Pics and Info Ford Focus RS500 leaked, well hacked by Swedish site :)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Blitz187
  • 74 comments
  • 9,122 views

Blitz187

The Man From Amsterdam
Premium
Messages
5,954
Netherlands
020 A'dam
Messages
Blitz187
Messages
Are u serious?
I just stumbled onto this... I cant find an English article but I'll post the Swedish and Dutch sources... you can atleast see pics and pick out general performance specs... If anyone finds an English article please post the link!!

Dutch Source: http://www.autoblog.nl/archive/2010/03/29/gelekt-dit-is-de-ford-focus-rs500#post-34848

Swedish Source (Original): http://www.automotorsport.se/news/20572/ford-focus-rs500--alla-fakta-och-bilder/

English Source: http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/29/ford-focus-rs500-hacks-out-onto-the-internet-ahead-of-schedule/

Another English Source: http://www.skiddmark.com/ford-focus-rs500-is-revealed/

Some Specs:

350 HP
450 Nm
Only 500 units will be made
0-100KPH in 5,6 secs

Top Speed: 263 KPH

Presenting the Ford Focus RS500

Ford_Focus_RS500_01.jpg


Ford_Focus_RS500_02.jpg


Ford_Focus_RS500_03.jpg


Ford_Focus_RS500_13_big.jpg
 
Last edited:
Yes it's sweet.
Cosworth are coming back to Ford with a 4x4 Focus and also a 4x4 mondeo RS.
 
Cosworth are coming back to Ford with a 4x4 Focus and also a 4x4 mondeo RS.

Now that should be quite interesting... AWD versions of those cars will be cool.
 
Yes I agree Cosworth have been away from Ford for way to long.
I was quite excited when Ford was releasing a Ford RS till I found out it was FWD an RS I think not an ST on steroids maybe.
 
Good lord, anonymous black?! The chavs won't like that one bit...
 
Good lord, anonymous black?! The chavs won't like that one bit...

Not just black... Matte Black... :) Which is a color I adore for automobiles... so I quite like it... doesnt matter if the Chavs like it.. :p Do a lot of Chavs drive a Focus around in the UK?
 
Now that should be quite interesting... AWD versions of those cars will be cool.

Correction, AWD versions of this would be sub-zero. :cool:
 
Nice one Blitz

Found an English source on Autoblog (http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/29/ford-focus-rs500-hacks-out-onto-the-internet-ahead-of-schedule/)

I've just realised all cars look awesome in matte black and it should be a manufacturer option on every car ;)

UK chavs (aka scallys) are well known to drive the likes of Escort XR3i's in white/orange/lime green etc and as they have migrated onto the Focus ST and RS appear to have only specced them in the most lurid colours to the point that most people don't know you can get them in other colours!
 
Last edited:
Correction, AWD versions of this would be sub-zero. :cool:

I stand corrected! :p You are absolutely right! :D

And thanks for the English links guys! I'll put them on the first post. 👍
 
Not just black... Matte Black... :) Which is a color I adore for automobiles... so I quite like it... doesnt matter if the Chavs like it.. :p Do a lot of Chavs drive a Focus around in the UK?

Focus? No. Focus RS? Absolutely. I've seen a fair few RSes so far, all green, all being driven by short-haired white men who looked suspiciously like the Halfords chap that fitted my stereo. They all looked about 20 at most too, so lord knows how they insured them.

Probably didn't, actually.


EDIT

FYI, 'chav' doesn't necessarily relate to a lout on a low income. Case in point:

article-1169317-0466F0C3000005DC-146_468x394.jpg

rooney_cars_7.jpg

wayne-rooney-s-aston-1_460x0w.jpg



I jest about lack of insurance, but I'm sure there are enough well-off-carpet-warehouse-chain-owners' children around to snap up those early RS orders.
 
Last edited:
Can't lie, I'm abit underwhelmed.

They've added power and painted it matt black. Looks like Ford have decided to "do a lotus" on the special additions.

Phat Penguin
Focus? No. Focus RS? Absolutely. I've seen a fair few RSes so far, all green, all being driven by short-haired white men who looked suspiciously like the Halfords chap that fitted my stereo. They all looked about 20 at most too, so lord knows how they insured them.

Probably didn't, actually.
Really? I've noticed mostly middle-aged men and caked-in-makeup women driving them.
 
Can't lie, I'm abit underwhelmed.

They've added power and painted it matt black. Looks like Ford have decided to "do a lotus" on the special additions.

I agree its not astonishing... But I mean how much power can you actually put through a FWD before its goes beserk? 350 HP is pretty close or even over what you could normally get through a FWD car.... Or am I horribly mistaken here?
 
I amazed people struggled to find English versions of the info, Pistonheads have had it up since this morning....

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=21737

...with a link to the official Ford site.....

http://www.focusrs500.com/


....not exactly leaked.


Scaff

Well, I went by what the article I was reading said... and it said that the teaser site for the RS500 was hacked by a Swedish site and they got the info first... its also one of the links I posted... But oh well... I posted it up before anyone else on here... comment away! ;)

-Edit: OOOPS... sorry for the double post!
 
Yes it's sweet.
Cosworth are coming back to Ford with a 4x4 Focus and also a 4x4 mondeo RS.

Err, no they aren't.

