (F) and 265/630R 17 (R). 1 extra set of wheels included.
BRAKES: 13″ Rotors on all 4 corners
- Cross Drilled, Vented Brakes with 956 13″ Rotors and special Ruf S4 Calipers on all 4 corners.
- This Brake System combined with the light weight of the car makes for unbelievable stopping power.
PERFORMANCE: 0-60 3.4 seconds w/ 9:31 R/P, maximum speed experienced 215 mph.
- Highest sustained speed attained with this CTR on a German Autobahn was 215 mph @ 6400 rpm.
- A 13 mile lap at Old Nurburgring-amateur driver clocked at about 7 min. 30 sec. Pro in 956 about 6 min.
- This CTR makes a Porsche 959 seem reasonably docile.
- You might recall the Ruf CTR beat 959′s, 959 Sports and F-40′s in 1987 and beyond with relative ease.
- CTR’s still can beat all other Sports Cars produced before the McLaren F1
- This CTR has an original 24,000 km on the odometer or about 15,000 miles.

Is this good enough ?
Uhm everything on the internet is correct?:confused: But moving on 106 litres,damn does a Hummer even hold that much? Whoops did I miss the conversion part? Yep my 71 Chevelle will now be an SS. Cause I converted it and I work for,uhm never mind.

Uhm everything on the internet is correct?:confused: But moving on 106 litres,damn does a Hummer even hold that much? Whoops did I miss the conversion part? Yep my 71 Chevelle will now be an SS. Cause I converted it and I work for,uhm never mind.
Seriously, you need to calm down. All of your efforts to discredit Ridox have flaws that we've pointed out. Then you just grab the next available branch. You do have the choice of not reading this thread if it so offends you. This is not productive, and I'm withdrawing from this discussion.

The majority of RUF CTR were conversion and not all in yellow or RWD, does that make them less CTR than a yellow RWD CTR full chassis build by RUF ?

The data were from variety of sources : the Ebay auction in 2012, the 901 Shop and RUF Registry that I collected long time ago.
What more could you want ? A 28 gallon fuel tank won't get far on a CTR as it drinks like a horse, especially if it's street driven.

Here is a picture of the said US car :

1989Ruf_Yellowbird_Twin_Turbo_For_Sale.jpg

1989Ruf_Yellowbird_Twin_Turbo_For_Sale_Interio.jpg

1989Ruf_Yellowbird_Twin_Turbo_For_Sale_Engine.jpg

It's said to have 1971 VIN in order to get the CTR imported and DOT approved. Notice the front spoiler with brake duct ( offered in RUF Turbo/CTR brochure )

And the Ebay auction of the car in 2012, I managed to save the link :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120843799278?forcerRptr=true&item=120843799278 &viewitem=

Last edited:
The majority of RUF CTR were conversion and not all in yellow or RWD, does that make them less CTR than a yellow RWD CTR full chassis build by RUF ?

The data were from variety of sources : the Ebay auction in 2012, the 901 Shop and RUF Registry that I collected long time ago.
What more could you want ? A 28 gallon fuel tank won't get far on a CTR as it drinks like a horse, especially if it's street driven.

Here is a picture of the said US car :

View attachment 439353

View attachment 439355

View attachment 439356

It's said to have 1971 VIN in order to get the CTR imported and DOT approved. Notice the front spoiler with brake duct ( offered in RUF Turbo/CTR brochure )
I own a 65 Impala and a 71 Chevelle,I dont think a Yellowbird drinks any more than them,but I will show you my 65 owners manual,pretty sure it aint 106 litres.

I own a 65 Impala and a 71 Chevelle,I dont think a Yellowbird drinks any more than them,but I will show you my 65 owners manual,pretty sure it aint 106 litres.

Well, the RUF CTR drinks 21.5L/100km in a good day on Super, so how far can it go on full tank ?

Sorry, it was actually 105L, not fully round 28 Gallon :P RUF was called crazy back in the day for fitting the MNP 911 car with such huge fuel tank at the front trunk.

Want proof for all that ?

Just got clarification from Jussi, Casey Ringley said the boost is 1.2 Bar for the YB, and 0.55 for BMW 2002 Turbo. These are over atmospheric boost pressure, so in Pcars tuning page, the wastegate pressure includes atmo pressure. YB in pcars wastegate 1.75 - 2.2 bar, this means 0.75 - 1.2 Bar of boost, while BMW Turbo 2002 1.55 bar on wastegate pressure, this means 0.55 Bar of boost ( stock of the real car )

And I posted this to Jussi :

Oh. okay, thanks for the clarification :) So wastegate pressure in pcars include 1 bar atmospheric pressure, got it :)

Some more info that I have gathered in the past about CTR :

Back in 1992, Best Motoring did a full test on CTR, it was highly likely steel bodied CTR as it was heavier ( one of 22 all steel were built and only 6 CTR were lightweight body from aluminum and fiberglass ), tipping the scales at 1400kg, with 37/63 distribution. When tested on wheel Dyno at Veilside HQ, it did 518PS, beaten by F40 at 530PS ( these are highly likely adjusted HP at the crank or it maybe wheel HP running close to full boost ) The CTR tested had Bridgestone Expedia S-01 tire which was quite new back in 1992, 225/45 ZR 17" front tire, and 275/35 ZR 17" rear tire. CTR was tested on 0-400, top speed at oval test track, braking test while turning from 150kmh, wet handling ( heavy running water ) that made the car drift/sideways in a circle ( very controllable ) similar to the F40, winding road check and finally super battle at Tsukuba in which the CTR lost to the F40.

