Pink Slips?

United States
Southwest
ShortAzianKid
Have PD implant a feature to race for cars? So like if you lose or some condition or another you lose your car to the other guy, with a limit of 1 pink slip per day. Eh?

99999Evolution
Haha :lol: you can do that now you know
Join a drag racing room
when you line up your car,just say " Pinks ?"
Yes but like an automatic version so people can't douche it up and cheat
SimonK
They couldn't put it in officially because that would be gambling and push the age rating up.
really? You think so?

Yes,you can't have gambling and keep it 3+. Imagine all the raging kids that lost their car. It won't happen.

SimonK
Yes,you can't have gambling and keep it 3+. Imagine all the raging kids that lost their car. It won't happen.

I guess so, but it be a nice feature I think but if it raised the rating then it would be a no go

Have PD implant a feature to race for cars? So like if you lose or some condition or another you lose your car to the other guy, with a limit of 1 pink slip per day. Eh?

I have a hard enough time trusting other racers to race clean as it is, and that's without anything at stake. I wouldn't be terribly thrilled about the idea of something like this. Besides, this doesn't sound like something GT would implement anyways.

They couldn't put it in officially because that would be gambling and push the age rating up.

I'm not sure of the definition of gambling in the UK, but this isn't gambling in the US, as there's nothing be left up to chance, which is what gambling is about.

This is two guys competing for a prize... the prize being the other ones car. Not gambling.

1999's Need for Speed: High Stakes had "pink slips", they just called it "High Stakes" mode. It didnt have a higher rating

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_High_Stakes

High Stakes Mode

High Stakes race is a challenge, wherein the winner of the race will obtain the loser's car, while the loser loses his car. On PlayStation it is a separate 2-Player mode, which required 2 memory cards inserted and deleted the loser's car immediately after the race to prevent re-loading. On the PC version, High Stakes races are only found in Career Mode, where most Tiers include at least one High Stakes race mode, where the player bets their car against an opponent with a car of similar performance. The player must own more than one car to participate in a High Stakes race.

There was an entire show on SPEED (Still is maybe?) devoted to Pink slip racing, it had no special rating. I don't see why it would be a problem in a game.

The difference between a video game and a television show is that the audience is directly interacting with and influencing the outcome of a video game. Pink slip racing is a form of gambling. If you and I were racing, we would both be betting our cars that we will win the race, and the winner gets the loser's car. This would drive up the rating because there are rules that dictate what is acceptable under each classification on the ratings scale. Anything that contains gambling like this would automatically be disqualified from a general classification.

Snaeper
I have a hard enough time trusting other racers to race clean as it is, and that's without anything at stake. I wouldn't be terribly thrilled about the idea of something like this. Besides, this doesn't sound like something GT would implement anyways..

I'd worry everytime I raced for pinks at something like spa that some idiot would cut the corner and go from 4 seconds behind and losing to crossing the line at 200mph. If this sort of thing did happen I'd get pretty dam annoyed at PD and so would a lot of other people.

If it were to be included, it would not be compulsory for every race. Rather, you would probably make a bet with one other player in the game. If they accepted, then whoever crosses the line first - even if you are the last two cars - wins the car.

But I still think it's an utterly ridiculous idea, and only a handful of people would find anything in it.

prisonermonkeys
If it were to be included, it would not be compulsory for every race. Rather, you would probably make a bet with one other player in the game. If they accepted, then whoever crosses the line first - even if you are the last two cars - wins the car.

But I still think it's an utterly ridiculous idea, and only a handful of people would find anything in it.

Yeah but I'd still like to do it on track like spa.

I think maybe we could set up a club on GTPlanet and every race should have 2 participants and a viewer to ensure it was clean.

Even if it would be included, it would be rendered a bit obsolete and meaningless with the gamesave restore option wouldn't it? I mean only the winner would gain a car but the loser wouldn't really lose anything other than his ego.

I was thinking wagers would be a good idea, you buy in a minimum amount, say 1000cr for early events, building up to 100,000cr for enduros.
Depending on your car/PP/opponents you get odds on winning, so if your using a LM car in a Sunday Cup, you will get really low odds and not make any money/ xp.
Inspire you to use lower cars to make cash / xp

There was a pretty much similar mode in the first Shift game if I recall well, something called VIP or something, I do not remember ATM.

It was structured like pyramid tier-racing, where winner advances in the next race, and looser looses.

It was the nastiest driving I ever saw in my whole life. Brutal and mindless crashfest where opponents were just doing everything they can to kill you.

Pointless and pointless and even more pointless.

Even if it would be included, it would be rendered a bit obsolete and meaningless with the gamesave restore option wouldn't it? I mean only the winner would gain a car but the loser wouldn't really lose anything other than his ego.

Also this, I agree.

Back