Pics of your setup

• Thread starter SLaBaTaC
  • 154 comments
Slab, I'm loving the new set up. Heaps more control. I did have to turn my FFB up tho, I think its on about 8 to keep the wheel nice and firm. I did run FFB on 3 before hand. I needed it, but heaps more feeling, I'm starting to feel where the car is now so I can be softer on the steering. The pedals feel alot more comfortable being upside down now, and because I removed the pedals from the plastic case I can move them easier if need be. I found the clutch seems to be a little better, not sure it that had something to do with the plastic, my driving style or another hidden factor. I am tempted to put a harder spring behind the clutch tho. Maybe a throttle spring. Might slow my clutch foot down enough to allow me to get it into gear. I've taped the exposed wires to the frame so they can't be damaged or pulled in any way. My only problem with this set up is that I've lost my 6 wheel buttons. I have a thing for looking behind me all the time. I highly recommend the steering wheel mod, and I look forward to more dirty NASCAR ;) pity my wheel is too far from the paddles.

Does the clutch have a switch or a rotating sensor? If the engagement can be moved from the bottom to the middle, shifting would be easier as I think it ultimately comes down to timing. I wish we could flat shift.

Last edited:
Does the clutch have a switch or a rotating sensor? If the engagement can be moved from the bottom to the middle, shifting would be easier as I think it ultimately comes down to timing. I wish we could flat shift.

It's a sensor defiantly not a button.

My G27 setup with D.I.Y mods, 32" LG TV, 2x 160w Eltax speakers (powered by rubbish 2x 15w hifi) X-Rocker II gaming chair, Desk fan to cool wheel motors & my Origami windscreen to stop the fan drying my eyes out.
picture.php

Universal gear knob $10 from E-bay.
picture.php

My wooden T500rs style pedal box with clutch foot rest for those long drives. Also I made Throttle & Brake pedals have more travel by using 1 screw to hold the pedal faces on.
picture.php

Remove front plastic & replaced for mesh to allow for better air circulation inside the wheel.
picture.php

My Handbrake in the fully pulled position (see the ds3's L3 stick is pulled up & this is mapped as Handbrake in game with ds3 on P1) next to it is my Flight sim stick sequential shifter whch is linked to the ds3's R3 stick & works in pretty much the same way as the Handbrake only wen pushed forward it allows an elastic band to pull R3 up = gear down & when pulled it directly pulls R3 down via a non elastic linkage = gear up.
picture.php

Click my Sig to go to my Youtube channel & see my G27 setup in action as I drift around Kart Space.

Last edited:
Mr Lerk i am very intrigued with your hand break setup.By any chance could you post up some different angles of it and explain what you have done exactly.Would be greatly appreciated.

Mr Lerk i am very intrigued with your hand break setup.By any chance could you post up some different angles of it and explain what you have done exactly.Would be greatly appreciated.

I just added 4 new pics to my G27 setup album that show how the handbrake works better & I removed the gear module so you can see better but remember as you look the way I have it the gear module holds the block that the lever is screwed to down.

I just added 4 new pics to my G27 setup album that show how the handbrake works better & I removed the gear module so you can see better but remember as you look the way I have it the gear module holds the block that the lever is screwed to down.

Impressed you sure know what your doing.

Re-jerry rigged my DS3 hand brake today. Piece of wood, zipties, bungee cord, take-out chop sticks, vacuum cap, rubber bands + 2 minutes of my life not wasted....

2013-07-28_19-48-53_147_zps97722764.jpg

2013-07-28_19-51-18_832_zpsa4d23e1f.jpg

BDM_Vb
Niiice wheel B j XD box little bit greater than G25 xp practice setup M8

Thanks mate, yeah but its a good setup solution for this small studio appartment. I need room for other stuff even though I totally digg your setup - that neon light just tops it of! Nice done, the new seat and Wheel helps it going off the scale too 👍 :cheers:

MaliciousMD
Re-jerry rigged my DS3 hand brake today. Piece of wood, zipties, bungee cord, take-out chop sticks, vacuum cap, rubber bands + 2 minutes of my life not wasted....

Yoo MD Chop Sticks as a hand brake!? : Quess you deserve an Award for most creative e-brake! Hydrolic? NO, Chop-sticks YES! 👍

My setup update: I am going to change my rig bit this and next month, will buy and mount TH8RS shifter, e-brake from a car and remounting the pedals to GT/Rallye style before this weekend (Though my handbrake will not Work until my mate has time to solder it to a old usb mice for me) Next month I will be getting a Wheel adaptor and buy a 345mm suede Deep-dish Wheel.

