Pininfarina Teases Fittipaldi EF7 Vision GT Before Geneva Motor Show

What kind of argument is this? A simulator is basically that if it is to simulate something as it would in real life.

A simulator can't just start allowing cars to fly to the moon & hit 500mph just because they threw plastic wings & a jet engine on the back.
Why don't we all drop this pointless argument.
I think most of us here are getting a bit tired of this now, don't you think?

I think most of us here are getting a bit tired of this now, don't you think?
I'm sorry. I didn't realize making questionable posts and then going, "I'm out" excused your post from being replied to.

A few of us are actually trying to give some thought-out replies without the accused "salt" or whatever being thrown around, to help understand the questionable VGT cars & their relation to the real world.

It's not the discussing part, it's the tenacity of the discussing.

It went from mild to intense to just straight up hell. Just need to settle the whole discussion down before it becomes a massive crapshow.

I thought you were withdrawing?

stop this VGT, i hate them so much, i think GTS is a racing Sim, why we have this stupid VGT, they dont lookin realistic in my opinion

A racing "sim" does not have to have real cars. Real cars does not automatically give a game any kind of "realism". And I wouldn't call GT the most hardcore of sims. Sometimes, racing games are just about having fun. Besides, the GT series has always had fictional cars. The Vision GT program is not about making necessarily realistic concept cars. It's more about not having the constraints of reality to allow for potentially wild and outlandish vehicles.

As long as this isn't powered by Star Trek warp drive technology, have 64-wheel-drive, pull 28G cornering forces, and looks somewhat like A CAR, then it should be okay. I see this going in either Gr.1 or Gr.3.
We've already had laser drive, so who knows what the other VGTs are gonna have.

Last edited:
Here's my criticism of the car: that's the thinnest brake light I've ever seen!

upload_2017-2-1_20-46-43.png

:lol:

A racing "sim" does not have to have real cars. Real cars does not automatically give a game any kind of "realism". And I wouldn't call GT the most hardcore of sims. Sometimes, racing games are just about having fun. Besides, the GT series has always had fictional cars. The Vision GT program is not about making necessarily realistic concept cars. It's more about not having the constraints of reality to allow for potentially wild and outlandish vehicles.

However, the cars must be at least sort of believable in order to be considered a simulation. I don't see where you got where people think that the cars must be real to be a "sim", since Live For Speed and Automobilista thrive off of this. Those two sims don't have lasers powering the cars.

However, the cars must be at least sort of believable in order to be considered a simulation. I don't see where you got where people think that the cars must be real to be a "sim", since Live For Speed and Automobilista thrive off of this. Those two sims don't have lasers powering the cars.
Okay, sure. But if the sci-fi laser car can compete fairly with the cars with real engines, I have no reason to complain.

Exactly. GT originated with Racing Modified concepts such as the del Sol RM and GTO RM. All were completely plausible, realistic and generally based of an actual classification. It simulated something that was actually theoretically possible, and were still down right rad.

Assetto Corsa has cars that don't exist, either - I've never heard of an F40 Step 2 in my life, but it's still realistic. I'm not sure where the racing game industry has gone to necessitate fantasy laser propelled cars in favour of mid engine race cars of cheap Japanese run-a-bouts.

SVX
Exactly. GT originated with Racing Modified concepts such as the del Sol RM and GTO RM. All were completely plausible, realistic and generally based of an actual classification. It simulated something that was actually theoretically possible, and were still down right rad.

Assetto Corsa has cars that don't exist, either - I've never heard of an F40 Step 2 in my life, but it's still realistic. I'm not sure where the racing game industry has gone to necessitate fantasy laser propelled cars in favour of mid engine race cars of cheap Japanese run-a-bouts.
My point exactly. The GT series has always had fictional cars. The del Sol LM is probably one of my favorites. Another one of my favorites is the NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car, which is a super NSX that is essentially a homologation special to go alongside an NSX-R GT1 Turbo lookalike. I think it's cooler than the actual new NSX. Also, the del Sol LM reminds me of Group B cars like the Delta S4 and 205 T16.

I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume this car is front engined, rwd and has a V8 that's either turbocharged or hybridized. It'd be cool if it had a V12 but I don't think so.

Well, the 2X was conceived as an LMP.

In an alien world that for some reason can make that car but not a more futuristic non-earth like tire. Strange.

Also it's not a simulation when you make fake unrealistic cars or other vehicles or objects. For example, would you call Mario Kart a simulation, and if so, of what?

Mario Kart is a simulation of motorsport in the Mushroom Kingdom.

A kingdom that doesn't exist, and in fact it's not a simulation of said place, because it traverses many different universes in the Nintendo world. So in reality it's just a fun game with the creative Nintendo imagination at large, not a simulation.

Actually now that I've said this it is a simulation, of the hit tv show Quantum leap, just with Nintendo characters in kart like vehicles.

Last edited:
Do any of these games simulate all aspect of the engine/propulsion that the car has ? Can the engine have oil starvation, cylinder firing order, intake charge affecting efficiency, misfiring, oil leak, ignition timing changes, or variation of power output due to various external/internal changes etc ? I think most games just uses very basic engine model, if someone replaced the typical automobile engine model with jet engine from F22 and want to see what happens, doing it in computer simulation is the way to go :lol:

What powers the vehicle is not of the most importance when the model do not simulate every aspect of it, that's why most are simplified model ( just like when I do hybriding and changing engine power output of R35 GTR to make it similar to the AMS Alpha Omega, it's just numbers of simplified model with hp/torque curve, I'm sure the crazy laser propulsion VGT uses similar simplified model with different hp/torque curve and sound file )

In an alien world that for some reason can make that car but not a more futuristic non-earth like tire. Strange.

Also it's not a simulation when you make fake unrealistic cars or other vehicles or objects. For example, would you call Mario Kart a simulation, and if so, of what?

It simulates going forward, slowing down, spinning, turning and firing stuff at other driver :P

Last edited:
It simulates going forward, slowing down, spinning, turning and firing stuff at other driver :P

Well as long as PD complete the series with an entire Twisted Metal range of cars, I think we can all be happy. I mean we all know that they can model military vehicles. :sly:

Though I fear Kaz will complain about how difficult it is to render realistic explosive damage. Darn.

Hard to tell with text. My bad.

Not a problem I can understand.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back