Pics and Info Ford Focus RS500 leaked, well hacked by Swedish site :)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Blitz187
  • 74 comments
  • 9,122 views
Indeed :D Fortunately I had a very good Physics teacher who would go off on huge tangents but still get through everything on the syllabus, in fact it was this style of teaching that made it so interesting and the reason why so many of us got A*’s

Ours was a fornicationwit with a lisp and a serious priapism for Christian motoring who spent a 45 minute lesson refusing to speak to us because someone said "centrifugal force".

Didn't do me any me any didn't me do me harm any me do harm.
 
Ours was a fornicationwit with a lisp and a serious priapism for Christian motoring who spent a 45 minute lesson refusing to speak to us because someone said "centrifugal force".

:lol::lol:
 
I wish I was making that up as well. Keith Bamford, I hope you *insert messy fate here* you *generate own insult*
 
Ours was a fornicationwit with a lisp and a serious priapism for Christian motoring who spent a 45 minute lesson refusing to speak to us because someone said "centrifugal force".

Didn't do me any me any didn't me do me harm any me do harm.

I assume he would have preferred centripetal force!

Sounds like he's from the same mold as our German teacher who declared epilepsy was the sign of Satan...strangely he wasn't around much after that.

Who'd have thought I'd hear priapism twice in 24 hours, True Blood S1E4 (I think)
 
Well, technically it does nothing except make power :D

(and that should generate a fun argument for the rest of the thread, despite being technically accurate)

350lbft? I'll hazard a guess that this was some large, lazy, hefty, American behemoth with a slushbox and a 3.8 V6 or such like? And all the torque was generated at 4rpm? I imagine that'll be the reason why it wasn't dreadful - unless none of the above is the case.

No it was a mid 90's japanese grocery getter with a 2850lb curb weight, manual trans, with a custom supercharger taken from an american behemoth with a 3.8 v6. That was when I was fed up of centrifugal superchargers and wanted to know how a roots blower would do as a daily.
 
That's a nice looking car. I don't see any imperfection on this car, every angle is well design
 
I assume he would have preferred centripetal force!

I've just discovered he complained to a Home Office Working Party - at about the same time - that there was no such thing as centrifugal force acting upon a car in a bend and they changed Roadcraft accordingly. They changed Roadcraft for this zeeb...

*facepalm*

I can only hope they just changed the name of the "force" rather than omitted the very real, emergent phenomenon (not force)...
 
My carshare buddy had a slightly lowered, zorsted, mapped ST ('only' 265hp but over 300lbfts torque) and now has an RS (just got out of it, in fact, ten minutes ago.) The difference between the two cars is night and day. The ST was fast, and fun, but the RS is mental - the rev counter keeps going, and the chassis is taut to the point of fidgety. Cornering is noticably more 'pointy' - and the ST was no slouch.

350hp version should be quite a wheeze.
 
Didn't do me any me any didn't me do me harm any me do harm.

Even though English is my first language... I STILL cannot figure out what this says... Were you having a brain lapse or just being spastic? :p
 
I've just discovered he complained to a Home Office Working Party - at about the same time - that there was no such thing as centrifugal force acting upon a car in a bend and they changed Roadcraft accordingly. They changed Roadcraft for this zeeb...

*facepalm*

I can only hope they just changed the name of the "force" rather than omitted the very real, emergent phenomenon (not force)...

centrifugal_force.png
 
Even though English is my first language... I STILL cannot figure out what this says... Were you having a brain lapse or just being spastic? :p

I was indicating that my upbringing didn't harm me with an ironic sentence that clearly shows some kind of harm to me.

Anyway, in response to:


additions
Cosworth are coming back to Ford with a 4x4 Focus and also a 4x4 mondeo RS.

additions
I worked at ford as a technician for a number of years and know people in high places I also know people at Cosworth. I can't reveal names for professional reasons. All I can say is watch this space.

Two years ago Iknew they was bringing an all new Focus RS out and look what happened.

additions
Bla Bla Bla always having ago everyone is entitled to share what they know I won't rise to you or reply again...

I have:

Ford Insider
A lot of people make things up in the internet... fact. The cost of making a 4wd system and taking the chassis off line to rework it whould make it a stupid idea. Some people just dont get it *looks as the AML marketing department*

Also, 2 years ago? I first saw [the Focus RS] 3 years ago.
 
And this is what Ford says about it:

"The new Ford Focus RS is equipped with an innovative front suspension system known as a ‘RevoKnuckle’, which is designed to reduce unwanted steering disturbance and torque steer, the impact of torque on steering in front-wheel driven vehicles. Torque steer occurs during hard acceleration, cornering or driving on uneven surfaces, when torque on the driven wheels exceeds grips levels. It is characterised by sudden turning force on the steering wheel and can be exacerbated by vehicles with wide tyres and limited-slip differentials.

In Focus RS, the RevoKnuckle works in conjunction with a Quaife Automatic Torque Biasing limited-slip differential. Ford Team RS engineers have worked closely with Ford's Advanced Research Centre in Aachen, Germany to develop the RevoKnuckle technology specifically for the high performance Focus RS. It allows the simplicity of a traditional McPherson strut arrangement, but with geometry settings that minimize steering disturbances and torque steer, principally a reduction in steering offset."


"We nicked it from Renault because it works well and gave it a nice name."

Fixed

I know EE already said this, but I just couldn't help myself.



Scaff
 
Fixed

I know EE already said this, but I just couldn't help myself.



Scaff
:lol: It was a post from you and a comment from a Renault Engineer in Evo magazine that engrained that bit of knowledge in me.
 
Nice youtube clips


 
Back