Update comes when everthing is mounted :)

Just upgraded my pedals with the gteye progressive braking spring. Sooo much better. I've also moved the old brake spring to the clutch and the old clutch to the accelerator. All the pedals have become much heavier now. I've got more control over over the car now. Don't lock up the front brakes so easily, if shifting gears without hitting neutral and even the throttle has alot more control. Being as the throttle is so much heavier I'm not accidentally bouncing off the limiter and can rest my foot at the right amount of revs at all times. I however do not recommend putting the clutch spring in the throttle if you do alot of endurance racing. You will get a sore foot and lay off the throttle more. 2 laps of nurburgring in a stock sileighty sorted me out. Otherwise drifting was much more controlled and I even saw an increase in laptimes.

my new setup. The E-brake is the same as my old setup I set the L2 button as E-brake and use it sort of like a trigger. Not preferred but it makes due without any fabrication or destruction of a table.
IMG_20130814_025033_zps445c009f.jpg

IMG_20130814_025124_zpsa2e724ce.jpg

IMG_20130814_025158_zpsff60bb31.jpg

When I had that wheel I used the paddles to upshift, the shifter to downshift(forward), and shifter's upshift (back) to ebrake. I have a g27 now, but I really miss how simple my old ebrake setup was. I guess I'll post my rig sometime soon....and believe me, it's every letter of the word rig.

When I had that wheel I used the paddles to upshift, the shifter to downshift(forward), and shifter's upshift (back) to ebrake. I have a g27 now, but I really miss how simple my old ebrake setup was. I guess I'll post my rig sometime soon....and believe me, it's every letter of the word rig.

then how do you change gear while counter steering?

First setup, DFGT, November 2011

G27, basically it was just quickly put together, July 2011

Electric hand-brake, reverse mounted pedals, October 2011

May 2012

January 2013

Late January 2013

April 2013 S13 Dashboard

Now, currently cleaning everything up to a publicly manufactured standard.

Here is my first wheel stand.
2012-03-21204536.jpg
raced on that for about a 8-9 months. The metal frame was from a cockpit I made a number of years ago when gt5 was first released. I no longer have pictures of that though.
This is my current wheel stand.
2012-05-08163137.jpg

I used a comfier chair and a much larger tv now. Built it about a ago or so when I got my g27. Next up I will be building another cockpit out of pvc, since we moved and I now have lots of room to play with. It will be getting some tactile and a nice electric car seat with heat and automatic adjustments.

How does that driven wheel feel?

I Believe that is pointed towards me. I haven't tried the new steering column, but the first one with the S13 dash + tilt still felt great. Although it is being extended a great distance from the G27, the steering rod is not big in circumference, so it has very little rotational mass, the main part taking away the feel are the bearings, still not too bad, just increase the ForceFeedback Strength a few numbers and allow yourself a few laps to get use to it. You have to be responsible with the G27's steering lock though. If I feel like it, I might "Beef Up" the G27's lock features. Any other questions, feel free to ask, I'm happy to answer! 👍

9558366224_f3ee01e6d0.jpg

In this dark pic is dark pic, there is a game rocker, shifter box and ebrake bolted to a 12.5mm thick piece of mdf. There are springs where the ebrake cables used to be, and a rubberband to attach to a ds3 for ebrake action. Wheel is attached to an end table tilted to offset the wheel's upward angle.

I dont know how i never noticed this thread lol. Some nice set up's in here! 👍

Here's mine. G27 with a rSeat and a few mods.

u2m8.jpg

iPutWorkn
I dont know how i never noticed this thread lol. Some nice set up's in here! 👍

Here's mine. G27 with a rSeat and a few mods.

How are those pedal pads? I wanted to get those too but didn't know how I'd like the feel since I play barefoot. I don't imagine you do...

How are those pedal pads? I wanted to get those too but didn't know how I'd like the feel since I play barefoot. I don't imagine you do...

I like them, they have little bit more space between them then stock pedal pads. I play barefoot also, they're kinda slippery in socks.

Last edited:
Love your work Silk!

I used to have a s13 dash incorporated into me rig, my build thread is here

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=260449&highlight=sleepa20v

However I need to update the thread with my new rig, I've also scratch built a sequential shifter and handbrake, updating soon...

Thank you!

That is a very nice setup too Sleepa. I thought about using a controller for more buttons too, I just don't have the correct tools to solder properly.

The sequential shifter, will it be compatible with a clutch? Either way, can't wait to see it!

So I've just made a separate box for my shifter to sit in.
9698266775_1b518ecd73_o.jpg

I had a problem with the shifter. When i put the shifter in the new box and went to use it, only even number gears would work. After playing around with this for a little while I learnt that this is not a big problem. In fact its really easy to fix. Look at the little plug on the side and you'll notice that it swivels.
9701501556_2769107643_o.jpg
This is your problem, this plug needs to be vertical. Simply find a way to hold this plug up and you'll be able shift through all gears.
9698267481_5759e4bb21_o.jpg
I used a piece of wood that i screwed to the inside of the box. You can sort of see the wood holding the plug in the right spot.

Last edited:
Back