Pics of your setup

• Thread starter SLaBaTaC
  • 154 comments
My put away setup
I live in a 1-room appartment with out much Space so my criteria was it should be easy to put a side and I could store the Wheel stand in a closet (when I get one). That way I´m saving some Space, and most important it wont look like a rig-/living-/bed room. I´m gonna do some changes to it, im planning on getting a Deep Dish Wheel on a DSD adaptor, get the TH8RS Shifter and make a DIY Real car E-Brake. Made a quick job in paint on how i will Mount it. Also i´m thinking about flipping the pedals to GT-style like this guy did! But not being able to get a big heavy rig (in this appartment) I came up with this for now.

2054429-min-1-vaerelses-sim-rig-loesning

2054430-min-1-vaerelses-sim-rig-loesning

2054421-min-1-vaerelses-sim-rig-loesning

2054422-min-1-vaerelses-sim-rig-loesning

2054423-min-1-vaerelses-sim-rig-loesning

2054424-min-1-vaerelses-sim-rig-loesning

2054437-gearskifter-og-haandbremse-ide

2054420-min-1-vaerelses-sim-rig-loesning

2054419-min-1-vaerelses-sim-rig-loesning

Niiice wheel B j XD box little bit greater than G25 xp practice setup M8

so just a question. how much better are upside down pedals? im thinking of doin it to my g27 as with my set up currently, i continuesly kick my pedals away?. its drivin me nuts lol.

half the reason i keep missing gears. and to any1 else, dont use a g2y7 on carpet tiles. the spikes dont do very much haha

TH137Z
so just a question. how much better are upside down pedals? im thinking of doin it to my g27 as with my set up currently, i continuesly kick my pedals away?. its drivin me nuts lol.

half the reason i keep missing gears. and to any1 else, dont use a g2y7 on carpet tiles. the spikes dont do very much haha

I've played on inverted setups, it is quite nice as your foot moves in a more "natural" arc. I still prefer floor mounted Tilton style as they come. Pedals just need more travel, but that's easier to mod when inverted and removed from the pedal case entirely.

Carpet tiles must suck, have you tried some kind of pedal stopper device? Maybe an old school text book, or a piece of wood wedged up against a wall and your pedals?

BDM_Vb
thx bro finally 3pics XD

I don't know if it was you or me, but it works. Sick setup bro, I can hear your music pumping already with the blue lights by your pedals. Feel like I'm in a Belgian club, woo woooo...

Is your sister home yet? She bring her friends? Pics? LOL!!!

I've played on inverted setups, it is quite nice as your foot moves in a more "natural" arc. I still prefer floor mounted Tilton style as they come. Pedals just need more travel, but that's easier to mod when inverted and removed from the pedal case entirely.

Carpet tiles must suck, have you tried some kind of pedal stopper device? Maybe an old school text book, or a piece of wood wedged up against a wall and your pedals?

I don't know if it was you or me, but it works. Sick setup bro, I can hear your music pumping already with the blue lights by your pedals. Feel like I'm in a Belgian club, woo woooo...

Is your sister home yet? She bring her friends? Pics? LOL!!!
w
Weirdo lol

This is my current setup. It was meant to be temporary but I haven't got a proper rig, still. I have to be careful to not pull down on the wheel as it is mounted to the edge of a round table. Also means shifter is in a stupid, wonky position. It's not very good but I manage

picture.php

Just a normal kitchen chair and a mat on the floor for the pedals to grip

picture.php

My POV. The centre line is just some electrical tape

picture.php

Yes, I play on a Ben 10 T.V.

This is my current setup. It was meant to be temporary but I haven't got a proper rig, still. I have to be careful to not pull down on the wheel as it is mounted to the edge of a round table. Also means shifter is in a stupid, wonky position. It's not very good but I manage

picture.php

Just a normal kitchen chair and a mat on the floor for the pedals to grip

picture.php

My POV. The centre line is just some electrical tape

picture.php

Yes, I play on a Ben 10 T.V.

Is that your room?! It seems likes one of those "Prepper" Rooms where they collect stuff for the possible "end of the world" LOL.

Get building on a rig! If you want give me specific desired dimensions, and i will come up with a suitable design. For those who do not know, my whole setup can be split into two. So then i only just have One Base, a Seat which can be folded away into the garage, and the Dash and Wheel as is. Because it's on wheels, it's actually mobile too!