Firstly, the Focus has sod all to do with Cosworth. Secondly, this car is supposedly front wheel drive. Thirdly the Focus RS equipment (engine, gearbox, suspension) doesn't fit underneath the Mondeo - and an RS Mondeo would cost something in the region of £400m to bring to market, while Ford are penniless in a global recession.
 
They should had made it rear-biased AWD like Subaru.. That would have frightened the average subie/evo owner.
 
Really? I've noticed mostly middle-aged men and caked-in-makeup women driving them.

Maybe it's just Yorkshire, but I'm yet to see anyone who could possibly be 35 or over. Focus STs, however, seem to be bought by those who like to select a colour that matches their tan.
 
They should had made it rear-biased AWD like Subaru.. That would have frightened the average subie/evo owner.

Also a nice idea. That would be nice... In afterthought I also think its a pity that they kept the FWD on it...
 
I agree its not astonishing... But I mean how much power can you actually put through a FWD before its goes beserk? 350 HP is pretty close or even over what you could normally get through a FWD car.... Or am I horribly mistaken here?
Who knows. With LSD, suspension, TCS and tyre technology improving I don't think you can just set one number as an absolute ceiling.

But the fact is I don't really care about the power.

Maybe it's just Yorkshire, but I'm yet to see anyone who could possibly be 35 or over. Focus STs, however, seem to be bought by those who like to select a colour that matches their tan.
Green tans? You are mighty weird 'oop north.
Err, no they aren't.

Firstly, the Focus has sod all to do with Cosworth. Secondly, this car is supposedly front wheel drive. Thirdly the Focus RS equipment (engine, gearbox, suspension) doesn't fit underneath the Mondeo - and an RS Mondeo would cost something in the region of £400m to bring to market, while Ford are penniless in a global recession.
Can I get a sauce on that?
 
Meh... chavtastic.

And there are plenty of tuning companies that have been offering this level of power upgrade for some time now.


Yes it's sweet.
Cosworth are coming back to Ford with a 4x4 Focus and also a 4x4 mondeo RS.

Do you have a source for this... I've not noticed a mention of future 4WD performance Fords in any of the usual suspects (Autocar, Auto Express, CAR, EVO, Pistonheads etc).

Not sure how Cosworth would get involved other than as a badge engineering job.

Edit: and seriously... calling it 'RS500' is an insult to the original Sierra Cosworth RS500 - that car was a proper homologation special, not some chipped up limited eddition.
 
Last edited:
Can I get a sauce on that?

Insider. Sorry. Good credentials though - Venari can vouch for him, so it's not like I've pulled him out my arse and only I know him.

He did say £400-500m though.
 
Last edited:
Insider. Sorry. Good credentials though - Venari can vouch for him, so it's not like I've pulled him out my arse and only I know him.

He did say £400-500m though.
Fair enough, just seemed like a big figure to be throwing out there with no initial backing.
 
Fair enough, just seemed like a big figure to be throwing out there with no initial backing.

Venari said much the same :lol:

I believe it's because they'd need a dedicated line for just the RS variant as they do for the Focus - as well as all the R&D to get the important stuff to fit...
 
1st I think you'll find the new Mondeo and Focus share the same 5 cylinder Volvo power plant so the RS engine is already in the mondeo both are FWD.

I worked at ford as a technician for a number of years and know people in high places I also know people at Cosworth. I can't reveal names for professional reasons. All I can say is watch this space.
Two years ago Iknew they was bringing an all new Focus RS out and look what happened.

All I'm letting slip is they are doing this for a racing principle and compete with cars like the mighty EVO ect.

And I know about the Cosworth and Ford thing it's like prodrive and Subaru.
But who say Ford won't build a beast with some Cosworth tuning.
 
1st I think you'll find the new Mondeo and Focus share the same 5 cylinder Volvo power plant so the RS engine is already in the mondeo both are FWD.

Except the RevoKnuckle won't fit in the Mondeo.

I worked at ford as a technician for a number of years and know people in high places I also know people at Cosworth. I can't reveal names for professional reasons. All I can say is watch this space.

...

And I know about the Cosworth and Ford thing it's like prodrive and Subaru.
But who say Ford won't build a beast with some Cosworth tuning.

No-one says they won't, but talking about Cosworth and 4x4 Focus/Mondeo in the first reply to a thread about a FWD Focus with nothing at all to do with Cosworth is more than a little incongruous.

Two years ago Iknew they was bringing an all new Focus RS out and look what happened.

So did everyone else. And then they released pictures of it in June 2008.
 
Last edited:
Bla Bla Bla always having ago everyone is entitled to share what they know I won't rise to you or reply again...
 
What an adult way to discuss the points raised.
 
It's like reading the comments of forza2.0 of an alternate universe where he likes Fords instead of Seats...

Anyway, regarding the RS+ (I'd agree with the comment earlier that RS500 seems like a bit of a misuse of a legendary name), it doesn't do much for me really. It seems like a big exercise in MOAR without giving you subjectively anything extra above the regular, already bloody quick RS. On anything but a billiard-table smooth surface it'll be all over the place with that much power, regardless of how clever the suspension and steering arms are. Autocar magazine have already shown that on your average twisty road you can go as quick in a 200bhp Clio as you can in a 300bhp RS because the performance of anything is limited by how much of it you can use.

If they'd given it AWD, or if they'd removed 200kg from the podgy Focus body, I might have been more interested.
 
Any idea which markets this will be available in (without having to dig through the numerous articles to find out)?
 
Back