Stock boost on CTR is 16 psi or 1.1 Bar, at 1.2 Bar it can reportedly output more than 520PS at the crank, revlimit at 7400RPM ( from US delivered lightweight CTR in late 80's ). Original RUF fuel tank capacity is 106L. RUF CTR has boost valve / control kit that most people didn't know as it's sort of hidden :) RUF CTR 330 brake kit system offered also includes brake proportioning valve for rear brake circuit. RUF CTR also had front brake duct spoiler option ( not used on the MNP 911 car ) + rear brake duct and RSR style cross brace. The late 80's US delivered lightweight CTR claimed weight was 1147kg, while the MNP 911 car was 1222kg when tested by Sport Auto 1988, so the weight difference might be the fuel :) Almost forgot, RUF CTR have 2 ring & pinion offered 8:32 and 9:31. The 9:31 is original part for the RUF 6 speed transmission offered for RUF CTR ( fitted on the US CTR ), the 6 speed can take the 8:32 as well. Another ring & pinion 9:36 also offered for 5 speed RUF transaxle.

The RUF CTR has been built in variety of paint color, from the famous yellow, green, blue, silver, black and red, many of them are in yellow. There are only 2 AWD RUF CTR, one of them based on US Carrera 4 fitted with 6 speed RUF transaxle and 550+PS output. The lightweight AWD aluminum / kevlar bodied CTR was the final line of "yellowbird" series 1 CTR and it did 0-60 in less than 3s.

Never hurt to know more about a car :D Sadly the AWD RUF CTR is not very well known like the original car, they are amazing cars too :D Maybe Pcars 2 can include the AWD RUF CTR :P

Ooops, I forgot we used atmospheric numbers there. My bad. Thanks for reminding me.

Btw.. love the extra bits of info.

Ooops, I forgot we used atmospheric numbers there. My bad. Thanks for reminding me.

Btw.. love the extra bits of info.

You are welcome :)

And the front trunk with the 105 L fuel tank or 27.73 Gallon to be more precise :P The A/C delete, oil cooler front spoiler mounted, front mounted gas heater, front mounted battery, front mounted oil tank and the fuel tank helps the RUF CTR "lightweight" reach 40/60 weight distribution.

CTRfront1.jpg

There is also "hidden" 2nd polyurethane rubber chin / speed lip behind/under the front spoiler/bumper ( RUF CTR valance - also fitted to the rear ) that most do not know about ( it's about 2 inch lower ), it helps the front end stabilize at high speed run. The front valance made big difference to the car above 130mph which often praised by reviewers of the car back in the 80's and 90's.

2vn2fyo.jpg

1987-ruf-ctr-yellowbird-911-turbo-photo-552558-s-1280x782.jpg

Last edited:
You are welcome :)

And the front trunk with the 105 L fuel tank or 27.73 Gallon to be more precise :P The A/C delete, oil cooler front spoiler mounted, front mounted gas heater, front mounted oil tank and the fuel tank helps the RUF CTR "lightweight" reach 40/60 weight distribution.

View attachment 439406

There is also "hidden" 2nd polyurethane rubber chin / speed lip behind/under the front spoiler/bumper ( RUF CTR valance - also fitted to the rear ) that most do not know about ( it's about 2 inch lower ), it helps the front end stabilize at high speed run. The front valance made big difference to the car above 130mph which often praised by reviewers of the car back in the 80's and 90's.

View attachment 439417

View attachment 439419

Seems like that is the exact car Doug mentioned he drove over at WMD. Strange that we have the first bodystyle modelled at the moment.
So its kinda a mishmash of bits right now from different types of the CTR Yellowbird. Since the front brakes for example het quite hot as there is no brake duct modelled and all of that.
I wonder of the aero performance is also of the older variant.

Seems like that is the exact car Doug mentioned he drove over at WMD. Strange that we have the first bodystyle modelled at the moment.
So its kinda a mishmash of bits right now from different types of the CTR Yellowbird. Since the front brakes for example het quite hot as there is no brake duct modelled and all of that.
I wonder of the aero performance is also of the older variant.

The original MNP 911 car had all the aero bits and I think all of RUF CTR came with it ( front and rear valance, fiberglass front and rear bumper ), stock carrera engine lid to reduce rear drag. The front spoiler + valance/2nd lip + oil cooler for example are compulsory part when RUF Turbo/CTR engine kit installed.

Which particular car was Pcars aimed to model, the MNP 911 car ? Doug should notice the boost valve if he has driven CTR ( if he took a good look around the interior, it's location is quite "hidden" from plain sight ), but the owner would be very cautious letting someone plays with it :D I wonder if it's modeled too in the interior. ( little details :D )

Back