Been a while since I've been around these areas but I felt like sharing my setup as it's definitely at it's pinnacle.

1075665_10201233741943867_683458428_n.jpg

1016284_10201233765504456_693406180_n.jpg

I realise both of the pictures are relatively the same, but let me explain what's there.

32" Screen - PS3 + Game collection in the keyboard tray - Hifi Stereo + speakers - Album collection (goes back twice at the same height) - DFGT + Pedals - PC + Mouse & Keyboard & Graphics Tablet & Headset and some bits of paper for keeping notes.

Hope you like.

I'm packing this small setup in my micro 4xx sqft apartment...
Apiga Setup with seat
t500rs/th8
Dual Buttkicker Gamer 2's (wanting to add swap Clark Synthesis 429)
Logitech Z906
samsung 46"

P7160832.JPG

P7160842.JPG

P7160836.JPG

P7160833.JPG

P7160844.JPG

Is that your room?! It seems likes one of those "Prepper" Rooms where they collect stuff for the possible "end of the world" LOL.

Get building on a rig! If you want give me specific desired dimensions, and i will come up with a suitable design. For those who do not know, my whole setup can be split into two. So then i only just have One Base, a Seat which can be folded away into the garage, and the Dash and Wheel as is. Because it's on wheels, it's actually mobile too!

Haha, that room is the office/storage room. No survival stuff, just lots of model toys, VHS tapes and photo albums. I would come up with a rig design and make one but until some more drastic room organising occurs, I'm not too concerned to make one.

so. i got a new steering wheel today, for the g27. and because i didnt do enough research. my new wheel doesnt fit.... so i was thinking of fabricating a adapter out of some mdf i have in the shed. now assuming i know what im doing (ive got a pretty good idea.) is this a good way to go about it? so long as i make diameter lines the holes should all line up properly with little fuss. peoples thoughts and ideas???

TH137Z
so. i got a new steering wheel today, for the g27. and because i didnt do enough research. my new wheel doesnt fit.... so i was thinking of fabricating a adapter out of some mdf i have in the shed. now assuming i know what im doing (ive got a pretty good idea.) is this a good way to go about it? so long as i make diameter lines the holes should all line up properly with little fuss. peoples thoughts and ideas???

By the way. I believe they sell a nice adapter for the wheel. There is a guy named Chilicoke, that has tons of tutorials on YouTube, that has this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHGmBHoygJA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
You can buy the adapter in the video from his website

Last edited:
thats what ive been using to do my little mods, didnt know he had a website lol. might check it out later, my mdf fix is working nicely 4 now

my advice to everyone on a G27 is drift bare foot so all the hair and crap from your socks does not end up in your cogs etc.

maybe. i still drift with socks. pedals are too damn cold haha. :3

and just saying. i think i found a new hobby, modding my g27. so far its been fun, and works well. but now with the shifter too far away, im making a console for it to fit. and mite aswell go for the handbrake mod whilst im here :P
its more fun modding my g27, i can do what ever i want, and cant get defected lol.

my advice to everyone on a G27 is drift bare foot so all the hair and crap from your socks does not end up in your cogs etc.

Lol no.

It really hurts when you bang your foot off of the edges of those pedals.

Race shoes or tight fitting slippers are pretty much perfect for the G25/G27.

And if you really and to, you can take the thing apart every so often to clean it, although you really don't need to.

Lol no.

And if you really and to, you can take the thing apart every so often to clean it, although you really don't need to.

I find the best thing to use so far are thongs (Thongs as in Flip flops/Jandals) because of the slippery sole

Lol no.

na im aussie m8 :P walk around n drift barefoot like a boss ^^

i just got told off for using the word 'm8' instead of mate.... on a side note hows your new rig treating ya TH137Z.

^ That's half the truth there, you were warned and infractioned for the following too:

•You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

^ That's half the truth there, you were warned and infractioned for the following too:

•You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

Thats fair enough chief its just how the Australian slang is thesedays :P

Not just "Down Under" either but given that the owner asks all of the members to follow the rules he set we'd appreciate if all members would actually follow them too.

It sets GTP on a 'higher' level than most forums (if I may put it that way). Keep in mind that it is an international site now and not all members have English as their first language. You may have noticed it's not mine either.

Enough said on the subject, back on topic now. 👍

Back